Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Amazing place to build a career.
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time with APEX, however they only had a temp position that carried me through. My contract was extended and I was able to continue employment with them throughout the project, however no positions were available after the consulting position
Pros
Travel, wonderful group of people to work with, excellent communication
Cons
Not enough projects for reliable employment
It's a job
LAN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2017
Management is awful. Would not recommend Apex to a friend looking for a job or career. High turnover rate. I took the traveling contracting job working with installing software on computers on Naval bases.
Work Culture
Account Manager (ST) (Former Employee) –  100 Wall Street New York, NY 10005April 22, 2017
My experience at Apex Systems was great. Apex's sales trainee program does a great job training new hires to succeed in the B2B world. You will gather great insight in the Information Technology field and knowledge of all the different industry markets. It is a work hard, play hard work culture, everyone is willing to help and have fun after hours.
Was a fun job.
Computer Hardware Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2017
A typical day would start by getting parts and calling clients to find when to come fix their machines. Then drive out to each one and do manufacture warranty repairs on the machines with parts in hand for them. Do the next one and then after each one was done there was some online paperwork to do such as time sheets and call logs.
Pros
Much flexibility of schedule
Cons
You have to call tech support if you can't fix it yourself. You are solo.
Interesting
Contract Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 17, 2017
Interesting place to work as a contract consultant. This was a role that was facilitated through the company and contracted out to other companies. Unfortunately, the pay is low but overtime is offered frequently. Clients can cause issues on the contract based solely on their choices, not based on performance.
Fun place
Sr Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
Interview process was quick and effective. They want people who can interact with others. First was a phone interview and then a face to face interview with the manager of your desired location. It was basic and thorough.
Apex
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYApril 10, 2017
Its a contracting company, so they pay, but they arent your bosses... They are ok to work with and have been pretty fair when it comes to most things.
Pros
prompt response to most issues
Cons
not overly concerned on advancing you
Great job to start your career!
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 7, 2017
Great job to start your career! Apex gave me a solid foundation and knowledge of HR processes. The culture is great, the employees are fun, and it makes the perfect job to start off in after graduating college.
Productive and fun place to work
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 6, 2017
Apex is a great and fun place to work. It is a great place for career development and also to collaborate with other peers in a fun and fulfilling way
Contract headhunter
Sr. Lab Engineer contractor at Dell EMC (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 6, 2017
There your typical contract company. Help me well with transition from north to south on the east coast. great staff in NC don't know about other locations.
Contractor
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2017
My recruiter started off as persistent and kind. After a few assignments he stopped taking my calls and following up with me about job leads. I had to call his Account Manager before he answered me. I was promised 12 to 18 months worth of work ended up with Less that 3. I will never use Apex again.
Pros
Great rate of pay. Get paid weekly.
Cons
Jobs inconsistent, seemed cut throat
Fantastic
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 3, 2017
Great! I loved the culture and atmosphere in the Greensboro location. I would recommend working here to anyone. It does take a bit to make money but in the end is worth it
Good agency. Does a good job in job placement
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 2, 2017
Apex does a good job in finding contract work for you. Most of the contract jobs are on the cheap but could last from 1 - 6 months. If you do a good job and give a good impression with your recruiter, APEX will bend over backwards to find you work.
Pros
Good job finding contract work
Cons
Salary is on the low end, specializes in contract not full-time work
Productive and organized place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2017
This is a great place to work. The people are always wanting to help and make sure that you enjoy your position with the company. They want you to achieve success and will help with that.
Pros
Friendly and nice
Cons
NA
Great Company
TIER 3 REMOTE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 30, 2017
When I got out of the Navy they helped me switch from being an electrician to IT. They got me into a job quick and after 6 months I was hired by that company. They have a great talent pool.
Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 27, 2017
The benefits were good, but the commuting distance was problematic for me personally. I would recommend this job to people who are located more on the East side of the valley.
Pros
Cheap Cafteria.
Cons
Rigid Training Structure
Great Temporary work.
Project Manager - Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2017
Apex supplies temporary employees to large to medium sized employers. Comcast, Direct TV, Dish Network. Great culture and management was a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Freedom to work when available
Cons
If seeking permanent employment, it will usually take 6 months to be hired.
Give it a try
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 23, 2017
Hard work, great place, great people, lots of fun!

Up-beat and interesting culture not like many corporate places.
The hardest part of the job is the job and by that I mean getting up and running and comfortable. After that its a matter of keeping a positive mindset.
Pros
Fun, social, lots of food
Cons
Managers have plates full, not the best training in the world
Overall good place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2017
Good opportunity to make money and advance within the organization. I was able to fine tune my professional skills when speaking to new people and how to sell and add value to their companies.
Not a great place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 22, 2017
If you are looking for sick days/vacation days, there's none offered. You will work in a frenzied environment, and do things that will drive you mad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.