Apple Bank for Savings Employee Reviews

Positive and productive work environment.
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
I've been working at Apple Bank For Savings for the last 4 years. Its a great company to work for and grow as a person and professional. Our team is great and we thrive as a unit. Each day present a different challenge. We face each challenge as a unit and with great confidence. Our management team is supportive and is alway open for new ideas.
Pros
Positive, Productive and Growth.
I did not enjoy working at this bank
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2017
I did not actually experience the full Apple Bank company because I stayed over when Emigrant Bank was acquired. I think Apple may have been a better company but I am not sure.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
A lot of them
The entire branch worked together as a team
New Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this financial institution. The entire branch worked together as a team. In addition, the training procedures were excellent. The workplace was extremely productive daily.
Pros
Extremely productive
friendly and motivated
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Working for the Apple Bank of NY made me accountable and consistent to their work ethics. I always had a strong work history and came back into the work force after an injury, thus tapping into my own resources.
Pros
Cons
lunch
Work/life balance
Cell Phone Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
As a Computer Support intern, I have learned a lot, especially when its come to hardware and software related issues. This internship gives me the real world experience of being Computer Support and the knowledge it takes to be a support specialist as well
Great customers, horrible management
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Apple Bank isn't a horrible place to work if you're not looking to advance. They are not interested in promoting their tellers to higher positions such as head teller or customer service reps. Some locations can be filled with drama and management does nothing but push it under the rug and acts as if it doesn't exist. The customers however, as regulars and you will create relationships with them.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, lack of promotion, slow pace.
N/a
Senior teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2017
Everything is fun. i enjoy the ocompany althought they are very conservative. A little bit more of investing in technology would be great but if it works for them then its okay.
No Life at All
Sr.Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2017
With Apple Bank for Savings, all the employees complain and ready to fight for the higher positions. There is no professionalism in the banking field at all. Trainings are fun but are nothing compared to the real job.
Pros
Cons
No Growth
Great Job Work/Life Balance
ABM (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2017
This is a decent company to work for. The hours are great but the compensation is below average. Upper management seem to be learning as they go along, therefore there is a lack of accurate information going down the pipeline.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Low wages, poor management
Great Senior Management
Assistant Vice President of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 24, 2017
Apple Bank has a family friendly corporate culture with a flat organization structure that allows for job flexibility and endless exposure to different opportunities within the bank.

Want to know more about Apple Bank for Savings?

Ask a question
productive and fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced and fun. i have learned about the different consumer personalities and how to deal with them. Management is great. They are very helpful and caring. the culture at work is happy and always helpful to each other. The hardest part of the job is when it is slow. I find things to do to be productive but time goes slower. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different personalities and different issues that arise on a daily bases.
Pros
free lunches and friendships
Working at Apple Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10065May 13, 2017
This job offers paid training so you pretty much go on the job with a sense of confidence because you know what to expect. Training is for two weeks and although so people go to training before starting the job you must be prepared to go straight to the branch you will be working in if the training classed are full. You will see that you catch on easily if you pay attention in training class or to whoever you are "shadowing" in the branch. Providing excellent customer service is a must as you are dealing directly with the public. You should pay attention and follow policy at all times. You learn how to handle large sums of money and deal with specific problems.
Pros
Good benefits, Easy Database to use, Interacting with the public
Good for beginners, bot for advancement
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
A lot of drama and outdated systems. Job advancement is very difficult. You will have a hard time learning the system if you are used to more advanced systems.
Good place to work. Organized and friendly colleagues.
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 24, 2017
Fun place to work in my experience. Team members and colleagues are cooperative and work load is quite manageable. It isn't the most exciting place to work if you are looking for challenge and latest technology.
Was a different experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
I'm always happy to work and most of all I love working with coworkers and management that is friendly. Most times I didn't want to work and I didn't like the lack of respect from customers and workers
Cons
No team work
Was a pt Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I worked 20 hr a week. it was a great working environment. Very busy day at work. Mostly neighborhood customers and they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was counting money at the end of the day cause it took a long time.
Politics at its best
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2016
Apple has high turnover rate low pay the only good thing is the staff the people are nice but the company cldnt be any worse no room for advancement based off your work it depends on who you know here
Pros
Friendly staff good schedule
Cons
Low pay no room for growth
Horrible place to work
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10011November 17, 2016
Working her is noot worth the time. Management staff is childish & petty. There's job security, they don't have a pension. It's a counter productive environment. In this department, no room for advancement
Pros
Cons
Miserable work environment, low pay high turnover rate
its ok company
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2016
the company is ok to start with, within banking. But there is no room for growth. The company isn't up to date with the banking, and it is very hard to bring in customer because the bank is out dated
Pretty cool
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Apple bank is pretty cool place to work overall , it's super diverse and the managers are also very nice. Apple bank is a savings bank that is located only in New York City

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Bank for Savings. Our community is ready to answer.