Apple Vacations

Apple Vacations Employer Reviews

No room for growth or advancment
R3 Schedule Air Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: can travel at reduce cost
Cons: absolutely office politcs is a factor
Does not propose a challenge, this company chooses when to abide by policy according to the situation, and the individual .
Fun work environment
Reservations Agent (Current Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 27, 2014
Working in a travel agency is definitely fun, you get to send people to spectacular places! You work as a team, which is awesome. Co-workers work together to keep each other motivated.
stable job
Supervisor (Current Employee), chicago, ilJuly 22, 2014
nice people to work with,
ability to grow within company,
solid management to learn from
scam...take advantage of people
reservation agent (Former Employee), elk grove villageJune 5, 2014
Pros: if you are able to get a passport then the low cost packages if you can afford it too
Cons: they never tell the truth to their employee. there is favoritism in certain dept
I was there for six months. Apple vacations hired a lot of people who had high hopes to have their dream job working from home. Many single moms who relied on this especially for the low pay of $10.60 and hr but when u have to be in the office and pay more than half for child care this causes more harm. While I was there 7 employees that I know of quit – more... because they could wait any longer to be able to work from home. When we all got hire we were told that we had to agree to be in class training without calling in then one more month on the floor. I traveled 3 miles and spent $50 in -30 weatherto do this in anticipation to be able to work from home soon. Well six months later I was still waiting and nobody even hr manager would tell me a date. Some have still been waiting after a year! Same on them for making millions a day paying so low and lying to their employees! – less
Very fast paced environment
Product Assistant (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day begins with reviewing emails with new rates for hotels and flights. Importing information as quickly and accurately as possible. The travel benefits of this job are amazing with the ability to visit many beautiful places in the Caribbean and Mexico.
Productive fun workplace with the opportunity to travel.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches for not clocking out on lunch, staying on the phones during high call volumes. employee of the month perks
Answer incoming calls from travel agents and the outside public, informing them on their travel needs and directing them to the perfect hotel/package deal. I learned a lot about international destinations. My managers and co-workers were like family and always there when needed. The hardest part of the job was nothing, I don't think my job was hard – more... at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got to travel with the job to do hotel site inspections and employee travel discounts were awesome. – less
Great Company, Great People, Lots of Fun
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAMay 27, 2013
Pros: familiarization rips to paradise
Cons: compensation but its still fun
I held several positions at this company, its family owned and operated, and a fun place to be. What's better tan selling vacations?
Productive with lots of variety
E-Commerce and Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAMarch 8, 2013
I assisted the E-commerce and Marketing department. I was very involved with developing social media sites such as Facebook and Pinterest. I also wrote blogs and other social media content. I assisted in the development phase of their new website. Co-workers were very friendly and willing to assist and guide. The hardest part of the job was learning – more... how to be proactive and asking for work, however this was enjoyable since in reaped the most rewards. – less
Understanding and a fun new career waiting for the right person to love it.
Full Time Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: working with amazing fun energy people.
Cons: not finding what a customer does not want to hear.
Working in a high call volume and people on hold. I have learned a lot about different countries,food,people and more. The management feels like their part of your family. The hardest part is making sure you can get a customer for the best price in an air or hotel combo price then another competitor. You can get to travel to these amazing places.
I love to travel. And being able to problem solve to make there vacations more enjoyable.
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 2, 2012
Pros: full medical, dental and paid vacations. discounted vacations for emplyes
Cons: handeling a overload of calls during 911
A wonderful and awesome environment to work in. A great job, managers, and teamwork. When 911 hit we where right their on the front lines trying to get loved ones home from tropical locations.
Productive and fun workplace
Reservations (Former Employee), Newtown Square, PAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: traveling, coworkers
Cons: pay, management
Great workplace with helpful coworkers,selling vacations and traveling to help sell our product. Management could have been better but the coworkers were great. The hardest part of my job was working on a computer system that was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to Mexico and Dominican Republic to help sell.
Assistant Manager Operations
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILApril 6, 2012
Administration and operational aspects of the Operations Department.
Handled direct requests from Hotels from the destinations on charge.
Updated the system in coordination with the Product Department.
Monitored each hotel’s on charge forecast in order to implement sales strategies, stop sales, cut offs and any modification to the system.
Stay out of Call Center
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Newtown Square PA/Near West ChesterFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: great travel benefits, great co-workers and management
Cons: hours, location, phones
I left because of the commute, low pay and stressful call center environment. Growth is scant but possible. Great Co-workers and travel benefits cannot, will not be beat.
Good work enviorment great co-workers and boss
Hr Assistant / Recepcionist (Former Employee), Punta Cana , Dominican RepublicFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: free hotel stays, fligths and excursions
Cons: love my job
Loved my work. Very interesting, great co- workers and friends. Super Boss and Many perks, like anual bonuses, Free or discount Hotels and flights on company airline, lots of excursions.Good food and excellent schedule. and opportunity to grow.