Apex Merchant Group

Apex Merchant Group Employee Reviews

work
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2014
job pays good but its a telemarketer job you have to keep numbers up but if you don't have no good leads there is no job security in that.
APEX was a productive and exciting environment that offered constant competition and contests to keep the floor lively and motivated!
Sales Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: contests, great spiffs and bonuses, trips and a family environment
Cons: can tend to be a stressful position at times.
Responsible for managing a nationwide outside sales force ranging from 15-25 100% commission sales reps.

Also responsible for managing the 8-12 inside Team Leaders who managed their own outside sales teams ranging from 15-25 sales reps.

Would train, motivate, mentor and assist both inside and outside sales force concerning product knowledge, sales cycle, sales techniques and closing of sales.

Fielded up to 100 inbound phone calls per day from both outside sales reps, seeking assistance while at appointments, and existing customers calling in for various reasons: billing concerns, technical issues, cancellations (retention calls) as well as general questions.

I learned to wear many hats at once while working at APEX and how to prioritize my 'To Do Lists' as well as how to effectively delegate responsibilities to others no only to ensure that all tasks were completed but to also give employees a sense of accomplishment and individual growth.

I loved working with my co-workers at APEX. It also felt like a family environment and most everyone was always more than happy to lend a helping hand to one another.

The management at APEX where a blast to work with. There was never a dole moment and the floor was constantly vibrant. The upper management would go out of their way to find ways to motivate and incentivize the entire sales force.

The hardest part of my position at APEX was juggling the many responsibilities and wearing the many hats.

The most enjoyable part of my job at APEX was the constant challenge and the people.
not the best job
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no stability
recruiting people to sale cc machines not the best position.
Flexible schedule, Commission based pay
Independent contractor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 3, 2014
Typical day would start about 7:30 on the road; meeting with local business owners trying to sell the service.
I learned how to build relationships with total stranger based on body language, and responses alone.
Management helped in securing deals after the initial rapport was built.
The hardest part of the job was my location, being in a smaller area it was harder to find business owners interested in changing.
The most enjoyable part was meeting with people who owned business and the challenge of trying to sell a service to them.
Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), Plano,TXDecember 30, 2013
Spent a lot of time cold calling and knocking on doors to make sales. I learned valuable skills and how to network.
not a good job
sales (Former Employee), OhioNovember 4, 2013
Cons: they lie and harrss you!!
Everything is not true! Don't get a job here!! Their pitch to get you on board sounds great but once your in they lie and harass you!! When I told them I just couldn't continue they phoned, texted and emailed with threats! Indeed needs to not allow them offer jobs on here!!
BEWARE!! Don't work here!!
I got to continue to be professional and meet great people
District Sales Advisor (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: if u make the sale commission could be great
Cons: if u dont you will not make any money not even hourly
call in at 9am to find out what leads we have
continue to keep schedule with previous potental clients
drive30 to 40 miles to make the sale then call back to see who is next and so on then call tem leader to close sale.The hardest part of the job os that I found that many of these people didnt call for service and I began to spend more in gas than I was making.The most enjoyable was meeting more professionalsand seeing how this business operates.
Terrible company
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Daytona BeachDecember 27, 2012
Pros: free flexible day
Cons: everything!!
terrible leads.
company lies to employees
cold calling face to face
Apex Merchant Group
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 16, 2012
Cons: you will starve
I worked for Apex Merchant Group for over three weeks and my experience is exactly the same as all the other posts on the internet...Pre-set appointments are a joke...nearly every one plainly told Apex NOT TO SEND SOMEONE BY!!! I did manage to make a few sales and was given drawn out excuses of why I hadn't received my commision...you don't have a sales ID yet, let me contact payroll, we had to make concessions to get the sale, etc. I never received a dime in compensation for working over three weeks and I spent hundreds of dollars and wasted time in tracking down bogus "pre-set" appointments.

Finally, I quit and sent an email to all of my contacts referring them to information posted all over the internet about this company...within minutes I got a call from CEO of Apex merchant Group threatening to sue me for slander and calling me an idiot!! If that wasn't enough, I get the following email from CEO "I just want everyone to know that Jay has tested positive for drugs, be very careful of Jay he is a loose cannon He is late on his house payment and car payment. He still owes us $780 !! Be very careful" #1 I don't use drugs #2 I don't own a home #3 I own my 1994 camry (no payments) #4 how could I possibly owe them money??? It cost me over $300 to work for them just in gas alone!!!

I'm in disbelief...this guy is a CEO???????? I look forward to the day this guy tries to sue me for working for his company and I can go before a Judge and tell this story...
Bad Choice
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Carrollton, TxNovember 1, 2012
The company is a credit card processing company and is dependant on how much you can bully a business into something they do not want. You are not required to tell the potential customer the truth or reveal all the details which will cost them more money than they are currently paying.
Quiet workplace
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 20, 2012
Pros: christmas games won $80.00 for drawing my number.
Cons: short breaks no nice benifits.
outbound call into B2B promoting merchant service. Co worker friendly no cliclk . no hard parts making money was the best.