Apollo Education Group

Apollo Education Group Employer Reviews

Favortism and politics
Central Admin UofPhx (Former Employee), ArizonaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pay good at mid to upper levels
Cons: poor management with backing by hr
Self-interested management. There are core values that are not important at the executive level. Instead, politics and favortism dominate. HR has their noses into executives and do not support fair employee management.
Apollo Education
National Director, Workforce Solutions (Current Employee), Houston, TeasAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free tuition, great benefits, working remotely
I managed a sales team and my typical day involved coaching managers to dirve sales performance and improve the skill set of their advisors. I learned how to lead teams while at Apollo Group and learned how to manage performance, forecast sales, manage a sales pipeline and negotiate contracts.

The culture at Apollo Education Group was one where performance – more... was rewarded and where teamwork was instrumental in achieving success. My co-workers were collabatortive and supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achiieving goals and being rewarded for my performance through compensation and promotions. The people I worked with were incredible and I learned so much from their leadership. – less
Good Job/life balance
Advisor, National Accounts (Current Employee), Austin - San Antonio, Texas CorridorAugust 10, 2014
After TXST closed the Office of Continuing Education I landed my job as a Workforce Solution Advisor for the University of Phoenix, which then expanded to a National Advisor position with the parent company, Apollo Education Group.
Poor leadership that thrives on creating and fighting fires
Education Services Operator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2014
Pros: casual work environment - not stiff
Cons: too many to list
Short-term driven leadership. Executive leaders focus on themselves and ignore reports. Politics thick.
Easy but no growth
IRS Team/Refund Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: easy, lots to do
Cons: no advancement
Job is simple with duties almost becoming monotonous. No job growth or advancement however and annual raises are a 2.5% market value. No bonuses for degrees or continuing your education.
Productive fun workplace
Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee), Plantation, FLApril 25, 2014
Primary Accountabilities
•Identifies, prospects, and qualifies new client opportunities, promoting the value of UOPX educational products and solutions for the company and its employees.
•Reviews market analyses, monitors competitive activity and proactively identify client needs. Regularly calls on company leadership seeking feedback on performance – more... and service levels and identifying opportunities to expand the relationship.
•Works collaboratively with UOPX colleagues to identify and implement customized educational solutions that support each client''s business strategies and workforce needs. Prepares and presents recommendations to company leadership that are aligned with client expectations and consistent with the UOPX brand.
•Negotiates agreements for services, programs and pricing within assigned client/account base.
•Maintains world class stakeholder management, ensuring top quality communication and alignment of mutual business goals between client and UOPX.
•Extends the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained client engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts
•Drives and maintains high customer service levels within assigned account base.
•Attends and participates in regional professional and business organizations to represent UOPX capabilities and drive new business opportunities.
•Performs other duties as assigned or apparent – less
Finance Manager in the making...
Financial Operations Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2014
Hello,

I am looking for a job that would best compliment my management style. I am hard working, loyal, competitive, & employee-centric. I would love to be able to find a job in which I can motivate and challenge employees by empowering them by honing in on their untapped talents.