Apollo Education Group

Apollo Education Group Employee Reviews

Will provide summary later
Director of Engineering (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 8, 2015
Good place to work. Nice work-life balance.
Some teams have the opportunity learn the latest technologies.
Health benefits similar to other companies.
3 stars out of 5
Sr Director - Business Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 5, 2015
A solid company complicated by issues of being a large corporation - lack of clear communication, fragmented teams, etc.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Director, Brand Management (Current Employee), San FranciscoApril 8, 2015
Pros: Cont. Ed courses free
Cons: Health care insurance is fair, but limited
Strong leadership and great middle management
Coworkers are competent
Commute as a bit tough at times
Fast paced
Large and very layered company
Many stakeholders
Outside agency informative
It's not what you sell, it's how you listen that differentiates you from everyone else
Services Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 26, 2015
I work with a fantastic team always willing to support one another; not many people can enjoy success without a strong and dedicated team. Continuous leadership and sales training has allowed me to become a more trusted coach and valued partner to my clients. I have learned that many sales individuals focus too much on what they are selling instead of listening and understanding their clients goals. Understanding client goals allows the sales person to find the best solution that will have the greatest impact on increasing revenue, decreasing expenses or both. The hardest part of the job can be navigating all the internal channels to ensure timely delivery of contracts, marketing materials, etc. Communicating with your team, making sure expectations and deadlines are known and not being afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed all help put the best solution in front of the client.

The best part of the job is interacting with the customers; I absolutely enjoy developing mutually beneficial relationships that serve as the foundation for long lasting partnerships.
Enjoyable culture
Sr. Recruiter (Contractor) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: telecommuting and on-site cafe
Cons: traffic during travel to and from office
Working here has been refreshing and fun. I like the people I work with and work for. I know my expectations and I am able to complete these and enjoy working with the hiring managers to bring in the qualified candidates to fill the job opportunities.
Culture has shifted
EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
For many years Apollo Education Group was an environment of open communications, opportunity and growth. This has changed.
Strong belief in our ability to be the front runner in adult education.
VP Engagement (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pioneer in adult education and online education with a zest for bring real life experiences to the classroom. A true desire to change the life of adults willing to put in the time and efforts to secure their educational achievement and positively change their professional careers.
Sinking ship trying desperately to plug all of its holes.
IT Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on campus
Cons: unstable market, executive and sr. leadership do not communicate
With enrollment down and a less than stellar release of the flagship website in 2014 the company continues to cut operation expenses and headcount. New government regulations and a plethora of competition begs the questions; where is the bottom? Hopefully one day enrollment will even out and the non-US based business are able to fill the gap.
Good people to work with, nice compensation, but higher level mgmt (C level) was not good.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Lots of flexibility, good benefits, and great team of co-workers. Hardest part was not having more say on what clients we could engage with (very tight restrictions).
Apollo review
Market Director- IA, MN, NE (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Great company to work for, tough times in leadership right now as they reinvent what higher education looks like.
Excellent culture, management, training & work/life balance
National Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO.December 17, 2014
Pros: work from home, competitive comp plan and bonus structure, excellent training & education opportunities
Cons: leadership turn over and unstable environment
Excellent culture as a national accounts advisor in the Workforce Solutions division. We built strong client relationships and had a strong value proposition to share.

The management at the time was second to none, but recently went through big changes and the entire leadership turned over.

The hardest part of the job was trying to go to market with products or resources that weren't necessarily ready to take to market. Intentions were good, they just needed more time to develop some of the resources before tasking the account execs to sell them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture of our department, the relationships with clients built in our markets, and the work/life balance that was created.
Apollo Education Group
Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Apollo Education Group provides excellent compensation, benefits and a great work/life balance. Apollo Education Group provides the necessary training and classes to help employees excel in their jobs and also great career planning tools. Apollo Education Group overall is a great company to work for.
University of Phoenix was great to work for.
CEL (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 1, 2014
I loved working with the student. Helping the people advance their lives was wonderful.
Autonomy but absolutely no leadership
Account Executive (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: home office, autonomy
Cons: zero leadership at the top, product offerings were lacking
Great intentions to do good things but absolutely no leadership at the top and no clear definition of a go to market strategy. Product offering was lacking and the execution after the sale fell dramatically short. The reason I came to this company was because I heard it was a great place to work. Unfortunately, that turned out not to be the case and needless to say I was very disappointed.
I enjoy the fast-paced nature of my job and really value working in an energetic atmosphere with people.
Workforce Account Executive (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2014
Apollo has helped me get to the next level of my career through networking opportunities
Company in constant transition
National Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: ethical leadership, energetic workforce, pay scale
Cons: volatility in job security
AEG group is a culture of dynamic professionals who strive for competitive advantage and excellence. The constant re- positioning to make stock holders and the BOD happy makes for a stressful workplace where job security is not existant
Poor Atmosphere
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Marion, INOctober 13, 2014
Cons: micro management
I enjoyed my work with this company the first 2 years, but the management changed and it became one of micro management. I was glad to leave this company.
Director
Director (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: education perks
Cons: senior leadership and an industry under attack
Smart people, some sub par leadership, and not the best culture.
Great company, culture, and leardership
Senior Account Executive, Workforce Solutions (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, great training, ect.
Cons: upward mobility is limited
I have enjoyed working with Apollo Education Group for the past six years. The company has been very good to me and helped me gain skills and experience that will make me an asset to any organization.
Restructuring at the moment
National Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Three layoff rounds in less than a year. Avoid. There is a good amount of autonomy working out of the home but no job security as it turned out.

Apollo Education Group Salaries