Apollo Security

Apollo Security Employer Reviews

Nice Security Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work would be meeting new faces and signing people in the building. making sure everything is secure and up to par for our client.
Good overall, should be better pay for responsiblity and task
Security officer (Current Employee), Framingham, MAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: good work envioroment
Cons: pay should be better
Good company, doesn't mess up payroll, HUGE, I have the ability to excel in my department. Learning camera survalliance and able to train officers coming into Security.
Horrible !
Security Guard (Former Employee), MassachusettsOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good pay for nothing
Cons: management sucks
Management gave me a job that did not exist! They never paid me for my training and were horrible at following up with me. As people they were nice, as business people they are very unprofessional.
hospital employees where very help full
Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee), Port Jervis, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Cons: they need better in the supervisor hireing or move up employees
control entery to e.r. by asking vistores who they where there to see or vist it with. how to talk to mental health pations and detoxs pations.hospital mangement did a good job answered questions and helping security apollo supervisor need better comuncation skills.
Worst Place
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Cons: everything
I got treated like if I was less then human. My Co-worker were not all professional. Management were the worst. I was always missing money from my check and lunch break was not allowed.
very helpful with all areas within
security possible moving up in job (Former Employee), andover disscuss othersApril 2, 2014
Pros: good environment to work in
Cons: healthcare
Knowing what is expected of my duty and taking care of customers first on time and much more getting to work with coworkers work any hours and do best I can
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 14, 2014
They took good care of their officers and very understanding around family and personal issues.
Life as a Security Officer with Apollo Security
Security Officer (Current Employee), Warwick, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: good people, good company. management willing to work with you
Cons: no raises once you hit top pay no matter how long you stay
I have worked with Apollo Security since Nov 2002. They are a good company with many great people. My post for the past almost 3 years has been at a hospital. Being that said a hospital can be a challenging place to work. You are dealing with a multiple of situations. From the highly intoxicated to the Altered Mental Status people. It can be dangerous – more... but as long as you keep your head about you it's fine.
Since there is only one security officer due to cutbacks the hospital has made we rely on each other, the staff and security to maintain a safe environment.
Only faults I have against the company is that once you hit top pay you do not get raises no matter how long have you been there.
If you are looking to become a police officer or something in that field i would say yes that working at Apollo is worth it as you gain some experience. – less
Overall great
Security Officer (Promotion) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: suit and tie
Cons: short breaks
Guarding post and greeting clients. Little interaction with co-workers
Hostile environment to work in for minorities
Security Guard (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 10, 2014
Very unfair treatment of certain employees, discrimination and a bit segregated.
A hostile work environment from supervisors and management
Security Officer (Former Employee), EaganDecember 22, 2013
Pros: corporate environment, good beginner job
Cons: hostile environment, ugly orange clip on ties, high turnover rates
I worked at a site Apollo International was running in Minnesota in 2013. It was my first "security" job, so i did not know what to expect. I found the following aspects of the company to make my life very stressful.
1. One of my managers was always trying to find ways to fire people. He would go above and beyond his job description spying on employees, – more... finding dumb ways to write people up. I almost called human resources about it being a hostile work environment.
2. Turnover was high. In the time I worked there we went through 10 + employees. For a location with under 20 employees total, losing 50% of the employees was ridiculous.
3. Management would give you a promotion only to give it to someone else without telling you. If you could imagine being told your gonna be assist shift supervisor, then find out the next day your not. Unprofessional.

I would avoid this company like the plague. Other companies such as Securitas and American Security have a much better reputation. – less
Great people and easy job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 1, 2013
The job with Takeda Pharmaceuticals is great. Hardest thing is multitasking. There are times when you have to balance checking in guests, answering the phone as well as checking badges as people walk into the building. It's not a bad job. Gets really quiet in the afternoons and at that time you really just have to answer the phones. Don't really feel – more... like the supervisor communicates things very well. Doesn't seem like the supervisor knows that they are doing all the time. Most of the people who work there are great. Though there does seem to be some ridiculous drama. Felt a little high school-ish. – less
Good company to work for
MA-Concierge (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 24, 2013
Cons: union site with union dues but no part tim benefits
With the many sites they have, you're never out of a job if a site closes. As well as being able to find the right fit for you until you're comfortable. Awesome Management team and very understanding
Good experience
Security supervisor/officer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 21, 2013
Security walk thru hourly. great job for single motivated person.
okay job
Security Officer Front Desk (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2013
the management is okay. the work environment is also okay. not to crazy.
Good experience working with various companies
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough benefits
I was able to work with various companies at various buildings that resquested security. Access to companies requiring back ground checks including Securities and Exchange Commission, Fidelity and various C.B RIchard Ellis buildings.
Great co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working there. Easy access on public transportation, clean building and nice employees.
Awful stay away. Payroll is a joke. Messed up my pay every week
security (Current Employee), maAugust 19, 2013
Cons: everything
Just stay. The company is chessy and is a joke. Messed up my paycheck almost every week and had to argue with the main office in walpole with Suzanne or debbie. Underminds you all the time just not worth it
Stay Away From This Company.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 26, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
Incompetent managers and supervisors. Useless HR department. They are very racist....
Above Average security assignment
SECURITY AGENT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee, tea, cappuccinos, and expressos.
Cons: often late relief from other security officer.
I was under contract working at Thomson Reuters located in Downtown Philadelphia. The environment was very professional interacting with employees and visitors. My duties were as a security receptionist and the company uniform worn was business attire. This assortment included a blue blazer, black slacks and shoes, and white shirt and tie. A standard – more... work day involved answering light phone calls, making periodic security checks, and monitoring the CCTV cameras. This was the first and only assignment I had. – less

1 2 3