Apple
1,447 reviews

Apple Employer Reviews

diversity was good
Business Owner - Flea Marketing (Current Employee), FestivalsMarch 26, 2015
Pros: diversity and customer interaction
Cons: Long days
love it

day usually starts at approximately 4:00 am and ends approximately 8:00 pm

drive to location, set up tent, tables, skirting, merchandise, signs
Great place to learn and gain experience
Genius (Mac Support Technician) (Current Employee), San DiegoMarch 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, skills gained
Cons: work life balance, umbrella corporate initiatives without necessary adjustments for site specific needs
Fast paced and challenging environment for efficient technical support of a vast array of customer issues. The job requires to you be creative and constantly learning.
Fellow employees are very talented and intelligent.
Great Place to work
Specialist (Former Employee), TexasMarch 25, 2015
This company cares about its people. Technology can be taught to anyone but it takes a special person to be about to embrace the innovative work and share it with others who are not familiar with technology.
Fast Paced and never a dull moment.
CREATIVE / TRAINER (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at Apple for me was teaching up to 20 people on how to us the various applications on the mac. I learned a lot about customer service tailored for different people and personalities. I worked closely with the management staff, developed a solid relationship with them and have earned their trust to put the company's mission statements and vision at the helm of my performance. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasionally difficult person or people who chose to be unreasonable. The most enjoyable part is working with the fellow employees and solving problems for customers. For example, I remember this lady who's mother had recently died. She had only her mother's voice on a few last voice messages. The lady wanted to archive those messages for ever but was afraid that because they were on voice mail they would easily be deleted. I helped her record those voice mails from her mother to her computer using native audio production application. I could tell she was eternally grateful. That made my day and hers, I'm sure.(tears)
Fun place to work
At Home Advisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Health care is fantastic
Cons: working alone
Its great to work from home but the only down side was lack of a social aspect can get lonely. Did provide 15 minute breaks when needed. great vacation time and sick days
Extremely fast paced way to make great friends
iOS Technician and Mac Trainer (Former Employee), Naples, FLMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Apple, despite the stressful environment and long days and hours because the coworkers I had there are still some of my best friends.
Apple Retail at it's finest.
Apple Genius/Apple Specialist (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 23, 2015
I worked under great Management at Apple retail, people were always moving up to bigger and better positions as the company and the store grew. The people were great and knowledgeable, and eager to promote the company products.
Apple
Apple Specialist (Current Employee), Novi, MIMarch 23, 2015
High Traffic, Constant learning on the go and adapting to new products and technology. Fixing software issues of all kind on the flow. Fast paced work environment. Amazing coworkers, talented group of people.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 23, 2015
The primary role of the Senior Manager is to be the coach and visionary of a store team throughout multiple departments and locations. Responsible for building strategic plans for brand loyalty through team development, coaching, and feedback. Manage large groups of direct reports including managers throughout multiple stores. Develop business plans for continued growth and development of the store, market, and team. Coach & develop managers and team members to achieve promotions and growth. Achieve year over year sales growth. Manage customer loyalty & experience internally and externally. Help to develop and drive a market wide strategy.
A constant learning environment with exceptional peers to learn from.
Back of House Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: ambiguity
Apple Inc. is a fantastic organization to work with. A typical day includes multiple opportunities to reflect and provide feedback amongst management and peers. Customers are truly grateful for the help they get and are always eager to learn more, which pushes you to constantly search deeper for answers to the many situations you may encounter. The coworkers are extremely supportive of each other and constantly strive to make each other the best specialist we can be. The most difficult part of the job is the ambiguity, and not knowing exactly what is coming next, but for obvious reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job is the networking possibilities and sharing the collective knowledge amongst so many talented individuals all working towards a common goal.
Very Competitive Environment to work
Test Lead/Manager (Former Employee), San JoseMarch 21, 2015
Excellent learning curve, Fantastic peers to work, Cutting edge technology and multi-vendor environment gives an opportunity for healthy competition.
Loved every minute of it.
Mac Sales Expert (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 21, 2015
Where to begin with Apple. Great place to work. Loved my team that i worked on and the Aussies and Kiwi's I talked to every day about Apple Products.

I left because they simply didn't pay enough so I took an opportunity at a start up. I left on great terms and would recommend that anyone give it a shot offered employment.
Apple retail provides many unique challenges for those passionate about the brand
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Century City, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the scheduling is random
My current employer is Apple and my role is Family Room Specialist. I work in tandem with the Genius Bar to troubleshoot iOS devices, (iPhones, IPads, IPods, Apple TV's and the forthcoming Apple Watch). The Job is constantly changing due to the ever-evolving technology. My goal is always to provide the best solution in the fastest way possible that leaves the customer happy with their experience at the store.

I've learned so much. I've learned how these devices work, both software and hardware. I've learned that you always want to explain things as simply as possible. Also, sometimes you need to find a new way of explaining a concept because not everybody learns the in the same way.

I think the company is well managed. There's a reason why we're the no. 1 company in the world.

I love my co-workers. We're a very diverse group of people, all with unique passions and gifts. I've made friends with quite a few of my colleagues and we all make an effort to support each other outside of work.

The hardest part of the job is the scheduling. We don't work regularly scheduled shifts. We may work a morning shift one day, an afternoon shift the following day and a closing shift the day after that. Because of the way our schedules are made, it makes it very difficult to have a routine outside of work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the customer and making sure they leave happy and satisfied with the service that I have provided.
Low pay, fast paced, great benefits, high product knowledge, high stress job
Specialist (Current Employee), CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, discounts with cell and network providers
Cons: extremely low pay, offers lateral mobility, all workers compensated same despite education level
A successful IT company needs to evolve quickly and respond to customer and employee feedback and this is exactly what Apple has succeeded in doing. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with high customer expectations with low pay. Changes are frequent and with little time to read and update, emails are overwhelming. Expectations for retail employees are equal to corporate, however with retail employees serving customers throughout the day the expectations are not equitable. All employees no matter what education level or age are all treated the same. This model creates equity as well as a lack of respect for experienced workers with years of life experience. Healthcare benefits are excellent as well as discounts from network providers. Feedback needs more training and is a crucial part of the work culture. Customer feedback is at times not related to job performance but extraneous circumstances, yet critical to upward mobility. Recognition given to workers on number basis only.
Amazing company, innovative products and generous benefits
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
Apple is an innovative company that truly cares about every employee. I have been impressed by the level of employee development and opportunity for advancement. I've got amazing coworkers and caring managers.

I've learned to be a better critical thinker and have improved upon my ability to lead groups as well as coach individuals.
Productive workplace with truly engaging and committed employees
Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: benefits for part-timers
A typical day at 5th Avenue Apple is exciting, engaging, genuine and fast-paced. I learned that learning on the job with the help of co-workers is the key. I learned that working for the company is not about selling products but rather about learning from the visitors to the store. Listening to them, hearing their stories, learning about their lives and helping them enrich certain aspects with Apple technology. Management was truly wonderful, the best I've experienced in my working years. I never felt lost or confused because everywhere I turned, I saw a smiling manager ready to help at a moment's notice. My co-workers were energetic, heartfelt and genuinely happy to be at work. We all fed off of each other's energy and the energy of the bustling store to create a truly magnetic work atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was communicating effectively with visitors to the store who spoke not a word of English. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out, no matter how much time it required, and seeing them leave so thankful with a smiling face. There's nothing more satisfying than having customers ask for your business card because they only want to work with you when they return to the store.
Fun place to work at, you always lear something new.
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 16, 2015
This is a really great company to work for, despite some people giving it a bad rap. I have been there for about 4 years now and I love my job. I feel like I'm getting paid for my favorite hobby.
Fast-paced customer service, excellent management, and a great work environment.
Certified Mobile Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I deliver 20-28 daily appointments providing hardware and software support across multiple devices. This role has taught me how to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
A very motivating and great workplace
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMarch 16, 2015
At Apple, you not only get to work with the best technology in the world, but you also get to work with the best people. There is always ongoing training about new product releases and constant development within the company!
It's Apple. What can I say?
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no work/life balance
There's nowhere else like it, and everyone knows it. That's a good and a bad thing. Management quality varies widely throughout different parts of the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries