Apex Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job for Recent Grads
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 5, 2015
Typical Day at Work:
learning about new business/job requisitions assigned to you
using internet searches to find qualified candidates
submitting candidates to clients
following up with candidates already in the mix for positions

Hardest Part:
with large projects or complex requisitions, you may think you've covered all your bases with a candidate's process but something pops up unexpectedly that you must rectify
you work with PEOPLE/Candidates and though you may have done your job effectively, the individuals you're presenting to a client may disappear or be unreliable and it makes Apex look bad to the client

Best Part:
Everyone generally has a positive attitude and is fun to work with. Very helpful coworkers and managers
Pros
Benefits, good work atmosphere, good managers, feeling accomplished
Cons
close work space, stressful at times
Enjoyable company with great benefits and potential for growth
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 2, 2015
An always-expanding company that treats you like family even with it's large size. Superior team-building and a lot of concentration on personal growth. Compliance is a very detail oriented position that is both high stress and rewarding.
Great Place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 1, 2015
There is nothing typical about my days at work. I would be one day doing a audit of a cell site. to trouble shooting a outage on a cell site, troubleshoot problems with CDMA or LTE cards or Remote Radio Heads to antennas to any other type of outage on a cell site. I found my job very challenging and enjoyable.
Looks out for their employees. Easy to work with.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 1, 2015
I have worked for APEX for almost 2 years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

They have been approachable and very easy to work with.
Pros
Local
Cons
Limited job resouces
Software deployment
Software deployment (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 1, 2015
Deploying new iso image for post offices. Co-workers are great people to work with. A normal day is handling the deployment of the new iso image to post offices across the country.
Cons
Healthcare, and pay
Proactive and work home balance provided.
Database Developer / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Center Point Energy, Houston, TXAugust 28, 2015
The staff of Apex Systems Inc. do a lot of home work before suggesting any client to their consultants for consideration of the next job assignment. They continue to have good relations with the clients and thus provide a consistent efficient and productive work place through their clients.
Descent Talent Network
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 23, 2015
Great starter Company for those getting into IT. Clearly understand everything you are agreeing to before you commit.
Pros
Direct Deposit, Reliable Payrol system, Descent Benefits
Cons
Compensation low for the Industry standards
a Typical Work Week
AECCS Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
egin most days by coming in to the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients: this includes walking the doctor through his schedule, and looking through our office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day: I respond to any messages in our scheduling system, and walk the doctor through the plan for next day. The the majority of my duties include assisting patients, both in person and on the phone – I schedule their appointments and help address any issues.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Great staffing agency
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
Worked with a great team with each project given. Transtions from contractor to full time employee were very smooth and would recommend to any job seeker!
O.K. Company
Tier One Service Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 13, 2015
The biggest downfall to the company is that you only get benefits only after a year of employment with them. they can be contacted if you wish to know information.
Good Stepping Stone
Desktop Support Technician. (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 3, 2015
Apex Systems provides a very good position to act as a stepping stone in the IT field. The hours and pay vary depending on contract. Most pay is under the national average for the position but is a fair wage as many people are entry level to intermediate level techs. The benefits, however, are atrocious and require a very high weekly pay reduction for healthcare.
Pros
Flexible hours, able to gain much needed IT experience.
Cons
Poor benefits, Pay on the lower side.
Very difficult to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  HomeJuly 27, 2015
The recruiters were very undependable in their communication. Promising to call, and never would return calls or emails after multiple requests. Promised 2 year contract which ended after one year.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Undependable job length
Flexibility
Contractor- Verizon Enterprise Solutions (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2015
While this company provides flexibility in terms of your work schedule there is no paid time off and for me that is the only down fall.
Good
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2015
It's a good company to work for, good benefits, hoildays, all that good stuff. But the base pay is awful.

I would recommend it for fresh college grads.
Benefits
Cons
Base pay.
Desktop Support
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2015
I was hired to start ASAP, for a 6 months contract to hire. I thought I was hired for Desktop Support, but it was more of a labor job, to clean and move boxes that I could hardly pick up. After a two weeks of that, I started doing the job I was hired for, but after 3 months, they said the job ended. They lied about the contract to hire, and the 6 months. I would not recommend Apex
Pros
When I could get 8 hours daily it good for the pay and they do have direct deposit
Cons
They lied about the job from day 1
They work hard to get you employed.
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
They are the contractor that actually got me a few of my previous positions, they do a good job and I would recommend their services to anyone.
Pros
Helpful with job opportunities
Cons
Not always easy to get in touch with.
Apex could care less for it's employees.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 2, 2015
Started at a project here in Texas for Apex a few months ago and contrary to the other "reviews", this is not a good employer to work for and if you have other options take them.

At my location there are a couple of other guys from Apex and my position in particular is a revolving door due to the demands in contrast to the compensation. This is due to the fact that the recruiters and the parent company deliberately mislead you into believing that the opportunity is temp-hire and when you find out it is not and try to renegotiate salary they are rigid and unprofessional.

I have not met a fellow contractor for Apex who has good things to say, it is pretty consistent that they mislead you in the hiring process to do one job then when you're on board the actual position is grossly different. Furthermore, the contract managers are inflexible and the and support staff are even unfriendly, in desperate need of some customer service training.

In closing, avoid this contractor if at all possible, they are deceptive and they will say anything to get you into a position for as little pay as possible and once you sign on, there is nothing you can do about it for a year.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement
Cons
Untrustworthy, unreliable, and unprofessional staff.
Desktop Support Professional
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Customer Service is priority dealing with live troubleshooting for computers and laptops warranted customers. I personally gained a sense of owning the issue and resolving the issue along with my skills and common courtesy techniques to resolve computer problems.
Cheap
Analyst (Former Employee) –  USAJune 23, 2015
Apex Systems wants to hire you as cheap as possible. One of the first questions asked before a real interview takes place is, "What is the rate you are looking for?".

How about asking the person their skill set first, and provide the potential candidate a hourly range the customer is willing to pay for services as a contractor?

The company provides no severance and employment can immediately come to an end. Company's have no problem handing a golden parachute to upper management, but the worker bee is on his own when it comes to severance. Apex writes in the contract to give them a two week notice if you choose to leave, but that does not happen in return.
Pros
Cons
Un-affordable Health Insurance Coverage, low pay.
Easy to work with.
Help Desk Technician @ Alaska Airlines (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 19, 2015
Overall experience with this company has been average. They offer above average heath benefits, but i was not offered any other benefits. They are fairly easy to work with.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Mostly hands off after contract start.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Systems. Our community is ready to answer.