Appalachian Regional Healthcare System Employee Reviews

One of the best jobs I have ever had.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCAugust 2, 2015
I worked for ARHS for 3 years and I never had a complaint.
I received support and information from my supervisor and they always worked with me if I had a scheduling issue.
I worked for the Home Health Department and I felt that my employers made a superb effort to prepare us for each new case.
I received a raise each year and the benefits were wonderful.
ARHS is a small company and I felt that as an employee I mattered and was important. They took good care of us.
Good Place To Work
Billing and follow-up specialist (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 20, 2015
Organization provides competitive wages and benefits. Organization employs hundreds so its hard for the management to know every employee.
Pros
HSA, tuition reimbursement, PDO
Cons
Short lunch, long days
Efficient and busy
RN (Current Employee) –  McDowell, KYOctober 8, 2015
Critical Access facility with administration body who had been there for years. Small but also efficient. Has some wonderful attributes but unorganized and lots of inconsistencies. My management skills have much improved but my clinical skills have declined some what due to lack of procedures. We have some great employees and a handfull of bad and I thank Appalachian Regional Healthcare for allowing me to work in this small community facility/close to home as long as they have.
Good place to work in the high country
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCAugust 25, 2012
The pay and benefits are great for the region. Upper management really cares about providing quality care to the high country.
Just Keep Looking!!!
Cook, Baker, Dishwaher, Tray Starter, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCFebruary 4, 2013
The supervisors have no idea how to run a kitchen, you will only get one weeks schedule at a time, no guarantee of weekends off (even though you are supposed to get one every now and then), rules only apply to certain people and when you "break" them, your schedule reflects the punishment. There is no advancement and the moral is appalling!!! Do yourself a favor and keep looking!!!!!
Cons
thirty minute lunches, too much work, not enough people to cover the schedule, no support from management, no role modeling from management.
Fabulous Health Care and Gym Facility
Cardiac Rehab/Thrive Intern (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJuly 7, 2015
The wellness center is an amazing place to be a part of. The trainers are fantastic, and they are equipped with more knowledge than you could ever think of questions for.
All about the numbers keep looking
you never know (Former Employee) –  Adult and Family MedicineJune 19, 2013
Keep looking. Only care about numbers. No advancement. Low pay. No pay increases. Left not knowing day to day. No compliance to procedures. No standardization. Very few lunch breaks. Horrible turnover. No coverage must do 2 to 3 jobs at a time. Supervisors do not care about employee concerns. Never know what your job will be day to day. If you do not conform to inappropriate procedures or file a complaint you will loose your job.
Pros
patients
Cons
mamagement
Not a good place to work.
.. (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCDecember 14, 2012
Management does not know what they are doing. Leaves you with questions and it never feels like anything is taken care of appropriately.
This organization has made a difference in the community.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 25, 2012
This is a small outpatient behavioral health setting that has gone through a lot of change. There have been lots of good co-workers that have come and gone in the four years I have been there.
Pros
great location.
Cons
constant change and turnover
Would Be A Great Place To Work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCApril 6, 2014
I would have been able to work there after my externship. It would have been a great place to work the people are great and they really care about the patients that they take care of.
Horrible place to work!
Billing and Follow Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCJune 16, 2014
Incompetent mgmt. that doesn't even know what all their employees actually do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appalachian Regional Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5