Apple Bank for Savings Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed and laid back environment
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2016
At 9:00a.m. I would clear the ATM by processing all of the deposits that were made, after that I check the closed account reports and the CTR for the previous day. In and between if there are customers I assist them if no one else is available at the moment. When I'm finished with that I assist customers with there everyday banking needs. I also assist anyone that require my help.
Cons
healthcare, no benefits, not a lot of customers
Apple Bank Review
Technical Support Level II (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 19, 2016
Apple Bank provided a very enjoyable and well paced working environment where one could grow technically with what the company provided. The company is fair to its employees and rewards hard work.
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
Monitary compensation
Good place to work, fun at times
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 6, 2016
enjoyed working for this company, great staff , need be a multitasker, can be hectic at times. enjoyed helping customers,
Pros
great managers, fun place to work, advanced quickly
Cons
healthcare too costly
Typical day at work
Supervisory Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2015
I open the cash vaults, take out a certain amount of cash to start my tellers for the day to work with. Balance the ATM for my customers to retrieve cash and make deposits. I then receive my daily paper work from my managers and perform my daily duties in a timely manner. I assist my tellers in customer relative issues. The hardest part of my job is making sure my tellers do not have a cash difference, if so having to find there difference and calling a customer if my teller given too much or too little out. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all my customers are satisfied when they leave and that I gave them 100 percent great customer service. also having fun with my coworkers.
Pros
Incentives when opening new accounts, staff lunches.
Cons
Shortages, dissatisfied customers.
Stressful but necessary
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Stressful work place with not a lot of room for advancement. Overworked & under-paid. Excessive work politics & favoritism. Able to learn new skills.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health insurance, benefits & no pension
Sales oriented
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2015
Associates worked well together and created a working environment that was pleasant. Management team was supportive and maintained a working environment that was fun and creative.
Productive, Fun
Supervisory Teller, Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2014
Taking care of customers and letting them know about banking products and services. I have learned to be proactive in talking to people. Management was very helpful in getting work done and questions answered, when help was needed. Co-workers were nice and helpful, a lot of teamwork. The most enjoyable part was the customers and working with new people.
Pros
lunches, product campaigns, helalthcare
very supportive and very understaffed
AVP - ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
Independently authorized to act in the best interest of the bank in all matters of security including training bank employees regarding bank fraud and fraud prevention, bank robberies and investigating all bank fraud. Bank workers were very supportive. Maintained all physical security equipment including burglar alarm system and CCTV surveillance systems. I also assisted other Bank Security investigators and law enforcement with fraud investigations The work load was constant and very busy and very rewarding.
Pros
supporttive enviornment
Cons
very short staffed
Supervising the tellers and the Reconciliation Dept.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2013
Make sure the tellers were doing their job efficiently.
I learned how to communicate with the different tellers.
Management was great to work with, always there to help.
Co-workers were nice to work with, it was like a family.
Hardest part of the job was having to tell a teller they were short money.
The most enjoyable part of the job was balancing every teller and finding out they all balanced out to the penny.
Pros
dealing with the customers
Cons
when tellers were short money
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 16, 2013
I worked for this employer for approximately 13 years and only resigned because I moved to another state. The days were productive and I worked on many Cobol programs which added to my extensive knowledge of Cobol. Employees were given the time and space to get the job done and were treated with respect. The hardest part of the job was waiting to get reports and the most enjoyable part was working with a great group of programmers and operators. Supervisors and Managers were always willing to share their knowledge and showed patience while training on new concepts.
Pros
annual increases and christmas bonuses based on company's profits.
Cons
travelling to nyc for early morning meetings.
Very professional and pleasant environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2012
A typical day at work:
- Verified deposits and withdrawals and performed general banking duties
- Used product knowledge an customer service skills to increase bank's and customers' investments
- Performed efficient end-of-day closing duties.

I learn a lot about my mathematical skills. I closed everyday with a closing difference of one nickel or less.

Management was respectable and supportive.

My co-workers were trustworthy and pleasant to work with.

The hardest part was making sure that you did not receive counterfeit money, and concerns for you safety in case of a robbery.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with different people; no two days were the same.
Pros
great medical package and short days
Cons
limited growth
Productive and stable work environment
Bank Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2012
I would come in open bank with a manager- set up Tellers for the day-
Prepare desk (3 desk rotation)/ATM/Statement-
ATM go to machines-empty and replenish cash and receipts tapes-
Proof machine-interact with other locations during the course of the day-
support other supervisors and Proof ATM machines.
Pros
health care, good day offs, and benefits
Cons
mandatory weekend work for supervisors
Apple Bank was the best job, it was my first job. I loved being a teller and the a Customer Service Rep.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 13, 2012
As a teller I made deposits and withdrawals for the customers. Sold them money orders, bank checks, etc. I learned to be patient, understanding but firm. My co-workers were fun and smart while still being professionals. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home.
what you learned
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
I learned how to interact with others. How to help customers with their needs. Assist tellers since I was Operations supervisor. Balance the ATM's. Do daily reports. Oder cash for the branch. Proof the branch. Process the checks. Customer service.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
shorts breaks
bank financial instuitue
Special Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2013
i learned a lot being a team player and held a lot responsibility in this company. how to deal with irate customers and excellent customer service.
Pros
good work experience as well as overall life experience
Cons
there were not any cons
Great Place to work for
Operational Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2013
I was in control of the teller unit. I was The Supervisor of Operations and managed eight tellers and the daily function of the banking floor
Pros
i was able to help customers on a daily basis
Cons
i have no complaints
Okay workplace but not a career
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMarch 11, 2014
I wish not to provide a review at this time. I am not a happy camper with this financial institution. I do not wish to stay here any longer. I am seeking other opportunity with growth possible as it is not within Apple Bank.
Productive place to work in.
Special Service Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Opening and closing accounts, making deposits and withdrawals from customers accounts and cross selling bank products.
Hard Work Pays Off
Teller (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 17, 2013
A typical day for a bank teller included handling deposit and withdrawal transactions, check cashing and safe keeping of cash and checks received. The more responsibilities that you took on the more likely you were to advance with the company.
I started out as an acquired bank teller from Emigrant Bank the transition was smooth. training was hands on and more thorough with identifying customers. Managers were friendly and co-workers were helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was learning a new system after previously doing it a different way at the previous bank. Also there were reports, check scanning and double checking work before the end of the day while also taking transactions.The most enjoyable part of it was the customers. After a while you become familiar with the regular customers and they are quite friendly. Make sure to converse after you have finished the transaction so that you don't screw up the transactions which I may have been guilty of once or twice. All in all great job.
Pros
great atmosphere, flexible with overtime
Cons
very busy, not much down time and many tasks to complete by the end of the day
It is an average place to work.
Supervisory Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2013
Apple Bank does not have much room for growth. We are extremely short staffed. I enjoy helping our various customers.