Apollo Education Group Employee Reviews

Ok
Quality Assurance and Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040February 13, 2017
Job security is questionable.Yearly reviews are slanted.Favortism is rampant. After the sell off anxiety is at a very high level.
Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2017
The people working at the University are wonderful people to work with. The people made it a great place to work even through the most difficult times of change.
Pros
Vacation policy
Cons
Declining business trends
Love to help people reach there goals
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Great company to work for
Co-Workers great
Love the management
Educational benefits to improve yourself
A lot to learn
Pros
Great environment to work
Cons
enrollments down
its okay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJanuary 13, 2017
it is a good job good management good work environment
safe work environment
decent management
it is a good job
no complaints
looking for something with stable hours
Sinking ship.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 1, 2017
I started working at the peak of the company's success. Was laid off prior to company merging with another education corporation, forecast may be getting better.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Monthly and quarterly goals was more sales environment than education.
Na
Team Lead - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2016
This question can not be answered at this time. I am no longer with Apollo. There is not much more to say about Apollo. The company needs a few improvements on how to treat its employees.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Good management staff
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
Worked as BA between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
Strongly emphasized on development and production of daily, weekly, monthly reports under the regulations for business unit as per Regulatory Department.
Really big material and a long way from home
Sheet Metal Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 8, 2016
I was in charge of duct install and material handling. Make sure we had the proper stuff to work with. I learned a lot about nuclear waste and of its disposal. The job ran smoothly and productively. People where great and where goal orientated. Hardest part being away from family. Most enjoyable was good money.
Pros
Great people and working conditions.
Cons
Away from home.
Retention is an issue
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2016
I worked here for over 5 years during it's most prominent time. It was caught doing something bad, did very little to make up for it, and lost it's positive vibe somewhere along the way. The co-workers I had were great, however, they were all leaving for better opportunities and benefits. Even those who did not set out for a real career, eventually found their path thanks to the educational benefits. However, those benefits were not enough to keep the talent in house. I would fear for my job while watching my colleagues leave, whether they wanted to or not. Education is ultimately what you make of it and I did learn a great deal from Apollo because I always constantly sought more knowledge, and it was there for the taking.
Pros
Educational benefits, resources
Cons
Medical benefits, poor 401k plan, massive cutbacks, subpar branding and image
Company lost direction
Territory IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2016
The first 10-15 years were lots of fun BUT, afterwards it was hit or miss. While my immediate management structure was great, the company as a whole took a plunge and eventually was sold off. Executive leadership struck out too many times.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Uncertain Outlook
SNL is wonderful
Senior Project Manager (consultant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2016
SNL at DePaul University is a great place to work as an adjunct professor. It is helpful if you learn how their system works. I am most rewarded by helping students.
Great work/Life Balance
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2016
Great work and life balance. Willing to work with your schedule. Upper management is unaware of the day in and day out procedures and set expectations too high.
Different experince working with paint.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 3, 2016
I received my certificate to drive a forklift. Management was very helpful. The experience with working with paint was a very great experience.
Golden Handcuffs
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2016
The company overpays staff because of prior compensation structure. Due to the declining business, it maintains a horrible culture to work in but many employees say they feel forced to stay because the pay is just too good to walk away from.
very friendly environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 19, 2016
It was a fun place to work at. the work environment is very nice and cultured. All the co-workers are friendly.I would start my day with smoke testing and basically attend a lot if meetings.i really enjoyed working at this place
Nightmare of a company
WFS (Former Employee) –  NationalSeptember 8, 2016
Constant change in direction and management, in the short span I was there they had no less than 4 re-orgs/downsizing. i would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Cannot execute work product in timely fashion and consistently falls down on meeting a clients expectations
University was fun and energetic with a solid work environment.
Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  PhoenixSeptember 7, 2016
I worked Mon. Through Fri. 40 hrs. per week. The job consisted of me reviewing the financial status of my assigned students. I would organize my day based on highest priority student concerns to lowest. I would reach out to students as well as receive incoming calls and emails. It was my job to guide students with how to pay for their education. Assisting them with Title IV Financial Aid Applications as well as helping them to apply for both internal and external scholarships was a priority. If students were paying out-of-pocket for classes it was my job to make payment arrangements as well as collect payments both current and past due. I also had the responsibility of contacting the academic counselor to build schedules for current students as well as delete class schedules for those students that were past due. The best part of the job was helping students to be successful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with disgruntled students that were unable to continue their education due to finances. I enjoyed being part of a team and building close working relationships with my peers as well as upper management.
Pros
The friendly work environment.
Cons
The constant regulation updates and fear of being laid off due to downsizing.
Excellent Professional Experience
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Became proficient with remote technology as well as teaching students in need of college education. Learned how to employ my proficiency with organization and classroom management to maximize student learning experience. The need to conduct ongoing scholarly research helped me to ensure I was up to date with current health care events.
Pros
Ability to work 24/7 from any location
Cons
Compensation low, no benefits for adjuncts, no job security or advancement.
Lack of stability and growth
Senior Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2016
Although it's a great work-life balance, the is not any stability. Schedules change frequently, constant layoffs or rumors of layoffs, and their is no room for growth or advancement.
Great work place, would recommend to a friend.
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 9, 2016
It is a company that owns and manages a number of global Universities and also owns the University of Phoenix Arizona. Work culture is fantastic and so are colleagues too.
Atmosphere is great for work and very enjoyable to work in.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Education Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8