Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,534 reviews matching the search
Great culture, Fun place to work, Little room for growth.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 12, 2016
I had a good experience with Apple retail as a whole, but due to the lack of ability for advancement and full-time positions, I was unable to stay with the company. Benefits were good, stock purchase program was helpful, but the required hours of availability for even part-time employees was too much to handle for such a part-time commitment. Management made goals and criticisms clear, both constructive and non. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with team members and knowing you have resources on the floor to help you with any given situation if you need more information about a product or service offered by Apple. I would recommend if you are looking for a part-time job, but not as a full-time career as the available positions are few and far between.
Pros
Benefits, Stock plan, Discounts, Occasional free meals.
Cons
Breaks are monitored closely, shifts are sporadically scheduled.
Best Work Experience Ever
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 5, 2016
My brief time at Apple will be one of my favorite experiences of my professional life. The culture the Apple has is one of hard work and a drive to be the best, but it is also one of inclusion and creativity. A typical day is never boring, as you end up finding something new about the company or its products as you speak with new and returning customers about them, and that education that you recieve is worth more than the compensation that they provide, which is already sufficient even in their entry positions. If anyone gets an opportunity to work for Apple, I highly reccomend that they take it.
Pros
Fun, quick-paced, great pay
Cons
Slow advancement, customers tend to be a little off-put by prices
Great benefits with passionate individuals
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 13, 2016
Apple Retail is a great place to start if you want to get into the tech industry for those in school or looking for a change in their day to day. You work with some of the most passionate people who love and enjoy Apple products. Apple has really great benefits; 401K, healthcare, stock options, commuter subsidies, etc. Working in Apple's retail stores can be hard at times with little work life balance. It's retail after all. The plus side is to experience Apple's launches and hype arounds its products. Each Apple Store is different and its customer base can be quite different as well. Depending where and what store you work at it can either be a great thriving place or a difficult place to be.
Pros
benefits, peers
Cons
work life balance
Very fast paced environment with heavy customer focus and product knowledhe
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 3, 2016
Overall, working for the Apple Store is an amazing opportunity. Their entry level pay is higher than most places, and you get plenty of benefits, even if you're part time. You just need to be willing to handle an extremely fast paced environment with a constant flow of customer traffic. Your skills with customer focus, product knowledge, and learning on the fly play a huge part in being a specialist for Apple.
Most of the coworkers are friendly and willing to help, but unfortunately, the management uses personal favoritism in order to determine who gets to grow within the company.
Pros
Great benefits, high entry level pay, flexible
Cons
Poor management
Overall Happy
Portuguese Data Analyst/ Portuguese Transit Editor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The work is steady and the hours remain the same. My position is contracted, so there is little opportunity for advancement. The management treats us well, but we are replaceable, and are often treated as such. Pay and compensation is not too great, and contracting for positions that are ongoing projects with no set end date doesn't make sense, as it stifles our pay and lowers our incentive to work.
Pros
Convenient hours, relaxed environment, consistent work, good communication
Cons
benefits, pay, holiday/breaks
daily life
Genius (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 2, 2017
good people, good benefits.
Apple used to be a place where there was genuine concern about the happiness and well being of the employees, not so much anymore. Being at apple for 7 years, I have seen the company change 180 degrees. I cannot say that I am not grateful for my time there but the company has changed from about the people to about the money. It has become a Typical corporate environment, highly political. Apple is very good at masking all of that with the verbiage and training style they use but once you step into the store, I promise you your opinion will change.
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
management
Awesome coworkers!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 7, 2016
Apple is an amazing place to work, at first. You get excited because you're working for one of the biggest, most recognizable companies in the world, but it slowly changes. Managers become condescending, it gets tiring to see people working towards promotions while they hire externally, customers are crazy. After awhile it genuinely takes a toll on your mental and physical health. Don't forget, it is retail. Hours are long and inconvenient, and then HR has certain rules about availability and store demand that MUST be met (occasionally they bend them for individuals). Pay is decent but in order to see any type of improvement you have to be around for awhile (I once met a guy, it took him 7 years to become a genius and finally make more than $20/hr). One thing that doesn't change, regardless of the location are your colleagues. Apple has perfected the group of people they hire and you always have this mini family.
Pros
lots of free food, gym reimbursement, paid holidays (full-time), cheap health benefits
Cons
no clear-cut path to promotions, pay could be better
2 star maybe 1 & 1/2
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 19, 2017
This company is horrible to work for they pay $10.50 as a supervisor. They treat everyone like they are stealing, when passing through a metal detector, getting waived and beeped by the scanner adds points to your behavior and determination for termination in the future. No future progress of incentive to stay and work for long time, no raises, no evaluation, no fairness of employee, and no respect from upper-management. I feel very bad when i worked at this company.
Pros
Work and a paycheck
Cons
Wonderful company, but limited opportunities for advancement.
Full Time Specialst/Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2016
Working for Apple was one of my best job experiences. The only downside was that once I was determined to be a "rock star" in sales, it was almost impossible for me to move into a different position within the store. I was only able to recieve my technician liscense after having surgery, and not being able to be on the sales floor, which allowed me time to study and pass the test. Even then, I was only allowed behind the genuis bar when they were shorthanded.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Limited oppurtunities for advancement within the company.
Fun work environment
AppleCare Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2017
The company had great benefits and compensation. Most managers were eager to help with with job development if you were looking to exceed in your role. The company hosted different events to keep the employees happy and provided different service there on campus like a gym, doctors office with a pharmacy, dental office, and therapist.
Scheduling was a little difficult to deal with, you would get a new schedule every 3 months and it wouldn't always be something that was ideal to your personal life. Over all the company was great.
Pros
Onsite cafe, gym, doctors office with a pharmacy, dental office, and therapist.
Cons
Scheduling, job development.
Look elsewhere
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Work/Life balance is horrible if you're in a shift job that changes hours and days every 14 weeks and you have kids. Management wants to cheerlead you through the long hours, poor raises and sudden shifts in job requirements with copious swag and beer parties you can't even attend if you're on shift anyway (or you'll be on the phone buzzed, which isn't allowed). If you're willing to still through those for the health and retirement benefits then this is the place for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere. It's so competitive here, people trying to get ahead will not hesitate to throw you under the bus and climb over.
Pros
The cafeteria food is awesome at the Austin location. Nice gym too.
Cons
Hours, relentless pushing for more productivity, no room for advancement
Great internal culture with opportunities for employees
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 27, 2016
The best part of working at Apple was helping customers who appreciated your knowledge and expertise. However, management and getting promoted could be very political. Employees were given opportunities to mentor continuing and incoming hires, as well as start programs that contribute to internal culture. While at Apple, I started Old Orchard Magazine, a publication designed to get all the store's news to the entire team, while including light-hearted, health-related content about flu shots and yoga poses.
Pros
Great product, good benefits
Cons
Politics, angry customers
Not your normal retail job.
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Very team orientated would start the day with the group of people who just came in. Give us a break-down of how the day has been and what goals sales should achieve. Separately the technical team would speak as well about repairs and how busy the queue was for the day. We would get our device and go help customers and try to achieve success for their issue while holding onto a time constraint. Being able to juggle 6 people, some with complications that take longer than 15 minutes, helped me able to multitask very much.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Extremely self-absorbed, favoritism based on who's friendly with manager versus talent.
Fun Culture AND Great Experience!
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 3, 2017
Apple really works at giving you opportunities to grow. Everyday is filled with learning and teamwork. One of the best jobs I have ever had. There are limitless advancement opportunities. You work with some very cool people and the leadership cares about your development. You may get coaching but you never get battered or belittled. The pay is decent and the benefits include, 401(k) match, stock purchase options, product discounts and discounts on services across many different areas, education assistance, child care assistance, paid vacation, sick time and other time off options, health club Reimbursment or bike cost set off. You get 1.5 time for OT and it's pretty much unlimited as long as you don't exceed 12 hours in a day or 59 total in a week. Not a lot of down side to working at Apple. If anything, it can be hard to move up as there are a lot of people shooting for a select few positions. If you are willing/able to relocate, these options go up pretty quickly thought.
Pros
You want to be a better version of yourself... Work for Apple. It is truly a changing event.
Cons
Very competitive for new positions. The politics are there and expect to work for it.
Productive and fun work environment with opportunities to advance and further education with assistance.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2016
Overall Apple is a good company to work for. The environment is relaxed and fun, there's plenty of parties and events to attend and the benefits are amazing. But there's no specific processes set in place to help you when you're providing service to a customer. Everything changes constantly which makes the job a little unstable sometimes. The management is nice but there's a strong sense of favoritism.
Big promises; worked from home
Mac + and iOS Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJanuary 9, 2017
Answered phones for iOS and Mac+ troubleshooting.

I learned in depth how to trouble shoot Mac computers and also iOS devices.

Management was just as new as I was so that made it hard some days when I needed a question answered.

Great atmosphere and lots of incentives to keep working.

Loved the group that I was able to be apart of. Still talk to this group today.
Pros
paid healthcare benefits, incentives and bonuses, great pay, work from home
Cons
Stress of the call center type job
Good for a year of experience
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 10, 2017
This job has been great so gain some experience in an industry setting. The work is interesting and you work with some really great people. Unfortunately, there is little job security as you are on 1-year contracts with few people being converted to full time employees. Would recommend to anyone moving to the area in need of work or GIS industry experience.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
benefits, job security
Allows for personal/work growth and development
Product Zone Specialist/Genius Bar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 11, 2017
Each day was filled with new experiences that helped build ones character and ability to adjust to an ever changing environment.
Co-workers are among some of the smartest and most creative people who are always pushing one another to improve day in and day out.
Pros
Always making sure all breaks are taken plus fexible schedules. Also amazing benifits.
Cons
Lack of management to seek amd understand but rare
work-life-balance as a part-time position
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2017
What can i say....Great place to work, part time position. great benefits, schedule to work 4-5 days and you know when you working for 3 week in advance. Very hard to getting a position, not easy. great co-workers. hard to get off on weekend. fun, work as big family. good for college student to grow and learn so much, great training.
Pros
benefits are great, 3 week schedule set, fun, no presser
Cons
not many hours sometime or no commission or no bonus except for management
Great Place to Work
At Home Advisor Senior Advisor iOS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2017
Apple is a great place to work and try to keep things fun. Apple teaches you amazing skills and concepts, and training is always available when needed. Apple taught we how to handle very heated customers. The culture doesn't exclude anyone in the workplace making you fell comfortable. The benefits are some of the best in the world. Apple hasn't been offering as much room to move up in the chain of command and that is one downside as they have been hiring externally.