APL Logistics

APL Logistics Employee Reviews

Professional but laidback work setting
International Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), scottsdaleMay 9, 2015
Pros: Upward mobility
Cons: long hours, temp status pending
Management is very friendly and easy to talk to. The work itself is not difficult at all, which is good and bad. The hours are very long, a lot of mandated overtime hours during the week and even on weekends. The temporary employees are kept in that position for at least 6 months up to 12.
okay job
WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), irving txMay 7, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no steady work
didnt say around long to find out ..lost account hours was shaky manager fool of it never keep you in the loop on what was going on with the hour or company
Good Environment
Product Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsdale ArizonaMay 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: changes consistently
People are great to work with and I enjoy it. Co workers are great like a family. The hours are good and they are flexible with employees
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant/Transportation Biller (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, no weekends
Dealt with truck drivers to discuss payroll, greeted clients, filed daily manifest. Submitted accessorial forms for detentions, stop-off's, drop and hooks, adjusted pay rates. Entered data into payroll system. Was a busy time consuming job, but no room for growth with company, job was terminated along with transportation department at this location. Managers were very informing and nice.
A place to get a check
Material Handler/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodridge, ILMarch 4, 2015
Pros: getting paid
Cons: everything else
Picking, Packing, Customer service rep, I learned how to operate different equipment. fun coworkers, very serious workplace
APL is a fast paced company. They rely on their employees to be productive and efficent while on the job even though there are flaws.
Material Handler III (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: two thirty minte breaks
Cons: no safty days. no anniversary days, no vacation time accrued till after one year.
My typical day at work consist of running a special project at APL called ship directs. Ship directs is a part of the warehouse where special parts are ordered by our customers that APL does not usually have in their regular stock items. Although i am just a material handler III, I perform all duties such as receiving, put away, picking, working with SAP and WMSp(two of apl's running systems)
packing, and getting everything ship ready. the hard part about the job is the problem solving. People rely on me to help out and fix issues and it can be stressful. There is no more advancement in the company and i am looking to further my career and education.
Apl is a company that is growing
Team Lead/Quality Controller/Material Handler (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: having our compensation package cut in half.
2nd shift from 2:30 to 11:30 Monday thru Friday with overtime offered. Supervising of 15 to 20 employees. Responsible for getting customer orders processed and ready for pickup on a daily basis. running of daily reports for the next shift. Signing of haz mat material per the loads. Answering any employee questions that may arise. Support of the supervisor on the floor. Picking Loading or Quality Control filling in when an employee is absent. Being responsible for any hazardous material spills if they occur during the shift.
Human Resource Contractor
Human Resource Analyst (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Great position for compensation. No opportunity for growth.
A growing environment and new challenges arose every day
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day was to manage the receiving and shipping department overview productivity goals and ensuring the safety measures are being kept daily. I learned that you must continue to keep thriving for success. Management was involved in daily volumes and ensured the communication line was always kept open. They valued my opinion and my coworkers also did. The hardest thing about the job was not having control of any customer volumes and adapting to any immediate same day changes so that each department would become profitable by satisfying the customers daily needs. The part that I loved the most of the job was the interaction with the team.
Very convient because its down the street from my house
Team leader (Former Employee), 408 Brea Canyon Road, City of Industry, CA 91789January 11, 2015
This company expects the world from you, but can care less about you when it comes down to keeping you. I worked there for 3 years and was never given an opportunity to advance.
Very simple when you know what you are doing.
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Good coworkers and a nice environment to work in. What I learned here made me very successful especially for my age.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Tracy, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: favoritism
On a typical day at APL it runs very smooth, getting work done on time is very important. I've have been at APL since 2008, I have learned many things such as forklifting, order selecting/picking and many more along the years. Working at APL, I've have never thought about holding a management position, but if we were to be speaking truthfully about our supervisors and managers the only problem that I have encounter is one of the shift supervisor. He seems to be clueless at his job and likes to use favoritism as a part of his job. My co-workers are awesome and I get along with them very well. Our working abilities are very compatible as in we understand that working together as a team we will finish our schedule work on time. I do not find anything hard about the job, everything is very easy going.
Hard job to handle
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WINovember 17, 2014
Dealing with customer needs in the shipping and receiving areas. Constant phone calls, emails all day long. Dealing with truck drivers and there shipping paperwork needs.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: diverse
On a typical day, I assist with Inbound shipments for my company, such as routing vendor inbound shipments from different customers sites in all 50 states, including Cananda, I call/email different carriers to see if they would take TL, LTL shipments, Flatbeds to different company sites, and also some carriers are approved, meaning the lane has been bid on and won by specific carriers, after they carrier confirms, I route informaiton(system info) to carriers via internet, and then the process is repeated.
This is a fast paced enviornment, my co workers are team players as well as yself, the managment staff are excellent resources when help is needed, I have learned how to build shipments, and the requirments for state to state freifht hall(meaning I have dealt with Air Export.Air Import) since I have been in the logistics feild.
Great time working with great people
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAOctober 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of receiving, inventory, order processing, shipping and inventory of customer products. Great coworkers because we used the team concept to accomplish our daily goals. I worked closely with the warehouse general and operations managers as well as supervisors. The best part of the job was the pride everyone displayed in doing their assigned task and keeping their work area clean.
Productive work palce
Material Handler (Former Employee), Minooka, ILOctober 17, 2014
moved material through the warehouse on clamp. Great place to work.
Fun and Amazing place to work
Import/Export Coordinator (CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2014
I enjoyed my time at APL.
I learned a lot about international shipping and dealing with sea carriers.
Fast paced, friendly environment
Case Picker/Clamp Truck Operator (Former Employee), Minooka, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Great atmosphere with coworkers.
Fast paced work, quick days.
Management could use work.
Excellent Company
Supervisor of Pricing and Carrier Relations (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 14, 2014
This company treats employees very well. The benefits are great, atmosphere is healthy, and work is fun.
Collaborative workplace with a lot of freedom
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), MIdwestAugust 26, 2014
Excellent workplace. Lots of freedom to do your job. Very good benefits and 401k program.

1 2 3 4 5