Apple Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,955 reviews matching the search
Inconsistent management, but great beenfits
Senior Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 21, 2016
Working from home for Apple is great, but there is a definite caste system that separates at-home workers from those in Austin and (even more so) Cupertino. That affects your opportunities for advancement. Management is extremely inconsistent, with remote employees moved from one manager's team to another randomly for no apparent reason (or at least none that is explained to the employees). The benefits are wonderful, and the pay is excellent compared to most support jobs. It is still a call center, though, and the schedules reflect that fact.

The best thing about the job is the customers. Apple customers tend to love Apple, and they are for the most part quite nice - much nicer than the average customer I've dealt with at other companies. The fact that Apple empowers employees to take care of customers and make things right really helps the relationship, as well.
Pros
Benefits and compensation, customers
Cons
Management, call center schedules
A Nice Company to Work, Still A Mega Corp
AppleCare At-Home Senior Advisor Mac+ (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2016
Working for Apple provided a lot of great benefits like phenomenal health insurance and a great on-site environment, however once you become familiar with the company's business structure it has all of the same problems as any other huge multinational company.

While growth has created a lot of opportunities for advancement, due to a lot of outside recruiting in order to keep up with that growth, it has also diluted the company culture that was such a big part of Apple during Steve's reign as CEO.
Great Place to Develop Your Skills
Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Apple was a terrific place to work, though upper management had very little concern for work-life balance (thus burnout was frequent). Benefits were above average, people were outstanding to work with. Surprisingly, Apple has never really embraced the concept of working remotely (at least not for non-engineering types), preferring its employees to be on location (even during holiday work periods). Compensation-wise, Apple was about average (actually lower than Dell), but their reputation is such that people WANT to work there.
Pros
Good benefits, great people and smart management
Cons
Little work-life balance and average compensation
Super exciting place to work at.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 9, 2016
Help customers experienced and inexperienced.
Assist customers transitioning from a PC to a Mac.
Navigating the customer through the technology so they can take control of the product.
Help assist with troubleshooting and technical support.
Ensure that a customer leaves satisfied with not only the device but the Apple experience.

Management is super understanding I'm flexible with an open door policy.

Coworkers were fun to work with everybody always learning from each other Great feedback and personal development amongst a great team.
Benefits
Cons
Great benefits but becoming very corporate
Genius (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2016
I worked as a Genius in one of the retail stores. It's noisy and hectic and not for the faint of heart. I loved what I did for Apple but the environment just wore me out as the years passed.

They have great benefits for working there even if you work part time. Discounts aplenty abound, healthcare is available even if you aren't full time, the managers there are sticklers about making sure that everyone gets their breaks and lunches and the attendance policy treats you like a human being.

That said, there are a lot of decisions made corporately about how the store is run that, as a child of the "Think Different" era, aren't what I would consider to be "Apple." I felt as though the store was becoming too much like any other sterile corporate environment.
Pros
Health care even for part timers, Good discounts, Good coworkers
Cons
Nerve Racking, becoming too corporate
Great place to work if you have a whole lot of energy
Mac Genius (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 28, 2016
I loved working at Apple, but at the end of the day you will be often reminded that you work Apple's retail arm, and sometimes that can make you feel unappreciated and unimportant. You will feel like a battering ram trying to protect your favorite company from time to time, but you will learn so much about technology, people, and communication from working there. Public speaking, troubleshooting, problem solving, and leadership are some of the other skills I picked up or strengthened while working here, and the benefits and discounts are great. Apple also has a knack for hiring some of the coolest, most interesting, and passionate people you'll ever meet, so more likely than not, you'll be developing a second family if you decide to work there, which was one of my favorite parts of the job.
Pros
Benefits, experience, challenge, co-workers
Cons
Ambiguity, super fast-paced, at times overwhelming
The best company I have ever worked for
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 27, 2016
I plan on staying with Apple for the long haul. It will have to take something pretty amazing to pull me away from them. Their morals and how they treat their employees is something I have never experienced before. Leadership/management it just amazing and supportive and always there when you need them.
Pros
company incentives, benefits, work/life balance, supportive, co-workers are amazing, family atmosphere and very competitive compensation
Cons
very few hours available
Not everything it appears to be.
Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2015
From the outside Apple is by far the most admired company globally. Truthfully from a corporate perspective I can agree with that. The benefits and offerings that I have received are not matched anywhere else at the retail level.

But, it is a retail job that comes with all the retail baggage. That means angry customers who try to take out their wrath on you and leadership that may or may not have your back in tough situations. Also your work is your life so there is the balance. Not to mention the over refined specific culture of not being yourself but a cookie cutter "individual" that will fit into the ecosystem of the store.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
No work/life balance
Apple Inc, Austin TX
Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
While I exceeded and actually won sales competitions, and had a great manger, there is such a underlying cloud of insincerity and corporate formalities it makes one uneasy. I loved surpassing sales number and kerning how to become better at my job. The most valuable thing I learned is this. To be successful in sales one must fully understand and be confident in whatever your selling. If product knowledge is mastered, the sale come naturally.
Pros
Nice Campus, Good benefits
Cons
Very smug attitude, no room for advancement, low pay for sales
Great place for college students to gain professional experience
Specialist & Business Team Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Apple is a fun place to work and also learn skills that will carry over into many other positions. Management is very personable and willing to help you build skills for the positions available in the retail setting. There are many opportunities to work full time or part time while learning great technology skills and people skills. Emphasis is on exceptional customer service and professionalism.
Pros
good benefits, great people, creative atmosphere
Cons
difficult to move from retail to corporate, quality diminishing
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
The best company I have worked for to date. We have wonderful benefits, perks, work environment, and work space.

Being able to grow from within has been a struggle, along with being seen for just my work ethic and dedication. Who you know and who likes you seems to be the politics here.

The most enjoyable aspect of working here is representing Apple, working with customers and providing a good experience. Our work spaces, campus and cafe are absolutely amazing.
Pros
Great perks and benefits
Cons
Not easy to grow from within
Very Demanding
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKFebruary 4, 2016
There were parts of the job that I liked. For example, the down time. However, the management was very hard on us and unfair. They would not inform you of a schedual change and if you were late that day you would get written up or terminated. Very little to no breaks what so ever. Very unfair with pay. By the end of my three year carrer I was only making 25 cents more then when I stared and new hires were making at least $1 an hour more than me with no chance of a raise.
Pros
Made Friends
Cons
Unfair Pay, Very demanding
Retail Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 23, 2016
Apple is a phenomenal company to work for. They take great care of their employees and offer great compensation. They provide all necessary training to do the job successfully. Their health benefits are fantastic and they also offer commuter benefits. For the most part, the management is made up of a great team wanting to make sure people who want to succeed and move up have the chance. There are different areas where people can work in, both tech support and sales, but at the end it is all about the customer experience.
Pros
Great compensation, upward movement.
Great People Limited Advancement
Mac Genius Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 18, 2016
Apple has a great company culture and provides lots of opportunities to learn but the retail environment can be incredibly stressful and the schedule really strains your work/life balance. As the company has grown so have the politics and bureaucracy, which makes it hard to get promoted and establish a clear path for growth above the lower level roles.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, discounts and benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment, inconsistent schedule
Apple
AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 2, 2016
Apple is a great company to work for. I had the honor of working as an AppleCare Advisor, a 1 year agreement as a Sac State student. Even though my major was not in technology, the company trained me with their products and services to where I was able to provide my customers the right information as needed. Management did well with keeping up with their team as it is a fast paced company with constant changes in the job description.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Great Employer
At-Home Advisor (Current Employee) –  HomeDecember 6, 2015
I hold Apple to the highest respect. The work culture is fantastic. Compensation is next to none, and the benefits are highly regarded. The only issue I have with Apple is the inability to choose a schedule that supports a healthy outside of work life. Employees must bid on schedules, which are split into three large groups. Metrics do play a huge role in getting the schedule you want, but if you are not in the first group to bid on schedules, it does not matter how good of an employee you are, just how lucky you are. Because of this, working one weekend day and shifts that allow you to never see people are a possibility. With a work at home position, I do not suggest this job for people that need human interaction.
A typical day as an At-Home-Advisor would include taking inbound calls for technical support, attending team meetings and coaching with management, and supporting other advisors via chat and email.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the other employees. Apple truly hires great individuals.
Pros
great compensation, competitive benefits
Cons
Working one weekend day, working late shifts, working from home and never seeing people
Great company to be a part of depending on which department you work for.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
Overall, working for Apple finally enabled me to use all of my skills for a company that I believed in and supported as customer. The position was remote and afforded me the ability to work from the comforts of my own home. The technology was superior to other remote positions I've held in that you were able to still feel very much connected where working remotely 100% can lean towards a sense of isolation.

The hugest down side for me was the inability to achieve any hope of work life balance working on the graveyard shift. Certain mandatory meetings are held during hours when someone who is on an opposite schedule should be sleeping. Moreover, with the lack of sleep being a huge factor in performance, hard to keep up with volatile changes in team dynamics while being expected to perform with consistency.

I would recommend that anyone work for Apple, and despite my personal experience, I still feel they are a great company to work for. I recommend that anyone with small children or a family life never work for the graveyard team. It will chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Awesome environment, people, compensation, benefits
Cons
work-life balance, stability
Fun and productive workplace with opportunities to grow
Expert (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 24, 2015
Fun positive fast-paced environment with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how you personally develop and grow. Everything you do on a day to day basis focuses around putting the customer at the center of the universe. Never putting the process before the person in front of you. Loads of career experiences in different areas locally and abroad. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleages and enriching customers lives.
Pros
Apple swag, off site break room, discounted and restricted stocks, product discounts, tuition reimbursement, transportation benefits, healthcare, 401k, and more
Cons
Employee to customers ratio is rarely proportional but is it ever in retail?
Extremely refined culture.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2015
While Apple is absolutely an amazing company to work for the culture can easily suck your soul dry. The expectation of being an individual is so demanding that every person has almost the same high stung personality.

The company from a corporate perspective is on to truly admire. They really do take care of their people. From an in store ground level, work life balance is not always respected and becomes tiresome.
Pros
The benefits that are offered.
Cons
Work/Life Balance is not in check
Excellent culture team spirit
Architect - Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My time at Apple was great. The company fosters learning, teamwork, and has excellent internal communications, rare in today's company's. You are consistently challenged, deadlines are met, and self-inspired learning are the tough parts. The good parts are the company values talent, is innovative, offers a fair salary and benefits, and has areas to grow your career.
Pros
Good Benefits, Stable Company, Values Talent

4.3