Apollo Health Street Employee Reviews

Work like slaves
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 25, 2013
This place is very VERY unprofessional. Management treats employees like children and not professionals. Craziest work place I've ever worked for. Working enivornment is chaotic. There is nothing enjoyable about this place.
-Management constantly talked about "how she has a mortgage and bills to pay" as if none of us have a mortgage and bills every month.
-Can't use a cell unless you go up to her work booth to let her know if we can take phone calls. (CRAZY!!!)
-Can't talk while working (FULL 8 hours) CRAZY again!!!
-Can't laugh out loud.
-Can't make conversations with team leads, or they'll go and tell management, you're being sarcastic (complete opposite of what your intentions are)!!!
-There is a dress code (not even the manager or team leads follow any of them) Crazy again right?
-This place is the just plain CRAZY!
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
everything you can think of
Great place to learn and work
Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 1, 2011
Apollo Health Street is a great place to work very friendly co-worker and a great management team. Apollo offers a great benefit plan and they are very flexible with working with you if you need time off. Apollo works with you and encourages you to continue education they offer tuition reimbursement and they have paid certification training that you can do online at your own pace.
Pros
work from home, healthcare, tuition reimbursement, paid certification training
Cons
na
Update demographic and verifying patient insurance for proper billing
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Consult patients and prepare financial statement for them according on their income proper documentation would be complete, charity care, or other type of government asst. would be provided if qualify. Financial maintenance and light book keeping.
Assist patient with billing questions or financial concerns, generate bills to current insurance carrier analyzed exception report list.
Fun,serious,happy,friendly and a lot of teamwork
Account Rep. (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 26, 2012
Answering phones, what I learned about this job is pay your bills so bill collectors won't call lol,the maganment was understanding,friendly and a boss,my coworkers were fun,joyous,helpful and inspiring,the hardest part of the job was getting customers that was actually willing to cooperate and pay there bill,the most joyful part of the job was my coworkers and the customers.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
working every other saturday
No one really communicated with one another
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJune 18, 2014
The work was fast past never slow. The phones ring constantly but that was the part that I loved the most. I learned to work with computers much faster and how to communicate with each patient/person that called. There where no health benefits. They did not work with you when it came to family, if someone in your family got hurt they wouldn't care they would not let you leave work.
Pros
fast working place
Cons
no healthcare
Productive and friendly workplace
Help Desk Professional (Former Employee) –  Americus, GASeptember 8, 2012
A normal day at this Job, I had to log in to the phone to answer call to help users with their needs, Check for email that need it to be resolved. I learned how to work with others as a team, co-workers where always there to help everyone.. The hardest part of my job was my schedule... Enjoyed a lot talking with people from a lot of diferent countries and be able to help to resolve their issues over the phone.
Fun filled environment without growth
Process Associate, Voice (Former Employee) –  Banjara Hills, HyderabadSeptember 1, 2013
work was fun except for the fact that it were night shifts and I lost all my contacts with friends and family. Learnt to work hard, think out of the box and also to maintain a good rapport with anyone or everyone whom I meet. Me and my colleagues always had a great time in and out of the office. The problem was that there is no proper growth for people who work hard.
Non Productive Workplace
Processing Associate-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCDecember 5, 2013
On-site manager was not helpful and I had to learn new systems on my own. We were not allowed to ask others for help. It was a very unhealthy and non productive worksite. On site Manager was very loud on the work floor and unprofessional.
Pros
vp would take us out to dinner and treat us to what we wanted.
Cons
poor on-site management. ethics and team spirit were discouraged.
Very productive and fun place to work at.
Benefit Audit Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 20, 2013
I learned a lot about the Health Care system in Apollo Health Street, since my background before joining the company was mainly in the Cargo Industry. Working with this employer I am gladly to add it to my resume it is a plus.
Pros
flexible schedule, commute to work was great no hassle, met the most wonderful people that i now can call friends.
productivity
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
Very poor management- Some managers had no clue as to what need to be done to improve productivity, and play faviortisum with employees, which put employees against each other, and no one trust the other person. When management listen to employee talking to them about another employee it creates nothing but problems, and productivity drops big time.

Want to know more about Apollo Health Street?

Ask a question
I learned how to Audit and review health insurances for Horizon Blue Shiled
Benefit Audit Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 30, 2015
The job was very challenging at the beginning. All co-workers we were able to help one another with completing our tasks. Overall our department only took care of Horizon Blue Shield accounts and had to get trained for the job.
Pros
benefits, competitave pay
Cons
lay-off!!!!
Open door policy. Collegues are team players and knowledgable of the company history and service they provide.
Bilingual-Spanish Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 20, 2012
This was a very small company unfortunately the divison folded as of this present time I do not know if they are still in business.
Pros
celebrate hard-working accomplishments
Cons
short breaks and no lunch cafeteria.
After working for a company that has been sold more than three times, the company lost its humanity.
On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 14, 2015
Newer management proved time and time again to be incompetent with no vision or knowledge. The company is downsizing and getting smaller every year because they can not secure new contracts.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Micro management, bad leadership
I thought Apollo Health Street was a Great Company. I enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, the PA office closed down and I was layed off.
A/R Recovery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 22, 2013
Pros
learning new systems and project processes
Cons
job stability
Fun work place because of Employees
Client Service Representative, Provider Services (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield NJApril 17, 2015
Management is horrible. they Don't listen to employees nor do they care about anyones feeling. They are out to get you and make you get fired or laid off
Pros
Empoyees are fun and lunches are long
Cons
I worked with Apollo for years and enjoyed every year of employment.
Accounts Receivable/Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 5, 2014
I learned a lot at Apollo and had the opportunity to share and teach what I learned to new employees. It would be a great pleasure to be able to work with that company again.
Small companies trying to be big companies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2013
Great place to work if you have the right managers; terrible if you don't. Information presented is not always what it appears to be; watch your back.
Pros
great clients, interesting work
Cons
too focused on maintaining the status quo
Too top heavy and no integrity
Service Desk Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 24, 2012
Leadership was overpaid for the value added. The company kept people around by making promises they had no intention of keeping.
Pros
i got to work from home.
Cons
i lost that home over broken promise.
Computer support Call Center
Call Center Professional/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 16, 2014
Was a good place to work at. High pressure, fast paced call center environment.
Pros
high pressure fast paced enviroment
Cons
most contracts went over-sea in company down-sizing
Too Many Company Changes
Outpatient Commercial Insurance Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2013
There wasn't room for advancement, favoritism shown to specific employees, no good raises, no HR in the office...I could go on & on! I wouldn't refer too many people to the company.