Apollo Group

Apollo Group Employer Reviews

Great work environment but poor upper managemenent and overall vision
Finance Advisor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: poor upper management and no guidance of where the company was going
I worked for Apollo Group for almost almost 8 years until they downsized and laid me off. It was a love/hate relationship working for them. I loved the coworkers and the students I serviced. However, upper management could care less about the individual employees. The case loads were overwhelming and the pressure of the "terminology" they wanted us – more... to use was aggravating. There was no room for growth/advancement. The direct management was great. There was quite a bit of turnover in management, but they were great leaders and very supportive in their roles. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the collections part of the job with the rapport building and retention efforts. I felt the two should be split into two separate positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the counseling aspect of the position and getting to know the students and actually being a part of their success in their education. – less
Informational place work
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2014
Busy call center atmosphere
helping the students in anyway that I could was the best part of my job
Used to be great, but things changed
SR IT CAMPUS/DIVISION TECH (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: very little job security, management that doesn't care about people.
I enjoy what I do and I like the people I work with, but Apollo no longer has any job security. The last few years have seen massive layoffs each year, and outsourcing is becoming more popular among multiple departments. Management doesn't seem to care about the lower level employees.
Faculty Services are fun...
Senior Faculty Liaison - UOPX Academic Affairs (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2014
Pros: met my current wife there...that's it
Cons: i decline to comment
Central administration staff was required to work in an office to access all student an faculty materials most likely to satisfy any number of conditions stipulated by their many accrediting bodies. My primary role was to serve as a physical modicum of contact between faculty, students, and administration regarding governance issues pertaining but not – more... limited to: Family Education Rights Privacy Act, Americans Disabilities Act, student and faculty codes of conduct/academic integrity. I monitored the online classroom environment for user policy violations such as but not limited to: unauthorized user access, fraud, and criminal acts that require Apollo legal to work in cooperation with state or federal legal authorities. I assisted faculty teams by substantiating investigative reports in both student and faculty related issues. Subsequently, I would be the designated contact for students/faculty in remediation. Working in accordance with Apollo's Office of Dispute Management, I assisted faculty and administration during the integration of an online governance database that serves ground and online organizations. I learned the philosophical quagmire of when a student becomes a customer and vice versa. Management is not transparent. My co-workers were genial, but don't expect to make any long lasting relationships as the culture appears to be insulated and somewhat academically homogenized. Educators are often former students and they are most likely still employed as internal staff on either the University or Student services, which essentially converts staff into physical advertisements as a bonus and complicated legal hazards as a malus. Nothing was hard; however, performance goals were subjective and would often result in bias when leadership uses interpretative data in their rubric. I enjoyed and appreciated building rapport and managing interpersonal relationships within the organization. – less
Good Company
Associate Director of Finance Manage (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2014
Good company to work for, good, established training programs. At teh time I was there, there was plenty of room for advancement and ability to move around witht eh company.
they were good to me
Learning Consultant/Training Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2014
I got my first degree while working here and am grateful for the experience
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
The Apollo Education is a great company to work for. Apollo has great benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, health, dental, and paid time off.
Excellent Place to learn new technology
Senior Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2014
Excellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent – more... Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technologyExcellent Place to learn new technology – less
Apollo Group
System Administrator - Production Operations (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Extensive experience in systems administration of UNIX, RedHat Linux , Microsoft Windows, and Virtual Memory Ware systems in 24/7 enterprise environments. Experienced gained through a combination of college, vendor sponsored technical courses and on the job training.
I enjoyed this job, but there is no job security
Operation Center Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2014
I loved this job and enjoyed working everyday, but the company made
some poor choices and fired some really good people.

They only care about the bottom line.
Great people to work with!
Disbursement Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2013
Pros: fairly stress free environment
Cons: a bit too much micromanaging
Overall I really enjoyed working for Apollo Group. Everyone was very understanding and the management really tried to work with you and help to meet the production goals.
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Academic Counselor / Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: n/a
I learned how to managed 300-400 students on a monthly basis. Management was always available to assist with opportunity growth. Overall, I enjoyed assisting students understand the importance of education.
Days full of plenty of work and team projects
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: not enough training on the new product we have to implement.
Day to day check server heath schedule and repair problems found create VM for projects. Work with clients to resolve there server or app problems. Work with team members to help get there task completed on a timely bases. hardest part of the day is finding the resources you need because of team members being shifted to different departments. To end – more... the day by completing my daily tasks for the clients to ensure there happy with the environment they work in. – less
Company going through huge change
director marketing (Former Employee), san franciscoNovember 17, 2013
Pros: passionate dedicated workforce, emerging industry, opportunity for change
Cons: constant redirection, change, poor hr, poor benefits package, cost cutting damaging innovation
great example of company in turmoil-- downsizing and projects cancelled two months after they have started. Senior executives uneven in skills and expertise running a company this size. Still a long way to go to turn the corner against competition from state schoools with better brands and lower cost community colleges. Other for profits are some competition, – more... but the real threat is traditional schools and MOOCs.
Hardest part of job: riding waves of change in business strategy, poor execution and poor communication from executives
best part of job: passion and commitment of most all staff for students – less
Opportunity to grow both in many areas.
Senior Finance Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2013
Through the seven years I have developed my own skills as well as others to obtain their own goals. Through this process, it has helped to assisting others in obtaining their goals of obtaining an education. The position can be high stress at times, but the reward comes in seeing people obtain what they thought was unattainable.
I would never encourage anyone to work at this place.
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: decent salary, great coworkers and students
Cons: management lacks eq, inexperienced managers and leadership, organization lacks direction, unstable, ever-changing and clique like environment
I was a Student Support Specialist in San Diego, CA, and it was the worst working environment I have ever worked in. I firmly believe it starts with leadership and since leadership is very weak and inexperienced, the organization will continue to suffer. They have lost great employees due to their sabotaging work tactics and lack of transparency. If – more... you are considering working for this organization, I firmly recommend that you connect with someone that is currently there so you can learn about the organization before you dive in. – less
Productive challenging environment
Executive Student Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaNovember 5, 2013
 Worked with over 400 students on a yearly basis guiding them to success in their chosen degree program.
 Paid very close attention to making creative business and student focus decisions, leading to a cost effective and productive environment.
 Actively participated in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admissions recommendations – more... when required to do so.
 Financially planned, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produced financial reports.
 Advised students on issues such as course selection, future and current financial obligations, helped student’s progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
 Promoted the university by participating in the community, state, and national events or meetings, and by developing partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions.
 Assess and collect tuition and fees
 Direct activities of administrative departments such as admissions, registration, and career services.
 Embracing innovation working in a constant fast changing environments leading to the professional that I am today by formulating strategic plans for the institution. – less
exciting environment working with team of 12 from outside intrusions.
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: learning new it security software
Cons: not applicable
A typical day included an hour of daily IT security training when work with team on priority security intrusion alerts. I would then sit at my desk and monitor network traffic.

The team I worked with was very disciplined in our jobs, but we also had fun. We would order food and play some games to keep us working as a consistent and successful team.
Wonderful Experience
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay scale where impressive, watching students you enrolled graduate.
Cons: students dropping out
The training from this employment gave me lifelong tools into which I can tap into peoples motivation and develop lasting personal relationships. Team environment with encouragement from management to be successful in daily task. Hardest part of job was the cold calling can be a little frustrating when not reaching potential student's. But management – more... had many resourceful tools to break up the melancholy. co-workers very driven and supportive to one another. – less
Oracle Database Administrator II (Current Employee), phoenix, azOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free break fasts and fruits
Cons: very low job security
every day is typical day at work. They will make you hard work and don't recognize your work even you did high roles and finally they will make you go out of the company.

1 2 3 4

About Apollo Group

Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the – Read more