ApolloMD Employee Reviews

Thankful but hated it
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJanuary 17, 2017
The opportunity to advance is slim to none.
Healthcare benefits suck, and you wouldn't think so being that it is in the medical field.
Management don't have any interpersonal skills
Pros
not micro-managed
Cons
over worked, under paid. health benefits suck
Disingenuous
Emergency Room Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 6, 2016
Would rather not say at this time due to recent dismissal and dissatisfaction in the way it was handled as a valid employee
Worst company ever
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 20, 2016
I have never met the person who wrote the march 22, 2016 review but it is spot on - i could have written it word for word. This company is all about the numbers. And you are treated like a number. I am not one to constantly want acknowledgement or appreciation but in the 2 1/2 years of working there, i never received a "good job" or "good catch on that diagnosis" or "thanks for what you do." You are a number in the machine and that is all. There is no sense of team, no comraderie between the docs and the midlevels because the way that the machine is set up, there is hardly any interaction between the two. Two years ago there was talk about productivity bonus but that never materialized - when asked about it, corporate said it has some 'formula' that was never shared with the employees. You are scheduled to work all shifts and can go from being on night shift to 7am shift with one day in between - no consistency whatsoever. Sometimes they'll schedule you with only 8 hours between shifts - no joke! There is no sick or personal time. If you are sick or have a family emergency it is your responsibility alone to find someone to cover your shift. And if you don't find someone, you have to work. Forget about any opportunity for advancement because there is none. Turnover is about every 2-2 1/2 years - that is the life expectancy of an employee. And you are required to give 90 days notice if you want to leave. So if you want a job to just get the "experience" and then move on, this is probably fine for you.
Pros
Pay is on the higher end of the spectrum for the area
Cons
Poor to no management, no feedback - good or bad, no sense of team, inconsistent schedule, no sick or personal time
Always wants something for nothing
Hospitalist NP (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2016
I would not recommend ApolloMD to anyone. They are all about lining their own pockets. They don't care about their employees or the patients. Work load is heavy and pay is low. They laughed at me when I asked for a raise after 2.5 years of employment. They don't reward hard work which causes low morale.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2016
People are always helpful and friendly
Team environment
You are expected to work hard and little play
Upper management is willing to step in when needed
Pros
Great company in general, great benefits
Cons
Compensation is weak
stepping stone
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
good company growing pretty fast good stepping stone to something better.. Its good to start out but doesn't seem like opportunity to grow is available.
Fun place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2016
Former employee....
The most enjoyable part of my job was fun co-workers and barbecue on the courtyard. I was given a chance to learn a lot.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Turnover was high
Worst Company Ever Encountered
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Very true what others have said about being promised one thing and actually getting another. EVERYTHING they promised about scheduling was a lie. My clinical colleagues are mostly great but the upper administration in the Atlanta area is horrible. So unprofessional it is jaw dropping. Once you're hired you never hear from them again and can't get anyone to return emails/calls. They refuse to put a detailed compensation structure in writing. I've seen some vague rules about how bonuses work but you can't track exactly how it's done. One month you'll get a bonus, one you won't and nothing will have changed. The credentialing department is a bunch of idiots which is well known among employees as well as the hospital credentialing departments. It's a culture of blame, bullying, sarcasm, not taking responsibility, yelling at employees (no lie!), being all about the money, and not caring anything for the clinical staff. They could care less about the patient care - their only concern is the numbers. This is quite apparent with the triage role for midlevel providers as they sit in triage and mostly waste their professional capacity. They have the most unorganized on-boarding process I've ever seen. No employee handbook, no important numbers, minimal computer training, no reference for how to navigate the company and its associated websites at all. Yes, the pay is decent, but totally not worth it! They invest nothing in you and simply want you to work your tail off and not open your mouth about anything. I've encountered some of the fussiest MDs I've ever seen, too. They refuse to  more... do simple procedures and will bounce a patient back to the waiting room for a midlevel provider to pick up. They also do nothing to help clear out level 4s & 5s even if the main ED is almost empty. I wish I'd researched this company more and listened to one of my friends before accepting the job but now I'm stuck.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Rude, incompetent, unprofessional upper administration, scheduling is random, unclear bonus structure, no sick/PTO/vacation. Benefits are fairly expensive and not that awesome.
Credentialing Specialist
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 15, 2016
Credentialing Specialist for provider hospital privileges.
Working under strict deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
Various
Great place to work.
Director of Physician Recruitment (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 2, 2015
ApolloMD has been a great place to work over the past 8 years. They have been a very fair company, who rewards those who work hard.
productive workplace
Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Great company to work for with exceptional physicians.
Worked with a great group nurses who really cared for the patients. The physicians never was hard to get along with. They went above and beyond.
Great team!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
ApolloMD is a fast-paced company with a collaborative, positive culture and supportive team. The physician leaders are very engaged and accessible, whether to a corporate employee or clinical partner. The company's growth is a testament to its effective business model and successful team. I have learned so much from working with the team here and look forward to many years of growth with the company!
Pros
Great colleagues, supportive leadership, competitive compensation
productive company to work for
Administrative Assissant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Working for this company was enjoyable .The only thing that was hard about this job was trying to get physicians to complete there charts on time
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
productive day
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 15, 2014
print and scan charts
email ED MD
assist the medical director
help medical records with missing charts
attend meeting with other employees from the hospital
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
Fast paced, excellent compensation
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 1, 2014
Benefits are expensive. No paid time off. 13 shifts is full time. Excellent per hour compensation with productivity bonuses.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Working weekends and holidays, swing shift
Graphic Design/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
The small department that I work in is a great group of colleagues and managers. Everyone is hard working and serious about getting his or her job done well, but we all still make time for catching up, joking around, going to lunch together, etc. ApolloMD is made up of very strong and determined leaders that set amazing examples of how to be successful in the industry. I can definitely see myself continuing to work here for several years to come. My job is never boring, as I am always getting involved in a new task or assignment. My managers have also been very flexible about taking time off for doctor's appointments or leaving a little early for whatever reason as long as the work is complete.
Pros
Great colleagues, Flexibility
Cons
No clear path for growth with the company
very productive place to work
mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2014
very busy! scanning documents to include medical records.
you must be timely and accurate
you must have a system so that things fall in place as they should
my co-workers were great
making the deadline sometimes you can get slammed with mail
getting all packages and mail out with nothing left over
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
very short breaks
Fast paced, new experience daily
Medical Scribe/Personal Productivity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 28, 2014
I have gained valuable knowledge by working closely with the emergency physicians.
Not worth it
Physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2014
This company will tell you everything you want to hear and then once you sign the contract it's a different story. I was originally told I would hardly work nights and that weekends were divided evenly. This is totally false. They have their favorites (even though they say otherwise) and you have to speak your mind or you will get screwed. Nothing is done evenly at all. The pay is not that bad but it's not significantly more than you can find anywhere else. I quit after 2 months. They have an extremely high turn over and are constantly hiring new people to fill in the gaps. Wish I would of know sooner. Other employees agree after I talked to them that the company works like this.
don't do it
physician assistant, emergency medicine (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
promise you one thing and then 5 months later after your credentialing is complete (yes it takes that long!!) you will find yourself working mostly nights. there is a small group of people who work the days shifts and good luck getting them to share the wealth. the pay is good but money isn't everything. you couldn't pay me enough to stay. quit after one month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ApolloMD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7