Apple Bank for Savings Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10011November 17, 2016
Working her is noot worth the time. Management staff is childish & petty. There's job security, they don't have a pension. It's a counter productive environment. In this department, no room for advancement
Pros
Cons
Miserable work environment, low pay high turnover rate
Politics at its best
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2016
Apple has high turnover rate low pay the only good thing is the staff the people are nice but the company cldnt be any worse no room for advancement based off your work it depends on who you know here
Pros
Friendly staff good schedule
Cons
Low pay no room for growth
Was a pt Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I worked 20 hr a week. it was a great working environment. Very busy day at work. Mostly neighborhood customers and they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was counting money at the end of the day cause it took a long time.
its ok company
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2016
the company is ok to start with, within banking. But there is no room for growth. The company isn't up to date with the banking, and it is very hard to bring in customer because the bank is out dated
Pretty cool
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Apple bank is pretty cool place to work overall , it's super diverse and the managers are also very nice. Apple bank is a savings bank that is located only in New York City
Relaxed and laid back environment
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2016
At 9:00a.m. I would clear the ATM by processing all of the deposits that were made, after that I check the closed account reports and the CTR for the previous day. In and between if there are customers I assist them if no one else is available at the moment. When I'm finished with that I assist customers with there everyday banking needs. I also assist anyone that require my help.
Cons
healthcare, no benefits, not a lot of customers
Apple Bank Review
Technical Support Level II (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 19, 2016
Apple Bank provided a very enjoyable and well paced working environment where one could grow technically with what the company provided. The company is fair to its employees and rewards hard work.
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
Monitary compensation
Good place to work, fun at times
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 6, 2016
enjoyed working for this company, great staff , need be a multitasker, can be hectic at times. enjoyed helping customers,
Pros
great managers, fun place to work, advanced quickly
Cons
healthcare too costly
great job for college student
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
great schedule , great job for a college student. only busy days are the beginning of each month after that its verrrrrrry slow.
Typical day at work
Supervisory Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2015
I open the cash vaults, take out a certain amount of cash to start my tellers for the day to work with. Balance the ATM for my customers to retrieve cash and make deposits. I then receive my daily paper work from my managers and perform my daily duties in a timely manner. I assist my tellers in customer relative issues. The hardest part of my job is making sure my tellers do not have a cash difference, if so having to find there difference and calling a customer if my teller given too much or too little out. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all my customers are satisfied when they leave and that I gave them 100 percent great customer service. also having fun with my coworkers.
Pros
Incentives when opening new accounts, staff lunches.
Cons
Shortages, dissatisfied customers.
Good staff
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2013
• Worked with customers on a daily basis, meeting their banking needs and either answering or referring their financial questions to the appropriate supervisory individuals.
• Maintained appropriate cash limits, cashed checks, and issued cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, cash advances, exchanging foreign currency, safe deposit payments, and funds transfers.
• Cash and check deposits, processed loan payments, and opened new accounts.
• Trained recently hired bank tellers.
Productive work environment
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  706 w 181st street new york ny 10033August 15, 2013
Typical day at work dual control vault opening, counting cash, settling ATM machines, ordering cash, processing transactions, opening accounts, daily reports, filming checks, verifying that transactions were done correctly by tellers from the previous day, supplying cash to machines and tellers, and branch proofing at the end of the day. I have learned time management, patience, customer service, and responsibility. The management team is wonderful. It is a team effort. The hardest part about my job is differences tellers that show large sums of cash. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Pros
co workers, management, training, and work space
Cons
healthcare
Supervising the tellers and the Reconciliation Dept.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
Make sure the tellers were doing their job efficiently.
I learned how to communicate with the different tellers.
Management was great to work with, always there to help.
Co-workers were nice to work with, it was like a family.
Hardest part of the job was having to tell a teller they were short money.
The most enjoyable part of the job was balancing every teller and finding out they all balanced out to the penny.
Pros
dealing with the customers
Cons
when tellers were short money
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 16, 2013
I worked for this employer for approximately 13 years and only resigned because I moved to another state. The days were productive and I worked on many Cobol programs which added to my extensive knowledge of Cobol. Employees were given the time and space to get the job done and were treated with respect. The hardest part of the job was waiting to get reports and the most enjoyable part was working with a great group of programmers and operators. Supervisors and Managers were always willing to share their knowledge and showed patience while training on new concepts.
Pros
annual increases and christmas bonuses based on company's profits.
Cons
travelling to nyc for early morning meetings.
very supportive and very understaffed
AVP - ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
Independently authorized to act in the best interest of the bank in all matters of security including training bank employees regarding bank fraud and fraud prevention, bank robberies and investigating all bank fraud. Bank workers were very supportive. Maintained all physical security equipment including burglar alarm system and CCTV surveillance systems. I also assisted other Bank Security investigators and law enforcement with fraud investigations The work load was constant and very busy and very rewarding.
Pros
supporttive enviornment
Cons
very short staffed
Very professional and pleasant environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2012
A typical day at work:
- Verified deposits and withdrawals and performed general banking duties
- Used product knowledge an customer service skills to increase bank's and customers' investments
- Performed efficient end-of-day closing duties.

I learn a lot about my mathematical skills. I closed everyday with a closing difference of one nickel or less.

Management was respectable and supportive.

My co-workers were trustworthy and pleasant to work with.

The hardest part was making sure that you did not receive counterfeit money, and concerns for you safety in case of a robbery.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different people; no two days were the same.
Pros
great medical package and short days
Cons
limited growth
Productive and stable work environment
Bank Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2012
I would come in open bank with a manager- set up Tellers for the day-
Prepare desk (3 desk rotation)/ATM/Statement-
ATM go to machines-empty and replenish cash and receipts tapes-
Proof machine-interact with other locations during the course of the day-
support other supervisors and Proof ATM machines.
Pros
health care, good day offs, and benefits
Cons
mandatory weekend work for supervisors
Productive workplace, dedicated to their customers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2013
A typical day at work begins with each employee making sure their cash box is accurate and that they have all the paper work they will need to provide customers with a speedy transaction. At Apple Bank, I learned how to process cash and check deposits and how to tranfer funds between accounts. I also learned how to create money orders and bank checks, and how to cash them out or deposit them into customer accounts. The management team were helpful and knowledgeable about products. The hardest part of the job was assisting customers at the end of the day with only two tellers open and a line that reached the front door. The most enjoyable part of the job was easing the anxiety of customers who were confused about certain aspects of their account.
Apple Bank was the best job, it was my first job. I loved being a teller and the a Customer Service Rep.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 13, 2012
As a teller I made deposits and withdrawals for the customers. Sold them money orders, bank checks, etc. I learned to be patient, understanding but firm. My co-workers were fun and smart while still being professionals. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home.
Stressful but necessary
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Stressful work place with not a lot of room for advancement. Overworked & under-paid. Excessive work politics & favoritism. Able to learn new skills.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health insurance, benefits & no pension

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Bank for Savings. Our community is ready to answer.

Apple Bank for Savings Reviews by Location