Apple Vacations Employee Reviews

Lackluster leadership and dismal culture
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 4, 2015
Poorly run company interested in bottom line only with little to no consideration/loyalty to the people who truly make the company profitable.
Productive Place
sales (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Makes you feel comfortable place to work. Client notification/Price match/ Special Request
Process scheduled air changes, Names changes, request handicap rooms, Comp rooms, Rooms above allotment. Notify clients when a change has been made to booking. Process email, phone request and inbound calls. Provide excellent customer service
Pros
beautiful vacations
Cons
healthcare
Wonderful company to work for!
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 16, 2015
Apple Vacations (Newtown Square Center) is a great place to work. It is a fun company to work for with incredible management that is both helpful and supportive of their employees!
I love this job
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Puntacana Dominican RepublicAugust 15, 2015
Working in Amstar DMC / Apple Vacations has been very important for me i grew up a lot and had a great job experience.

As a customer service team, i was in charged of 9 people, making sure the customer service provided was more than excelent and that the operation was being doing properly.
Go somewhere else
Unavailable (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 9, 2015
Terrible culture.....horrible manager..you can no longer have a life because this will take it all....even if you wanted to go to the doctors...don't even think about it....be ready for misery .
Pros
Hmmm...it's a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Environment where you need to push yourself to work up the ladder
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PaJuly 8, 2015
A good stepping stone for bigger and better things.
If you want to learn about the concepts of marketing in an entry level environment, this is the place to begin.
Its OKAY
Reservations (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 8, 2015
A typical day at Apple is answering phones to assist travel agents and potential customers. The pay is really low but I guess travel benefits kind a make up for it. This job really takes your whole day from you. Management cares more about money than employees. It can really make you feel unappreciated.
Pros
Free lunch, Travel Benefits
Cons
Health benefits, Hours
Apple Vacations
Assistant (Current Employee) –  PAMay 19, 2015
Apple is a laid back company and has a relaxing atmosphere. Employees are able to make their own schedules and have freedom without being micromanaged. Other than the pay, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Cheap vacations for friends and family, Laid back, flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Friendly and nice eviroment place to work
Specialty Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 8, 2015
Receive incoming calls with different inquiries daily (call center environment). Calls can range from problem solving, price adjustments, requesting rooms and or hotels, and make call outs to travel agents and outside consumers for client notification issues. I've learned when dealing with different scenarios has made me a lot stronger in my customer service and time management skills. I love all of my coworkers. We are a great team of people to make the hard things run smooth . The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have the opportunity to do some that I love to do and that is travel.
Pros
Travel Benefits and travel discounts
Cons
The pay
Enjoyable job with great co-workers
Office Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 10, 2014
My duties were wide ranging depending on the needs of the day. A typical day for me had me checking the building over, looking for lighting, plumbing, HVAC. It also had me performing some light shipping and receiving work and mail processing. And helping other departments. I enjoyed my job there very much.
Pros
the new skills i learned
Very challenging and fun place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PASeptember 21, 2014
My typical day at work involves me booking vacations for customers. My coworkers and staff was very helpful and fun to be around.
Pros
free lunch on fridays and incentives to earn
Cons
not enough hours
No room for growth or advancment
R3 Schedule Air Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Does not propose a challenge, this company chooses when to abide by policy according to the situation, and the individual .
Pros
can travel at reduce cost
Cons
absolutely office politcs is a factor
Fun work environment
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJuly 27, 2014
Working in a travel agency is definitely fun, you get to send people to spectacular places! You work as a team, which is awesome. Co-workers work together to keep each other motivated.
stable job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  chicago, ilJuly 22, 2014
nice people to work with,
ability to grow within company,
solid management to learn from
scam...take advantage of people
reservation agent (Former Employee) –  elk grove villageJune 5, 2014
I was there for six months. Apple vacations hired a lot of people who had high hopes to have their dream job working from home. Many single moms who relied on this especially for the low pay of $10.60 and hr but when u have to be in the office and pay more than half for child care this causes more harm. While I was there 7 employees that I know of quit because they could wait any longer to be able to work from home. When we all got hire we were told that we had to agree to be in class training without calling in then one more month on the floor. I traveled 3 miles and spent $50 in -30 weatherto do this in anticipation to be able to work from home soon. Well six months later I was still waiting and nobody even hr manager would tell me a date. Some have still been waiting after a year! Same on them for making millions a day paying so low and lying to their employees!
Pros
if you are able to get a passport then the low cost packages if you can afford it too
Cons
they never tell the truth to their employee. there is favoritism in certain dept
Very fast paced environment
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day begins with reviewing emails with new rates for hotels and flights. Importing information as quickly and accurately as possible. The travel benefits of this job are amazing with the ability to visit many beautiful places in the Caribbean and Mexico.
Productive fun workplace with the opportunity to travel.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PANovember 19, 2013
Answer incoming calls from travel agents and the outside public, informing them on their travel needs and directing them to the perfect hotel/package deal. I learned a lot about international destinations. My managers and co-workers were like family and always there when needed. The hardest part of the job was nothing, I don't think my job was hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to travel with the job to do hotel site inspections and employee travel discounts were awesome.
Pros
free lunches for not clocking out on lunch, staying on the phones during high call volumes. employee of the month perks
Great Company, Great People, Lots of Fun
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMay 27, 2013
I held several positions at this company, its family owned and operated, and a fun place to be. What's better tan selling vacations?
Pros
familiarization rips to paradise
Cons
compensation but its still fun
Productive with lots of variety
E-Commerce and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 8, 2013
I assisted the E-commerce and Marketing department. I was very involved with developing social media sites such as Facebook and Pinterest. I also wrote blogs and other social media content. I assisted in the development phase of their new website. Co-workers were very friendly and willing to assist and guide. The hardest part of the job was learning how to be proactive and asking for work, however this was enjoyable since in reaped the most rewards.
Understanding and a fun new career waiting for the right person to love it.
Full Time Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 5, 2013
Working in a high call volume and people on hold. I have learned a lot about different countries,food,people and more. The management feels like their part of your family. The hardest part is making sure you can get a customer for the best price in an air or hotel combo price then another competitor. You can get to travel to these amazing places.
Pros
working with amazing fun energy people.
Cons
not finding what a customer does not want to hear.