APPLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

APPLE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews in United States

Stuck on first gear no growth
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 8, 2016
Horrible company. Avoid at all costs. Management came up with the lamest projects I ever heard. Management is very fake here one moment they praise you the next moment they turn the tables on you.

Also, please do yourself a favorable and report any inappropriate comments by your manager to HR at first notice. It appears that some of the managers on staff here are crossing the line when it comes to violating the employee handbook for misconduct.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free parking, some happy hours
Cons
Management is deceptive is prone to turning the tables on you at any time.
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2016
Apple is really into their employees getting an education and bettering themselves. They pay well and theres yearly bonuses and rewards. Id highly recommend anyone to apply
Pros
Rewarding, easy to advance
Cons
Some branch managers arent the best to work with
Flexible schedule & near university/college
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 12, 2016
Great place to work near college and university. The hours are pretty flexible if you're working full-time. Sales equal rewards in free lunch or gift cards.
Pros
Rewards, Flexibility
Cons
Weekends not off
banking call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Fast-paced job and required multitasking and exceptional comprehension and customer service skills. Friendly environment and offers time for the employers to interact with all the company sponsored events. very short breaks for it to be a fast paced environment.
Outstanding place to work-Clear vision
Compliance Officer/AVP Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 22, 2014
Apple FCU is a great place to work and allowed me the opportunity to learn more about leadership, regulatory compliance, politics, project management and internal audit. Apple FCU is a lean organization and one has to learn to do more with less. The culture is evolving using a program called Connections Online that is designed to facilitate communication and cooperation throughout the organization. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the regulatory changes over the past five years. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to volunteer with the Apple FCU Education Foundation. The AFCU Education Foundation sponsors education in a number of ways and provides scholarships to deserving students each year.
Pros
flex schedule, benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunities
A sales driven Credit Union
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 14, 2013
As an MSR, I opened accounts and cross sold loans and other Credit Union products. I learnt a lot from my previous employer Synergy One FCU before it went into a merger with Apple FCU, hence did not spend much time with the new management. I love helping people and that was the most enjoyable part.
Top Ten Place to Work
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 28, 2013
My typical day was spent answering phones, opening correspondence and assigning work area, addressing concerns of our members, letter writing, board briefings, ordering supplies, etc. Whatever comes from being an Executive Assistant to brilliant President and CEO. There was not a day that I did not feel blessed working at Apple FCU. The staff was caring with excellent work ethics and product. The executives truly cared for their subordinates and the work product. All efforts were made to award recognition to outstanding staff members for their customer service. This is not just an outstanding organization but a family that understands that the each member of the credit union is central to the organization. I could not find one area of Apple FCU that was not dedicated and that dedication was certainly rewarded.
Pros
excellent work space, excellent pay and excellent recognition
Cons
could not find any.
A great place to work
Consumer Lending Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 29, 2014
Apple Federal Credit Union is a great place to work. I enjoy my time at work and have learned a lot about the financial world. The small group of people that I work with are like a second family to me
Nice place to start a job
Member Service Representative II - Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 9, 2014
It is a good place to start working if you want to get into the customer services field. You have to like interact with people and have a positive attitude
Good experience
Collector (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VirginiaMarch 5, 2013
I have never worked at a bank or with mortgages before so this was a fun experience. I learned a lot in the short time I was there and I plan on using that information in my future.
Job Security
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 8, 2014
Although you advance, management above you has no structure when it comes to what a specific position should do.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
job security
A great place to work!
HRIS Administrator/Senior HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 8, 2013
Apple FCU has the great working environment, which allows for a good work/life balance.
fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  alexandria,vaMarch 6, 2014
i started as an intern and worked when i get out of highschool i loved everything about apple fcu
Productive work place
Business analyst - Voluntary Intern (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 30, 2012
An exciting and vibrant environment where employees can excel
Pros/ Cons
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 2, 2013
Pros / Cons
(Its up to you to decide if the company is great for you or not)
good first time job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 29, 2012
good experience to get yur foot in the door. worked from school. get to go home early.

4.2