Apple Vacations Employee Reviews

No room to advance
hotel contract data assistant (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Pros: flexible hours, good travel benefits (if you can get approved)
Cons: No room to advance (direct boss actually held me back), Little to no training.
Pros
Free lunches, deeply discounted travel
Cons
Poor management, little to no training
Excellent place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Wonderful work environment & Helpful management. Apple Vacations has various departments for advancement and excellent compensation and benefits. A+ place to work
Prison like work areas
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Very stressful job. Conversations monitored, recorded.
Planning vacations, collecting payments, working with computer systems at same time.
Pros
work shifts 10-6
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Great benefits, just not for me.
Customer Service Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown SquareAugust 1, 2016
Apple vacations is a great place to work. However, I am not happy here at all and dread coming to work to talk on the phone all day.
Great place to get a vacation.
Core Customer Service/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 7, 2016
In this company I learned great customer service skills. I also learned to use a couple of the major systems in the travel industry.
Productive and fun job
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAFebruary 28, 2016
The best job that I ever had. Definitely missed. I learned how to be productive over the phone by letting each customer meet the real me through our phone calls
Family owned company now owned by larger investment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 6, 2016
This was at one time a nice family environment. But now it is basically just like any other company except they still underpay and have really bad benefits.
Pros
travel
Cons
benefits, pay, management
Lackluster leadership and dismal culture
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 4, 2015
Poorly run company interested in bottom line only with little to no consideration/loyalty to the people who truly make the company profitable.
Productive Place
sales (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Makes you feel comfortable place to work. Client notification/Price match/ Special Request
Process scheduled air changes, Names changes, request handicap rooms, Comp rooms, Rooms above allotment. Notify clients when a change has been made to booking. Process email, phone request and inbound calls. Provide excellent customer service
Pros
beautiful vacations
Cons
healthcare
Wonderful company to work for!
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 16, 2015
Apple Vacations (Newtown Square Center) is a great place to work. It is a fun company to work for with incredible management that is both helpful and supportive of their employees!
I love this job
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Puntacana Dominican RepublicAugust 15, 2015
Working in Amstar DMC / Apple Vacations has been very important for me i grew up a lot and had a great job experience.

As a customer service team, i was in charged of 9 people, making sure the customer service provided was more than excelent and that the operation was being doing properly.
Go somewhere else
Unavailable (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 9, 2015
Terrible culture.....horrible manager..you can no longer have a life because this will take it all....even if you wanted to go to the doctors...don't even think about it....be ready for misery .
Pros
Hmmm...it's a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Environment where you need to push yourself to work up the ladder
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PaJuly 8, 2015
A good stepping stone for bigger and better things.
If you want to learn about the concepts of marketing in an entry level environment, this is the place to begin.
Its OKAY
Reservations (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 8, 2015
A typical day at Apple is answering phones to assist travel agents and potential customers. The pay is really low but I guess travel benefits kind a make up for it. This job really takes your whole day from you. Management cares more about money than employees. It can really make you feel unappreciated.
Pros
Free lunch, Travel Benefits
Cons
Health benefits, Hours
Apple Vacations
Assistant (Current Employee) –  PAMay 19, 2015
Apple is a laid back company and has a relaxing atmosphere. Employees are able to make their own schedules and have freedom without being micromanaged. Other than the pay, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Cheap vacations for friends and family, Laid back, flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Friendly and nice eviroment place to work
Specialty Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 8, 2015
Receive incoming calls with different inquiries daily (call center environment). Calls can range from problem solving, price adjustments, requesting rooms and or hotels, and make call outs to travel agents and outside consumers for client notification issues. I've learned when dealing with different scenarios has made me a lot stronger in my customer service and time management skills. I love all of my coworkers. We are a great team of people to make the hard things run smooth . The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have the opportunity to do some that I love to do and that is travel.
Pros
Travel Benefits and travel discounts
Cons
The pay
Enjoyable job with great co-workers
Office Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 10, 2014
My duties were wide ranging depending on the needs of the day. A typical day for me had me checking the building over, looking for lighting, plumbing, HVAC. It also had me performing some light shipping and receiving work and mail processing. And helping other departments. I enjoyed my job there very much.
Pros
The new skills I learned
Very challenging and fun place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 21, 2014
My typical day at work involves me booking vacations for customers. My coworkers and staff was very helpful and fun to be around.
Pros
Free Lunch on Fridays and incentives to earn
Cons
Not enough hours
No room for growth or advancment
R3 Schedule Air Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Does not propose a challenge, this company chooses when to abide by policy according to the situation, and the individual .
Pros
can travel at reduce cost
Cons
absolutely office politcs is a factor
Fun work environment
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 27, 2014
Working in a travel agency is definitely fun, you get to send people to spectacular places! You work as a team, which is awesome. Co-workers work together to keep each other motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.