Apex Systems

Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Good Stepping Stone
Desktop Support Technician. (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, able to gain much needed IT experience.
Cons: Poor benefits, Pay on the lower side.
Apex Systems provides a very good position to act as a stepping stone in the IT field. The hours and pay vary depending on contract. Most pay is under the national average for the position but is a fair wage as many people are entry level to intermediate level techs. The benefits, however, are atrocious and require a very high weekly pay reduction for healthcare.
Very difficult to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee), HomeJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: Undependable job length
The recruiters were very undependable in their communication. Promising to call, and never would return calls or emails after multiple requests. Promised 2 year contract which ended after one year.
Professional and easy going personality.
TELECOMMUNICATION FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2015
I am very dependable, team player and people oriented. I have 10 plus years of experience and expertise in servicing computer and telecommunication field service, organize, reliable, works well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Flexibility
Contractor- Verizon Enterprise Solutions (Current Employee), Cary, NCJuly 17, 2015
While this company provides flexibility in terms of your work schedule there is no paid time off and for me that is the only down fall.
Good
Account Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Base pay.
It's a good company to work for, good benefits, hoildays, all that good stuff. But the base pay is awful.

I would recommend it for fresh college grads.
Desktop Support
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Pros: When I could get 8 hours daily it good for the pay and they do have direct deposit
Cons: They lied about the job from day 1
I was hired to start ASAP, for a 6 months contract to hire. I thought I was hired for Desktop Support, but it was more of a labor job, to clean and move boxes that I could hardly pick up. After a two weeks of that, I started doing the job I was hired for, but after 3 months, they said the job ended. They lied about the contract to hire, and the 6 months. I would not recommend Apex
They work hard to get you employed.
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Helpful with job opportunities
Cons: Not always easy to get in touch with.
They are the contractor that actually got me a few of my previous positions, they do a good job and I would recommend their services to anyone.
Apex could care less for it's employees.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), TexasJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Mileage Reimbursement
Cons: Untrustworthy, unreliable, and unprofessional staff.
Started at a project here in Texas for Apex a few months ago and contrary to the other "reviews", this is not a good employer to work for and if you have other options take them.

At my location there are a couple of other guys from Apex and my position in particular is a revolving door due to the demands in contrast to the compensation. This is due to the fact that the recruiters and the parent company deliberately mislead you into believing that the opportunity is temp-hire and when you find out it is not and try to renegotiate salary they are rigid and unprofessional.

I have not met a fellow contractor for Apex who has good things to say, it is pretty consistent that they mislead you in the hiring process to do one job then when you're on board the actual position is grossly different. Furthermore, the contract managers are inflexible and the and support staff are even unfriendly, in desperate need of some customer service training.

In closing, avoid this contractor if at all possible, they are deceptive and they will say anything to get you into a position for as little pay as possible and once you sign on, there is nothing you can do about it for a year.
Desktop Support Professional
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Customer Service is priority dealing with live troubleshooting for computers and laptops warranted customers. I personally gained a sense of owning the issue and resolving the issue along with my skills and common courtesy techniques to resolve computer problems.
Cheap
Analyst (Former Employee), USAJune 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Un-affordable Health Insurance Coverage, low pay.
Apex Systems wants to hire you as cheap as possible. One of the first questions asked before a real interview takes place is, "What is the rate you are looking for?".

How about asking the person their skill set first, and provide the potential candidate a hourly range the customer is willing to pay for services as a contractor?

The company provides no severance and employment can immediately come to an end. Company's have no problem handing a golden parachute to upper management, but the worker bee is on his own when it comes to severance. Apex writes in the contract to give them a two week notice if you choose to leave, but that does not happen in return.
Easy to work with.
Help Desk Technician @ Alaska Airlines (Current Employee), SeaTac, WAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits
Cons: Mostly hands off after contract start.
Overall experience with this company has been average. They offer above average heath benefits, but i was not offered any other benefits. They are fairly easy to work with.
Just a temp service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 16, 2015
Pros: Got me the job at Dell
Cons: none
Apex placed me at Dell really after that had no interaction with the workers. They made it easy to apply where very egar to place you to work.
repetitive with no opportunity for advancement
Home theater system installer (Former Employee), Jobsites all over South Florida.June 11, 2015
Pros: Different locations/ new people daily.
Cons: Not challenging.
Worked as subcontractor from Apex for Best Buy/Geek squad, doing home theater installations.Interesting work with emphasis on customer satisfaction.Management was stringent but distant, self starter environment, minimal contact with company employeees beyond mechanic I worked with on daily basis.Co-worker was ethical and company oriented, job was not hard, except when installations/ day dragged on past 12 hours, enjoyed learning about new technologies.Was a contract job /fixed length employment for holiday season.Installation of home theater systems, TV, audio&video equipment,speaker systemes in ceilings and walls and throughout the home in any and all locations, alarm systems, surveilance systems.Change of pace job for holiday season.
Got the job for explicit purpose of exploring a new field of work.
Fulfilled that purpose.No opportunity for extended employment or advancement.
Great place to work with hopes of getting a full time positions
Cloud Desk Consultant (Current Employee), Horsham, PAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Happy Hours
Cons: insurance is less then stellar
its a headhunter so you will be looking at contracts but most of them are to perm or at least from what I have seen.

My day does include a long commute but I knew that when Signing up
Management is great and my Account manger is the man
I enjoy the job and the people I work with and don't have any real complaints
fun company to work at
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMay 30, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: demanding output
fast paced environment and great company to work for, only left to pursue life long dream. would go back today if i could
great experience in a growing field
My experience with Apex Systems
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin Lakes, NJMay 25, 2015
I am very satisfied with my relationship with Apex systems, It is a truly professional and dedicated group of guys and I have the pleasure of working for a Fortune 500 client who is very accommodating to me and my team.IT has been and continues to be a great experience to be associated with this company.
A place to grow and match job oppertunity
Data Center Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Job was too short
Great employers willing to take their time and show you the work flow of the business and share their knowledge and experience in a friendly atmosphere and pace.
Learning Experience
Consultant, IT/Finance Fixed Assets Administrator (Current Employee), MOMay 19, 2015
Working with a great group at Client Site. Learning more about SAP and Finance. I am glad to be a part of a stable organization that is continuing to grow.
Recruiter and manager check up to make sure things are going smooth
Ambulatory Support Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee), Charlottesville,vaMay 15, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Apex Systems. My recruiter has been very helpful and attentive to my needs while onsite.

The HR dept has been very helpful when I first came aboard. I needed assistance with my expenses and time entry. Everyone was very helpful during this time.
Productive team like environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Car allowance, days out of the office on client sites, team building
Cons: Not my field- looking to get back into communications, PR.
-Requirements meeting in the morning at 8 am
-Learned the basics of IT/sales/ and account management
-Management was great, hands on, and willing to "shadow train" on any given day
-Co-workers were a great, team-like environment. Everyone got along pretty well
-Hardest part of the job was learning three new fields - IT/Sales/Account management, and learning the field of IT with no experience
-The freedom to be on your own with no micromanagement. This taught me how to be much more independent and organized when it came to my business
Headquarters