Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,254 reviews matching the search
Look elsewhere
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Work/Life balance is horrible if you're in a shift job that changes hours and days every 14 weeks and you have kids. Management wants to cheerlead you through the long hours, poor raises and sudden shifts in job requirements with copious swag and beer parties you can't even attend if you're on shift anyway (or you'll be on the phone buzzed, which isn't allowed). If you're willing to still through those for the health and retirement benefits then this is the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere. It's so competitive here, people trying to get ahead will not hesitate to throw you under the bus and climb over.
Pros
The cafeteria food is awesome at the Austin location. Nice gym too.
Cons
Hours, relentless pushing for more productivity, no room for advancement
Great structured Company
Technical Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 21, 2016
Typical day of my work is to schedule multiple interview while also monitoring day to day schedules (up to 4 - 5 a day). I also send out offer letters and on-board new candidates. I learned how to juggle all these things at once and how to handle work/life balance. Working at Apple as taught me how to use Mac software as well. Management is great! They always made sure to communicate and never point a finger. Just get the problem fixed if it ever raised. My workers are really dependable. Everyone wanted to help and so did I. Hardest part of my could be the last min updates to interview schedules but that was usually day to day so it did not become a problem. The most enjoyable part if when I get to on-board new candidates that I scheduled. It can be so rewarding to know that all your hard work was a life changing to someone.
Pros
Great Culture, great pay
Cons
headcount is very slow process
Great place to work!
Certified Mac/Mobile Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
The company treats you like family and not just a number or an employee. You are welcomed with open arms into the Apple Culture and you find yourself speaking and acting the Apple way even though you may not even be present at work. Level of expectations are extremely high and you find yourself doing the same in your personal life. You learn that "good enough" doesn't fly but rather that perfection is expected of you & you find everyone else striving on a daily basis to meet that level of expectation. There is job security! Its hard to advance internally but to advance externally is easier.
Pros
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, stocks, 401K, life insurance, disability insurance, discounts, apple swag
Cons
Great internal culture with opportunities for employees
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 27, 2016
The best part of working at Apple was helping customers who appreciated your knowledge and expertise. However, management and getting promoted could be very political. Employees were given opportunities to mentor continuing and incoming hires, as well as start programs that contribute to internal culture. While at Apple, I started Old Orchard Magazine, a publication designed to get all the store's news to the entire team, while including light-hearted, health-related content about flu shots and yoga poses.
Pros
Great product, good benefits
Cons
Politics, angry customers
Wonderful company, but limited opportunities for advancement.
Full Time Specialst/Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2016
Working for Apple was one of my best job experiences. The only downside was that once I was determined to be a "rock star" in sales, it was almost impossible for me to move into a different position within the store. I was only able to recieve my technician liscense after having surgery, and not being able to be on the sales floor, which allowed me time to study and pass the test. Even then, I was only allowed behind the genuis bar when they were shorthanded.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Limited oppurtunities for advancement within the company.
Great benefits
Genius (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2016
Apple as a company is a great company to work for. They train and give competitive wages. The benefits are a real positive that the company offers.
A typical day at work can be very stressful and physically demanding.
I learned teamwork, technical skills and staff development. Co-workers were my favorite part of the job, however management left a little to be desired. The hardest part of the Job is the customers that demanded more than what we can give. The most enjoyable would be the repairing computers.
Pros
Benefits, Stock options, discounts
Cons
Work-life balance, management
No work/life balance
WAH (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 14, 2016
It's a good place to work for as far as pay and benefits however, They are not very accommodating with work/life/family balance. There should be no reason to be open on major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas especially if the stores are closed. Those times should be for family time. If people buy these products for their families they should have it set up BEFORE the holiday and ready to use! Corporate greed has taken over with little to no compassion for family/life outside of work. They feel you should ALWAYS be available for the hours they operate and not everyone's life is the same........need more balance for sure and less greed.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No family/life/work balance or compassion for family time....corporate greed
Great company but low raises
Home Based Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 6, 2016
Apple was great to work for, don't get me wrong but they were stingy when it came to raises and there was not a lot of chances for a home based agent to move up. Probably because well, you are home based and many of the job openings are not. The benefits are excellent; if I remember it correctly you had health benefits on day one (no waiting period.) which of course if very rare. Another very silly and vain perk was just the fact that you are working for Apple! When people would ask who you worked for and I would say Apple you could see the admiration on their faces (and working from home for them just added to their jealousy!) All in all it was an awesome experience and one that I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend to someone else.
Pros
Hey this is APPLE!, great starting pay, great benefits
Cons
low raises, too many shift bids, if you are home based not much chance to move up
Looks good on your resume
SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER IOS AND MAC (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2016
If you want to stay in IT , Apple looks amazing on your resume .... the incessant customer calls will drive you insane as they expect you to only be on the phone 7 minutes per call and most issues go well beyond 7 minutes ... Don't expect much help from your manager in the way of suggestions they only push you to senior members of the teams that can meet the goal and tell you to mimic what they are doing .... other than the pay and benefits being pretty good the rest of the job leaves a lot to be desired
Pros
work from home
Cons
no work life balance
Amazing Experience
At Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 26, 2016
Worked in a highly engaged, valued customer service position. Enjoyed learning about Apple Technology and programs and worked with like-minded individuals.
Management was varied but driven and provided good support on job roles and information.
The co-worker environment was minimal since the position was work from home, and allowed personal relationships to build when wanted.
The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. If the option was or is available to me I would absolutely work for them again.
The most enjoyable part was the problem solving. Being able to resolve and determine technical issues.
Benefits
Cons
Irregular scheduling

Want to know more about Apple?

Ask a question
Great place to find a niche, but big culture shifts.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
I've had a great time at Apple, I started as a lowly phone agent in 2007, but in 9 years have increased my salary by 4 times and am doing jobs I never thought in 2007 I'd be doing now. Management is great, (keep in mind there are 10k people in this campus, and I've mainly worked in the operations side of things without a degree) albeit times the culture seems to be shifting from the bottom up worship of the past to a top-down middle manager methodology.
Pros
Crazy amenities, upward mobility, stability, work-life balance
Cons
Occasional demanding schedules, Thousands of people as competition for growth within
Apple is a great Company
Mac Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Have to love this company. It is a test of your intelligence, Technical aptitude and definitely people skills. If your looking for a feel good job that tests your limits this is the place. The people that you work with are great! They will become your second family. Benefits are second to none. And corporate knows exactly what they are doing and always have something in place to transition into whatever it is they are doing.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance is a little off
Exceptional Company, Great People, Rewarding Experience
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
I always loved walking into work because I knew I was there to do something that mattered. Apple taught me new ways to look at the relationship between a customer and a product. The ways in which I learned to communicate with people and act as a professional are lessons I will not soon forget.
The benefits for working at a company like Apple are hard to find anywhere else. From the Employee Stock purchase program to the ability to access some of the best software on the market for little to no charge, Apple takes care of their employees.
Best company you'll ever work for!
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 17, 2016
I loved my time at Apple. I loved the people I worked with and the culture around it. No matter where you are in the company, you feel like you are part of the company. Something that is unusual for most companies when discussing how each part operates between retail, corporate, etc.
Pros
A lot of great benefits, pay is better than most, and very understanding environment.
Cons
Company will take political stances you may or may not agree with.
Worked PT Schedule with FT Benefits/Perks...
Applecare Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2016
If you're willing to really dedicate yourself to the company, even as a PT employee, then it's a wonderful company to work for. They expect a lot (particularly as a PT employee) but undeniably take great care of their employees. I loved helping people with technology. I loved the benefits. And my manager was awesome. That said, technology is always changing, though. Constantly educating and familiarizing oneself with the nuances of their products and services is often homework on top of their study modules and meetings unless you have an impeccable memory. Overall, it was a great challenge with great reward. I learned how hard technical support over the phone can really be, but also graduated to a greater level of patience from the outset of my experience.
Amazing Work Place Were Everyone Fits Together Like a Puzzle
WMM Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 31, 2016
At Apple I had an amazing team of people who were dedicated to delivering the best products on the market. We had rounded edges on all of our products by paying such amazing detail to each and every aspect. My team was extremely dedicated to delivering world class technical support, always going above and beyond to meet the customer needs. At Apple we strongly believed in ownership, when the issue was Apple's responsibility. In computer networking, you learn something everyday as the ecosystem changes and morphs, it never gets old! In addition I was motived to come into work each and every day because I worked along a group of dedicated people who were just as committed to the quality of our products and technical support as I was. The most enjoyable part of technical support is resolving the customer's issues and knowing that your brightened their day.
Pros
Workplace Events and Activities (Team Builders) and Benefits
Cons
Contact Que / Always Staying Plugged In
Great retail job
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2016
Working there is great for someone that starts or is looking for a part time position. I worked as a phone tech there and it's a very demanding, fast paced, high customer interaction environment. The customers can be rude at all times, be belligerent and sometimes nasty. But it's up to you to change that around. Your co-workers are the best, you will meet a lot of friendly people there. It's not hard to find friends. The company does have excellent start pay and great benefits. Some managers are cool, while others can be a pain. Get ready to be put through the ringer because the company has a reputation for great customer service. The customers there will remind you of such.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Some Managers, Nasty customers, over worked, no in-store incentives
AppleCare is awesome!
AppleCare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2016
I love my job with AppleCare. I can say that not only are the benefits great, but the environment is what you make it. Yes, you can make your work environment the best atmosphere so that you can provide exceptional customer service to the customers of Apple, Inc. Each team is like a family and we are all extended families from our teams. Love working here so very much.
Pros
Healthcare, internal support, tools provided, equipment provided, career opportunities
Great place to work, but you must be committed to the job
Genius (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 8, 2016
Apple is both one of the best and most stressful places I have ever worked (at least in the retail side of things). They expect a lot out of their employees, but have a tough time meeting them in the middle when it comes to work-live balance. On the one hand, the benefits and salary from Apple are exeplary and I wish other companies could follow suit, but on the other hand you are almost expected to bend over backwards to meet the businesses needs. Time off is difficult to acquire, and scheduling is absolute garbage when it comes to even the day by day operation. There are times where I didn't come in to work knowing when I actually had a shift because a change was made the night before and I wasn't notified, then received a tardy because I was late. Come on Apple! Friendly atmosphere and team, most of the time because Apple really treats you like a family member, and if you need time off for family or health issues it is regulated but plentiful. I had 6+ weeks of paid paternity leave as an example!
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, stock options, great leave options
Cons
stressful and poor work-life balance
Productive career
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 3, 2016
Had fun working for Apple, my position was home based and I just do not think working at home is best for me. I love to get out and meet people, however, the training received is very beneficial for other call center and technical careers.
Pros
Flex-time, benefits, Apple discounts
Cons
Sitting down working on a desktop, very stressful, and employees receives D-sats when customer do not like their Apple products.