Apex CoVantage Employee Reviews

Productive & great opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 8, 2017
Great company to get experience in a new industry, culture is good and management is great. A lot of traveling required which can be tough on family life, overall great company to work for.
Better than it seems
Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2017
I work in Memphis. They said 15$ a hour but ended up commission. I work with gas meters which is 11.98 per meter. I do 15/20 easy per day. Guys faster than me do 25/30. No one where I work is mad. We're the only city in the u.s do change full gas meters so I don't know about the rest of the country as far as water and electric. The money is there for all of them, it's based on your work ethic. If your a lazy person expect a lazy check. No one in my warehouse makes less than 40,000. Which if you do the math is actually around 21$ a hour.
Pros
No micro management, you don't make the same as the lazy guys, no marks for days off meaning you can take a whole week off as long as you let someone know
Cons
Hot as hellllll
Not what it claim to be
Gas Meter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2017
They was not upfront about the pay, it's based on meters you installed, also they pay minimum wage for the first 2 weeks, not a place to advance your career. The meters you would have to install a day just to make a living is at least 15, which is roughly $100 a day.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Pay is a lie, and the company doesn't offer benefits until after a year
Terrible Terrible Terrible place to work
Water Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2016
The job posting is very misleading. The ad says 15 per hour to install water meters. In actuality you get paid $6.83 per water meter you install. Training is paid minimum wage. I have worked for this company 3 weeks and have not received a pay check. Do not work for this company. It is a misleading unorganized hassle.
Pros
You work on your own.
Cons
No pay check, wages were misleading, company totally unorganized
Good for a person with no kids
Water Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2016
They started the interview with great hopes but soon turned out everything was a lie. They said we would make $15 an hour but it ended up being $6.83 per water meter. Training pay was minimum wage. I've never made minimum wage before so that was discouraging! They wanted everyone to get 25 meters a day but sometimes that was impossible! Too make $100 you had to get 15 meters. It wasn't guaranteed to get that many
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder you worked freely
Cons
Was not worth the money. Not a sufficient way of making money
long hours and many issues
Water/Electric meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 17, 2016
This was job my friend told me about and when I talked to them on the phone they said they pay was 16.00 an hr but when I started to work it was completely different and not I a good way.
Run away!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 17, 2015
Worst company I've ever worked for! This is a mom & pop operation, but this family is filled with dysfunction. The focus of the company has changed many times over the years as technology (& their focus) became outmoded. With each change of direction and search for revenue comes another level of inexperience & lack of understanding by management; no one ever seems to know what is going on. They'll jump at any new field if they think they can make a buck out of it, no matter how unprepared they are. And being family owned, you may be drawn into family feuds.

Turnover is extremely high, so much so that the few long time employees don't bother to learn new employees' names until they've been there 6 months. Few new employees reach that point. Why? Many people are hired into jobs for which they are not qualified, or which end up being different from what they expected (hired as a Project Designer and told you'd be a Project Manager instead). There is no training, no onboarding, no guidance at all. Bottom line--not quality--is all that matters, so expect to be told to lie to your clients & be treated as a pariah if you try to insist on accuracy/quality.

Women are treated worse than men. In a common situation, a male interviewer told a female candidate, "If you have ideas, you can tell them to us and we'll tell you why you are wrong." Most of the time, men are brought in at substantially higher salaries than their female counterparts. There was a huge racial disparity, with only 1 African American on staff for several years.

The owners micromanage and treat employees
  more... as either invisible or as naughty children to be punished. Management fosters an atmosphere of fear and unhealthy competition. There is no sense of job security, as people are fired regularly, especially if they are due any sort of bonus. Lying & backstabbing is a huge part of this company, and you will feel your soul being sucked away if you stay too long.  less
Pros
good coffee
Cons
everything
Pretty Good Job
Meter replacer (Current Employee) –  Bow, NHMarch 17, 2015
Before we start working we get trained in the classroom about safety, and in the field by a supervisor on how to change the meters. A typical day would be getting counted in at the warehouse,getting a daily route sheet, stocking the company vehicle with the amount of meters we need. After that we have a meeting with everybody and talk about issues or what we're doing right, then we leave the warehouse for our route which we do by ourselves, then we come back at the end of the day to get counted again. I learned how to change electric meters, what the risks are, and how to use the handheld device while we change them. We don't really converse with our co workers except for in the morning before we leave and after we get back.The hardest part of the job sometimes is finding the houses or meters if its a pole or pedestal, sometimes the covers are tough to get back on and latch up also. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom we have because we're by ourselves all day. What I don't like about it is that we don't get paid by the hour, we get paid by the meter. I started at $2.14 per meter and since its tougher during the winter they raised it to $3. That also makes it so we don't get any paid sick days or vacations because the money we make varies by the day. We also don't get many benefits, if any at all.
Poor place to work where no one cares about you.
Meter Installation Technician, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Canton, NHDecember 2, 2014
Poor place to work. Management doesn't care about workers and continuously finds ingenious ways to pay it's workers minimum wage or less while working with live electricity.
Pros
Work at your own pace, be your own boss. Not forced to work beside of anyone else.
Cons
Pay is terrible. Dangerous work for no benefits.
just a day to day routine, in and out.
Experienced Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 20, 2014
A typical day at work is early start time. all day in the field with hardly any supervision, and you work at your pace. Management is overworked. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is the customers! The most enjoyable part of the job is quit time!
Great Place
Technician (Current Employee) –  North Clarendon, VTApril 29, 2014
Meeting lots of amazing people, great money, lotsof new places to visit.
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 20, 2012
Good place to work, pay can be very good if you change alot of meters, I made up to $200 per day doing this.
Understanding Problems
Process Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 4, 2011
This company is a great place to get started, unfortunately, the manager working with the Drafting team does not follow his word, leaves way to many things floating, making the days go bad, people get frustrated very fast and if they tell you that you would be promoted, DONT COUNT ON IT, specially if they tell you that you would be paid more