Appian

Appian Employer Reviews

Good technology
Technical Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 16, 2014
Good solid technology; smart people; great clients

If driven by technology this is the place for you; challenging projects, interesting clients; great colleagues; opportunity for growth. Great location in the technology corridor of Reston, VA.
Best idea wins!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 22, 2013
Accepting my position with Appian has changed my life; I am never looking back!
not a good place to work
employee (Former Employee), NYAugust 17, 2013
Pros: you have a job
Cons: you have to go there
Keep lookin. There are better companies to work for..................
Never looking back
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2013
Pros: work/life balance, visability, location of office - places to eat, benefits, corporate culture
Cons: n/a
I came to Appian from a large organization that had great benefits and a great culture and all I can say is I'm never looking back. Appian is a small organization where ideas matter. It's a flat organization so there is visibility (if you like that sort of thing) and opportunities to move around in the organization. Since I've started, people have gone – more... out of their way to introduce themselves and make me feel welcomed and part of the Appian Community. – less
Never looking back
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2013
Cons: n/a
The place I've been looking for my whole professional career!
Consultant (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: monday breakfast, fun culture, free coffee & tea, great management
Cons: no metro
Appian is the environment I've been looking for my whole entire professional career! Creative thinking and hard work are recognized and rewarded.
Innovative technology company with great people and growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: smart and driven employees, professional and collaborative environment, fun perks
Cons: there's always something to work on and to learn...never a dull moment
Appian is an innovative software company with vision, disciplined management, solid benefits, and fantastic employees. Having worked for a start-up, small and medium-sized companies, to Fortune 100 global companies, I can confidently say that Appian strikes the right balance and is the best place I've worked at.

The company is a leader in the enterprise – more... software industry for business process management but it's never complacent. Appian's management team and its employees keep innovating its award-winning product, delivering world-class services to global companies, and finding ways to improve how to run and grow the company.

Appian believes in hiring the best people, so salary and benefits are competitive. Additional perks, activities, and company-sponsored events are awesome: free food, sports games, concerts, weekend retreats, just to name a few.

Employees are definitely high caliber professionals who are intelligent, collaborative, driven, and fun! Being a growing company, there are opportunities for growth and advancement. Management empowers employees to do their work in a supportive environment. They also encourage us to bring new ideas to the team and even to the CEO.

Appian is a great place for people who are talented, motivated, disciplined, and team-oriented. If you're just looking to get a job, get by, and get a paycheck, Appian is probably not the place for you. – less
Great Benefits & Culture
Corporate (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: appian events cannot compete with other companys: fantastic holiday party, tickets to sporting events, concerts, movies and much much more!
Cons: selective when hiring. very competitive
I am a rather new employee to Appian. Before coming here I didn't know what it was like to be a valued employee. Appian takes care of it's employees and respects them. The company culture is fantastic. The work is hard and sometimes challenging but worth it every day!

The employees here are welcoming and very smart. Every departments works well together – more... and are constantly helping each other out. That is one of the benefits of working in a smaller company. – less
Innovative Company with great upside
Sales (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: fast paced and exciting. it's like an established company with start-up mentality.
Cons: hard work and a desire to excel is a must
There are a ton of smart and fun people at Appian. They truly care about the product the market/sell/deploy/build. Perks by management include an elegant Holiday Party, and Weekend events where employee's families are invited.
A Silicon Valley software company right outside Washington, DC
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: smart, fun people. great location. serious computer science.
Cons: if you're used to acing job interviews, get ready to be humbled... it's worth it if you get in, though.
I've worked at several east coast software start-ups, and was starting to believe that they all either moved to California or went under - until I came to Appian. Appian has got the best team of software engineers I've ever worked with. Since starting at Appian, I've gotten hands-on experience with software development concepts I'd read about but never – more... dreamed of actually doing unless I went to work for Google or Microsoft - like working on a declarative expression language and the framework that runs it.

Furthermore, the company is rock solid. Strong revenue, profitable, and negligible VC, so no one's gonna force them to relocate or do anything they don't want to do.

I joined Appian as a senior engineer, and found myself right in the middle between engineers who had been at Appian for 5+ years and knew a lot more than me, and a vibrant group of engineers joining Appian right out of school. It's an incredibly challenging job, but it's a fun culture whether you're young and single or have a few more years under your belt, kids and a mortgage.

My favorite thing about my job is that Appian doesn't back down from anything because it's technically challenging. They know what they want their product to do, and don't cut corners. – less
solid software vendor driving innovation
Business Development Rep (Former Employee), Reston, Virginia (USA)January 31, 2013
Pros: company weekend, holiday party at dc museum, growing, innovative, stock option grants
Cons: none come to mind
As a member of the inside sales team, I am an the phones with prospects and customers discussing Appian's technology Platform and various issues present in their environments. In this role I've attended product training and gained knowledge of systems and applications and current and emerging trends in IT, including Social, Mobile, Cloud. The Founders – more... of Appian and other Senior Management Staff are committed to the growth and success of the company and have a long term vision to grow the enterprise. Co-workers are bright and driven, and Appian recruits heavily from top schools, including Duke, UVA, MIT, Virginia Tech and Dartmouth.
No hardest part of the job comes to mind, but Appian is a fast moving company, with frequent upgrades/new features, so Appianites are not standing in place. Applicants with an interest in taking on challenges and making a difference and those are committed to excellence should take a serious look at this company. As an innovative leader in technology that has relevance to any person or company looking to improve the way work is handled, I enjoy being part of a company making an impact across industry verticals, both in the commercial market and in Federal Agencies. Since a number of Appian's hires are either newly minted college graduates or young experienced hires, Appian has a young culture and it is great being around these employees because of their enthusiasm and passion for the product and the technology. Appian's technology has been validated by independent Analyst Firms, including Gartner. – less
Great place to work with plenty of growth opportunities
Marketing Events Associate (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: motivated employees; fun activities to show employee appreciation; wonderful benefits
Cons: have to keep lots of balls in the air
I have really enjoyed working at Appian. I have learned quite a lot while being here, and know that there are plenty of growth opportunities in my future at Appian.

My co-workers are driven, hard workers, whom I respect and appreciate. I have also made several strong friendships while being here. No complaints. All around a top place to work!
Cutting-edge technology in a fun atmosphere
Web Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: free coffee/tea, quarterly happy hours, awesome holiday party
Cons: non-metro-accessible headquarters
Appian is a great software company to work for - people work hard but also play hard. I've been here for many years, and have had the opportunity to take on interesting new duties. My department is small but gets a LOT done, so my routine is different every day - there's no time to get bored or stagnant. The "Center of Funcellence" plans frequent happy – more... hours, trivia nights, and other events, and there's always free coffee in the break room (Keurigs get me through the day!). I always have to explain what exactly we do to friends, but at the end of the day, we work with really interesting, big customers. – less
Appian
Product (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: competitive salary and benefits, great people, innovative company
Cons: competitive, very selective during hiring
I have worked for Appian for over 8 years now and found it to be an exciting place to work providing me with long term career growth.

Since working for Appian, I have held technical positions, sales leadership positions, and product leadership positions spanning multiple departments. I have had the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients – more... across North America, Europe and Australia.

I have learned that one must always be innovating to stay ahead in the software industry. Appian is not a place for a 9-to-5 job, but rather a place that is always working hard to push the boundaries of innovation in software and technology.

Management has been strong, founding the company of solid business practices and financial growth. We never grow beyond our means or put ourselves in a position of financial distress. This has made for reliably stable growth and new opportunities for all the employees.

My co-workers are all excellent. Appian has been very selective in hiring employees and has hired only those who are dedicated to the enterprise software space, intelligent and work well with the rest of the team. Sometimes this has meant we have many open positions waiting to find the right person, though.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace of innovation. To work at Appian, you must be always thinking a few steps ahead and not settling for 2nd best.

The most enjoyable part of Appian is the constant pace of innovation and learning along with the confidence that the company is financially sound and grows organically. – less
Work hard. Play hard.
Recruiting (Current Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: catered monday breakfasts, xbox game room, reston town center location
Cons: lots of work to be done so come ready to get your hands & knees dirty (figuratively)
I joined Appian within the last year and have enjoyed my time ever since day one. The people are amazing and exceptionally bright. Everyone is close-knit and collaborates on projects both internally/externally. The product is forward thinking and innovative. Great place to work and a great chance to learn lots of new things.
Exciting work in an innovative and collaborative environment
Director (Current Employee), Reston, VirginiaJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: collaborative environment, innovative technology, meritocracy
Cons: the company is growing rapidly, so scaling up staff will be essential for sharing the workload
Appian's management team runs on the philosophy that every employee has the right to amaze his or her peers. New ideas are welcomed, and strong performance is rewarded. Appian's technology is the most cutting-edge, and the company is geared around innovation - finding new ways to accomplish great things. The bar is high, so the work is challenging. – more... The people are energetic and committed to the company's mission. A great place to work. – less
A very enjoyable place to work in a small business environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: part-time position
A typical day is opening and distributing mail, searching the media for related information, bill tracking, typing related correspondence, scheduling meetings, attending legislative hearings, and processing payment vouchers.
I have learned a lot more about the legislature and our state representatives.
As far as management and co-workers, there are – more... only two other people in the office, and that is the President and Vice President of the company and we work very well together.
The hardest part of my job is to stay constructively busy during down times.
The most enjoyable is planning and attending meetings and hearings. – less

About Appian

Appian is the market leader in modern Business Process Management software. We deliver unique worksocial capabilities by combining – Read more