Apex Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely poor HR practices and recruiter fundamentals
Develooer (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 29, 2016
My recruiter lied and gave me three different start dates to keep me from taking another opportunity which I should have. She continually promised to call me with updates but never did. I was forced to call her manager to get updates, etc. Poor experience and I will never work with them again.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Poor recruitment talent and onboarding processes
Current employer
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHApril 11, 2016
Since this is my current employer and thus so far is a really good one I do not have anything but respect and like working for them a great deal.
Great Job
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 5, 2016
Love the benefits at Apex. Work environment can be stressful at times as there are many personalities to work with. I have learned and am still learning many new things at Apex. The hardest part of work at Apex are the deadlines and having short staff.
Pros
Benefits, paid off birthdays, and team buildings paid.
Cons
Your being watched and not much room to move up.
Excellent
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 21, 2016
This was a great company that provided experience necessary for opportunities with other companies. The position was very simple and enjoyable.
Apex Inc.
Mobile Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2016
No issues working for this company with the exception of the contract termination date. This was not communicated in an effective/timely manner.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Communication
Ok
Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2016
Almost no coordination between project manager and the agency so no one knows whats going on till the last minute. But my recruiter was very nice and responded quickly to everything i asked about.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Confusing schedule
Communication is good
Tier II Full Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
The recruiters were very nice and they were good about coming to meet you at the work site if they're any issues. The were very secretive about payment though, There was another agency at the same site and their employees were paid more for the same job. It took them weeks to fix that issue.
Expected better from them
IT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
I declined permanent opportunity with client due to personality conflict with staff member also previous APEX employee. Employee was rude and nasty to me so I felt it was best not to accept the permanent position. APEX decided to discontinue working with me or placing me with new clients. I did not leave the client under bad terms so I would have expected better from them. Never again with this company nor would I recommend them to others in my field.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Client perception was more important than seeking a solution
Great
Help Desk Tier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2016
was a great company to work for they was able to get back to me fast the one bad thing is when I left they would not give me all of my personal thing back.
Only one
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I worked as a contractor for one position. Had little contact with Apex. I did not have a clear defined job description. I wish I would have had better direction on the needs of the client. I did work with the client to define the direction and the project did have a great outcome.
Pros
I liked the company that I was contracted to.
Cons
Little advice from management.
Productive work envirnment with potential to grow.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 1, 2016
I appreciate how this company is ran by immediate management to working along my co-workers. Plenty of opportunity to grow within this company.
Great company to work for
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 19, 2015
I barely worked with anyone from Apex because I was contracted to HP. But it was great working for them.

In a typical week I would hear from my manager once, and he would tell me what HP thought of me and my work. The hardest part was that I couldn't move up much at the time that I worked there.
Pros
Decent pay, very nice and understanding
Cons
almost no benefits, and not a lot of room for growth
Had great learning experiences
Temporary Services/ IT User Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 13, 2015
Best Temp Serv I have ever worked for. Have high recommendations. Very supportive of their hired temps. I have referred three people to work for Apex.
Pros
all
Young Energetic Company!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 8, 2015
Great place to work coming out of college - surrounded by people you age, fast paced and fun environment.
Secure position with lots of room for advancement
Work always comes home with you though and can quickly become highly stressful
Pros
Free Lunches, Quarterly Bonuses, Full Benefits
Cons
Work comes home with you and easily a high stress environment
Hardware Refresh for Midwest Generation Y2k Event
Systems Support Technician - Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Midwest Generation Hardware Swap Y2kDecember 8, 2015
Swapped out Workstations and modified settings upon setup.

Led to position for MidWest Generation.

I supported Collins Power Plant in Morris IL
Early hours.
Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 1, 2015
Easy but repetitious work. Need to up date computer system. Sometime getting on base can take forever. Most people were team players.
Pros
Free parkinf
Cons
Old leaky building
A fairly typical consulting company
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2015
Not a bad company to work for although, as usual, the benefits were not great - such slightly better than average for consulting companies.
Excellent Professionalism, Friendly and Persistent
Systems Analyst/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Apex is my favorite in the industry! Everyone you speak with is courteous, friendly, and willing to help.They care about their contractors and back it up with a contractor resource department that calls periodically to see if they need anything or have questions. Of course, there are a lot of resources online that are useful for workday life.
Cons
Contract work is unpredictable
Good place to work, excellent management
WENDY'S IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 1, 2015
Friendly co-workers, excellent communication between employees and management, and a low stress work environment. Your recruiter will be on hand to answer any questions concerning monetary negotiations or problems encountered in the workplace. Managers in the building always encourage gaining knowledge by asking questions and they are completely committed to resolving any issues that may arise. Co-workers and managers alike are extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
Communication, accessability, excellent leadership
Cons
No benefits
Awesome Staff - Very Professional and Supportive
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 30, 2015
Appreciated the work/life balance, encouraged personal and professional growth, emphasized on networking with senior level directors and executives.