Apogee Physicians Employee Reviews

very competitive
Lead Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 12, 2017
very fast paced and competitive. can be treated unfairly at times. shows favortism to certain employees. physicians are very nice and considerate sometimes
Pros
free lunch for meeting
Cons
healthcare
Patient Information Coordinator
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 6, 2017
There is a female manager (MPIC) who flirts with all the girls (PICS) and users her authority to intimidate anyone from reporting her. Management is completely aware of this. If a male supervisor were doing this it would not be allowed. Disgusting!
Pros
Everyone in a department is offered the same starting salary and benefits
Cons
Corporate employees expect you to suck up to them in order to advance yourself
Great compensation, unbalanced life/work expectations.
Physician resources specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 18, 2017
Upper management cares about employees, but middle management has unrealistic expectations and acts as a "boss" and not a "leader." I work to live, not live to work, so this position was not for me. I was not willing to sacrifice my family and my life for a job.
Pros
Great compensation, travel opportunities, office perks
Cons
Unstable work/life balance, stuffy atmosphere
Decent Company - Bad Management
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 13, 2017
For the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area the pay is decent. The main issue I experienced was that Apogee has grown too quickly and has not trained any of their middle management to actually manage their employees. Not only did I experience this, but I had employees in other departments tell me the exact same thing. Very disappointing. Health insurance is not good. They don't do yearly reviews and you only have the opportunity for a small raise in the beginning but in my experience they didn't even follow through on that. My recommendation - do not work in the marketing department!
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Bad management
Truly enjoyed the job, it offered the right mix of routine and new experiences, daily.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2017
Apogee, in the right atmosphere would most likely be the best company out there. However, job security is not up to you. So many variables involved in the job. I left a secure job to take a job with Apogee. Then Apogee decided to pull their contract with the hospital.
Unless you have the flexibility to be out of work with 90 days notice, you might want to pass on this job.
Pros
Your job duties are very clear, not micro managed
Cons
Egotistical providers causing drama
Great group of people to work with!
Receptionist Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
The team that I worked along side of were very intelligent and responsible individuals. They help me to discover who I was professionally and how great I could be. It was a different culture than I was use to, but that is what made it so Great!!
great
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 15, 2016
Loved it here. Miss everyone I worked with, wish I could go back to work here. Miss all the patients and employees. Always busy and never a dull moment.
Working at a hospital for doctor's
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 23, 2016
My day starts by making the doctor's list. I do insurance. I visit patients and make call's to them. It's just me and one other co-worker in the office, small and quaint. Not really any hard parts to this job. I consider myself a secretary.
Cons
would like better compensation
n/a
Payor Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2016
The company itself is great, management (my area) was not what I expected. I did not see myself advancing at all. The physicians I dealt with on a daily basis were wonderful to work with.
Great company to work for
Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 6, 2015
I am currently employed with Apogee Physicians. They are focused on quality care for patients, and work hard with the hospital to get us the help we need and adjust compensation accordingly. The PICs (the folks that make your rounding list and make your life easier) where I work are extremely involved and helpful. Of course, your experience may vary based on where you are working. But the regional director is extremely passionate and helpful, doesn't mind if you call or text him, and responds promptly and appropriately.
Excellent Organization
Chief of Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2015
Apogee Physicians has a great vision and patient focused care culture is promoted and delivered by corporate leadership and permeates throughout the organization.
Come in make sure all of the patients we admitted have been turned over the right doctor and make sure all the patients are covered for care,
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FlSeptember 30, 2015
Hard work when I started by I love the job, one person is on the phone or blue tooth constantly and it is irritating. The program director we have now is great, but the company was not prepared for the volume of patients we see on a daily basis.
Pros
good lunches provided by drug reps and good insurance benefits
Cons
I usually do not take a break as my work comes first.
Managing acute ill patients with researched based treatment
Nurse Practitioner- Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 21, 2015
As hospitalist, we specialize in the acutely ill patient. We admit for those physicians who do not have hospital privileges and take on patients who do not have a PCP. We consult and coordinate with other specialties and try to effectively treat the patient with the most current research based treatment.
Fairly routine type of work, you know what to expect to work on each day.
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCSeptember 17, 2015
It was an easy job to learn and the database was user friendly. Definitely a well paying job for a small rural area. The Doctors were great to work with.
Fast Paced, Multi Task, Fun
Lead Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Fun place to work with a great support system. Plenty of room to grow and advance within the company. Always stay busy and constant change. Hardest part of the job....5am. Most enjoyable part of the job....I was basically my own boss and I loved the people I worked with and around.
Pros
Free breakfast & lunches. Come and go as I please.
Cons
My day started way too early.
N/a
Patient Information Coordinator -Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 1, 2015
Hospitalist Group. Internal Medicine doctors see patients that do not have a primary care doctor.
Located throughout the country, in many hospitals.
Great flexabilty
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DelawareMarch 15, 2015
If you are an early bird, Apogee is a great fit. Love the providers that I work with. Schedule allow flexibility. You do have to work hard.
Pros
Great team of doctors
good place to work
Patient Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 5, 2014
This job is the best job ever. I enjoy working for this company. They really take care of there employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Productive place to work. This is a great learning experience.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2014
I work as a hospitalist 7 shifts on, with 7 shifts off. I work night shift 7p-7a. I also pick up shifts on my week off. My duties include admitting patients from the emergency room, rounding on patients during day shift, and providing cross coverage for nursing staff.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no benefits
Great employer
Patient Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 9, 2014
This job gave me the ability to learn a number of skill sets designed to help new Physicians..
Benefits
Cons
Hours