Apollo Retail Employee Reviews

Work hard and at a criteria rate.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDNovember 19, 2016
A typical day at work is striving my work hard abilities and wanting to achieve what necessary to bring the company/bussiness to a higher level of exellence
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long break
Great Job for College Kids not for a family guy
Assembler/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 2, 2016
Great Job for College Kids not for a family guy only way you will make a descent amount of pay is that you work Lowes 5 days a week and getting paid by pieces does not put food on the table.
Pros
great customers
Cons
different managers every 3 months
great place to work
Assembly installer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2015
work as an assembler in Lowes stores all around Ga. installing ceiling fans light fixtures and keeping the lighting dept lit up in all Lowes stores
Pros
work alone meet nrew people
Cons
Work with little if any supervision.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton Pa.June 26, 2015
As part of my daily work schedule I set planograms and build displays in the Fashion Lighting Dept. within Lowe's stores. I receive my work orders the night before my store visit. I work a scheduled week visiting the same 4 stores every other week; 8 hours per day. I work alone without any other co-workers. Average travel to each store is a half hour.
Hardest part of my job is working around customers, hanging lighting displays and ceiling fans while customers are shopping requires a constant knowledge of who is around you at all times.
I own my own tools, computer, digital camera and cell phone; some of which are used while working at my job.
Cons
Lack of reviews, raises, visits by District Managers, any benifits.
this job travel, pay for your stay at hotels your per dem, you get to meet differnt people and work with different crews
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2015
during the shift M-F we went to store to take down shelves and remove merchandise to give store a new look that causes the merchandise to be sold we would stay in hotel rooms going to Lake Charles and variety of places.
Was once not bad, my last experience was terrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAMay 7, 2015
The work was great, merchandising is my favorite job I have ever had. I moonlighted here whilst working for their main competitor "full-time" to truly be full time. I was a Team Lead, leading a crew of 2-3 others.

Management was Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, I loved some managers, and loathed talking to others. I only ever met a manager once, and the company was CSA and IONsmart before becoming Apollo. They were an extremely disorganized company when I worked for them. I will address this issue later.

My co-workers were hand-picked by me, because of favors/accepting difficult jobs I did for the company/management, so they were good.

The hardest part of the job was getting work. I had to respond to emails first to get the work. As I previously mentioned, I accepted difficult work no one else accepted, and asked for management to run work lists by me first so I could pick the work I wanted to do with the crew I selected, and they approved because I proved to be a go-to person.

They then went through management lay-offs, likely due to poor workers they employed, because much of what I did was fix mistakes. And I did that. A lot. They laid off all the good managers, and I soon found myself on the bottom floor after being one of the top Team Leads. One week they took a job from me with no notice, after I had given work to another person for my main job, and told me my pay was being reduced from 14/hr to 9/hr, I told them to get a life and lose my number, as they would never keep me for that low money for the work I give them.

I left Apollo, and then left my main company
  more... shortly after because they were reducing my hours and benefits even more than they hacked them years before. With all that said, the two companies merged, and maybe they fixed their ways, but I doubt it. My rating is for Apollo during the time I worked for them.  less
Pros
Being the boss and never seeing your boss? Sign me up!
Cons
Management was lost, work attainment system was cutthroat, too unstable
descent wage
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  tampa floridaApril 6, 2015
I loved working at Lowes doing lighting. My complaint was my stores were 2 plus hours away each direction and I received no compensation for all the driving. After a 12 hr. day plus paying for my gas my $13. hourly wage was reduced to less than $7.00. an hour. Very unsatisfactory. Also on assembling furniture if you went over the given time for assembly you were working for free..
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
not getting paid for all the work
No room too advance
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoMarch 18, 2015
I used majority of everything I had to get to the jobs. The teams worked together as they were put together. The company was just too spaced out.
Pros
Team work
Cons
n/a
quiet place
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  corona caOctober 7, 2014
Good place to work nice people to work with.. Kinda quiet but if you like to work on your own this will the right job for you
great working experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 28, 2014
we travel to different locations to remodel a store plan.we work as a team to complete each task
Merchandiser
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYApril 8, 2014
Merchandise specs and rotations.
Reset of the department as per store guides and seasonal rotations.
Print and review signage
its a great company for those who know and enjoys the retail industry
Installer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2014
travel to different states and cities and perform resets. hotels are paid for, you get mileage and Per Diem at every pay circle if you travel over sixty miles and stay in a hotel
Pros
traveling to different states and cities
Cons
you don't get reimbursements until payday, job insecurity (if your depart slows down, you probably won't get work until your department picks up again
Bad management, but steady work and pay
Retail Installation (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXSeptember 9, 2013
The managers and supervisors were incapable of the workload, were unable to coordinate a team effectively, and showed unprofessional signs of distress daily.
Merchandising
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJune 17, 2013
A good job if you enjoy moving around locations. They do support their teams, but jobs may not last long as projected
A well thought out Application system for new applicants.
stock resetter (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARApril 18, 2013
Looking forward to working with this company, seem's like a good place to work.
great learning experience
Apollo Retail Specialist - Merchandiser (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2013
a day at work would be come in the store get the planogram so we can set the store how the manager likes it and day by me and my team fix the walgreens to a more mordern look it was fun and exciting.
Dirt houler
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Back & fouth to rock corp, houl / dump, connecting tractor trailer, changing tires, ash fault
Pros
free lunches twice week
Micro Managing and no job security
SEnioR PRoJEct MAnAgER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2012
Long work days, Management is very poor, low compensation, pay isn't good at all
Cons
pick something
Working with a crew
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2012
seeing the world, and seeing how a stoer is builde and a set up done. I mean got co-worker.there not anything hard about it.
i like to travel
Retail merchant, installer (Current Employee) –  lasvegas nv reno nvMay 18, 2012
i had a good learning exp with this company didnt know much about how stores were set up i now have the knowlage to d oso
Pros
steady work good pay when there is work
Cons
not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8