Apothecary Products, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to provide tactical leadership and personnel administration to the offset and flexographic printing work centers within our production department.
This position is located in our Burnsville, MN headquarters in a professional facility overlooking a greenspace with wildlife, free parking, and easy commuting.
Founded in September of 1975, we are a leader in health-related consumer products. Our innovative product lines are aimed at making life easier for both the pharmacist and the consumer. Most individuals have our products in their medicine cabinets, with items found in the pharmacy aisles at places like Target, Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens. Because we are constantly developing a multitude of new and successful products, we continue to achieve growth and stability as a company.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, training, and performance feedback to production employees.
- Conduct personnel administration tasks such as interviews, annual reviews, monthly production meetings, disciplinary actions, and timecard reconciliation.
- Assist in developing and improving efficiency metrics
- Promote lean concepts throughout the production floor
- Ensure production staffing levels are sufficient to meet daily production goals
- Maintain and enforce company operating procedures and standards. (e.g., ISO 9001, GMPs).
- Recommend and implement approved strategies for cost reduction through continuous improvements projects.
- Collaborate with new product development, purchasing, warehouse, and quality departments to improve output, efficiencies, and quality, while reducing costs and stockouts.
- Direct team to meet quality and safety requirements. Proactively maintain OSHA standards and participate in Safety Committee and company safety initiatives.
- Ensure that all procedures and item specifications are current and that product is manufactured according to customer requirements .
- Ensure manufacturing area is maintained in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Ensure cycle counting of floor stock locations is performed on schedule
- Submit PO requisitions for key manufacturing supplies
- Investigate, collect, and analyze data on non-conformances (both internal & external) to determine causes and corrective actions
- Ensure that all equipment calibrations are current
- Monitor inventory status to ensure an uninterrupted supply of components
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a lean, metric-driven, manufacturing environment
- Background in flexo and/or offset printing
- Familiarity with Six-Sigma concepts
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Experience with ERP software systems, especially Fourth Shift
- Proficiency in MS-Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to instill confidence in and evoke respect from subordinates
- Project an air of calm urgency in all daily affairs