Apollo Education Group

Apollo Education Group Employer Reviews

Sinking ship trying desperately to plug all of its holes.
IT Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on campus
Cons: unstable market, executive and sr. leadership do not communicate
With enrollment down and a less than stellar release of the flagship website in 2014 the company continues to cut operation expenses and headcount. New government regulations and a plethora of competition begs the questions; where is the bottom? Hopefully one day enrollment will even out and the non-US based business are able to fill the gap.
Good people to work with, nice compensation, but higher level mgmt (C level) was not good.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Lots of flexibility, good benefits, and great team of co-workers. Hardest part was not having more say on what clients we could engage with (very tight restrictions).
Apollo review
Market Director- IA, MN, NE (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Great company to work for, tough times in leadership right now as they reinvent what higher education looks like.
Excellent culture, management, training & work/life balance
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO.December 17, 2014
Pros: work from home, competitive comp plan and bonus structure, excellent training & education opportunities
Cons: leadership turn over and unstable environment
Excellent culture as a national accounts advisor in the Workforce Solutions division. We built strong client relationships and had a strong value proposition to share.

The management at the time was second to none, but recently went through big changes and the entire leadership turned over.

The hardest part of the job was trying to go to market with products or resources that weren't necessarily ready to take to market. Intentions were good, they just needed more time to develop some of the resources before tasking the account execs to sell them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture of our department, the relationships with clients built in our markets, and the work/life balance that was created.
Apollo Education Group
Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Apollo Education Group provides excellent compensation, benefits and a great work/life balance. Apollo Education Group provides the necessary training and classes to help employees excel in their jobs and also great career planning tools. Apollo Education Group overall is a great company to work for.
University of Phoenix was great to work for.
CEL (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 1, 2014
I loved working with the student. Helping the people advance their lives was wonderful.
Autonomy but absolutely no leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: home office, autonomy
Cons: zero leadership at the top, product offerings were lacking
Great intentions to do good things but absolutely no leadership at the top and no clear definition of a go to market strategy. Product offering was lacking and the execution after the sale fell dramatically short. The reason I came to this company was because I heard it was a great place to work. Unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case and needless to say I was very disappointed.
I enjoy the fast-paced nature of my job and really value working in an energetic atmosphere with people.
Workforce Account Executive (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2014
Apollo has helped me get to the next level of my career through networking opportunities
Company in constant transition
National Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: ethical leadership, energetic workforce, pay scale
Cons: volatility in job security
AEG group is a culture of dynamic professionals who strive for competitive advantage and excellence. The constant re- positioning to make stock holders and the BOD happy makes for a stressful workplace where job security is not existant
Poor Atmosphere
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Marion, INOctober 13, 2014
Cons: micro management
I enjoyed my work with this company the first 2 years, but the management changed and it became one of micro management. I was glad to leave this company.
Director
Director (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: education perks
Cons: senior leadership and an industry under attack
Smart people, some sub par leadership, and not the best culture.
Great company, culture, and leardership
Senior Account Executive, Workforce Solutions (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, great training, ect.
Cons: upward mobility is limited
I have enjoyed working with Apollo Education Group for the past six years. The company has been very good to me and helped me gain skills and experience that will make me an asset to any organization.
Restructuring at the moment
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Three layoff rounds in less than a year. Avoid. There is a good amount of autonomy working out of the home but no job security as it turned out.
Philanthropic, goal-oriented executives
Senior Market Manager, Business Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2014
The Apollo Group (University of Phoenix) grew so fast that the development of the employees couldn't keep up.
Favortism and politics
Central Admin UofPhx (Former Employee), ArizonaSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pay good at mid to upper levels
Cons: poor management with backing by hr
Self-interested management. There are core values that are not important at the executive level. Instead, politics and favortism dominate. HR has their noses into executives and do not support fair employee management.
Apollo Education
National Director, Workforce Solutions (Current Employee), Houston, TeasAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free tuition, great benefits, working remotely
I managed a sales team and my typical day involved coaching managers to dirve sales performance and improve the skill set of their advisors. I learned how to lead teams while at Apollo Group and learned how to manage performance, forecast sales, manage a sales pipeline and negotiate contracts.

The culture at Apollo Education Group was one where performance was rewarded and where teamwork was instrumental in achieving success. My co-workers were collabatortive and supportive.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achiieving goals and being rewarded for my performance through compensation and promotions. The people I worked with were incredible and I learned so much from their leadership.
Good Job/life balance
Advisor, National Accounts (Current Employee), Austin - San Antonio, Texas CorridorAugust 10, 2014
After TXST closed the Office of Continuing Education I landed my job as a Workforce Solution Advisor for the University of Phoenix, which then expanded to a National Advisor position with the parent company, Apollo Education Group.
Poor leadership that thrives on creating and fighting fires
Education Services Operator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2014
Pros: casual work environment - not stiff
Cons: too many to list
Short-term driven leadership. Executive leaders focus on themselves and ignore reports. Politics thick.
Easy but no growth
IRS Team/Refund Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: easy, lots to do
Cons: no advancement
Job is simple with duties almost becoming monotonous. No job growth or advancement however and annual raises are a 2.5% market value. No bonuses for degrees or continuing your education.
Productive fun workplace
Account Executive, National Accounts (Current Employee), Plantation, FLApril 25, 2014
Primary Accountabilities
•Identifies, prospects, and qualifies new client opportunities, promoting the value of UOPX educational products and solutions for the company and its employees.
•Reviews market analyses, monitors competitive activity and proactively identify client needs. Regularly calls on company leadership seeking feedback on performance and service levels and identifying opportunities to expand the relationship.
•Works collaboratively with UOPX colleagues to identify and implement customized educational solutions that support each client''s business strategies and workforce needs. Prepares and presents recommendations to company leadership that are aligned with client expectations and consistent with the UOPX brand.
•Negotiates agreements for services, programs and pricing within assigned client/account base.
•Maintains world class stakeholder management, ensuring top quality communication and alignment of mutual business goals between client and UOPX.
•Extends the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained client engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts
•Drives and maintains high customer service levels within assigned account base.
•Attends and participates in regional professional and business organizations to represent UOPX capabilities and drive new business opportunities.
•Performs other duties as assigned or apparent