Apex Systems

Apex Systems Employer Reviews

Great team of support folks and recruiters
Systems / Unix Engineer (Current Employee), Richmond, VA - TelecommuteJanuary 26, 2015
The contractor support team at Apex is terrific.
They help prep and get candidates in front of hiring managers.
Apex does not micro-manage, but does check in from time to time to ensure you're happy with your assignment and there are no problems.
As a contract company not very good with contractors
DeskTop Coordinator (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: absolutely no pros
Cons: no pto, vacation, or paid holidays, if you don't work you don't get paid.
I love my Job at Wells Fargo but I do not think the Agency that put me here in a contract position is concerned about my job accalades or accomplishments. They do not offer any benefits except for what we pay for, the pay does not match what the position entails that they have put you in and Another agency was paying $2 an hour more than APEX was, when questioned they said it was not their decision of how much we get paid. Which I know is not true.
Great job with a great company
Hardware Repair Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: made my own schedule, worked on my own most of the time so i was only accountable to the clients.
Cons: lots of driving gave me a blood clot, this is what put me in the hospital and took me out of this job.
On a typical day I would call clients to schedule service for the day. I would pick up parts that would be needed for the day at UPS. I would then drive to the various clients homes or businesses and troubleshoot their desktop and laptop computers to find out what was wrong with them and then replace components and put them back together thus fixing the problem.

I learned great customer service skills, company relations and more about computers and fixing them.

My boss was a great boss and my co-workers were helpful. Sometimes because of time constraints or driving distance my co-workers would trade jobs with me so that we could both have easier days.

The hardest part of the job was the learning curve, but once I had been in it awhile I had it pretty down pat. I still do not like all-in-one computers. I would much prefer a laptop or a desktop to work on.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and the feeling of a job well done.
Fun place to work; potential to learn more
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: easy schedule
Cons: short term
* Typical day at work
1. Typical day - report to manager, get outline of day's schedule
2. Help determine best game plan for the day depending on issues
3. Asset inventory
4. Go to work area and begin implementation of day's plan
5. Make adjustments to make day's goals
6. Turn in daily asset notes for update in the database

*What I Learned
1. Mostly (as I already new) different issues with each desk but allowed to follow through with solving issues; final step was to roll to Level II if unable to resolve
2. Quite rewardingly challenging as each desk presented different issues from technical to personality of the desk holder

"Management
1. Local management was awesome even allowing the interaction of the team to help in resolving issues

*The hardest part of the job
1. Use of temps made each day a challenge in that technician training was constant

*The most enjoyable part of the job
1. Freedom to help with issue resolution
2. Fun management team
3. Most all I came into contact with were friendly, helpful, attentive
Provider Data Analyst I (contract position) (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: very nice recruiter
Cons: no vacation/holiday pay
I worked through the agency for fourteen months for a contract position. If I needed help someone would quickly get back me.
Satisfactory
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. Management was very forth coming.
terrible experience/hostile environment
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaDecember 16, 2014
Hostile work environment. Management experience/skills are lacking to say the least. Collusion between management and employees to ensure bonuses are earned. Expected to work 50-60 hours a week, but only paid for 40. Micro managed down to specific number of phone calls made daily. Every job has metrics that need to be met of course, but the end goal is more important.
I already did this
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2014
I already did this review. I am not going to submit this review again.
disorganized
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Former Employee), AtlantaNovember 26, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not enough hours
Hires more technicians than work. Only work 2~3 days a week and less that 25 hrs. Don't expect anything more. You never know if your working the next day or not. Very frustrating. I do enjoy that type of work though.
Best Job I Ever Had!
Data Communication Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, great management, fun working environment
Cons: seasonal work
At first I was skeptical about applying to Apex because I saw their ad on Craigslist, but it turned out to be the best job I ever had. They are a staffing company based off of Virginia. Their recruiters are polite and actually care and want you to get a good job. They will respond to all your emails and phone calls too. The hiring process was done online (email/skype).

They got a job at Geek Squad installing TV's and speakers. The pay is really good for my area ($12/hr). The BEST part is that they guarantee you 32 hrs every week even if you only worked 25 (sick days and tardies don't count). I get paid every week and I'm loving it!!!

GIVE THEM A TRY!
Great contracting company
Student Technology Support Tier 1 (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 21, 2014
Got me my first IT job out of undergrad. Contract time was perfect.
Apex contractor @ BMC
Citrix Server Engineer (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 24, 2014
Boston Medical Center was a great company to work for. Apex systems failed to properly contact me when my contract ended.
unorganized
Training Consultant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 23, 2014
Lack of communication and unorganized company. Difficult to get questions answered and reach people for support.
Apex Systems is a recruiting company
Consultant to SunTrust Bank as IT Asset Management (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Consultant work was interesting. I very different type of culture that I would have liked.
Nice entry level job
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), NationwideOctober 20, 2014
Worked as a deployment technician for a contract position. The work load was entry level, pay and reimbursements decent but took a while to receive reimbursements. Leadership often concerned with small things, hard to get a hold of. 100% travel so you are always somewhere different, get to see lots of things.
A great contracting company to work for
Storage Administrator (contractor for IBM) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: they treat you as an all around high quality individual
I really enjoyed working with the personnel at this company. They were always very helpful and friendly. My recruiter was very courteous, outgoing, and loved helping others. I would highly recommend working with them as a contractor or staff member to everyone. They represent excellence!
Fast paced independent environment.
Xbox Policy and Enforcement Senior Investigator (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: healthcare, benefits, pay
A typical day at work consisted of completing daily tasks, conducting investigations, and detecting fraud.

This job taught me how to detect fraud, work with other teams both internally and externally. It also has taught me that hard work will be rewarded.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to get adequate information from other teams in order to do my job as efficiently as I can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new everyday and working with others to improve processes.
Great staffing firm
IT System Analyst (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2014
Great staffing firm.. They follow up often to make sure you are happy and doing well.
Apex
IT Field Service Technician (Former Employee), richmond, vaOctober 13, 2014
Apex systems found me a job quickly but management and hr do not care about you.
APEX is a good place for a Contractor
Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
Decent benefits, good relationships with their clients.

401k with partial matching after 1 year.

I love working for APEX, but like any other staffing firm you are at the mercy of the local market and what relationships the staffing company has with local companies when your contract is up.

My six month gig with APEX lasted 38 months, no complaints!

1 2 3 4 5

About Apex Systems

Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, – Read more