Apple Rehab Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, CTOctober 24, 2017
I am really happy to hopefully be leaving this place. It is woefully understaffed and is a toxic environment in general. This job has really made me rethink my career as a whole.
Pros
Decent salary as of late
Cons
Tons of bs, stress, and toxic co-workers
need better communication, appreciation for workers;
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 24, 2017
very hectic and fast pace
time management
diverse
communication
my patients
Treat people with respect and dignity not just your patients but workers.
Pros
my patients
Cons
too hectic, not enough time
Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
I like the staff at Apple Rehab they were compassionate, understanding, family oriented, they work with your situation, and they have your back. The work load can be overwhelming especially when short staffed. The wages are competitive depending on your experience and shift plus hours. They have lots of benefits options. over all it was a good company to work for and I highly recommend them.
Pros
lots of benefits, and compassionate staff
Cons
heavy work load at times and short staffed
Fieldwork Assignment
Fieldwork II (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTSeptember 4, 2017
Wonderful company for students to complete their fieldwork assignment and also continue with their careers. Wonderful staff and upward mobility within a great community.
Pros
Excellent for learning and growing
Cons
Constant reduction of staffing and unmanageable workload exceptions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTAugust 10, 2017
Poorly managed from senior management level. Archaic, inefficient process and procedures. Unobtainable work load and exceptions. Stressful work environment. Site management and employees very team oriented and pleasant to work with.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management
stressful working environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 25, 2017
very stressful work atmosphere management not the best residents are wonderful staff does not work together management does not always back employees benefits are ok
Convenient
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJuly 17, 2017
It was easy. Hours in the evening were fine. Young workers. Old and sick patients. Depressing sometimes. Fast paced. Team work is important. Done by 730,
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Pointlessly strict
productive and loving workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 30, 2017
Apple Rehab was always thinking of ways to help the Elderly. It was a place were everyone showed lots of love and understanding. The hardest part of my job would be when our clients would die because you would create a relationship with them.
Way under staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 24, 2017
The pts know that the place is under staffed. The employees are worked to the limits and expected to keep up with the high demanding needs of the pts management is too top heavy. The top main concern is their bottom line not the employees or the pts
Cons
Great place to work if you have communication with peers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 14, 2017
I love working with people, I love helping people but when you go into work on a short staff its not the best day. The Management can be a little better, the staff can be alot more helpful. The best part of my job is assisting the residents, but there is no room for growth .
Overworked and unpaid
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTMay 13, 2017
Horrible place to work. Corporate cut throats and nasty people. Undermined uneducated workers no to get unions in their buildings. People haven't got raises in 10-15 years.
Pros
Cons
don't work here!
Get your nursing license
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 23, 2017
Apple is typically understaffed and overworked. I assume the same can be said for most health care facilities in the industry. As a CNA, I would not be able to comfortably live on this salary alone.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Environment
Nice Company to Work For
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 7, 2017
I have enjoyed this experience overall and have only positive things to say about the company. I have been able to learn many new skills under their employment as well as had a great balance to raise my family.
Friendly environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2017
Worked there for some time, got close to some co-workers that became good friends. Gained experience and able to perform similar responsibilities in any setting.
lots of over time and fast pace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 7, 2017
lots of hours and wonderful people to work with. amazing patients, close to home and i love going to work every day to help people in need.
It is ok
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Watertown, CTDecember 5, 2016
The facility has some potential but it is qiute outdated thus the high risk of medication errors and miscommunication errors. The facility is in process of having computerized charting and medication administration records
Cons
Dealing with the transition from everything done through paper to electronic charting
calm
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTNovember 23, 2016
Worked over night. It is very calm besides the rounds and the patients on rehab who can't sleep. Only two CNA's per floor. Not bad when your co worker is a team player. Doesn't happen very often.
awesome workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTNovember 22, 2016
When i worked for Apple rehab it was a very depressing at first but once you got to know everyone who lived there and found out a better to help serve them better to have a better experience
family oriented enviorment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 15, 2016
family oriented enviorment flexible schedule good job security working hand in hand with nurses and patient care management was very helpful and understanding
Pros
good moral
Cons
pay
Good first place to work.
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 7, 2016
The work, although not mentally challenging, is fast-paced and involves effective co-operation between employees to complete the necessary tasks. I enjoyed working with the residents and most of my fellow employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9