APPCO Group Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
takes alot of patience also may get hard but stick with it for the best results .it took a little while but i got through it very exiting work place would love to work here again
Door to Door sales
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
You're essentially walking up door to door pitching a sale for various charities. The people there are really informative, and they give you great advice but it can be a stressful, demotivating job. If you love talking with people this may it a good fit for you. The hardest part is actually getting their information to get your sale. The most enjoyable part is that you're on your own pace.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
It's commission based. If you don't hit high numbers, you can get fired
Decent
Fundraiser/ field representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 15, 2016
There are people that genuinely believe in the client and people who could care less about the client. I watched good people walk away and others risk it all to help clients.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Not much room to further education.
Great Opportunities, bussines development
Direct Marketing (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 8, 2016
The job is amazing for hard-working people.
It provides great communication skills and lifestyle changes,also helps you to know how to work under pressure as helping you to control your emotionally and to think logic. I learned how to be positive and always find a solutions in any situation.
My reason for leaving is that the job was based on commission only.
Pros
Free product training
Fun environment
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2016
a day at Appco would start with training my sales team and go over their performances to find out a way to improve our performance as a team. I had to design different games to engage my team and entourage them to compete against each other in a friendly and constructive manner.
lots of fun
Corporate Management Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshOctober 3, 2016
Promoted to Management Trainer from Management Trainee in the third week of employment.
• Trained the Management trainee on positive sales attitude and improved sales.
• Lead team on road trips every month to explore new market area.
• Guided morning refreshment and training session on company basis for the new employees.
• Facilitated evening analysis of day’s sales and developed plan of action for improvement.
Exploitative Job
Professional Fundraiser and Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2016
This job is a 12-hour-a-day gig where you run from door to door outside all year long, 5-6 days a week. for those in management positions or seeking management positions, you must work saturdays as well. Base pay is $30/a day for a 12 hour day, plus minimal commisions. It is exploitative with no benefits, long hours, and unethically small pay. It's an illegal situation all together. I do not recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
Tiny base pay, long hours, no benefits
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
the pay was low for all the hard work you do and you must supply your own car fair when traveling form town to town . they do not pay for travel unless your going to out of state or on the west coast .
Pros
no Free Lunch
Cons
when you come in you have 10 min to eat and you get a 25 min lunch
A place that teaches valuable skills.
team manager (Former Employee) –  robinson roadAugust 19, 2016
Friendly and fun enviroment. Opportunities for promotions. A place that do not discriminate people without education certificates. A place that offer equal chances from every one
Pros
meet people from different walk of life
Cons
long hours. full commision
life sucking for nothing
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2016
go to office at ten for 1-2 hr meeting/training
leave office at 1130 drive to stores in your vehicle/ carpool
stand in front of stores and ask people to donate $30/mo from 1230 - 630

$35/day + $50/sign up
less than one a day over two weeks and your out

difficult high energy sales
Pros
hirer almost anyone, new place everyday, not stuck in a building
Cons
long days next to no pay, extreme elements are irrelevant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain City, TNJuly 13, 2016
Good job. The management was good. Keeping employees was difficult and there were no benefits. The company went out of business.
Great overall environment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
The environment was great but the promises for promotions and success were never fulfilled and were more like a tactic to pull people in.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
No benefits, room for growth or true leadership.
good Culture
Training Manager (Manger Program) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2016
Having fun, leading by example, teaching and learning how to become sales person. Mangers are amazing, fun to be around. Coworkers are pretty much like family. The hardest part is the hours we work. We work really hard but the outcome at the end is worth it. That we change peoples lives on a daily basis.
Fun uplifting work environment
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 18, 2016
A day at Appco consisted of meeting with business attire on for the first hour and half of the day, going over goals, quotas and getting in site from individuals who are highly ranked in making sales. The second half of the day consist of face to face advertising of products from several non profit organizations looking to build. The environment was very warm and inviting but also exciting. I learned about leadership and building a not only a brand but a business. I learned how to work through struggles and progressing towards perfection. I learned obedience and consistency are key to becoming successful. The hardest part was making sales goals if one started off weak at the beginning of the week. However, there was much motivation and drive in the office to want to start all over the next day.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Budget cuts
Fun Place to work with and great coworkers.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 8, 2016
When going into office is a fun environment to be working. Learn how to communicate with more people and being more comfortable in developing my communication skills
I love Appco!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I am only 18 years old and feel like I have more opportunity than ever! I love working for appco. All my coworkers are like family, its such a pleasant place to work at! Especially knowing I have a strong support system!
appco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staffordsville, KYFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was you came in at 1:00 p.m. and didnt get off until 10:00p.m. you hardly got a break. When you first get there you had to run the cash register, keep up food, make pizza packs for pizza rolls. Then around 6 you had to keep up with the register, while waiting on people you also had to try and clean, bathroom, take out trash, try and stock the cooler in between customers, and then at 9 is when you brake down the soda fountains, brake down food case, sweep and mop the floors, wash dishes, then at 9:45 you start to shut down the store so you can count your drawer for the night.
Pros
learned how to use different micheans, and got to talk to different people
Cons
hardly got a break, somedays i ended up doing all of the work, that was supose to be spelt between me and another co worker, made to pull back to back shifts four days in a row, and they world start at 5 in the morning until 10 at night everyday
Great for Young Professionals wanting management training
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Appco is a very unique company with a great environment for the right people. The mornings are fun and profressional with everyone dressing up in suits and ties. We go over sales and management tactics with upper management, this part of the job is sometimes as good as a college class, there is so much training and time that goes into it from well developed management. After this we focus on our own team, and put that management training to use. Then face-to-face marketing for 6-8 hours. This is the rigorous part and is not for everyone, is sales are not made, no pay. Plus no benefits, and no paid time off. Great for a first job.
Great, fast-paced environment
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 13, 2016
In Appco, the most important thing is to have a Student mentality. If you work hard you will get results as I did, which is why I got promoted my first month in the company. Great opportunity, just way too many hours which I need a part-time job because 'm continuing my education.
a door to door sales for peco energy getting customers to sign into the program
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2015
fun work place with minimal supervision and management.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being outside and interacting with customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APPCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9