Apple Bank for Savings Employee Reviews

Working at Apple Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10065May 13, 2017
This job offers paid training so you pretty much go on the job with a sense of confidence because you know what to expect. Training is for two weeks and although so people go to training before starting the job you must be prepared to go straight to the branch you will be working in if the training classed are full. You will see that you catch on easily if you pay attention in training class or to whoever you are "shadowing" in the branch. Providing excellent customer service is a must as you are dealing directly with the public. You should pay attention and follow policy at all times. You learn how to handle large sums of money and deal with specific problems.
Pros
Good benefits, Easy Database to use, Interacting with the public
Good for beginners, bot for advancement
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
A lot of drama and outdated systems. Job advancement is very difficult. You will have a hard time learning the system if you are used to more advanced systems.
Good place to work. Organized and friendly colleagues.
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 24, 2017
Fun place to work in my experience. Team members and colleagues are cooperative and work load is quite manageable. It isn't the most exciting place to work if you are looking for challenge and latest technology.
Was a different experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
I'm always happy to work and most of all I love working with coworkers and management that is friendly. Most times I didn't want to work and I didn't like the lack of respect from customers and workers
Cons
No team work
Was a pt Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I worked 20 hr a week. it was a great working environment. Very busy day at work. Mostly neighborhood customers and they were very nice. Hardest part of the job was counting money at the end of the day cause it took a long time.
Politics at its best
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2016
Apple has high turnover rate low pay the only good thing is the staff the people are nice but the company cldnt be any worse no room for advancement based off your work it depends on who you know here
Pros
Friendly staff good schedule
Cons
Low pay no room for growth
Horrible place to work
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10011November 17, 2016
Working her is noot worth the time. Management staff is childish & petty. There's job security, they don't have a pension. It's a counter productive environment. In this department, no room for advancement
Pros
Cons
Miserable work environment, low pay high turnover rate
its ok company
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2016
the company is ok to start with, within banking. But there is no room for growth. The company isn't up to date with the banking, and it is very hard to bring in customer because the bank is out dated
Pretty cool
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Apple bank is pretty cool place to work overall , it's super diverse and the managers are also very nice. Apple bank is a savings bank that is located only in New York City
Apple Bank Review
Technical Support Level II (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 19, 2016
Apple Bank provided a very enjoyable and well paced working environment where one could grow technically with what the company provided. The company is fair to its employees and rewards hard work.
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
Monitary compensation
Relaxed and laid back environment
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2016
At 9:00a.m. I would clear the ATM by processing all of the deposits that were made, after that I check the closed account reports and the CTR for the previous day. In and between if there are customers I assist them if no one else is available at the moment. When I'm finished with that I assist customers with there everyday banking needs. I also assist anyone that require my help.
Cons
healthcare, no benefits, not a lot of customers
great job for college student
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
great schedule , great job for a college student. only busy days are the beginning of each month after that its verrrrrrry slow.
Good place to work, fun at times
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 6, 2016
enjoyed working for this company, great staff , need be a multitasker, can be hectic at times. enjoyed helping customers,
Pros
great managers, fun place to work, advanced quickly
Cons
healthcare too costly
Typical day at work
Supervisory Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 30, 2015
I open the cash vaults, take out a certain amount of cash to start my tellers for the day to work with. Balance the ATM for my customers to retrieve cash and make deposits. I then receive my daily paper work from my managers and perform my daily duties in a timely manner. I assist my tellers in customer relative issues. The hardest part of my job is making sure my tellers do not have a cash difference, if so having to find there difference and calling a customer if my teller given too much or too little out. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all my customers are satisfied when they leave and that I gave them 100 percent great customer service. also having fun with my coworkers.
Pros
Incentives when opening new accounts, staff lunches.
Cons
Shortages, dissatisfied customers.
Stressful but necessary
Legal Process Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Stressful work place with not a lot of room for advancement. Overworked & under-paid. Excessive work politics & favoritism. Able to learn new skills.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health insurance, benefits & no pension
its okay
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
It's an OK bank to work for, but not like a Chase or anything. They are only in the tristate so if you want to relocate you are out of luck.
benefits
Cons
pay
Sales oriented
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2015
Associates worked well together and created a working environment that was pleasant. Management team was supportive and maintained a working environment that was fun and creative.
Slow
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sag Harbor, NYAugust 27, 2014
Slow.
Boring environment.
I think the hardest part of the job was working with people who made you feel not welcomed.
Apple Bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhasset,nyJuly 29, 2014
Work very hard in this busy call center. A lot of side work to be done and completed.
Fun Environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYJune 10, 2014
Staff and customers we very pleasant. Work was fairly easy.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
only part time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Bank for Savings. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval