Apex Systems Employee Reviews

Average Contracting Company
contractor at Northrop Grumman (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 15, 2017
Pretty responsive to issues or questions. Relaxed environment. Account manager has not taken time to have lunch with contractors on the program which is a bit disappointing.
not aware of changes with clientele
worker bee (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
workers should call the recruiter often because they do not call the employee. after working for them for an extensive amount of time the recruiter was not prepared to put me in a new position. The object is to stay employed.
Pros
very well paying jobs
Cons
no recruiter communication
family workplace
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Glenn Allen VASeptember 13, 2017
enjoyed working with the team to get the job done. the team is so good to have fun while doing working 40 hrs plus. can have to lift large boxes that come for supporting offices around the company
Pros
Some long hours
Cons
can be a fun company that work hard
Fast paced and overwhelming sales atmosphere
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2017
If you don't like sales, I wouldn't recommend being a recruiter. They are one in the same. Great for someone right out of college looking for one of your first positions, but wouldn't recommend beyond that.
Great entry level position
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 10, 2017
Great position for a recent grad looking to gain experience. Great culture and the ability to move up and get promoted within a timely manner. Also have the ability to work out of other offices.
Apex work
Dell Services Tier III End-User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2017
The company is great to work with. From the employees to management, everyone is helpful with the tasks at hand and people are very cooperative. I never had any issues with no one in the company.
Great company culture
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 7, 2017
Awesome company. Most of the postions are in recruiting which is cold calling so if that is not for you don't apply. You can move up very quick in this company. You can be an account manager in four years.
Pros
nice people, good management, can move up fast
Cons
cold calling, sales pressure
not the right place for me
Network Engineer (for XO/Verizon) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I thought that Apex was interested in taking care of it contractors. I was quite wrong. I was positioned at a company that had abusive management and when I complained about being told when I commented on anything that "you know you're a contractor right?". I was expecting them to protect their employees, but the contract was more important than the contractors.
Harsh work environment.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Harsh work environment that failed to provide job security or job satisfaction.
Generated hand written blue print estimates
Competed for and sold commercial framing and drywall contracts
Managed contracts
Good Place to work
Configurtion Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 4, 2017
Apex System Inc. places contractors on contract. The compensation is hourly, W2 is also available. Management stay in communication with contractors.
Apex is just a contract for hire...
Virtualization Engineering (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2017
Apex hires people to fill positions with other companies. For the first 6 months you work under Apex, then move on to the primary. As a contract employee of Apex the benefits are horrible. Medical costs for a family would absorb half your pay at least. They try to offset this by giving you a bit more money over the negotiated rate for the primary, but it's not enough by any means.
Pros
Gateway to something better
Cons
Horrible benefits
Not for everyone
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 30, 2017
Apex is a great place to start off your career. I would not say there is much advancement within the company itself. Definitely play the politics game here as well
Contract Work
PROJECT LEADER/CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
Its not Apex that lacks management so much as its the contract I work for, Wells Fargo as a company is poorly managed and they fail to recognize the contractors for their hard work and tenacity
I was a consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2017
Worked with a local client.Very enjoyable. Looked out for contractors. Excellent pay and online applications
Would have liked more contact with recruiter
Not a good a company to work for!! Not helpful if there issues with assignment
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIAugust 27, 2017
Not a good company to work for and not good recruiters in this company. Not helpful with issues with assignment!! No communications after being let go based on lies from CVS management. Tell a contractor to stay at a job for a period of time which was unprofessional on their part. Will not recommend this company to friends.
Pros
Cons
Not a good a company to work for!! Not helpful if there issues with assignment
Good starting point
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2017
It was a good place to start out in the work force. Now, it is time to move on. I did enjoy the culture and the day to day. It was more of a work hard, work harder instead of work hard play hard.
Not worth the stress
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 24, 2017
I would recommend you stay away from Apex unless they will be the first company you work for. I can't think of any benefits that actually existed with them. There was no paid time off, no overtime, the optional insurance that you had to pay for did not even meet the ACA minimums.
Nice people to work with
Accounting Assistant/Admin (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIAugust 24, 2017
People that help get the job done. Organized understanding people. They are very professional people as well. Great company to work with. They do there best in any way to help.
Great Company to Work
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2017
Great people, great resources. My recruiter was always helpful and onpoint to get me the resources that I needed to be successful. I would say 10 stars all the way!!!!!!
Contract Job
NGEN Lead Data Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
Very minimal interaction with staff, as it is 100% travel position I am in.

The scheduling conflicts were always occuring without any collaboration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.