Apollo Group Employer Reviews

Productive challenging environment
Executive Student Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix ArizonaNovember 5, 2013
 Worked with over 400 students on a yearly basis guiding them to success in their chosen degree program.
 Paid very close attention to making creative business and student focus decisions, leading to a cost effective and productive environment.
 Actively participated in student recruitment, selection, and admission, making admissions recommendations – more... when required to do so.
 Financially planned, administer, and control budgets, maintain financial records, and produced financial reports.
 Advised students on issues such as course selection, future and current financial obligations, helped student’s progress toward graduation, and career decisions.
 Promoted the university by participating in the community, state, and national events or meetings, and by developing partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions.
 Assess and collect tuition and fees
 Direct activities of administrative departments such as admissions, registration, and career services.
 Embracing innovation working in a constant fast changing environments leading to the professional that I am today by formulating strategic plans for the institution. – less
exciting environment working with team of 12 from outside intrusions.
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: learning new it security software
Cons: not applicable
A typical day included an hour of daily IT security training when work with team on priority security intrusion alerts. I would then sit at my desk and monitor network traffic.

The team I worked with was very disciplined in our jobs, but we also had fun. We would order food and play some games to keep us working as a consistent and successful team.
Wonderful Experience
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay scale where impressive, watching students you enrolled graduate.
Cons: students dropping out
The training from this employment gave me lifelong tools into which I can tap into peoples motivation and develop lasting personal relationships. Team environment with encouragement from management to be successful in daily task. Hardest part of job was the cold calling can be a little frustrating when not reaching potential student's. But management – more... had many resourceful tools to break up the melancholy. co-workers very driven and supportive to one another. – less
Oracle Database Administrator II (Current Employee), phoenix, azOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free break fasts and fruits
Cons: very low job security
every day is typical day at work. They will make you hard work and don't recognize your work even you did high roles and finally they will make you go out of the company.
Apollo Group
Senior Director, Business Transformation (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2013
Mainly driven my U of Phoenix culture. Very inbred, not a lot of new thinking. Experts hired in not listened to as experts.
Excellent work environment along with professional / capable personnel
Technical Editor / Writer Contractor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2013
Working at Apollo Group was an experience in professional excellence with reference to Managers and Co-workers.
production based work
Certification Officer II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2013
co-workers are great. Management is awesome. However, no room for advancement.
Great school/product but the ship is listing terribly in the bad weather.
Project Manager I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: tuition benefits
Cons: reductions in projects and workforce; no opportunities for advancement
This is a great company to work for mainly because of the tuition benefits and many learning opportunities from the job itself. I have developed a great camaraderie with my teams, regardless of their location.
The culture has changed dramatically and the amount of projects are declining, however. The company and the school are not going away but both – more... will be much smaller in time. The issues with enrollment practices from years prior are still hitting them in the face today. – less
University of Phoenix Office of Admissions and Records department
Student Admissions Administrator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules
• Matriculate potential students’ applications
• Handle travel arrangements (International and Domestic), scheduling of meetings, processing Expense Reports
• Reconcile credit card charges to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement and verified payments
• Copying, filing and general administrative support. Assisted with other duties as requested
 – more... Order and maintain office supplies
• Coordinate a number of administrative activities in this busy environment
o Create, edit and maintain electronic and written communication.
o Process incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information.
• Implement data entry tasks in the university’s automated database
• Facilitate work load to team – less
Work Environment
Outbound Contact Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
The work environment is a call center. When I am at work I make outbound calls to potential students(people who have inquired with the school). Once I have someone on the phone, I qualify them by verifying information then connect them to an adviser.

One thing this job has done for me is it has developed my costumer service skills. I am able to recognize – more... peoples concerns and assist them by telling them the benefits of the University of Phoenix. I also feel comfortable with making phone calls and knowing what I am going to talk about with a potential student.

My manager and co-workers at University of Phoenix are extremely helpful. Anytime I have a questions or need help with a problem or situation, they are always there to help me. – less
Working for this company was very rewarding both professionally and financially.
Workforce Solutions Market Manager (Former Employee), RemoteAugust 28, 2013
The latter part of my career with Apollo Group allowed me to work remotely with about 25% travel. I enjoyed having the opportunity to develop future leaders in the organization as well as serve as a resource to my colleagues and mentees. The leaders within the organization of whom I had the privilege of working with allowed me to use my own judgment, – more... creativity and decision making skills to lead my own team which was an added benefit for me. I would have to say that I built long lasting friendships over the years with my colleagues because we collaborated often to make sure our teams were successful as well as our department. I would say the hardest part of my time there was when an employee had no desire to excel no matter how much support, confidence and assistance I provided.
The most enjoyable part of my job was developing people. – less
Company whose business model is in distress
Senior Director- IT Portfolio Management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Work environment is very immature.
co-workers vary- mostly are unused to being collaborative
Leadership is unstable, 3 CIOs in last 3 years
Fast paced outbound calls
Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2013
Call potential students who has shown interest in furthering their education. persuade them to take the next step after answering question and giving information.
Log appropriate information into computer system while speaking with potential student, and quickly return to the dialer after the call is done.
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: have to log in and out for lunch, breaks, meetings, all day long
I enjoy the culture of this organization. Family oriented. I have grown professionally with this company; and work well with my team. It's unfortunate that there is no room for advancement.
Great work enviornment
Help Desk Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great values, benefits, go to school for free
Cons: driving to work, want more time with family and want to travel more
I am not looking to leave my company because I do not like it, but looking for additional income with a part time telecommute position. If a position does provide the compensation I receive now I will be willing to make a change.
Lead graphic designer (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 1, 2013
Poor management and insufficient software.
There is no room for growth in the company and you must play the politics game for a lateral position.
You are in a team atmosphere where everyone is helpful whether they are on your team or not.
Inbound Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2013
Good First Coperate job
Academic Counselor, Student and Sales Services (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2013
Pros: gym, cafe
Cons: call center, no growth for movemenet
Over all, this is a great first entry level job, but little room for growth. This job allowed me for a free education and a chance to enter the cooperate world on a good note. I have learned how to use time management, customer service, and sales experience. Throughout my day at work will consist of being on the phone with students retaining them in – more... class. – less
Fun atmosphere, always change and progressive opportunity.
Senior Enrollment Counselor - Admin Healthcare (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2013
Pros: too many to list
Cons: quantity vs. quality
Start of day begins with reaching out to students 100 to 120 dials in the morning. After dials I return all emails and voice mails in the order they were received. Further prospecting, retention calls are made, including taking warm transfer calls. All urgent issues are extinguished as prompt as possible with extreme professionalism. Consistent graduation – more... team cohesion was important for student success and retention.
I learned that as a large fortune 500 company we were still a school and should always keep the students best interest in mind above our own opinions and beliefs, its their degree after all.

Management was open to our progression and encouraging in advancement. My co workers were my favorite part of the job, we all had a common goal in mind for the students well being.
The hardest part of the job was telling students that did not qualify that they could not attend the university.

Campus challenges and co workers were my favorite part of the job, including the extra curricular activities like salsa challenges etc. – less
Great teams to work with
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2013
Co workers are mostly scholars and is plaesent to help people achieve life objectives.
Being a for profit institution sometimes ideals collide with objectives

About Apollo Group

Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the – Read more