Appalachian Regional Healthcare

Appalachian Regional Healthcare Employer Reviews

Good place tp work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Whitesburg KYAugust 9, 2014
Great place to work. Good management. Good Pay. Good benefits.
Hospital business as usual
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: close to home, insurance
Cons: expected to work long hours
Coworkers are the best, long hours and short staffed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management . The most enjoyable was seeing patients receive the care they deserved.
Productive and fast pace work style.
CNA (Former Employee), Hazard, KYFebruary 2, 2014
Cons: short breaks.
Go in a 7am and start taking vital signs then pass breakfast trays, help patients take a bath and do their ADLs, vital signs again at 11am then pass lunch trays, finish baths, vital signs at 3pm then pass dinner trays at 5pm, make sure rooms are clean and stocked up before leaving at 730pm.
Typical day at ARH
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee), Harlan, KYSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: insurance for family
Cons: this is the best the small town has to offer for someone like myself.
A typical day at work is completing a list of tasks assigned by management over an 8 hour time period. I am CPI & CPR registered. I have a friendly personality which in return makes it easy to get along with my co workers and management during almost any situation. The hardest part of my job is when we are short staffed and having so much to accomplish – more... in a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to come in contact with so many different people and bringing a positive impact into my work place. – less
Loved this job wish had never been let go
Outpatient Surgery Secretary/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Boone, NCMay 29, 2013
Pros: met lots of people got to know the doctors and was on very good terms with them.
Cons: honestly there were more cheifs than indians.
Each day consisted of scheduling pre-admit appointments, scheduling procedures, answering phones, and making surgery charts. I experienced what is required for patients in a healthcare environment I learned all the requirements for surgery including getting patient records needed for determining patient's condition is acceptable for surgery. My co-workers – more... became like my family we worked together like a family. It was always great to get to sit down for lunch and laugh and tell stories while we enjoyed our lunch with the staff. – less
Wonderful place to work but as the economy fell they expected more of each employee with less staff which made it hard on everyone.
Outpatient Surgery Secretary/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Boone, NCJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: co-workers who believed in god and could talk to them freely about it, had weekends and holidays off.
Cons: short staffed, expected you to jump through hoops outside your main expected job, very low yearly raises.
Each day was very fast paced which I loved because it made the day go by fast.
In my 11 years working there I learned a lot about all the different surgery procedures and what is required for each person to have surgery. I learned what all the requirements are for surgery and enjoyed getting to know all the doctors and surgeons. I was in very good relations – more... with all the local surgeon offices and all the doctors loved me.
I loved all my co-workers they were all like family to me they took care of me and watched out for me were there when I needed them whether it be personal or needing a break they were always eager to help me.
The position became stressful for me when our admissions was removed from outpatient surgery and I took on that replacement plus the position of Unit Secretary I was just overwhelmed with all the change.
I do miss talking with my co-workers, doctors, surgeons, and other hospital staff they were all a joy to be around. We were like a family we learned from each other. – less
nursing home setting-so it could have been worse
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Blowing Rock, NCDecember 5, 2012
I think rules should be followed and it shodlnt matter who you are or who you know if you are wrong, you should be dealt with