DATA ARCHITECT POSITION
Software Engineer with excellent skills in data architectures. This job is responsible for end-to-end vision on how a logical design will translate to one or more data repositories and how the data will flow through the stages involved. The architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration (validation, clean-up, and mapping) and will need to understand the importance of data dictionaries. Experience with large relational database deployments is required.
It is essential that you will be able to deliver as an individual contributor, while also assisting others when applicable. You must be self-motivated and a quick learner. You will be working as a team-member closely with other software engineers, development and product manager, along with our QA team.
- Design and help develop ETL, replication schemes, and query optimization techniques that support highly-varied (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured) and high-velocity (near real-time) data processing and delivery.
- Develop standards and methodologies for benchmarking, performance, evaluation, testing, data security and data privacy.
- Perform impact analysis, performance tuning, capacity planning for the data warehouse and its infrastructure as source systems are added and new integration business rules and logic are introduced.
- Provide recommendations, technical direction and leadership for NoSQL technologies as part of the overall architecture.
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS solutions such as MySQL/MariaDB and Oracle.
- 3+ years of application development using Java or other object oriented language
- A solid understanding of web application development processes
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum implementation teams.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients.
- Design, create and program relational databases per project needs.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications
- Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Appistry (www.appistry.com) orchestrates solutions to big data problems, and since 2001, the company’s fabric technology has empowered...