Apollo Retail Specialists Employee Reviews

Fun work at your own pace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Freelance private contract work, great job to have if you like to travel, the pay is great. You meet people from everywhere, they pay for hotel stay if you're traveling
Pros
Pay
Cons
Maybe out of work for weeks waiting on contracts in your area
No hours, Slow response from management.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 5, 2017
I've been employed there for 4 months and have only had 1 assignment - 3-4 hours per MONTH. The paperwork you need to print to complete the job cost you more than the job pays.
Pros
Cons
very few hours per month
Stay away
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 26, 2017
LIED to me about several things when hiring on, including mileage/travel pay. Poor management. For the assembly part they have a set amount of time you get paid for depending on what your assembling(chairs, desks, shelves) instead of an hourly wage. But they don't give you enough time so you end up spending 2 hours assembling but only get paid for an hour or whatever depending on your speed any the item your assembling, but even when I was assembling stuff with my trainer and we were both putting together separate items we still ended up taking longer than apollo's "listed time". Also have to do a ton of "paperwork" online when your done. You also have to provide your own tools which is stupid for how little work their is. I also don't understand why office depot even pays them to do this work when they could easily do it themselves.

Terrible company with terrible practices
Pros
work alone, no supervision
Cons
most everything else
Okay
Merchandiser and builder (Former Employee) –  United statesJuly 18, 2017
there was work it was none stop but it would stop withno warning u had to call managment and find out if there was work. Never worked with same people
Would have to travel for work milage rate sucked
Pros
Good work
Cons
Never get to work with same people
Worst managers ever. Very unethical practices.
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2017
No benefits and no vacation days. Unethical and unreasonable management. Must make up for holidays or work. Would never work for management like that.
Pros
Cons
Managers. No days off or benefits
work available 9 months of year average
Team Lead I (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 18, 2017
I have been working for apollo since 2007 . Work available except during holidays . Most of the time local work ,but then there is travel . Gone extensively from home . The worst side is no paid vacations or holidays . Forgot to mention only have got one whole dollar raise.
Pros
travel
Cons
no paid holidays, no paid vacations, no fun outings . only office employees
Great place!
Talent Resource Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
Apollo treats us very well; great benefits and paid time off program. Would really love to see them consider child care options for parents and also consider a four ten-hour day work week to enhance work/life balance.
Pros
Great environemnt, positivety, Pto
Cons
Lack of advancement
On call as needed
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 9, 2017
This was an on call as needed job with traveling often required. It also paid piece rate, not salary, at my entry level.

The job near my location required personnel able to lift repeatedly and constantly throughout the day 75 lbs. or more to move heavy fixtures, and to be able to do this for months at a time.
I was unable to meet the lifting requirements at that time.

Very professional, well-put together work, as well as very physical.

Excellent travel requirements; they are worldwide. The benefits were good.
Great work/life balance.
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
I've worked for a lot of companies and this job has been the most accommodating when it comes to doctors appts, picking up the kids in emergencies, ect. Management seems to care about the overall well being of people here as well which is very good. They have fun monthly activities and have bbq events, fun holiday parties. I like the work that I do and everyone is easy to get a long with. Work hard, dont goof off, stay away from the office gossipers (they're at every company), and you'll love it here!
Pros
Good benefits, Fun events
Cons
Not as many paid holidays as other companies but they're working on it
good company
Merchandiser/Team Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Apollo, I started out doing merchandising and left as a project manager, they recognize talent and help promote and cultivate that talent.
Pros
great pay/benefits
Cons
long time awy from home
Lots of Travel
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  USAApril 25, 2017
Your never in the same place very long. Your always changing on what your doing. Every day every month is different. Got to travel to a lot of different places
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Could have paid better
Rather not write a summary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I would rather not give a review. I do not recommend this company nor do I refer anyone to them. Out of all companies I have worked for, this by far, has been the worst.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
face paced work
Reatil Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2017
the work is good as long as your willing to travel. A very decent company no benefits though and mainly temporary work. they do pay mileage but thats it other hourly pay.
Pros
nice people good pay
Cons
travel alot
RUN as fast as you can
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 22, 2017
RUN as fast as you can. CPM is the worst company, that make you do things that no other merchandising companies wont to do.
RUN and stay away
No worth working at this company for the small hourly wage
Pros
No longer work for CPM
Cons
Abustive Districk Manager
Excellent company to work for!!!
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2017
outstanding looking for employment now . Great team leading , and fast paced environment. Apollo Retail is a good company and professional staff excellent support
Prodictive fun work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
Since I've worked there give made great money traveled around the u.s. they pay mileage,and per Dem. You get to meet different people from all over. But some times you home for a couple of months.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Always working
Helped move shelfs and restock them in the stores. Build counters and prepared the store for the grand opening
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaFebruary 6, 2017
We would help the stores move shelf's and counters they have already built. We help them stock an straighten up the shelf's an make them presentable for customers the next day. We also build shelf's an counters for them. All to help for there grand reopening.
Pros
Predem, traveling
Cons
Cool job for a road warrior
Installer (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 24, 2017
This job allowed me to travel and experience life on the road while making a good living too. The team members and the types of jobs are and fun and challenging.
Terrible company to work for. Excellent for advancement opportunities.
District Manager/Field Ops Mgr (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2016
Many of the management team lack common knowledge and have only acquired their positions through time spent with the company. This leads for a completely one-minded management team with little to no room for improvement. Terrible balance for work and life. Terrible compensation for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect.
Quick busy work place long hours
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2016
Store remodels replacing all shelving and displays, use of many hand and power tools including grinder, saws all, hammer drill eat.
Most remodel Lowe's lighting and tool section put up new product and displays according to plannagrams
Pros
Paid travel and hotel
Cons
Sent veey far away from home, up to 12 hours driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7