Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,173 reviews matching the search
Amazing company
Creaitve (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Company is absolutely amazing to work for, the skills that you develop as you are here, the people you meet. You meet so many different people every day and you really feel like you are enriching their lives. The hardest part of the job is probably when a customer loses important data like pictures of a loved one who passed away and you have to break the news.
Pros
work life balance, discounts, people i.e. customers and coworkers, training
Cons
sometimes it takes a while to advance
Apple is an amazing company to work for
Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2016
Working at the flagship apple store was an amazing experience. I met people that I will probably be friends with for life and met amazing customers along the way. It was an exciting place to work especially around conferences and like WWDC and hearing about peoples app ideas and up and coming companies. For instance when I first started I helped out the founder of Air bnb and he told me about it before it became what it is today.
Fun and diverse enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 19, 2016
Working at the Apple warehouse through a temp agency happened to be very fun despite the late hours. My hours were from 7 in the evening to somewhere around 3-4 in the morning. The company was EXTREMELY diverse which were one of the things i most liked while working there. The management were fair. They obviously followed the rules a great deal given the fact we were dealing with actual customer phones. I had a wonderful time working there. I only left because of the complications i was having with my pregnancy at the time.
Pros
Diverse enviornment
Cons
hours
Apple is a great Company
Mac Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Have to love this company. It is a test of your intelligence, Technical aptitude and definitely people skills. If your looking for a feel good job that tests your limits this is the place. The people that you work with are great! They will become your second family. Benefits are second to none. And corporate knows exactly what they are doing and always have something in place to transition into whatever it is they are doing.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance is a little off
Looks good on your resume
SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER IOS AND MAC (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2016
If you want to stay in IT , Apple looks amazing on your resume .... the incessant customer calls will drive you insane as they expect you to only be on the phone 7 minutes per call and most issues go well beyond 7 minutes ... Don't expect much help from your manager in the way of suggestions they only push you to senior members of the teams that can meet the goal and tell you to mimic what they are doing .... other than the pay and benefits being pretty good the rest of the job leaves a lot to be desired
Pros
work from home
Cons
no work life balance
Apple Culture
Apple Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Demonstrated extensive knowledge in the products and services offered by Apple to provide the consumer with a complete solution which boosted overall store customer service goals.

Acted as a member of the setup team to develop customer relationships with the Apple culture.

Enriched lives by not just focusing on getting the highest sale but rather listening to the customer and their specific needs.

Frequently took on roles outside my job description when needed to help the overall business.

Inspired a whole new generation of Apple customers with training and support services.
Thinking different in the workplace
APPLECARE INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Working for Apple requires me to be ready for change at any minute. Looking around corners and dealing with ambiguity are core values in my role. My co-workers are the most supportive and intelligent individuals I have ever worked with. We constantly push one another to think outside the box, and create innovative learning systems.

While I don't think this is a hard thing about the job, I would say that when in development, there is zero work-life balance. But dealing with tight deadlines is part of the job.
A Productive and Enjoyable work experience
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 21, 2016
A typical work day was usually fun. You learn an awful lot about apple products, and they always have more training for you. Management was great. They focused on making you improve at your job. Co-Workers were great. Always friendly, and always helpful.
They hardest part of the job, as one would expect with customer service, was dealing with angry customers. There weren't prevalent, but they were there.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Free Coffee and Hot Cocoa, Cafeteria with awesome food.
Cons
No feedback or explanation why you were not hired on permanently.
AppleCare is awesome!
AppleCare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2016
I love my job with AppleCare. I can say that not only are the benefits great, but the environment is what you make it. Yes, you can make your work environment the best atmosphere so that you can provide exceptional customer service to the customers of Apple, Inc. Each team is like a family and we are all extended families from our teams. Love working here so very much.
Pros
Healthcare, internal support, tools provided, equipment provided, career opportunities
Great place to work with inspiring peers
Redzone Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 17, 2016
The team would prepare for the day together in the morning reviewing company policies and outlooks. We would help customers and advocate for Apple products. We would embrace change. My co-workers and managers always appreciated my work. The difficult part of the job was the retail. In retail it is hard to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. Meeting people and learning life stories was the most enjoyable part of my work.
Apple Customer Service
Specialist; Sales, Workshop Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 16, 2016
Selling products, set-up of new products, trouble shooting, iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer workshop teacher. So much to learn that I gained a lot of technical experience so as to educate customers of their best purchase choice and get them started with workshops.

Job was part-time, extremely competetive for moving up the chain.
Pros
Education of Apple products, Health Benefits for part timers, discounts
Cons
Competition between employees created less team building/trust.
Bittersweet Experience with Apple Inc
Direct Dispatch Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 15, 2016
While being employed at Apple Inc, I was able to meet varying personalities , gained long time friends , and enjoyed the many perks of the games/holiday parties they would put together for their employees. The downside, however, is that a call center role is not for a fitting role for someone that may have emergencies with their loved ones , due to their strict attendance policies. All-in-all, I look at my experience there as one I will never forget.
Pros
co-worker relationships, cool, prizes, random employee appreciation events
Cons
Strict call center attendance guidelines, uncertainty of requirements of managers in the same department
Great benefits
Genius (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2016
Apple as a company is a great company to work for. They train and give competitive wages. The benefits are a real positive that the company offers.
A typical day at work can be very stressful and physically demanding.
I learned teamwork, technical skills and staff development. Co-workers were my favorite part of the job, however management left a little to be desired. The hardest part of the Job is the customers that demanded more than what we can give. The most enjoyable would be the repairing computers.
Pros
Benefits, Stock options, discounts
Cons
Work-life balance, management
Great place to work!
Certified Mac/Mobile Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
The company treats you like family and not just a number or an employee. You are welcomed with open arms into the Apple Culture and you find yourself speaking and acting the Apple way even though you may not even be present at work. Level of expectations are extremely high and you find yourself doing the same in your personal life. You learn that "good enough" doesn't fly but rather that perfection is expected of you & you find everyone else striving on a daily basis to meet that level of expectation. There is job security! Its hard to advance internally but to advance externally is easier.
Pros
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, stocks, 401K, life insurance, disability insurance, discounts, apple swag
Cons
Purported to be a creative environment, but GM
JavaScript Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 10, 2016
Apple may have one of the most streamlined product suites in the market, but their in house research and development process is not what I expected it to be. Instead what I experienced was a General Motors style heads down cubical style approach to software development that really burst my bubble. Where were all these creative people collaborating?
Pros
Got to work there
Cons
Hated the experience
Work environment
Security Industry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 13, 2016
I have mixed feelings about working for Apple. I love the people that work for Apple but did not like the culture of what Apple enforced. Compared to Google and Twitter they were a lot more strict on their culture at work. Aside from that they did not offer free meals unlike Google or Twitter which did not make any sense since they had more money than them put together.
Pros
Getting a stable paycheck
Apple Inc. Retail
BOH Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2016
Fun place to work, where you meet so many amazing people. Its a very good part-time job especially while going to school. Max federal tuition reimbursement even for part-time employees. You will develop excellent communication skills that you can take with you the rest of your life. Not much opportunity for advancement in the retail sector.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, high pay for retail
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement
Look elsewhere
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Work/Life balance is horrible if you're in a shift job that changes hours and days every 14 weeks and you have kids. Management wants to cheerlead you through the long hours, poor raises and sudden shifts in job requirements with copious swag and beer parties you can't even attend if you're on shift anyway (or you'll be on the phone buzzed, which isn't allowed). If you're willing to still through those for the health and retirement benefits then this is the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere. It's so competitive here, people trying to get ahead will not hesitate to throw you under the bus and climb over.
Pros
The cafeteria food is awesome at the Austin location. Nice gym too.
Cons
Hours, relentless pushing for more productivity, no room for advancement
Amazing Experience
At Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 26, 2016
Worked in a highly engaged, valued customer service position. Enjoyed learning about Apple Technology and programs and worked with like-minded individuals.
Management was varied but driven and provided good support on job roles and information.
The co-worker environment was minimal since the position was work from home, and allowed personal relationships to build when wanted.
The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. If the option was or is available to me I would absolutely work for them again.
The most enjoyable part was the problem solving. Being able to resolve and determine technical issues.
Benefits
Cons
Irregular scheduling
It's got all the stuff I'd want in a job
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 29, 2016
First impressions are everything. Your trainer is going to make you think Apple is the world. After a year or so, the choice is yours whether you're willing to continue with Apple or if you'd like to pursue something different. Either way, no one's going to regret working with this company. Everything feels like an honor.
Cons
You must work a year for a contractor prior to being hired by Apple.

4.3