Apollo Group Employee Reviews

Easy job and good pay but no room for advancement.
Senior Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
There was no room for advancement and the day to day tasks got to be really monotonous. A lot of the students were difficult to work with as well.
Pros
Good pay, easy job.
Cons
Upper level management is awful and there is no room for growth.
Great Culture and Ethics
Business Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 30, 2015
Loved working for this company it was the most awesome and life changing Experience. Truly a company to promote you to the next level, challenge you to change with change.
Pros
Very competitive Salary beautiful work Environment.
Cons
Wish I could have been there for ever.
Apollo Education Group Inc - University of Phoenix
Contact Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
Apollo used to be a great place to work. I started there in 2008 and my employment ended in 2015. I held four different positions while there and while it is easy to be moved from department to department you have to be in the good 'ole boys network to do so. Apollo used to show their employees that they cared and would do their best to motivate you; however, over the years the morale has exponentially declined.
Depends on Division and manager
Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
Excellent Benefits Package. Hardest part of job-Insecure work environment with quarterly lay-offs. Management in each team determines the work environment. Enjoyable part of job-In my particular division, jeans were allowed everyday. Team builders
Great Place - Great Benefits
Senior Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2015
Worked there for almost 10 years and really liked it. Great benefits and the management staff I reported to was great! I will miss working there.
Fun and family like work place with supportive management
Disbursement/Refund Officer/ Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzOctober 3, 2015
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Apollo group
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive middle management. Care about personal growth and development. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
great cafe
Competitive Pay
Financial Aid/Disbursement Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2015
Working at Apollo Group has opened many doors to success. Being apart of this team enables skills and impacts in everyday life.
Pros
Pay, Schedule, Growth
Cons
Location, job security
This was a new position that had little guidance
Corporate Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
This was a new position that had little guidance. It was fun to work with my superiors to develop job tools and procedures for future training and job definition. This was a great position that encouraged creativity and free thinking. I really felt like I was a part of something great in this position.
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
We took inbound/outbound calls all day from current and future students. My coworkers and supervisor were mostly fun. Overall it was a good experience. I learned a lot.
Purchasing Agent
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Establish and maintain safety stocks and lot sizes using guidelines from the Inventory Policy Manual. Perform SAP PO maintenance as required (PO closing, material pricing updates, OA updates, PO Change, Communicates with engineering, production and Quality personnel to generate Request for Quotations for new or modified parts.
productive and fun place to work
Customer service Tech support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2014
I love the company and I enjoy working with my team and helping out our students.
N/a
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2014
Free schooling while employed. Thinking about going back to work for UoPhx
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Educational Environment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Building relationships with senior leadership to make decisions about which enterprise projects would be viable to manage. Education is heavily regulated by the state and federal government. My co-workers were mainly offsite working with their internal clients on business initiatives. The hardest part of this position was not knowing what changes senior leadership would make concerning my recommendation to proceed or not with a project. Fact-based decisions was not a strong point of this senior management team. Mostly resulting in failed projects and/or sunk costs because of prematurely halting a project. The most enjoyable part was learning how to maneuver in an organization with these kinds of constraints.
Pros
good medical benefits and healthy cafe
Cons
lack of stability and vision for the organization
Great work life balance
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
This company has a great work life balance .
But very inconsistent in the way they do things. and know for having layoffs all the time
not the best place
Financial Advisor / AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  tempe, azSeptember 15, 2014
realy do I have to do a review for each of my employers to aplie for one job.
Loved this position
Military Admissions Counselor, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2014
This was one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had. I enjoyed my supervisors and you couldn't ask for a better customer to support
N/a
International Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2014
Day to Day phone calls with students on trying to help them enroll into school.
Great work environment but poor upper managemenent and overall vision
Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 3, 2014
I worked for Apollo Group for almost almost 8 years until they downsized and laid me off. It was a love/hate relationship working for them. I loved the coworkers and the students I serviced. However, upper management could care less about the individual employees. The case loads were overwhelming and the pressure of the "terminology" they wanted us to use was aggravating. There was no room for growth/advancement. The direct management was great. There was quite a bit of turnover in management, but they were great leaders and very supportive in their roles. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the collections part of the job with the rapport building and retention efforts. I felt the two should be split into two separate positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the counseling aspect of the position and getting to know the students and actually being a part of their success in their education.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
poor upper management and no guidance of where the company was going
Informational place work
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2014
Busy call center atmosphere
helping the students in anyway that I could was the best part of my job

2.6