Apogee Employee Reviews in United States

I would still be there if they had not shut the mines down.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Yolyn, WVSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed my job and what I did, I never expected to be out of the coal industry, but since the War on Coal, I am. But I am seeking work elsewhere that I may apply my equipment skills with, I can run just about anything and work on it at the same time.
Pros
Health and retirement benefits at the time
Cons
Lack of management
Unprofessional Property Management
Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2016
My typical day at work was very stressful. I was always made to feel like my job was in jeopardy. There was no continued training so what I learned on the job taught me how to do my job successfully. The management staff treated me very unprofessional and there was no code of ethics. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the unprofessionalism of the property manager. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was teaching co-workers and the appreciation I felt from helping the tenants because ultimately that's who we work for.
Pros
Overtime pay and convenience of living on site.
Cons
Property Management
Fun and great enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 23, 2015
Answering 80-100 inbound calls per day.

Learned how to handle my patience with customers better, and helped with my phone skills.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks.
Productive and creative enviroment
Art Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Was the most enjoyable company to work for. Lots of travel to the best art shows in the world. Was able to network with some of the most brilliant minds of this time.

You have to be a self starter to work in this company as management is very relaxed and trust you to perform
Pros
great travel perks
Cons
travel burnout
Family Environment atmosphere
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 4, 2012
This company is the best company I had ever worked for from the corperate office right down the offices in each business. I loved everyone there.
Pros
great company, pay, benifits
Cons
this company needs more communities.
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2015
Working as part of the IT team we worked together to support each other. Managment was reorganizing but finally stabled out. A very good company to work for.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Pay was not the best.
Good pay, long days, rewarding job
Conventional Weapons Division Instructor/ Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAApril 28, 2015
Veteran friendly company that caters to the DoD. Apogee was dedicated to providing a quality customer experience. They also made sure to compensate all employees considerably well. At times, management left something to be desired. They were polite, professional, and personable for the most part but, difficult to reach in times they were needed.
It was a veryproductive place for everyone happy by supplying them with what they need to accomplish the jobl
Chief Lead/Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  FORT lEE VA. 23801March 9, 2015
Conducive in keep the empoyee inform and making sure they had the resources they need to complete the task. It focus on the company and individual experience while employed there.
The most enjoyable was working with the students making sure they got all the necessary equipment and infromation to acomplish the task.
Great Company
92G Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 2, 2013
Very Professional, Management staff was great. Everyone was a Veteran.
Pros
awesome co-workers veterans
Cons
job security, contracts only 1 year long
Great team enviroment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pick up Donor assigments, inspect your truck plot/plan your route try to complete your call within an 8hr window. Some new drivers take 30 to 50 calls per day. Vet driver's like me take 70 to 90 call per day. each donor home is different from 1 box or bag to 30 boxes or bags plus furniture sofa, wall units, love seats, etc...
Pros
freedom to work unsupervised, intregrity is everything.
Cons
working alone on heavy furniture days!
Enjoyable place to work with awesome staff.
Technical Support Representative, Temp (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2013
After clocking in, you take calls as they come in. If you need any help a lead is always available to guide you to the right answers. Managment is very friendly and welcoming. Hardest part of the job can be a very slow day.
Working for Apogee is very rewarding
Basic Officer Leadership Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAMarch 10, 2014
I worked with new Army Officers so I had an oppourtunity to teach. train and mentor new leaders.
Great Company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasOctober 16, 2013
Small private company with friendly office staff. Garage parking is a plus with on site security
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
location
Alot of hard work to teach the student how to recover vehicles.
Army Instructor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAAugust 16, 2013
Worked as instructor for AIT students getting their H8 certification.