ApolloMD Employee Reviews

Good job poor management
Emergency Department Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski County, VADecember 4, 2017
I was the Coordinator of the ER Department then The Hospital And ER.I advanced in to both jobs in less then a year. Then we went under new management and I thought they where making some bad decisions that could lead to law suits and I resigned before there was conflict with some of the decisions.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Poor management
under paid, poor management, and no room for advancment
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 19, 2017
This is a dead end job with no room for advancement There is no tuition reimbursement, no paid maternity leave, no employee incentives to help boost morale and provide motivation to do a great job. You are just another employee on their totem pole. If you ever get a raise it is determined by HR who dosen't know you from the next guy it is not determined by your direct manager who has a direct relationship with you. Also there isn't much support from upper management and processes they put in place to provide that support are not followed. I will say that the providers typically are very pleasent and that is the only good thing about this job.
Pros
good providers
Cons
lack of management support, lack of advancement, lack of employee appreciation
Dog eat Dog
Financial Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2017
the departments are very competitive against each other, they are very counter productive and do not work well with each other as a whole. There is no team work.
Competitive Salary:Bad work/life ratio
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 3, 2017
They pay well but expect you to always pick up more shifts. They will bonus if you ask for it for additional shifts however, sometimes taking on the additional shifts is a lot of work and sometimes not worth it.
Very Laid Back Environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
Very Laid Back Environment and supportive staff. Management has a open door policy. Great environment to work in. Very laid back hours with no stress.
Solid place to work and grow
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
ApolloMD has afforded me an excellent opportunity to develop skills and be a part of a supportive, growing organization. If you are willing to put in the hours and effort, you can advance and achieve whatever goals you have for yourself and your career.
August 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. ApolloMD has grown tremendously in the last year and continues to do so. Our goal is to improve each and every year and with your feedback, we are able to best assess where to focus. Thanks again!

A great place to start and continue to grow
Physician Assistant- Emergency Medicine (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
I started my career in Emergency Medicine with ApolloMD and it has been a great organization to work with over the years. There have been bumps in the road, but in the end, I always feel like they provider's best interest at heart. The ED I work in has a very collaborative culture between the physicians, PA/NP, and nursing staff. The pay is very competitive for the market I work in and there is bonus potential every month.
Pros
flexible scheduling, competitive pay, leadership oportunities
Cons
CME stipend could be more competitive
Wonderful Place
Hospitalist Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent benefits, great compensation, easy going atmosphere with fantastic leadership. Room for growth and advancements within. Possibilities to relocate.
July 25, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are continuously working toward creating the best possible workplace culture and are happy to hear about your positive experience.

Appreciate the opportunity
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2017
Appreciate the confidence my VP had to let me take ownership over my Department in such a short time being with the company.

They do give you opportunity to try your hand at Leadership positions.
Pros
Providers I work with
Cons
Compensation for Admins
July 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see you are communicating well with your VP and things are going smoothly. Best of luck in this new role!

Great company, very positive experience
Emergency Physician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 3, 2017
I have worked for ApolloMD as an emergency physician for several years. They have always been responsive to my needs and paid me competitively, timely and accurately. The scheduling has been fair and equitably and great effort has been given to accommodate my schedule requests and preferences. When I have had questions, someone from Apollo has been readily available to answer them. My contract is easy to understand and does not contain non-compete clauses. I have had a very positive experience working for Apollo.
Pros
Professional, responsive, provider friendly
August 30, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! We are glad to hear about your positive experience as an ApolloMD physician. We are continually reviewing the practices of our corporate operations teams and providing ongoing training to ensure we are successfully meeting the needs of our physicians. Your feedback will serve as guidance for us to focus on continuing to improve in this area. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Hostile and dysfunctional place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2017
While I enjoyed the work I was doing, I found the company to be dysfunctional with their management promotion practices. The environment was one of hostility and it appeared that who you knew meant more than what you know.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Thankful but hated it
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJanuary 17, 2017
The opportunity to advance is slim to none.
Healthcare benefits suck, and you wouldn't think so being that it is in the medical field.
Management don't have any interpersonal skills
Pros
not micro-managed
Cons
over worked, under paid. health benefits suck
June 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are hoping to roll out some new, cost-effective benefit programs soon. With the addition of new HR leadership, we are also working to set up new measures that look at success, and how it ties to our compensation practices.

Disingenuous
Emergency Room Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 6, 2016
Would rather not say at this time due to recent dismissal and dissatisfaction in the way it was handled as a valid employee
June 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! To give us better direction on where improvements need to be made, please email leadership@apollomd.com

Worst company ever
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 20, 2016
I have never met the person who wrote the march 22, 2016 review but it is spot on - i could have written it word for word. This company is all about the numbers. And you are treated like a number. I am not one to constantly want acknowledgement or appreciation but in the 2 1/2 years of working there, i never received a "good job" or "good catch on that diagnosis" or "thanks for what you do." You are a number in the machine and that is all. There is no sense of team, no comraderie between the docs and the midlevels because the way that the machine is set up, there is hardly any interaction between the two. Two years ago there was talk about productivity bonus but that never materialized - when asked about it, corporate said it has some 'formula' that was never shared with the employees. You are scheduled to work all shifts and can go from being on night shift to 7am shift with one day in between - no consistency whatsoever. Sometimes they'll schedule you with only 8 hours between shifts - no joke! There is no sick or personal time. If you are sick or have a family emergency it is your responsibility alone to find someone to cover your shift. And if you don't find someone, you have to work. Forget about any opportunity for advancement because there is none. Turnover is about every 2-2 1/2 years - that is the life expectancy of an employee. And you are required to give 90 days notice if you want to leave. So if you want a job to just get the "experience" and then move on, this is probably fine for you.
Pros
Pay is on the higher end of the spectrum for the area
Cons
Poor to no management, no feedback - good or bad, no sense of team, inconsistent schedule, no sick or personal time
June 22, 2017

ApolloMD promotes a model of local practice autonomy led by the Medical Directors and Lead Advanced Practice Clinicians, and we strive to provide the administrative support that fosters a positive, productive and rewarding local group culture. To that end, our Medical Directors and Lead APC’s participate in leadership training, leadership conferences, and regional leadership roundtables to share their positive culture building techniques and ideas on how to improve physician-APC relations and communication.

We believe strongly in creating bonus compensation for our Advanced Practice Clinicians that rewards them for the broad range of roles they play in our emergency departments. To create a structure that best represents the dynamic nature of APC utilization, the bonuses typically include a blend of productivity, metrics, and patient satisfaction. However, every facility faces unique challenges, so we never approach a bonus structure as “one size fits all.” If a bonus structure is needs to be adjusted to better represent the team’s efforts at a given facility, we are always willing to explore potential alternatives. Our goal is to create a transparent bonus structure that rewards the full scope of our APC’s efforts, and be willing to adjust things quickly if it does not. By the nature of what we must measure, bonus models (blended or not) can be confusing to develop, communicate, and understand.

ApolloMD is committed to providing equitable scheduling for all of our providers. In the 24/7/365 demands of emergency medicine, this is an ongoing challenge. We have innovative  more... scheduling software that assists in the schedule generation process and greatly reduces the opportunity for human error. Additionally, it allows for easy, one-step functionality to post, swap, split, and trade shifts with the local team members. We are truly sorry to hear you had some suboptimal shift scheduling, and we strive to ensure those instances are the exception and not the rule.

Your feedback will serve as guidance for us to focus on continuing to improve in each of these areas.

Always wants something for nothing
Hospitalist NP (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2016
I would not recommend ApolloMD to anyone. They are all about lining their own pockets. They don't care about their employees or the patients. Work load is heavy and pay is low. They laughed at me when I asked for a raise after 2.5 years of employment. They don't reward hard work which causes low morale.
June 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. ApolloMD factors in several elements when determining pay rates for our Advanced Practice Clinicians. Market rate by location and specialty are just the first step in our compensation calculation. We also factor in years of experience, submitted references, prior workplace recommendations, scope of practice for a given facility, and interview interaction. Additionally, we are committed to conducting performance reviews to ensure compensation is in line with our APC’s successful development.

Great group of people to work with
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2016
People are always helpful and friendly
Team environment
You are expected to work hard and little play
Upper management is willing to step in when needed
Pros
Great company in general, great benefits
Cons
Compensation is weak
June 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. With the addition of new HR leadership, we are working to set up new measures that look at success, and how it ties to our compensation practices. We are happy to hear that you have had a great experience thus far.

stepping stone
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2016
good company growing pretty fast good stepping stone to something better.. Its good to start out but doesn't seem like opportunity to grow is available.
Fun place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2016
Former employee....
The most enjoyable part of my job was fun co-workers and barbecue on the courtyard. I was given a chance to learn a lot.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Turnover was high
June 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you were able to work in a learning environment and enjoyed your team. Over the course of the last few months, we have been working very hard to implement systems and processes that will help streamline workflows, which in turn takes the administrative burden off of managers allowing them to spend more time growing and developing their teams.

Worst Company Ever Encountered
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Very true what others have said about being promised one thing and actually getting another. EVERYTHING they promised about scheduling was a lie. My clinical colleagues are mostly great but the upper administration in the Atlanta area is horrible. So unprofessional it is jaw dropping. Once you're hired you never hear from them again and can't get anyone to return emails/calls. They refuse to put a detailed compensation structure in writing. I've seen some vague rules about how bonuses work but you can't track exactly how it's done. One month you'll get a bonus, one you won't and nothing will have changed. The credentialing department is a bunch of idiots which is well known among employees as well as the hospital credentialing departments. It's a culture of blame, bullying, sarcasm, not taking responsibility, yelling at employees (no lie!), being all about the money, and not caring anything for the clinical staff. They could care less about the patient care - their only concern is the numbers. This is quite apparent with the triage role for midlevel providers as they sit in triage and mostly waste their professional capacity. They have the most unorganized on-boarding process I've ever seen. No employee handbook, no important numbers, minimal computer training, no reference for how to navigate the company and its associated websites at all. Yes, the pay is decent, but totally not worth it! They invest nothing in you and simply want you to work your tail off and not open your mouth about anything. I've encountered some of the fussiest MDs I've ever seen, too. They refuse to  more... do simple procedures and will bounce a patient back to the waiting room for a midlevel provider to pick up. They also do nothing to help clear out level 4s & 5s even if the main ED is almost empty. I wish I'd researched this company more and listened to one of my friends before accepting the job but now I'm stuck.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Rude, incompetent, unprofessional upper administration, scheduling is random, unclear bonus structure, no sick/PTO/vacation. Benefits are fairly expensive and not that awesome.
June 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback which gives us the opportunity to reflect and improve. ApolloMD promotes local practice autonomy led by the Medical Directors and Lead Advanced Practice Clinicians, and we strive to provide the administrative support that fosters a positive, productive and rewarding work environment for all of our providers. We understand that there are times when providers require corporate support, and truly regret you had a bad experience when seeking that support. We are continually reviewing the practices of our corporate operations teams and providing ongoing training to ensure we are successfully meeting the needs of our providers.

ApolloMD believes strongly in creating bonus compensation for our Advanced Practice Clinicians that rewards them for the broad range of roles they play in our emergency departments. To create a structure that best represents the dynamic nature of APC utilization, the bonuses typically include a blend of productivity, metrics, and patient satisfaction. However, every facility faces unique challenges, so we never approach a bonus structure as “one size fits all.” If a bonus structure needs to be adjusted to better represent the team’s efforts at a given facility, we are always willing to explore potential alternatives. Our goal is to create a transparent bonus structure that rewards the full scope of our APC’s efforts, and be willing to adjust things quickly if it does not. By the nature of what we must measure, bonus models (blended or not) can be confusing to develop, communicate, and understand.

With increasing patient  more... volumes, acuity, and variability straining the capacity of many emergency departments, we have had to “think outside the box” to meet the needs of our patients. ApolloMD fully supports top of license practice for our Advanced Practice Clinicians, in addition to giving them the paramount responsibility of quarterbacking the flow of the emergency department. This requires striking a balance between those two integral job functions, and we are continually working with our Lead APC’s and Medical Directors to fine tune that balance. We always encourage feedback from our Advanced Practice Clinicians on how to improve their utilization. The ability to perform at the top of your license, while maintaining the flexibility to meet the demands of patient flow on any given shift, is what makes the PA and NP professions a unique and vital part of any high-functioning emergency department.

Your feedback has served as a guide and reminder to continue our efforts in these areas.

Credentialing Specialist
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 15, 2016
Credentialing Specialist for provider hospital privileges.
Working under strict deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
Various
May 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We apologize for the unpleasant experience. Our goal is to improve year-after-year and with your feedback, we are able to assess where improvement is needed. Thanks again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ApolloMD. Our community is ready to answer.