Apollo Security Employee Reviews

Bad company to work for
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 23, 2016
On site, management is basically non-existent, disorganized, lackadaisical. The job culture is retired police and military heavy with multiple kinds of illegal discrimination ongoing, including misogyny, overt racism, and extreme anti-LGBT sentiment. Interaction between client and Apollo is haphazard at best, often with multiple people on the client side holding Security accountable for rules and policies that contradict each other and change according to which person on the client side speaking. The only positive facet is the pay. It is $3/hr more than the average for Security in this area. The corporate office will not give you a straight answer about things like vacation policies (which change according to the mood of the person spoken to on a particular day) and will outright challenge your integrity, even if you record what they told you before and play it back to them when they change their story later.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, particularly corporate
The force is growing in security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 18, 2016
-Lots of time to study for your schooling, or job training
-Lots of Over Time available
-I personally think this is a great job. It can be boring and time consuming and there are some very long days on occasion (12-16 hours) but there is also a strong core group of people here that work together and help each other so that we don't all get burned out.
I am glad to be working here and hope that we can keep growing
On the job manager is no good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  MassAugust 16, 2016
I have worked for Apollo for 6 years. The first manager got let go for being a dishonest person. The one we have now hasn't even been trained in basic management. Each week there are no time sheets, no daily logs, no schedules. He calls on the day of for an officer to fill in when he has known about the opening for weeks. His manager and the hiring person just doesn't know how to hire. Sent us people who were not capable of learning the job. Honestly one couldn't even read and write. The manager is very good at SHOWing the client, and tenants how good he is and is a real actor meanwhile the department is falling apart. Many of the co-workers do not know how to run a shift and some are really lazy. I have learned a lot on how not to be a manager from this total flop. But then he is a flop as his manager is a flop. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers mistakes and his total lack of understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing him fail and I will applaud when they throw him out the door.
Pros
Close to my home, nice cafe, friendly office workers
Cons
Mismanagement
Good Learning Experience.
Museum Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2016
Its Very Different, getting to learn new people and different things at the job. Its good working at the job no complaints.
Management is totally unprofessional and low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
- work is stressful
- messes with pay (especially overtime pay)
- supervisors/managers don't look out for the workers
- supervisors/managers are unorganized
- if you call out because you're sick they won't approve
- no benefits
- no break time
- expects you to come to work if sick or injured
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, no benefits, no raise, supervisors and managers are unorganized and don't look out for their own employees
Great company
Field Supervisor and Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10004March 31, 2016
Great place to work. They work around your schedule. Management are really respectful. Pay is better than most companies. You can actually advance in the company.
A variety of security tasks that allows a person to exceed in the field
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 31, 2016
When you first get hired you get 40 hours of training with a mixture of day and night shifts from different officers. They used a checklist so I was allowed extra time on some things before it would be checked off. The shifts are 8 hours so you get lunch paid but you can't leave the site. There is a cafeteria and vending machines though. After training I was given a set schedule. That's pretty nice since you pretty much always work the same hours unless someone is sick. They also try to give everyone two days off in a row. The desks let watch cameras, alarms and a program to sign people in. When you get a chance to do rounds you use a iphone to scan different areas of the building and it asks you questions. The managers checked on me every once in a while just to make sure I'm doing ok. All in all, it's a nice place to work.
Pros
Set schedules and better pay than a lot of other security places.
Cons
Can't leave to go get lunch or anything
Dont' do it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2016
This company is always short staffed, they will fired you with a made up excuse and expect you to work even harder. This company is a joke. There's no benefits, 401k, don't believe what you read, Please don't be a flunky.
Pros
Paid every Friday
Cons
You will be coned.
Running by bullies. manager & supervisor, low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  12421 Meredith drive urbandale iowaFebruary 3, 2016
Retaliation, low pay , discrimination, no breaks or lunch for the overnight shift. Pay roll suck , promise training for one to two weeks and only get 2 days . Work fist, second , third week and not pay
Pros
Is a job
Cons
Low payment no breaks or lunch
Great company to work for, but contract work can be difficult
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 3, 2016
I've enjoyed working for the company and have been able to learn a lot and advance, but there are no other contracts in the area so it can be difficult to fill shifts. Overall it's been a good experience, but the lack of help can be stressful. The company itself takes care of it's people and management has been very understanding and available.
Pros
Management is very understanding of our needs, given great level of trust and responsibility
Cons
Not able to take a break from post, minimal manpower (not the company's fault, it's contract work and the client dictates staffing)
alright for a first job
Floater (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAJanuary 11, 2016
For your first job out of college it was fine but barely got you by to pay the bills. It was fine until the student loans kicked in.
Pros
hours were alright
Cons
overnights were tough
Dont waste your time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 23, 2015
Dont bother with this Company. You can work hard and do everything right, but they will fire you for any made up reason. No warning or justified reason. Terrible treatment of hard working employees.
Pros
money
Cons
management
not a nice place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2015
they are not a good company to work for they don't care about their employee you won't be able to grow nor develop with the company they will transfer you out if they do not like you they will cut your hours will not pay you for the stand by time that you work if you are not friend or relative to the site manager they will treat you like the unwanted step child and play with your money time and hour if you make a complaint they will find a way to get rid of you
as a security guard
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Jervis, NYOctober 19, 2015
as a security guard we did our hourly tours of building floors 1-4 as well as a grounds tour and parking lot tour.hardest part of this job was dealing with the ppl. we dealt with and watchingppl.that were ond drugs and and other stuff
I worked at the Nissan Infiniti Corperate Building. Being at the front desk gave me the opportunity to learn about the auto industry.
Front Desk Receptionist - Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Apollo International Security was a pleasant company to work with. They were always ready to listen to suggestions and supplied its employees with the up dated certifications.
Good experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 18, 2015
Apollo Security is a good security company with good benefits and good staff. They all have a above average work habit and deserves more sites.
Veteran friendly
Site Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2015
The company is good to work for. They do like having veterans around. I would recommend them to my veterans. The company has just taken over another client. The company is really good for this client.
Pros
willing to work around schedule
Cons
no incentive pay for different shifts.
Apollo
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, NYJuly 16, 2015
Great work environment. Everyone was great to be around. We worked as a team and no issue at all. I had a wonderful time working for them.
Pros
being relieved on time
Cons
the pay
Great Company to work for
Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 9, 2015
work hours 9-5 Monday through Friday worked side by side with my supervisor on a daily basis

learned good security pointers and computer skills

Co workers were great very dependable great team players

most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge and experience i gained
Pros
vacation, lunch
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 19, 2015
Productive, organized, great opportunity
It was a great experience, I worked hard with a great team.
I learned how to deall with transporting morgues from roooms to freezers.
I learned how to deal with pregnant women in labor,
I learned how to deal with mental patients, with restraints etc.,
I learned how to deal with alot of emergencies, and emergency situations.
Pros
OVERTIME
Cons
SHORT BREAKS DEPENDING ON SITUATIONS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apollo Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8