Apex Companies, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Intern Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 3, 2017
I have learned everything from medical billing to the immigation process. The company has a great work environment and the management have been wonderful.
The employees are very helpful with any questions and with training you in new areas. Best part of the day is working around caring people that have your best interest.
I wouldn't say there is a hard part of my day.
Pros
Great work environment. The company really seems to take care of their employees. Very impressed.
Cons
Nicer office location. More updates to appear more in the modern age.
I love working here- if for anything, the people (co-workers)
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 27, 2016
Like any consulting firm, this is a professional environment. However, business attire without ties and suit coats are the norm. The leadership is very approachable up to and including the actual CEO.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Paid Holidays
Fun, hard work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 26, 2016
This job pays very well and I wish I could still be there. Your allowed to wear what you want and was able to get as much over time as possible. I loved the this job and hope I can fine another like it.
Pros
Work as many hours, and weekly bonus
Cons
One brake
Good company they were not up front about overtime
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 5, 2016
Good place to work only problem was that you had to wait for your truck to come in and you would have to slip seat Long hours and some overtime
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Waiting for truck to slip seat
Great Work Place
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CADecember 7, 2015
Wasn't for me but the people and environment were out standing. Its a good place to be at. Always warm welcomes and joyful smiles around the office.
Pros
Always have coffee ready
I loved working with this company but they lost their contract with WalMart so all employees were laid off.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 20, 2015
I was issued a company truck that I used for all jobs; travelled extensive statewide to all OK WalMart's; picked up and took care of temporary employees when needed. We kept up the storm water maintenance; mowed, weeded and picked up all trash in the areas in our scope of work. Thoroughly enjoyed my manager and co-workers. I got to travel and see a lot of OK that I had not seen before. The hardest part was working under the OK summer sun.
Place to get your foot in the door
Staff Scientist/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2015
Management is poor, and projects leave much to be desired. Co-workers are generally easy to get along with. Job duties are often frustrating and management offers little support or guidance.
Pros
snacks
Cons
pay for all benefits, poor 401K matching
Fun Place to work at.
Environmental/ Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Support senior leadership, creating plans using AutoCAD and Excel while authoring daily environmental and contractor dredging
activity reports. Aid project management scope, collecting soil samples, performing sieve analysis, monitoring water and air quality,
reviewing submissions and change orders, and delivering cost estimating analysis. Increase process improvement initiatives,
troubleshooting problems for corrective action to boost functionality and work flow.
Fast Paced National Environmental Services Positioning
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 10, 2014
Typical work routines are fast paced, regular multi-tasking, complex problem solving and incorporates staff management skills successfully carried out to provide multiple profitable project gains to my credit.
Pros
Fast paced environmental leading to many avenues to shine.
Cons
Lack of longer temporary placement
Good out of college, move on when you get the experience.
Environmental Scientist - Assistant PM (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 15, 2013
Project management and business development was very poor. Was thrown onto any project just to be billable regardless of experience or background. Safety culture was about the only positive. The office was managed by other offices, talent and skill was laid off while the brown-nosers who brought no work or skill to the table were kept on. Compensation was pretty bad, benefits were ok if you don't have dependents.
Pros
Safety culture
Cons
Everything else
Educational and great experience
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 30, 2013
Great company to intern with, I learned a lot about the industry
Good company to work for. Team environment with core values being integrity, quality work product, and client service.
Environmental Scientist III (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2013
Often work longer hours but have had a positive expierence. Quality staff and senior managers who are gracious to work with and ready to guide in a professional capacity.
Pros
team environment. small consulting company with good pay.
Cons
401k match could be more. work expectations (workday hours).
Allot of promises no fallow thru
Lacky (Former Employee) –  Tigard oregonOctober 23, 2012
They make allot of promises and little fallow thru. Some of the upper management is hard to work with and treat employees with mallace and contempt.
Pros
little
Cons
too many to list
Former Employee
Foreman (Former Employee) –  South Windsor CTJuly 31, 2012
If your looking for a company that will promise you everything and deliver nothing, this is the company for you. Extremely high turn over rate, ridiculous hours and travel from deleware to maine. Never a thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty. Ask for a raise you will be offered 12 cents thats right 12 cents after a year of dedicated service. Management knows nothing about construction except what you will end up teaching them. But dont question them because they have a associates degree in general studies.
Pros
bagel friday
Cons
not enough room to list them.
Safety First
Environmental Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2012
Avery positive safety program that is effective everyday.
Pros
individual safety topics everyday, safety lunch once a month.
Cons
the pay could be higher.better personal relationship between management and staff.
Family oriented work place run by progressive management
Snr Accounting Specialist A/P (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MdMarch 12, 2012
Great company growing steadily managed by stategic thinkers with a great vision for the future, Providing quality services to clients with mimimized costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Companies, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.