APL Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYFebruary 21, 2016
It's a good company to Work for. Lots of area for adavnacement. The benefits are pricey, compnesation is ok. Overal good employment
A pleasant place to work for.
Senior Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Coloma, MIFebruary 12, 2016
Work days were busy but manageable.The most enjoyable part of my job was investigating items that had a discrepancy. You looked at the entire scope of the activity of that item and tried to identify where the problem was. My co-workers were awesome. A few of us have worked together for 34+ years. Our management team was great. They had an open door policy and was very helpful in answering any type of questions that we might have had regarding our job.
Pros
Up until this year, we had job security
Cons
Insurance Plans, Wages Frozen, Grandfather PTO taken away.
family oriented small warehouse
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 23, 2016
loved my warehouse job position.there was never a dull day the drivers always came in with stories to tell.we all worked well together and had lots of activities such as dinners and cookouts.the economy took a down turn back in 2008 and 2009 so a lot of people lost their jobs including myself.raises and reviews are given on a regular basis.i wanted that to be my retirement job. small groups tend to be more thoughtful and caring.plenty of overtime for everybody not a select few
Pros
salary was decent, reviews often, lots of praise and encourgement.
Cons
business can sometimes be slow or seasonal.
Always very productive, learned new skills and worked with a great group of co-workers to help each other on tasks
CSR and Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pleasant PrairieJuly 14, 2015
There are a great team members that work together to help the company, it is face paced envirorment, and being able to multitask in the warehouse is important. checking emails and making sure shipments come in correct. Enjoyed every task and the day goes by fast.
Pros
Insentives outside including cook outs. Free lunch ordered for employess
Cons
No benifits untill hired directly within the company, position was temp to hire
very good potential
Customer Service Rep/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 18, 2015
This job was not organized and not professional at all, some of the staff were very nice people but the actual business and management needs some assistance.

their was know specific business guide lines to obey, or any detailed way to run things at that job so, everyone did their own ways of doing things so basically to sum it up APL was VERY unorganized. I think they have potential but not there yet.They are currently out of business as of July 2015.
Pros
APL has good benefits and allow you to take hour lunches
Cons
unprofessional
Great People
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 30, 2016
Supportive environment with room to learn and grow. Great place to be if you don't like being micro-managed. Growing company with many opportunities for advancement.
Productive and a Good Place to Work
Manager, Business Solutions Delivery (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work is very challenging. My co-workers are and were great to work with and always willing to help both professionally and personally. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and working with all sorts of people from various countries and cultures as well as traveling.
Pros
Great Benefits
big breakroom
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 29, 2015
It was a fast paced workplace.Fun to be at whether you were on weekend hours or weekly hours.Management needed a change due to the wrong people being placed in lead positions.Everything I learned was from an employee not a management team member.I enjoyed all my co-workers.We had some very productive days.The hardest part of the job was getting up so early to do the job.The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing each day I was part of a special team of workers who always got the job done.
Pros
3 breaks throughout the day.
Cons
having to wake up so early to do the job
great place to work
GENERAL WAREHOUSER (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 18, 2015
This is a great place to work. I like the growth and development they offer. Also they have the best management team ever.
benefits
Cons
location
Could be a lot better
lead (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2016
The potential is there for an amazing site operation, however between poor contract decisions and client take-over it has resulted in a cut-throat operation with zero team atmosphere. Management doesn't take any responsible and the communication is still very poor.
it's each man for himself and there is little support.
Pros
large operation with great potential
Cons
no team environment
Productive environment with great employees
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coloma, MIFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day began with a daily staff meeting to go over daily requirements and spent time ensuring that label machines were running, answering employee questions, closing shop orders, and maintaining daily labor sheets. Spent time learning how production was scheduled and planned, how label machine were set up to run various size can goods, and how to keep employees happy and productive. The best part of the job was the people I worked with as they made the place more enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Short breaks
Prductive and a great place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coloma, MIFebruary 1, 2016
I have learned so much working at APL Logistics. Other than doing my duties of scheduling, maintaining reports, and customer service, I have been able to learn other skills outside my job such as maintain MSDS books, SQF inspections, and internal audits. I have learned so much from my co-workers and they have been the best asset for me in learning my job. The hardest part of my job is that the plant is closing at the end of June. I have enjoyed my employment with APL Logistics and giving me an opportunity to learn and grow.
Good Company To Work For
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILApril 18, 2016
It has been quite a while since I worked at APL Logistics, but at the time that I was there the management team I worked for were great. They were great at mentoring and allowed you the opportunity to advance if you showed the potential and eagerness to want to do and learn more.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good Compensation
Cons
N/A
This is a good place to work. They are fair and have a lot of integrity
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 2, 2016
APL is a good place to work. They are very stern in making sure all employees are treated fairly and with a high level of integrity. They have good training programs and sponsor individual advancement
Pros
Employees get good tools to get the job done
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 4, 2016
Third-party logistics warehouse. Good starter job for students who go to school during the day, and need work at night.
Pros
Different type of work scenarios daily
Cons
Challenges workers to be attentive to details
It's a very high stressed job. Management is not the best.
Representative, ILS Operations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 14, 2016
High stress with no work/life balance. The work environment is not a fun but the co-workers are fun. Management doesn't have a sense of direction and not set plans.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
High stress
Great Place To Start Making Money
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 15, 2016
This warehouse was a pretty good experience. I handled the extreme hot conditions pretty well in terms of no A/C. The place was very HOT. overall petty decent.
Made customer's deadlines
Third Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 14, 2015
Lakeside Provided essential services for people with disabilities and gave them something to do and also earn some money.

Also provided one fun filled day every summer.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
short breaks and healthcare benefits
good productive
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 2, 2016
good environment,productive workplace and team work, good management the most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers
Pros
free lunches etc...
Cons
short break etc...
forklift driver
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 3, 2016
pull orders and load trucks, check inventory handle orders, do fedex and ups labels. work as a group and on special projects
Pros
breaks
Cons
no benefits