APPLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Workplace, good benefits
MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE III (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work is balancing the ATM's, taking care of member needs, process transactions, processing loans, opening accounts, answering the phone/email, processing buy/sells from vault, creating debit cards and more.

I have learned a lot of the years in finance and being able to read and interpret a credit report.

Management: Apple has the best and worst management I have seen. If you are lucky enough to be under the best, you will succeed. However, if you get the worst you will want to leave.

They culture is very inviting. For the most part people are welcome and willing to help. Like in every company, there are people who will be against you for no reason. However, Apple promotes unity and team work.

Hardest part of the job: seeing good people leave because they were under appreciated.

Most enjoyable: building everlasting relationships with members and employees.
Pros
Happy hours every month, picnics every year, benefits and discounts with certain companies
Cons
No comparable pay for branches, if in small branch hard to advance
Family Environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 24, 2017
You will feel like a family member as soon as you start working for Apple. Headquarters employees will remember your name instantly and always greet you with a smile when you go to training. Back staff are always willing to help front staff. Offer great benefits and fun activities for employees.
Great place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VAMay 2, 2017
The company is great place to work for. Benefits are great, on the job training and tuition reimbursement. There's a lot of internal hiring too. The only negative thing I came across was girls starting rumors about people they don't know. Apart from the immaturity one might encounter from some people, I feel I made life long friends here.
Pros
Benefits, life/work balance, work events, co-workers
This was a volunteer job at my high school when i attended .
Banking-Teller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 6, 2017
The job was very simple and straightforward. The only hard part about the job is just dealing with difficult transactions that cannot be performed since we were just students at the school operating the bank.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I loved working here. I had great direct management and received a lot of opportunity for growth. We were allowed to have fun and manage our department with freedom to make decisions in the best interest of our team.
Pros
Great department leaders
Cons
work life balance
work experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax VADecember 27, 2016
Nice small company to work for if you do not want to go far with your career, obviously with a small company departments are small and its hard or almost difficult to move up
Wonderful environment and work family life
Licensed Home Equity Processor (NMLS #: 1200966) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 18, 2016
Always new departments and jobs to move into and build more knowledge in the financial sector. Only negative is it is difficult if you are young to be able to get a management position or move up fast. That seems to be more reserved for older generation.
Pros
Paid Happy Hours and company events
Cons
only way to move into management is with taking their year long course
Stuck on first gear no growth
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 8, 2016
Horrible company. Avoid at all costs. Management came up with the lamest projects I ever heard. Management is very fake here one moment they praise you the next moment they turn the tables on you.

Also, please do yourself a favorable and report any inappropriate comments by your manager to HR at first notice. It appears that some of the managers on staff here are crossing the line when it comes to violating the employee handbook for misconduct.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free parking, some happy hours
Cons
Management is deceptive is prone to turning the tables on you at any time.
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2016
Apple is really into their employees getting an education and bettering themselves. They pay well and theres yearly bonuses and rewards. Id highly recommend anyone to apply
Pros
Rewarding, easy to advance
Cons
Some branch managers arent the best to work with
Flexible schedule & near university/college
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Great place to work near college and university. The hours are pretty flexible if you're working full-time. Sales equal rewards in free lunch or gift cards.
Pros
Rewards, Flexibility
Cons
Weekends not off
banking call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Fast-paced job and required multitasking and exceptional comprehension and customer service skills. Friendly environment and offers time for the employers to interact with all the company sponsored events. very short breaks for it to be a fast paced environment.
Job Security
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2014
Although you advance, management above you has no structure when it comes to what a specific position should do.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Job security
Nice place to start a job
Member Service Representative II - Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 9, 2014
It is a good place to start working if you want to get into the customer services field. You have to like interact with people and have a positive attitude
A great place to work
Consumer Lending Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2014
Apple Federal Credit Union is a great place to work. I enjoy my time at work and have learned a lot about the financial world. The small group of people that I work with are like a second family to me
fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  alexandria,vaMarch 6, 2014
i started as an intern and worked when i get out of highschool i loved everything about apple fcu
Outstanding place to work-Clear vision
Compliance Officer/AVP Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 22, 2014
Apple FCU is a great place to work and allowed me the opportunity to learn more about leadership, regulatory compliance, politics, project management and internal audit. Apple FCU is a lean organization and one has to learn to do more with less. The culture is evolving using a program called Connections Online that is designed to facilitate communication and cooperation throughout the organization. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the regulatory changes over the past five years. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to volunteer with the Apple FCU Education Foundation. The AFCU Education Foundation sponsors education in a number of ways and provides scholarships to deserving students each year.
Pros
Flex schedule, benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Pros/ Cons
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2013
Pros / Cons
(Its up to you to decide if the company is great for you or not)
Top Ten Place to Work
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 28, 2013
My typical day was spent answering phones, opening correspondence and assigning work area, addressing concerns of our members, letter writing, board briefings, ordering supplies, etc. Whatever comes from being an Executive Assistant to brilliant President and CEO. There was not a day that I did not feel blessed working at Apple FCU. The staff was caring with excellent work ethics and product. The executives truly cared for their subordinates and the work product. All efforts were made to award recognition to outstanding staff members for their customer service. This is not just an outstanding organization but a family that understands that the each member of the credit union is central to the organization. I could not find one area of Apple FCU that was not dedicated and that dedication was certainly rewarded.
Pros
Excellent work space, excellent pay and excellent recognition
Cons
Could not find any.
A great place to work!
HRIS Administrator/Senior HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 8, 2013
Apple FCU has the great working environment, which allows for a good work/life balance.
Good experience
Collector (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VirginiaMarch 5, 2013
I have never worked at a bank or with mortgages before so this was a fun experience. I learned a lot in the short time I was there and I plan on using that information in my future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APPLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2