Apollo Education Group Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere to work in
Cons: Leadership decisions
This past position at the University of Phoenix for me, was eventful and in the beginning interesting and quite fun at times. In later years the decisions by some cost many their jobs and great working environment.
Nice place to work (hopefully they keep it together).
Human Resources (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, great people, good and improving culture, work/life balance
Cons: stigma/bad image right now, ready-fire-aim mentality from time to time, company needs new vision/leadership
Great culture, great management, lots of smart and enthusiastic people.

If the company gets it together and figures out who they are and what they should be doing (being agile again), they will survive all the craziness going on right now.
Flexible work environment. Great work life balance. Fair compensation for an entry level office job.
Financial Aid Officer II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules, overtime opportunities, team oriented environment.
Cons: Not much room for advancement in this particular job, raises are blanketed across the department and are not based on performance.
Flexible work schedules, overtime opportunities, team oriented environment. Not much room for advancement in this particular job. Raises are blanketed across the department and are not based on performance.
I have a lot of wonderful memories, and many great achievments that are monumental in my life that may not have occurred elsewhere!
Enrollment Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: overdue acceptable compensation model
Cons: HC dropping and costs rising, being laid off only months after I received my final pay increase, excessive lay offs after thousands of employees go
Come into the office and get to my cubical where I log into my phone and computer systems. Plan on making plenty of outbound dials to potential and current students in an effort to enroll, retain, and support however necessary. Take some incoming calls of potential student that presently expressed interest in a degree of some sort, speak with them to discover what, why, and how this next step of – more... their life is necessary, and be the expert on the other line that helps them get from A to B while making each decision based on the facts and what's likely best for them. Hopefully at the end of each day I felt like I just didn't have enough time to get everything done, and that there was always someone calling and needing to be called keeping me busy and causing me to feel satisfied and necessary to the organization and the students lives I was helping.

I learned a lot about supporting other people and the importance of higher education in helping change the person's life earning the degree, but also how the ripple-effect of that choice may reach much wider than most of us think sometimes causing unexpected people to have changed the course of their life somehow as well.

I was pleasantly surprised at how most of my managers I was very happy with, and felt like they did an outstanding job on a regular basis.

Many of my co-workers were great to work with to say the least. I found many people that I not only enjoyed working with on the clock, but also found myself spending time with when I wasn't getting paid, which says a lot.

The hardest parts of my job was feeling like I could get let go at any time, because I had witnessed so many others get let go at random, and as I began to get large increases in my annual income, I felt like the ability to be seen as a disposable asset was also increasing along with my wages. So as I was happier and felt better about supporting my family with just my income, I also began to feel worried about relying on this money in case I too ended up having to search for employment elsewhere.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I was surrounded by daily. If I needed any of my students to get a hand with completing a step they are working on, or needed a ride somewhere, or even someone just to talk to for a minute, I always had someone, or usually even multiple people ready to jump in and help as soon as I gave the word. I also loved that I was able to get my Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's (if all goes as planned this next 12 months), without it costing my so many thousands of dollars in student loans. – less
no loyalty
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Paid time off, sick time and floating holidays. Full education comp. and health care.
Cons: If your maneger doesnt like you, watch out. I was luck and had a great one. Laid off with no warning
I loved my job there. It gave me a chance to create a life for me and my son. I am a single mother and worked there for over a year. Something is going on at the top of this organization. I was laid off randomly along with 100 other representatives with no warning. Would have been a great place to stay.
N/A
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: No room to advance and constant downsizing
 Working in a team dynamic with minimal supervision to effectively interact with coworkers and professionals ethically
 On a daily basis, setup personal daily operations and appointments to reach out to students and the enrollment process.
 Manage a database with over 1,000 potential students within a selected time frame to ensure strong organizational and time management skills to achieve deadlines
 Able to synthesize data and audit evidence within my day to day routine to reach conclusions for students
 Achieve monthly targets and trends for personal and team performance by utilizing windows, word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
 Assist in helping team members new or senior to cohesively reach targeted goals
Apollo Operations Center
Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2015
No day is typical, but what is consistent is managing resources for supporting Infrastructure Projects, supporting Release Teams and resolving High Priority Incidents.

I have learned the value of having a well documented environment for smooth operations.

Management has been a revolving door since I have been at Apollo which can bring it's own challenges.

My co-workers would be our Project and Release Teams and the many Business Units we support.

The hardest part of the job is communicating to Senior Management the challenges our Classroom Environment faces from a cost and IT standpoint, and the technological gaps that we have.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the supporting our students, providing tours for our students and the many wonderful people I work with.
Slow to change but great place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good work, smart people, cutting edge technology
Cons: Company slow to change and to respond to disruptions in the industry
Apollo Education is a great place to work, I learnt a lot, smart and talented people, and business really understands the online education space, compliance and regulations.

In recent years, the tide has changed and enrollments have been down year over year. Company has been slow to change, very focused on cost cutting rather than innovation and increasng revenue.
Great place tp work for, nice and pleasant environment.
Corporate Receptionist / Front Desk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2015
Responsible for opening and losing our office
Have a better understanding of Marketing/ Advertising
The best co-workers ever who are a joy to work with
Every day was a challenge , nothing was hard but rewarding
Going to work everyday was like a vacation, because I loved my job so much
Flexible with good benefits
Senior Academic Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZ and Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2015
This has been a good place to start my professional career. There have been a lot of structural changes in the last few years but has been a good experience in all.
Will provide summary later
Director of Engineering (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 8, 2015
Good place to work. Nice work-life balance.
Some teams have the opportunity learn the latest technologies.
Health benefits similar to other companies.
3 stars out of 5
Sr Director - Business Development (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 5, 2015
A solid company complicated by issues of being a large corporation - lack of clear communication, fragmented teams, etc.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Director, Brand Management (Current Employee), San FranciscoApril 8, 2015
Pros: Cont. Ed courses free
Cons: Health care insurance is fair, but limited
Strong leadership and great middle management
Coworkers are competent
Commute as a bit tough at times
Fast paced
Large and very layered company
Many stakeholders
Outside agency informative
It's not what you sell, it's how you listen that differentiates you from everyone else
Services Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 26, 2015
I work with a fantastic team always willing to support one another; not many people can enjoy success without a strong and dedicated team. Continuous leadership and sales training has allowed me to become a more trusted coach and valued partner to my clients. I have learned that many sales individuals focus too much on what they are selling instead of listening and understanding their clients goals. – more... Understanding client goals allows the sales person to find the best solution that will have the greatest impact on increasing revenue, decreasing expenses or both. The hardest part of the job can be navigating all the internal channels to ensure timely delivery of contracts, marketing materials, etc. Communicating with your team, making sure expectations and deadlines are known and not being afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed all help put the best solution in front of the client.

The best part of the job is interacting with the customers; I absolutely enjoy developing mutually beneficial relationships that serve as the foundation for long lasting partnerships. – less
Enjoyable culture
Sr. Recruiter (Contractor) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: telecommuting and on-site cafe
Cons: traffic during travel to and from office
Working here has been refreshing and fun. I like the people I work with and work for. I know my expectations and I am able to complete these and enjoy working with the hiring managers to bring in the qualified candidates to fill the job opportunities.
Culture has shifted
EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
For many years Apollo Education Group was an environment of open communications, opportunity and growth. This has changed.
Strong belief in our ability to be the front runner in adult education.
VP Engagement (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Pioneer in adult education and online education with a zest for bring real life experiences to the classroom. A true desire to change the life of adults willing to put in the time and efforts to secure their educational achievement and positively change their professional careers.
Sinking ship trying desperately to plug all of its holes.
IT Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on campus
Cons: unstable market, executive and sr. leadership do not communicate
With enrollment down and a less than stellar release of the flagship website in 2014 the company continues to cut operation expenses and headcount. New government regulations and a plethora of competition begs the questions; where is the bottom? Hopefully one day enrollment will even out and the non-US based business are able to fill the gap.
Good people to work with, nice compensation, but higher level mgmt (C level) was not good.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2015
Lots of flexibility, good benefits, and great team of co-workers. Hardest part was not having more say on what clients we could engage with (very tight restrictions).
Apollo review
Market Director- IA, MN, NE (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Great company to work for, tough times in leadership right now as they reinvent what higher education looks like.