Apple

Apple Employer Reviews

Best retail experience!
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 23, 2014
Hands down, this is the best retailer that I have ever worked at!! This company is mutually as passionate about it employees as it is about its guests!
Apple is an excellent company to work for
Sales/Technical Support (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: perks, discounts
Cons: no set schedule
A typical day at work would include greeting customers, taking care of their technical issues and repairing relationships with the customer by making sure all of their needs are met in hopes of them leaving a happy customer. management is excellent. they really care about everyone, hence apple being a people company, not a technology company. the hardest – more... part about the job is not having a set schedule, which is usually how it is in retail. The most enjoyable part about the job is meeting new people, customers and co-workers. – less
same
Specialist, Visual Team Lead, Mentor (Current Employee), Edison, NJApril 21, 2014
Apple is a great place to work. Many stores available. You are able to move up in the company if you wish.
Great retail employment opportunity.
Red Zone Specialist / Family Room Specialist (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 20, 2014
Apple as a company has a reputation that precedes itself. Their retail stores show this, being constantly busy. The good thing is you'll never sit around with nothing to do. This does mean you'll have to be good with handling lots of customers quickly without making them upset, so it can be stressful at times, but management understands this and will – more... help provide tools to help you handle your responsibilities.

Your shifts are scheduled fairly with due notice (usually a week and a half). Showing up late is the quickest way to lose your job, though there is a process for this that is clear and reasonable. Breaks are scheduled as well. The tasks scheduled out for you depend on your job, and there is lots of opportunity to try a different role within the store if you find you may not enjoy what you're doing day-to-day.

Management will schedule time to talk with you if you want it. Reviews are done annually. Daily meetings are common to share positive experiences and talk about where the store can improve. Most employees honestly feel they sell quality products and that they are doing good by their customers.

The job is more stressful than a laid-back retail experience, but payment and benefits are better and there is more opportunity to move up for harder-working employees. No snake-oil techniques were encouraged at my store: it felt like honesty and positive relationship building were the end goal, not numbers. – less
Productive work place
Data entry and spreadsheets (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 18, 2014
My work day consisted of doing inventory of Iphones, data entry spreadsheets and also lifting over 50lbs.
work
Technical Support (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2014
helping customers with techinal issues with there apple product. long hours
Not a good environment for development
Pre-VMI Expert (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 18, 2014
well, Apple is not a good place to make career especially for me. thought it is better than doing nothing.
Good entry level job
Technical Support Representive (Former Employee), Chandler, ArizonaApril 17, 2014
Pros: i gained some technical experience
Cons: no benefits, low pay
The job was good for the holidays as it was only for holiday help. I learned a lot about Apple Inc. and their products. Management was good and available when needed and the co-workers were ok, there wasn't to much conversation, because we stayed busy. The hardest part of the Job choosing which the proper manual to assist the customer with their technical – more... needs, because there were so many of them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience. – less
Great company
Genius Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
The culture speaks for itself. Probably the best place to boost morale. Made life long friends and a great experience overall.
Great place, respectful and energetic
Care Adviser (Former Employee), Boulder, COApril 15, 2014
Pros: health benefits, referral bonuses, beautiful mountain scenes
Cons: some customers would just act ignorantly and emotionally
The building is clean and fresh, coworkers are competent and trusting, management is efficient and fair, learned many valuable interpersonal and intercultural skills, hardest part was trying to relate to people with Apple products while not owning any myself. My dad worked on the same site, but different company so we were able to have lunch together.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 15, 2014
•Laid back environment
•Co-workers very willing to help
•Customer and enriching lives make job worth it
Stocks Personnel/Delivery Driver
Security Industry Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 14, 2014
Providing excellence through great service. Distributing the finest products throughout the city and county.
Very noisy warehouse, where nothing is permitted
Service Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 9, 2014
it was quite disagreeable to be in such a noisy warehouse and not be permitted to talk. The tasks are rather mundane, and no specifics about the warehouse are to be disclosed.
Great place to work and build skills
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Marlton, NJApril 8, 2014
Pros: stock plan, health benefits, vacation time
Cons: competitive advancement field, attendance policies
If you want to work in an environment that challenges you and builds you, Apple is a great place to work. Its a great place to build yourself and gain knowledge in not only technology, but also customer service and how to adjust in a face paced evolving environment. It is a competitive work place in terms of advancement, but if you perform well, stay – more... professional, and build others around you as well as yourself, then it isn't as bad. The down side is dealing with difficult customers at times, however the plus side is being able to enrich the lives and create relationships with the good ones. – less
Innovative Environment
iOS Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the sky is the limit. (or is it?)
Cons: its hard to get your app ideas noticed without having tons of money. :(
I enjoy developing iOS applications whenever I generate an idea in my head. The tools and documentation that Apple provides is very useful. To me, there's nothing better than being able to imagine something and bring it to life with a few lines of code. But I believe my knack for problem solving lead me into this field. By the way, there would be a – more... lot of things on this Earth we wouldn't have access to if there weren't any innovative programmers left. Besides, I believe my passion for development will take me a long way. It's the only thing keeping me from demanding super high wages. I would have to say the hardest part of the job for me is being a perfectionist. I usually take a little extra time to finish my personal projects simply because they aren't perfect enough for me. – less
wonderful environment to work and learn within the sales industry
Global Sales Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
My typical day at work would be to help customers find the best product that will help and assist them in the most efficient way possible.
Productive and dynamic work place
Program Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: young energetic crowd
Cons: work life balance at times
Great place to work..fun environment...energy levels are high and very dynamic
great people
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
Apple is a great company to work for depending on the specific department. Typical work days in my department are high-stress, high demands while working in office. Stress is reduced when working from home due to a more comfortable, personal environment. I've learned an extensive amount of administrative work, including the understanding of handling – more... all types of customers on a case-by-case basis. The management within the company differs but can be challenging and/or difficult to develop a healthy employee-manager relationship. Managers within my department often lack good communication and experience. They often take action to assist their favorites with advancement opportunities over employees with knowledge and experience. Managers also often lack in taking action against employee complaints related to system issues or other employee toxic relationships. Their micro-managing skills often conflict with employee and company needs.

Some co-workers are often untrustworthy and usually follow in such negative footsteps of management rather than veering into a positive direction for the company. They are often followers rather than leaders. Finding a trustworthy co-worker is far and few between, ranging from different departments.

There is poor training across all regions which multiplies as each group expands. Trainers are usually not thoroughly knowledgable in areas for which they provide training to new advisors.

The hardest part of my job within my department and role is to advance. There are no opportunities to help you move beyond my department and management avoids supporting one, nor guiding one in excelling beyond their primary role.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to work comfortably from home. This is highly stress reducing and saves commute time while providing a more focused mind. This also allows one to exceed beyond ones thinking skills to be more efficient in ones job.

Another enjoyable part are the home based perks, such as free company merchandise, working at ones pace when needed and obtaining office and tax reimbursements for being self-employed at home – less
ok
Engineer (Former Employee), New YorkApril 5, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no work life balance
no life balance
good company
advancement is only available in certain locations
Great work environment.
MH Trainer III (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 5, 2014
A typical day at Apple is exciting because the environment is always changing and we constantly getting well qualified techs that are eager to learn,work and take on new projects. I have learned many facets of Apple, including training, management and the administrative aspect of the company.

My co-workers, whether managers, leads, other trainers or – more... techs, are always professional, efficient and always prepared to change with the changing environment at Apple.

Apple uses a temporary agency to fill many of the positions at their warehouse, so the hardest part of the job is losing good workers at the end of their year contract, but it's always a joy to bring them back after their 3 month break.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting a wide array of people from various backgrounds and experiences that come together for the sole purpose of keeping the reputation of Apple products as it is! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Apple

Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices – Read more