Apple Bank for Savings

Apple Bank for Savings Employer Reviews

GOOD
ASSISTANT OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
I ENJOY WORKING AT APPLE BANK, IT CONTRIBUTES WITH THE MY BANKING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.
Fun Environment
Teller (Former Employee), Babylon, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: nice employees
Cons: only part time positions
Staff and customers we very pleasant. Work was fairly easy.
Productive, Fun
Supervisory Teller, Senior Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: lunches, product campaigns, helalthcare
Taking care of customers and letting them know about banking products and services. I have learned to be proactive in talking to people. Management was very helpful in getting work done and questions answered, when help was needed. Co-workers were nice and helpful, a lot of teamwork. The most enjoyable part was the customers and working with new people.
Okay workplace but not a career
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Manhasset, NYMarch 11, 2014
I wish not to provide a review at this time. I am not a happy camper with this financial institution. I do not wish to stay here any longer. I am seeking other opportunity with growth possible as it is not within Apple Bank.
Hard Work Pays Off
Teller (Former Employee), Westbury, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, flexible with overtime
Cons: very busy, not much down time and many tasks to complete by the end of the day
A typical day for a bank teller included handling deposit and withdrawal transactions, check cashing and safe keeping of cash and checks received. The more responsibilities that you took on the more likely you were to advance with the company.
I started out as an acquired bank teller from Emigrant Bank the transition was smooth. training was hands on – more... and more thorough with identifying customers. Managers were friendly and co-workers were helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was learning a new system after previously doing it a different way at the previous bank. Also there were reports, check scanning and double checking work before the end of the day while also taking transactions.The most enjoyable part of it was the customers. After a while you become familiar with the regular customers and they are quite friendly. Make sure to converse after you have finished the transaction so that you don't screw up the transactions which I may have been guilty of once or twice. All in all great job. – less
very supportive and very understaffed
AVP - ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
Pros: supporttive enviornment
Cons: very short staffed
Independently authorized to act in the best interest of the bank in all matters of security including training bank employees regarding bank fraud and fraud prevention, bank robberies and investigating all bank fraud. Bank workers were very supportive. Maintained all physical security equipment including burglar alarm system and CCTV surveillance systems. – more... I also assisted other Bank Security investigators and law enforcement with fraud investigations The work load was constant and very busy and very rewarding. – less
what you learned
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: shorts breaks
I learned how to interact with others. How to help customers with their needs. Assist tellers since I was Operations supervisor. Balance the ATM's. Do daily reports. Oder cash for the branch. Proof the branch. Process the checks. Customer service.
It is an average place to work.
Supervisory Teller (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 31, 2013
Apple Bank does not have much room for growth. We are extremely short staffed. I enjoy helping our various customers.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Thornwood, NYJune 26, 2013
Pros: happy work enviornment
Teller Duties, handle all teller transactions for customers, co-workers were very friendly, very enjoyable job.
bank financial instuitue
Special Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 3, 2013
Pros: good work experience as well as overall life experience
Cons: there were not any cons
i learned a lot being a team player and held a lot responsibility in this company. how to deal with irate customers and excellent customer service.
Great Place to work for
Operational Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2013
Pros: i was able to help customers on a daily basis
Cons: i have no complaints
I was in control of the teller unit. I was The Supervisor of Operations and managed eight tellers and the daily function of the banking floor
Supervising the tellers and the Reconciliation Dept.
Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
Pros: dealing with the customers
Cons: when tellers were short money
Make sure the tellers were doing their job efficiently.
I learned how to communicate with the different tellers.
Management was great to work with, always there to help.
Co-workers were nice to work with, it was like a family.
Hardest part of the job was having to tell a teller they were short money.
The most enjoyable part of the job was balancing – more... every teller and finding out they all balanced out to the penny. – less
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: annual increases and christmas bonuses based on company's profits.
Cons: travelling to nyc for early morning meetings.
I worked for this employer for approximately 13 years and only resigned because I moved to another state. The days were productive and I worked on many Cobol programs which added to my extensive knowledge of Cobol. Employees were given the time and space to get the job done and were treated with respect. The hardest part of the job was waiting to get – more... reports and the most enjoyable part was working with a great group of programmers and operators. Supervisors and Managers were always willing to share their knowledge and showed patience while training on new concepts. – less
great workplace
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Working together as a team. Learning and growing professionally
Productive place to work in.
Special Service Bank Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Opening and closing accounts, making deposits and withdrawals from customers accounts and cross selling bank products.
Productive and stable work environment
Bank Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2012
Pros: health care, good day offs, and benefits
Cons: mandatory weekend work for supervisors
I would come in open bank with a manager- set up Tellers for the day-
Prepare desk (3 desk rotation)/ATM/Statement-
ATM go to machines-empty and replenish cash and receipts tapes-
Proof machine-interact with other locations during the course of the day-
support other supervisors and Proof ATM machines.
Very professional and pleasant environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2012
Pros: great medical package and short days
Cons: limited growth
A typical day at work:
- Verified deposits and withdrawals and performed general banking duties
- Used product knowledge an customer service skills to increase bank's and customers' investments
- Performed efficient end-of-day closing duties.

I learn a lot about my mathematical skills. I closed everyday with a closing difference of one nickel or less.

Management – more... was respectable and supportive.

My co-workers were trustworthy and pleasant to work with.

The hardest part was making sure that you did not receive counterfeit money, and concerns for you safety in case of a robbery.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different people; no two days were the same. – less
Apple Bank was the best job, it was my first job. I loved being a teller and the a Customer Service Rep.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 13, 2012
As a teller I made deposits and withdrawals for the customers. Sold them money orders, bank checks, etc. I learned to be patient, understanding but firm. My co-workers were fun and smart while still being professionals. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home.