Apollo Employee Reviews in United States

Uopx
Senior Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2016
Had a great time working at Apollo Group.... The company has not faired well after I left and most all IT jobs have been outsourced
Good job
SCO (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 10, 2016
I enjoy working here. It is a good job and pays the bills. I have learned a lot of skills that I will take going forward in my career
Pros
Cheap school good pay
Great Employer to work for
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2016
Apollo Group has been great to me for 10 years. They care about their employees as much as their students. Apollo puts education first and the needs of their students are always a priority.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Overall Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2016
Culture is horrible
Leadership is worse
This company has destroyed itself over the past 4 years.
Pushing people away no opportunity for advancement
excess micromanagement
Pros
none left
Cons
everything you can imagine
Had worked with family
TOOL &DIE MAKER (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 26, 2016
Grind steel & stone how to work with family hardist part of family co workers were like family the best part was going home
Pros
TOOL & DIE LERNNING
Cons
THE PLACE WENT UNDER
Productive and fun place
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2016
I became a leader because of this position.

A leader and innovator in academia, with expertise in the psycho-dynamics of learning and education, strong communication skills, and adept at developing important connections between business processes and student relations.
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2016
Small company, great benefits, happy environment to work in. I am very happy there.Love the people I work with.
I love working in Education and the students are educated and courteous.
Experience with Apollo was great
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed my work there but it was a temporary contract position. Training and co-workers were very helpful and willing to assist.
Going down hill
Financial Aid Operations Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2016
Read the news, you can see all of our jobs are in jeopardy. I work in operations which is the red headed step child of the company. We do all the work the students need us to do and get none of the credit. If you've been with the company for awhile then you make decent money however they make it very difficult to receive any type of raise or promotion in our area. Now is not the time to be applying for this company.
I Worked for Apollo and there was no communication with my recruiter.
Contractor/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 17, 2016
I worked for Apollo for about 5 months. In that time I never knew how long my contract was. There was to no communication with management. If your recruiter knew there was a contact that was going to end and they could find you something perm they won't. To top it off my recruiter said I was considered for a better job and he would help me and lied. All in All it's All about management not the workers.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
No promotions or raises. No communication or help from management.
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Had a great team and management, we would reset, or build fixtures for major retailers like walmart, ace hardware, Lowes and home depot.
Great Place to work
Transactions and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 2, 2016
Beginning of a Corporate Career, could have better pay structure and benefits, and compensation plan. The people are very nice.
Good for starting jobs with security
Departmental Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2015
Excellent corporate values - always changing not stagnant- Can be hard to get information on employment opportunities. A large corporation trying to do the right things
Pros
Good time off benefits
Cons
Lack of flexibility
Productive and challenging place to work.
Associate/Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDAugust 10, 2015
Great leadership from management team. No two days are the same. Rapid think on our feet environment. Worked with staff and customers of very diverse backgrounds.
Apollo was the best company that I have worked for a this time in my working career
Admissions Counselor/Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2015
I was excited coming to work at Shorter University, the contracted school for Apollo/IPD. Working with the Adult student was a job because they already realized the importance of higher education and knew that they would recommend it for their off springs, so why not take that same advice and apply it to their own life. I would use my own experience as a non-traditional adult student and that would assure them even more that they could do the same thing.
Adults knew that with an Associates degree or a BS degree they could and would change circumstances in their earing ability, compete for better jobs, even apply for other positions within their own companies. Adult education works.
Pros
Create a culture of help, trust, successful sttudents and graduates.
Cons
Higher education requires sacrafice, struggle, lots of effort and energy and sometimes failures.
Flexible
MD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2014
Received and logged client paper documents.
Received incoming mail from provider and receive records in system forward for scanning and audit process.
Prepped documents in accordance with specifications designed for the client/project.
Maintained and cleaned equipment as needed
Not a dependable company
Former merchandiser/installer (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 5, 2014
I worked for this company and was sent to St. Louis for a 3 day job. Was left stranded in 100 degree with no hotel room! If they say they'll pay for a hotel don't count on it. If you have car trouble and photos and garage bill to prove it they will fire you anyway. Very bad management. This company was a lot better before current managers took over.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very bad management. don't believe what they say- keep a backup plan.
So So Place to work
Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Good technology - bad management, no clear long time or ongoing vision. Goals shift too often.

Organizational culture is unstable, too many layoff cycles, not a stable work environment.
Pros
good peers, co-workers
Cons
not a stable work place
It's low pay and high responsibility job duties.
ELEMENTARY TUTOR (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 31, 2014
You have to know what you are going to teach your students and create worksheets for them before each day starts. Management is okay you have to be in the same academic page with the students teacher.
It was an awesome job
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work was going in early and setting up for the rest of the employee. When they got there I would take one employee with me and tell them what my boss told me to tell them then I would pull product to set displays and planograms. I did what my boss told me too. I filled out all the paperwork for him. and the hardest job was taking anchors out and moving the aisles and putting anchors back in, I also enjoyed that the most.