Apex Systems

Apex Systems Employer Reviews

Nice group to work for
Help Desktop Support (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2014
My experience was good i enjoyed the contract I was on. Wish they had more stable contracts but waiting 6 mos for another position
Contract Position for Large Business Enterprise Client
Security Engineer / Implementation Engineer (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare expense
My normal work duties include attending conference calls to plan, develop, and implement security best practices on a number of different equipment systems by such vendors as Cisco, Bluecoat, F5, Juniper, and Fortinet. I really have enjoyed the chance to learn new technologies and see how topics I am proficient with are used in different scenarios. – more... The hardest part of this job is the down time between project work and not having a set goal to work towards for professional development or an expected timeline for growth to a more senior position. – less
It was only temp work
Blackberry/PC Support (Former Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 4, 2014
The company was good to me at least. Decent work for short term to cover someone on maternity leave and again on something different they arranged to help he have some work after shoulder surgery made most work impossible.
Good company to work for.
Contractor Assignment (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNJanuary 3, 2014
Apex was good about reaching out to me about assignments; heck they even fought for my attention when I was about to accept a different assignment with another company.
First contract
Information Systems Analytical Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VaDecember 31, 2013
Pros: paid promptly.
Cons: no paid travel.
I enjoyed this position. Was given freedom and time to perform my job. Only downfall was the contract was cut short and I received very little notice. Recruiter worked with me and immediately started looking for openings for me.
Always traveling
Deployment Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 30, 2013
Cons: terrible travel rate, long reimbursement return times
Traveled too much for long periods of time, travel rates end up costing you more then you make, working here actually put me in debt.
Meh
Technical Services Analyst II (Former Employee), Bellveu, WashingtonDecember 27, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: very slow to respond to any form of communication, will try and low ball you with the salary of the positions they offer.
If you are in need of a temp job just to make ends meet they will do fine. However if you want a position that is going to be worth your time I would not recomend Apex...
Nice company
Technical Support (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 21, 2013
Pros: big accounts
Cons: small money
I have worked for the company for over a year and they are very nice people and great managers. I really like the companies I work for and dealing with people at the offices. The work is challenging, but the pay is not as good as I would like.
Great Experience
Request Management Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: too many to name
Cons: was a contract position
I really learned a lot with this position. It was an excellent springboard for me to dig a little deeper into the IT world.
Great company to work for
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 27, 2013
The work day is very stable in that there are usually no surprises. I enjoy working with the manager as we complement each other. The best part is working with people I get along with very well.The hardest part is knowing that the contract is coming to an end.
Apex
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisNovember 22, 2013
Pros: lunch once a month comped
Cons: slow to find next assignment
The people who work at Apex truly do care about their contractors.
great place
Fiber Tech-III (Former Employee), Langley, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: great lunch
Cons: short break
Great work place great team as well as a great place to learn while building the skill you need to move up in the company.
Great operations team members
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 16, 2013
I worked in the Eppic24 operations support center. We support several hundred Linux servers which processed electronic payments for many of the state governments. This included shopping stores, medicare, unemployment benefits and child care benefits. The servers would not only process the payments but they also ran hundreds of reports nightly for each – more... state.

We monitored the health of the servers, status of the payments and reports. If problems developed, we would trouble shoot the failing processes and scripts. If third level support was needed we would initiate bridge calls and coordinate the troubleshooting. – less
OK company horrible location
Field Technician/ Systems Admin (Former Employee), Hayward, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: got to see lots of cool cars and had fun
Cons: management made things horrible
Apex was great to work for as a company. The assignment location was not a good thing. Crazy management and extremely limited in resources and over all not great for IT. Walked into a firestorm and was able to clean up and get things more stable far as IT goes. Overall the people there where great to work with.
I work hard
End User Consultant - Eastern US (Current Employee), Eatern USNovember 11, 2013
Pros: travel the country
Cons: travel the country
I build out a Process for a Windows 7 Conversion for multiple companies
Refresh Tech
Refresh Technician (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2013
Pros: gain great experienced working with client
Cons: low pay compared to the other techs working contract
• Refresh about 9,800 Computers Within The Los Angeles’s Medical Center Area
• Use Remedy ticketing to Create, Update and Close Tickets.
• Upgrade Current Users to New Computers with Windows XP to Windows 7
• Image Computers with Windows XP & Windows 7 via the SMART and SAT tool.
• Migrate System Accounts to New Asset
• Install Various Programs per – more... User’s Request via the SAT tool, Internet, or Compact disk.
• Install New Computer Monitors to replace those which are Out of Warranty
• Troubleshoot any immediate problems with Install.
• Fill out Paperwork.
• Replace Pharmacy Computers – less
Very interesting workplace with helpful recruiters
IT Professional (Gov't Contractor) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: pay and reimburstments for food and gas and all expenses where paid by the company.
Cons: having to get a certicication without having enough time to get it accomplished.
My position was a 100% travel. I traveled to Navy and Marine bases installing and upgrading their computer systems. I really enjoyed the traveling at the time. I learned a lot about desktop support and the different software many bases use. I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job started being the traveling and dealing with jetlag. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel around the US and experience cities I had never been to. I am very happy that Apex took the time to hire me and give me a chance to work in my career field. – less
Productive workplace
Financial Specialist (Client Service Consultant) (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2013
Handle telephone inquiries from Bank and Sales personnel on Brokerage related questions. Such as supplying instruction on how to process IRA Distributions and Contribution, as well as how to handle Command Product issues and IRA issues
Good company for technical temporary or contract positions
Business Process Analyst, Wells Fargo & Company (Former Employee), Edina, MNOctober 17, 2013
Good company for technical temporary or contract positions
The best part
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2013
As a quality assurance analyst life is always about making things better. It's a highly interactive position that's engaging with multiple different groups and bringing people and ideas together.

About Apex Systems

Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to be the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in the U.S. We specialize – Read more