Apex Tool Group

Apex Tool Group Employer Reviews

not a bad spot
ORDER PICKER / WAREHOUSE TRAINER (Former Employee), Apex, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: poeple i got to work with
Cons: leaving
typical day loading unloading, picking learned a few new techniques in how to manage my time and be more productive. great management fun perfectible and fair. i met some good people and great to work with never really had a problem or something i couldn't handle. the best were the people i work with making it a cool place to work.
Air conditioned shop
ustomer Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2014
Pros: learning new things, geting to talk to customers, helping others by teaching them to work on our tools, learning new thing on coputer, getting to go to customer, working with other people, trouble shooting tools, running fork lift, keeping check on supplys to make sure we don't run out, getting frree lunches when we had good months.
Cons: not being trained on how to work on tools. i had to learn on my own.
On a typical day at work I would unlock shop and turn off alarm.Check in tools to be repaired entering them in to computer, check my e-mails and respond to any problems. make sure the other techs had plenty of work to do, turn on air compressors and drain tank. Then start repairing tools. If any supplies were needed I would make a list and turn in to get ordered.
productive and fast pased
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Apex.It was a great work enviornment.
ok
CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2014
CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist

Apex Tool Group -

Duties were set up, and operation of Tsugami, Tornos, and Star. Multi-axis swiss lathes. Complete inspection of machined parts was also required.
Its and ok job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCNovember 4, 2014
A very fast pace job but i enjoyed it the time went by fast. everyone was very helpful in the training process.
worked long hours with alot of overtime
Team Leader (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 30, 2014
company was a very busy business. worked a lot of overtime. company changed ownership 4 times in the 28 years I worked there. company closed and moved to china and texas
productive place to work
Production Planner, Inventory Control, Purchasing (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 20, 2014
this was a temp position, although I was hoping it would go temp to perm
Great Company W/ Excellent Management
Engineering Operations Intern (Current Employee), Garland, TXOctober 15, 2014
Work is pretty straight forward, you are given task and pretty much everything you need to complete the task you know, or can find someone in the facility who can help you get it done. Management did as much as the could to keep the interns busy, but there was some down time. Unfortunately, the facility is moving to South Carolina.
Temporary only, bad pay with no advancement. Required to work 12 hr shifts 7 days a week. Bad working conditions.
Laser Marker/Operator (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Bad place to work. Temporary positions only. Required to work 7 days a week , 12 hour shifts. Unfavorable working conditions. Heavy lifting with out help. Do not recommend to anyone.
great place to work
Accounts payable specialist (Former Employee), Garland,TXSeptember 11, 2014
At this place I learn a lot about tools also a lot on Microsoft excel
Apex
Desktop Services Intern (Current Employee), Apex, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: n/a
An excellent company to work , friendly environment.Quality performance, Delivery performance Safety performance.
solid company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2014
good company with excellent earning potential. promotion opportunities limited
a normal day at apex
Human resources Spanish translator (Current Employee), DALLAS TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch, felxible hours very caring
A typical day is waking up early getting ready and head down the road to come work here at apex tool groups, which i really enjoy the day goes by fast i love working around my co workers they are really felxible and caring people, my job title here is the spanish transaltor i work in the HR office i am here to give the employee a full understanding of what they need to do and as well when the need help, i lovehelping people so thats why i enjoy what i am doing, my computer skills have increased more my typing speed as well, but mostly my spanish has really improved way more
Apex Experience
Junior Marketing Manager - Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), South CarolinaJanuary 16, 2014
I have learned so much with working at Apex Tool Group. I have enjoyed my experience with the company.
Management was fair, workplace was great!
National Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sparks, MDDecember 28, 2013
Pros: comp day
A typical day at work is averaging 100 to 150 inbound calls daily, and helping customers with status of orders, bills updated innovations.

I learned alot about tools, purchasing, accounting and working with other vendors.

My co-workers were amazing, we were a good team!!!

The hardest part of my job was trying to drive an hour away during snow days , but i made it!!!

The most enjoyable part of my job is customers always thanking me daily for going the "extra mile" ,
Massive Warehouse distribution center with a fast paced work environment
Quality Control Manager and Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Hanover, MDDecember 19, 2013
Pros: positive work environment, good management
Cons: the company has relocated to north carolina
Learned quite a bit about managing employees here. I was promoted to Quality Control Manager within the first year and a half of working at this particular warehouse. I was responsible for writing the schedules and supervising approximately 4-6 inspectors on a daily basis. I was also a part of the Industrial Engineering department working directly under the head Engineer there. My daily duties included inspecting and locating new items from receiving, auditing shipments put together by the selectors on the warehouse floor, and reconfiguring storage setups to correspond with demand and product flow.
What a joke. Springdale is the worst place
Apex- Supervisor (Former Employee), SpringdaleDecember 19, 2013
Pros: cafeteria on site
Cons: staff, healthcare, atmosphere
Springdale is perhaps the worst place to work, second only to Dallas. The atmosphere is hostile to management trying to improve the quality of operations and think nothing to belittle and demean you in front of peers and superiors. You may have the best qualifications for a top 5 company, but if Ops doesn't like you then you might as well bury yourself in your phone playing games 'cause you're going nowhere.
Production/Manufacture
cycle counter (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCDecember 13, 2013
stamp measurements onto tools, sort tools, and pack tools, assembly line; count inventory
Who wants to work for Mitt Romney?
Machinist 1 (Former Employee), Lexington, SCDecember 13, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: where do you want to start.
BC bought this company and is running it into the ground. not much to like about that. It was a nice place when Cooper ran it, but it has gone from bad to worse.
Fun, challenging,
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits, good people
Cons: management change
It was a great place to work, the people were my family, after 32 years and a lot of changes, I hated that they closed the doors. The managers changed after awhile so the family feeling with them was lost, but the people were still and always will be family. I was taught so many things there, the most was you have to have team work, that's what makes a business. The most fun part was seeing my friends everyday.

About Apex Tool Group

Cooper Industries and Danaher Corporation were aiming high when they formed Apex Tool Group in mid-2010. The 50/50 joint venture – Read more