Apollo

Apollo Employer Reviews

So So Place to work
Network Admin (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good peers, co-workers
Cons: not a stable work place
Good technology - bad management, no clear long time or ongoing vision. Goals shift too often.

Organizational culture is unstable, too many layoff cycles, not a stable work environment.
It's low pay and high responsibility job duties.
ELEMENTARY TUTOR (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 31, 2014
You have to know what you are going to teach your students and create worksheets for them before each day starts. Management is okay you have to be in the same academic page with the students teacher.
It was an awesome job
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at work was going in early and setting up for the rest of the employee. When they got there I would take one employee with me and tell them what my boss told me to tell them then I would pull product to set displays and planograms. I did what my boss told me too. I filled out all the paperwork for him. and the hardest job was taking anchors – more... out and moving the aisles and putting anchors back in, I also enjoyed that the most. – less
N/A
AR REP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2014
Reviewing patient accounts, submitting claims, and taking appropriate follow-up action as
necessary with insurance companies and /or patients .
Responsible for effective resolution of patients accounts with insurance companies (e.g., third party, government, HMO, PPO and Commercial payers).
Handles inbounds calls as assigned in a professional and courteous – more... manner.
Identifies and reports denials tends affecting reimbursement. – less
great company to work for
Travel crew, merchandiser (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: not the greatest pay or benifits
Great company to work for, lacking good pay and payed travel. field benifits are not good.
Hard working crew
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee), Edmonds, WANovember 3, 2013
Pros: monthly bbq
Cons: it was an active waste water treatment plant in remodel
Installation of concrete form work.Equipment installation and assist the pipe crew with pipe supports and other tasks
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Admission Representative (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 22, 2013
The teamwork environment makes it a great place to be. The truly care for their employees
Leadership Issues
Finance Student Advisor (promotion) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2013
Pros: co-workers and happy students
Cons: lack of motivational leadership
Assist students with their finance options for school and continued support throughout their program through phone and email contact with some face to face contact. Assist internal customers. I have learned different financial aid policies as well as other finance policies for attending school. I have learned what not do to in leadership positions. – more... My co-workers are all very much team players and want to assist each other to make sure the students are taken care of. The hardest part of my job is working with leadership that is not interested in improving the job satisfaction and does not take responsibility for the lack of satisfaction across the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is when students I have been working with for a long time call me to tell me they are almost done and are so excited to be able to improve their career with the degree they just completed. – less
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01September 13, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: lots of pressure to sell and advertise
I had to work for seven hours a day , I worked as a salesperson.
Diverse organization with Branding & Innovation as a primary focus.
National Sales Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: remote environment with local sites to collaborate as a department.
Cons: limited advancement opportunities due to organization structure.
Apollo will attract talent to help enhance branding initiatives and contribute to the vision of the organization and subsidiaries. There is a considerable amount of investment in training and compliance standards. Leadership coaches to competencies and MBOs.
Awesome team atmosphere with cohesive team spirit
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2013
A typical day at work includes placing and receiving calls to potential students, enlightening them on our core values and programs, that lead to enrolling and supporting them from enrollment to graduation. Management is always willing to educate and help advisors. Co-workers make our work environment family-like. The hardest part of the job is watching – more... students fall short of their goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching students graduate and knowing you had a helping hand in the process! – less
look again...
student services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2013
When I first began at University of Phoenix there was all this talk about moving up the ladder quickly and efficiently.. they have now made it almost impossible to move up and even worse, there have been 3 sets of lay offs in the past 3 years!
Not down with UoP
Team Lead/ National Sales Trainer (Former Employee), n/aMay 14, 2013
Pros: large company
Cons: down turn in for-profit schools' public perception
Apollo is the parent company for University of Phoenix, the College for Financial Planning, and some other minor schools.

UoP has taken a hard hit in the negative perception of for-profit schools. However, CFP is doing well. I would only work for the CFP if I worked for Apollo.
Sub Par Company with good ideas
Team Lead/ National Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 5, 2012
Cons: pay, management
They have a good idea as far as their training product, but management isn't the best and the pay is pretty low.
Productive & Fun place to work.
Director, IT Offshore Operations (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 22, 2012
Good Management & Flexible work hrs.

Highly Technology oriented with good work life balance culture.
Fun place to work, and learn new recipes.
Cook (Former Employee), Albion, NYOctober 17, 2012
It had good food, and a friendly environment. Unfortunately they closed the business.
Global Company
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2012
Heavy phones,faculty and staff interaction. I worked with various levels of staff from Top Executives to students. I learned to multi-task and incorporate managerial skills. The staff was very welcoming and comforting.
FUN PLACE TO WORK , PRODUCTIVE
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), BRONX, NYApril 6, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no negactive
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH. I ENYOY WORKING WITH THE PATIENTS AND STAFF
Wonderful opportunity to use my creative abilities.
In-house Graphic Designer / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 3, 2012
As the in house graphic designer I was given full freedom to express myself by designer promotional materials for all 5 locations. Taught me consistency and overall collaborative designing.
fun place to work as putting together store
Merchandiser (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
just love to work there and i wish they would of told me it was tem before i started. but other then that it great place to work