Apex Systems

Apex Systems Employer Reviews

A great contracting company to work for
Storage Administrator (contractor for IBM) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, NCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: they treat you as an all around high quality individual
I really enjoyed working with the personnel at this company. They were always very helpful and friendly. My recruiter was very courteous, outgoing, and loved helping others. I would highly recommend working with them as a contractor or staff member to everyone. They represent excellence!
Fast paced independent environment.
Xbox Policy and Enforcement Senior Investigator (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: healthcare, benefits, pay
A typical day at work consisted of completing daily tasks, conducting investigations, and detecting fraud.

This job taught me how to detect fraud, work with other teams both internally and externally. It also has taught me that hard work will be rewarded.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to get adequate information from other teams in – more... order to do my job as efficiently as I can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something new everyday and working with others to improve processes. – less
Great staffing firm
IT System Analyst (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2014
Great staffing firm.. They follow up often to make sure you are happy and doing well.
Apex
IT Field Service Technician (Former Employee), richmond, vaOctober 13, 2014
Apex systems found me a job quickly but management and hr do not care about you.
APEX is a good place for a Contractor
Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
Decent benefits, good relationships with their clients.

401k with partial matching after 1 year.

I love working for APEX, but like any other staffing firm you are at the mercy of the local market and what relationships the staffing company has with local companies when your contract is up.

My six month gig with APEX lasted 38 months, no complaints!
Apex is a great place to work.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: quarterly team buidling
Cons: pay is not that great
I have been with Apex Systems for over 9 yrs. The work atmosphere and the people has been a joy to work with. A lot of rewards to working here, plus the benefits to the employees is very exceptional.
Fast moving work place
IT support for Boeing and NASA (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2014
If you are not ready to get to work on time and not stop working until your very last minute that this is not the place for you. I, however, really enjoy this type of work environment. The people you work with are always there to help.
Nice company to work for Personnel was very professional.
Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: very helpful in getting correct job for each individulal.
Cons: temp agency
Apex, made my job very easy in getting me the necessary salary needed for my work experience and qualification. It was truly great having a company to stand behind their employees. I will continue to use Apex to help me locate a job for my Talents.
Questionable Recruiting Tactics
Automation Developer (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: they are in business for themselves with no regard for the contractor.
I did work for Apex on a short-term assignment back two years ago. I was not impressed with the on-boarding process nor the support given me during that assignment. Since then I have been contacted by them about one position or another a half dozen times. I can say that the last three the recruiter never even sent me out a job description, asked for – more... my social security number, two professional references, and dug for information on my past assignments - not with them - such as, manager names and groups worked in.

The company is no more then a predatory machine that feeds off of people to get what they want with no regard for the people they get it from.

Note, for sure don't do business with Kadin. – less
Field Technician I (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2014
Will receive ticket and trouble shoot them when a site has serious issues.
Staff Aug - Good Pay
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: expensive, poor benefits, no retirement match
Apex was typical staff augmentation company. Quick interview and hiring process.

Benefits were so expensive and poor I went with private healthcare. No 401k Match, but they do offer a plan.

Not a bad company to work for if you're comfortable being on your own at client site.
Doesnt Know there Clients very well
Configuration Technician/PC Bench Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2014
Pros: no instructions on how to enter your time on website
Cons: pay under standards, paid every week, no benefits, no 401k, temps work harder then fulltime employees
The recruiter told me that i must commit at least a month worth of my time before proceeding. Ok. Going back to their client for the 6th time with a different recruiter. i figured that why not since i did do a fairly good job and in the past it was all contract anyway. And maybe it would it lead into something more. Well i was wrong. At the third week, – more... there client told me that we dont need you back til tuesday of next week, Now the recruiter said to me, we will have you back by tuesday of next week well, 5 months later they called me back. Guess what my answer was? – less
Great employees
Technical Account Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
Excellent company to work for
Would recommend it to anyone
Great management team
Not bad as a subcontractor
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: a good starting point for an it career
Cons: it depends on the contract that you support
I supported the NMCI contract as a subcontractor for a year. Was paid $12 as Tier 1 for help desk in a call center. There were many other subcontractor from different staffing companies and I feel as though by and large most were similar. The work itself was fine, the people I worked with were nice, but the hours and money were not great. The shifts – more... started between 6-7AM, and the overall contractor that we were working under was HP.

Overall, I received a lot of support from Apex, but working under HP was very problematic. From the policies, to our supervisors, to the shift work, it was virtually all stick and no carrot. – less
Fine place to work
Senior Software QA Analyst (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 20, 2014
I wish I had more comunnication between me and my recruiter. The job does not seem very secure.
Nice recruiters
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2014
The recruiters are very nice and are very persistent finding work for you but once your contract ends they kind of forget about you.
I am a contractor through APEX Systems on-site at the client site
Senior Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great customer service
Cons: benefits are not that great for contractors
Apex is very customer focused and goes above and beyond to take care of their contractors.
Pay is comporable
GIS Data Editor for BNSF Railway, Contractor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2014
As a contracting company, health insurance through them is VERY high.
Pretty cool job
Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free hotel, car rental, food
Cons: slow reimbursement, no work for weeks.
The position is cool. Your travel, food, hotel and car rentals are all taken care of. But they lack on reimbursing your funds and the contracts are at a all time low. Sometimes you can go weeks without work.
Fun, Exciting Place to Work
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
This is a very fast paced work environment with assignments changing regularly. The only complaint is that the base salary is a tad low.

1 2 3 4 5

About Apex Systems

Apex Systems is an IT staffing and services firm. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, – Read more