Apollo Group Employer Reviews

Apollo Group
System Administrator - Production Operations (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Extensive experience in systems administration of UNIX, RedHat Linux , Microsoft Windows, and Virtual Memory Ware systems in 24/7 enterprise environments. Experienced gained through a combination of college, vendor sponsored technical courses and on the job training.
I enjoyed this job, but there is no job security
Operation Center Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2014
I loved this job and enjoyed working everyday, but the company made
some poor choices and fired some really good people.

They only care about the bottom line.
Great people to work with!
Disbursement Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2013
Pros: fairly stress free environment
Cons: a bit too much micromanaging
Overall I really enjoyed working for Apollo Group. Everyone was very understanding and the management really tried to work with you and help to meet the production goals.
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Academic Counselor / Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: n/a
I learned how to managed 300-400 students on a monthly basis. Management was always available to assist with opportunity growth. Overall, I enjoyed assisting students understand the importance of education.
Days full of plenty of work and team projects
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: not enough training on the new product we have to implement.
Day to day check server heath schedule and repair problems found create VM for projects. Work with clients to resolve there server or app problems. Work with team members to help get there task completed on a timely bases. hardest part of the day is finding the resources you need because of team members being shifted to different departments. To end – more... the day by completing my daily tasks for the clients to ensure there happy with the environment they work in. – less
Company going through huge change
director marketing (Former Employee), san franciscoNovember 17, 2013
Pros: passionate dedicated workforce, emerging industry, opportunity for change
Cons: constant redirection, change, poor hr, poor benefits package, cost cutting damaging innovation
great example of company in turmoil-- downsizing and projects cancelled two months after they have started. Senior executives uneven in skills and expertise running a company this size. Still a long way to go to turn the corner against competition from state schoools with better brands and lower cost community colleges. Other for profits are some competition, – more... but the real threat is traditional schools and MOOCs.
Hardest part of job: riding waves of change in business strategy, poor execution and poor communication from executives
best part of job: passion and commitment of most all staff for students – less
Opportunity to grow both in many areas.
Senior Finance Counselor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2013
Through the seven years I have developed my own skills as well as others to obtain their own goals. Through this process, it has helped to assisting others in obtaining their goals of obtaining an education. The position can be high stress at times, but the reward comes in seeing people obtain what they thought was unattainable.
I would never encourage anyone to work at this place.
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: decent salary, great coworkers and students
Cons: management lacks eq, inexperienced managers and leadership, organization lacks direction, unstable, ever-changing and clique like environment
I was a Student Support Specialist in San Diego, CA, and it was the worst working environment I have ever worked in. I firmly believe it starts with leadership and since leadership is very weak and inexperienced, the organization will continue to suffer. They have lost great employees due to their sabotaging work tactics and lack of transparency. If – more... you are considering working for this organization, I firmly recommend that you connect with someone that is currently there so you can learn about the organization before you dive in. – less
Productive challenging environment
Executive Student Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaNovember 5, 2013
 Worked with over 400 students on a yearly basis guiding them to success in their chosen degree program.
 Paid very close attention to making creative business and student focus decisions, leading to a cost effective and productive environment.
 Actively participated in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admissions recommendations – more... when required to do so.
 Financially planned, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produced financial reports.
 Advised students on issues such as course selection, future and current financial obligations, helped student’s progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
 Promoted the university by participating in the community, state, and national events or meetings, and by developing partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions.
 Assess and collect tuition and fees
 Direct activities of administrative departments such as admissions, registration, and career services.
 Embracing innovation working in a constant fast changing environments leading to the professional that I am today by formulating strategic plans for the institution. – less
exciting environment working with team of 12 from outside intrusions.
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: learning new it security software
Cons: not applicable
A typical day included an hour of daily IT security training when work with team on priority security intrusion alerts. I would then sit at my desk and monitor network traffic.

The team I worked with was very disciplined in our jobs, but we also had fun. We would order food and play some games to keep us working as a consistent and successful team.
Wonderful Experience
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay scale where impressive, watching students you enrolled graduate.
Cons: students dropping out
The training from this employment gave me lifelong tools into which I can tap into peoples motivation and develop lasting personal relationships. Team environment with encouragement from management to be successful in daily task. Hardest part of job was the cold calling can be a little frustrating when not reaching potential student's. But management – more... had many resourceful tools to break up the melancholy. co-workers very driven and supportive to one another. – less
Oracle Database Administrator II (Current Employee), phoenix, azOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free break fasts and fruits
Cons: very low job security
every day is typical day at work. They will make you hard work and don't recognize your work even you did high roles and finally they will make you go out of the company.
Apollo Group
Senior Director, Business Transformation (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2013
Mainly driven my U of Phoenix culture. Very inbred, not a lot of new thinking. Experts hired in not listened to as experts.
Excellent work environment along with professional / capable personnel
Technical Editor / Writer Contractor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2013
Working at Apollo Group was an experience in professional excellence with reference to Managers and Co-workers.
production based work
Certification Officer II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2013
co-workers are great. Management is awesome. However, no room for advancement.
Great school/product but the ship is listing terribly in the bad weather.
Project Manager I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: tuition benefits
Cons: reductions in projects and workforce; no opportunities for advancement
This is a great company to work for mainly because of the tuition benefits and many learning opportunities from the job itself. I have developed a great camaraderie with my teams, regardless of their location.
The culture has changed dramatically and the amount of projects are declining, however. The company and the school are not going away but both – more... will be much smaller in time. The issues with enrollment practices from years prior are still hitting them in the face today. – less
University of Phoenix Office of Admissions and Records department
Student Admissions Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules
• Matriculate potential students’ applications
• Handle travel arrangements (International and Domestic), scheduling of meetings, processing Expense Reports
• Reconcile credit card charges to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement and verified payments
• Copying, filing and general administrative support. Assisted with other duties as requested
 – more... Order and maintain office supplies
• Coordinate a number of administrative activities in this busy environment
o Create, edit and maintain electronic and written communication.
o Process incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information.
• Implement data entry tasks in the university’s automated database
• Facilitate work load to team – less
Work Environment
Outbound Contact Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
The work environment is a call center. When I am at work I make outbound calls to potential students(people who have inquired with the school). Once I have someone on the phone, I qualify them by verifying information then connect them to an adviser.

One thing this job has done for me is it has developed my costumer service skills. I am able to recognize – more... peoples concerns and assist them by telling them the benefits of the University of Phoenix. I also feel comfortable with making phone calls and knowing what I am going to talk about with a potential student.

My manager and co-workers at University of Phoenix are extremely helpful. Anytime I have a questions or need help with a problem or situation, they are always there to help me. – less
Working for this company was very rewarding both professionally and financially.
Workforce Solutions Market Manager (Former Employee), RemoteAugust 28, 2013
The latter part of my career with Apollo Group allowed me to work remotely with about 25% travel. I enjoyed having the opportunity to develop future leaders in the organization as well as serve as a resource to my colleagues and mentees. The leaders within the organization of whom I had the privilege of working with allowed me to use my own judgment, – more... creativity and decision making skills to lead my own team which was an added benefit for me. I would have to say that I built long lasting friendships over the years with my colleagues because we collaborated often to make sure our teams were successful as well as our department. I would say the hardest part of my time there was when an employee had no desire to excel no matter how much support, confidence and assistance I provided.
The most enjoyable part of my job was developing people. – less
Company whose business model is in distress
Senior Director- IT Portfolio Management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Work environment is very immature.
co-workers vary- mostly are unused to being collaborative
Leadership is unstable, 3 CIOs in last 3 years

1 2 3 4

About Apollo Group

Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the – Read more