ApolloMD Employee Reviews in United States

Worst Company Ever Encountered
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
Very true what others have said about being promised one thing and actually getting another. EVERYTHING they promised about scheduling was a lie. My clinical colleagues are mostly great but the upper administration in the Atlanta area is horrible. So unprofessional it is jaw dropping. Once you're hired you never hear from them again and can't get anyone to return emails/calls. They refuse to put a detailed compensation structure in writing. I've seen some vague rules about how bonuses work but you can't track exactly how it's done. One month you'll get a bonus, one you won't and nothing will have changed. The credentialing department is a bunch of idiots which is well known among employees as well as the hospital credentialing departments. It's a culture of blame, bullying, sarcasm, not taking responsibility, yelling at employees (no lie!), being all about the money, and not caring anything for the clinical staff. They could care less about the patient care - their only concern is the numbers. This is quite apparent with the triage role for midlevel providers as they sit in triage and mostly waste their professional capacity. They have the most unorganized on-boarding process I've ever seen. No employee handbook, no important numbers, minimal computer training, no reference for how to navigate the company and its associated websites at all. Yes, the pay is decent, but totally not worth it! They invest nothing in you and simply want you to work your tail off and not open your mouth about anything. I've encountered some of the fussiest MDs I've ever seen, too. They refuse to  more... do simple procedures and will bounce a patient back to the waiting room for a midlevel provider to pick up. They also do nothing to help clear out level 4s & 5s even if the main ED is almost empty. I wish I'd researched this company more and listened to one of my friends before accepting the job but now I'm stuck.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Rude, incompetent, unprofessional upper administration, scheduling is random, unclear bonus structure, no sick/PTO/vacation. Benefits are fairly expensive and not that awesome.
Credentialing Specialist
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 15, 2016
Credentialing Specialist for provider hospital privileges.
Working under strict deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
Various
Stay Away
Refunds (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2015
The company has there favorites. Never known a company who decrease employees pay to give others they like raises. They will take money out your pay to give others raises. Other then that , Apollomd do not give raises. There are people hired with no medical experience at all, friends and family. There are employees that can sleep there way through becoming mangers and directors, and can not complete a sentence correctly. You start working for the company on training sounds great. Afterwards A completely different thing. Once you go Permanent you have to wait 30 days before you receive your first check. Apollomd do nothing for you for the holidays like they use to. Apollomd is only concern is the big dogs making big bucks, but not the ones that are working hard to bring in the money. BIG BIG TURN OVER. I seen great wonderful employees leave because money decrease out of there pay and being not appreciated it. And expect them to continue to work harder for less money. The REAL PLANTATION in the state Georgia. Apollomd has a lot of lawsuits going on right now. Again try to stay AWAY !
Pros
No free Nothing
Cons
Must clock out for 15mins breaks
Great place to work.
Director of Physician Recruitment (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 2, 2015
ApolloMD has been a great place to work over the past 8 years. They have been a very fair company, who rewards those who work hard.
productive workplace
Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Great company to work for with exceptional physicians.
Worked with a great group nurses who really cared for the patients. The physicians never was hard to get along with. They went above and beyond.
Great team!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
ApolloMD is a fast-paced company with a collaborative, positive culture and supportive team. The physician leaders are very engaged and accessible, whether to a corporate employee or clinical partner. The company's growth is a testament to its effective business model and successful team. I have learned so much from working with the team here and look forward to many years of growth with the company!
Pros
great colleagues, supportive leadership, competitive compensation
productive company to work for
Administrative Assissant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Working for this company was enjoyable .The only thing that was hard about this job was trying to get physicians to complete there charts on time
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive day
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 15, 2014
print and scan charts
email ED MD
assist the medical director
help medical records with missing charts
attend meeting with other employees from the hospital
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
Fast paced, excellent compensation
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 1, 2014
Benefits are expensive. No paid time off. 13 shifts is full time. Excellent per hour compensation with productivity bonuses.
Pros
compensation
Cons
working weekends and holidays, swing shift
Graphic Design/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
The small department that I work in is a great group of colleagues and managers. Everyone is hard working and serious about getting his or her job done well, but we all still make time for catching up, joking around, going to lunch together, etc. ApolloMD is made up of very strong and determined leaders that set amazing examples of how to be successful in the industry. I can definitely see myself continuing to work here for several years to come. My job is never boring, as I am always getting involved in a new task or assignment. My managers have also been very flexible about taking time off for doctor's appointments or leaving a little early for whatever reason as long as the work is complete.
Pros
great colleagues, flexibility
Cons
no clear path for growth with the company
very productive place to work
mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2014
very busy! scanning documents to include medical records.
you must be timely and accurate
you must have a system so that things fall in place as they should
my co-workers were great
making the deadline sometimes you can get slammed with mail
getting all packages and mail out with nothing left over
Pros
free lunch from time to time
Cons
very short breaks
Fast paced, new experience daily
Medical Scribe/Personal Productivity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 28, 2014
I have gained valuable knowledge by working closely with the emergency physicians.
Not worth it
Physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2014
This company will tell you everything you want to hear and then once you sign the contract it's a different story. I was originally told I would hardly work nights and that weekends were divided evenly. This is totally false. They have their favorites (even though they say otherwise) and you have to speak your mind or you will get screwed. Nothing is done evenly at all. The pay is not that bad but it's not significantly more than you can find anywhere else. I quit after 2 months. They have an extremely high turn over and are constantly hiring new people to fill in the gaps. Wish I would of know sooner. Other employees agree after I talked to them that the company works like this.
don't do it
physician assistant, emergency medicine (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2013
promise you one thing and then 5 months later after your credentialing is complete (yes it takes that long!!) you will find yourself working mostly nights. there is a small group of people who work the days shifts and good luck getting them to share the wealth. the pay is good but money isn't everything. you couldn't pay me enough to stay. quit after one month
Fast Pace Work enviornment
AR Billing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2013
fast pace work environment. not really a good place to work if you are a single parent. do not give much lead way for personal issues
Pros
free medical
Cons
cramped worked space
co workers work as a team
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE REP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2013
fast paced, and productive. Proper training given to complete assigned task. Fair productivity goals given.
Pros
pto time
Cons
over tme
Avoid this company if you can
Claims Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAApril 4, 2013
This is the worst company, to date, that I have worked for. Managements sucks and there is no chance for advancement. They will sell a bill of goods during the interview and not deliver once you are employed there. The rules change almost daily and there is a steady stream of people getting fired and hired. If you have another option please take it this is not a good company to work for.
Pros
you are not required to work weekends
Cons
you are required to work monday thru friday
horrible work hours
ED Scribe (Former Employee) –  Aiken,SCFebruary 18, 2013
They would put me on different shifts constantly without giving me a chance to become well rested. That had little respect for the time that was asked off or for the fact that I was still a student (even though they were asking for students for the position). When I quit the job, i was threatened to get blacklisted.
Cons
poor leadership, unprofessional
Stay away from this place
EDI Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2013
This is the worst organization I ever worked for...No teamwork and the managers don't have a clue how to administer their teams. It's no future working at this place, they don't give raises and again the management sucks!!!!
Pros
none other then your a job
Cons
they don't give raises, no team work and management sucks!!!!
This not a very fun place to work
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2012
At this company you can't make up time you have to use your vacation for sick or vacation or anything you had to do. You can't get out of your desk. You can go to the restroom and break room only on your break. The people talk to you bad tell you stuff that you better be glad you have a job.
Cons
no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ApolloMD. Our community is ready to answer.