1,508 reviews

Apple United States Employee Reviews

fun but demanding place to work
Global Security Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: free concerts
Cons: no free food
-high energy hard working people
-people from different parts of the can get along
-your treated like an equal
-diverse
-pre relase
fun enviroment, awesome co workers
Apple Specialist (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits and training
Cons: pay for amount of work done
As a Specialist, I was highly skilled at uncovering customers’ needs, then following through with enlightening solutions. Not only was I the first person customers meet when they enter the store, but also the person who guides them — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. I perform other roles within the store too, whether it’s maintaining visual merchandising or assisting team members. Always curious, I stay on top of news about products and initiatives, ready to apply learning in customer interactions. I get great satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with Apple.
Intense atmosphere
Intern Worldwide Sales and Order Management BPR (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 19, 2015
Apple has a highly competitive enviroment that encourages a healthy work life balance. The company provides transit and inexpensive, high quality food.
Amazing work environment
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 19, 2015
Everyone there is always happy and in a great mood! You feel trusted and a special part of the workplace. Best place to work at. Also opens up a lot of opportunities, and great benefits.
TIER 1 CPU TECH (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 18, 2015
Typical work day depends on job title. usually handling customers all day but you do not have to take work home with you. Lots of advancement opportunities.
Intense, knowledgable and interactive support.
Tier 1 CPU Chat Support (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Work from home, great benifits, fun co-workes
Cons: Sit for 10 hours a day and hardly get to spend time with family
A typical day at work with consist of about 20 chats or more depending on day or volume with customers ranging from all kind of backgrounds due to the support being international. I have learned many aspects of Apple especially on how to interact and resolve all kinds of technical issues with all of Apples OS X, iOS and Account Security. My co-workers are very supportive and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job for me is to have to sit for 10 hours and not be able to learn new and exciting things but the do the same routine on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part is the people I get to chat and interact with on a daily basis.
Great work, great people, but not a lot of free time.
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 17, 2015
I took a contract position with Apple. It was a great team, with really fun and exciting work. However, it was a lot of work. If you have no problem working 70+ hours and getting very little sleep, then go for it.
Fast paced environment
Service Specialist (Former Employee), AugustaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flex time
Cons: Rushed from breaks, scheduling conflicts (say yes but then tell you no)
8 to 9 hour shifts, helped out anywhere between 10-30 people a day

Learned about customer relations and support

Management was nice but had issues with verifying schedules and approving important dates

Hardest part was dealing with customer issues involving locked devices
A great starting point with a silver lining...
Senior Advisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: I work for Apple
Cons: The $$$ isnt what you would expect at times...
The Apple experience is awesome! I love working here! That's not the problem. I want to expand my horizons and help my career path so that I can gain more access to the things that will make me a greater Leader and reinforce the foundation that companies like Apple have provided me with! I love helping our customers! They are some of the most loyal people I know. Co-workers are always here to help and the managers always seem to care. Again, I have no complaints! I just want to check out all of my options...
Productive fast paced environment
Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach VirginiaApril 16, 2015
As a Specialist, I help create the energy and excitement around Apple products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. I am dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. It starts with me discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of my store team members, I match those needs with the right products. Every day is an opportunity for me to turn another Apple Store visitor into a loyal Apple customer. My success is measured by team and individual productivity as well as overall store performance. I am proud to represent Apple, and get a great deal of satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with Apple products.
Apple Specialist (Former Employee), miami,flApril 15, 2015
Responsible for influencing and creating excitement of Apple products to potential customers.
• Mentored and coached other specialists about Apple products and influenced them to align with
the customers’ needs.
• Responsible for uncovering the needs of the customers’ and introducing them to all areas of
Apple.
Page 1 of 3
• Responsible for providing outstanding customer experience to all of our customers both internal and external.
• Responsible for enriching the customer journey by providing all types of solutions to the customer.
• Responsible for developing and influencing other specialists in the store to drive for results.
Top company in the World.
Reclaim Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 15, 2015
I appreciated the opportunity to join one of the best companies in the World. I learned valuable lessons that will help me in my next position.
Great place
Hardware Project Management (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 15, 2015
Such a great place to work. I cannot express how much excitement I felt on my first day and everyday after. Awesome Company!
Its Apple!!!
Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 15, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Apple is one of the best retail franchices you can work for. It teaches you so much about technology and makes you believe in the awesome products that they have. The ability to move up in the compnay in any directions is always there. This is a great place to work.
Repetitive and fast paced
Unit Receiver (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: We could use internet during break and lunch
Cons: short breaks
When i was working there, the job was very repetitive. It was the same thing everyday. I would go in there sit down and have to start inspecting apple units for any damages. Certain co-workers were very childish and annoying while some were very mature and just wanted to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was dealing with annoying co-workers and being consistent while checking the units because there was a minimum that you would have to do in a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i was able too speak with some of my co-workers while working so i was always entertained while working. I learned that nothing in life comes easy. If you want something you have to get it done.
You can learn a lot from working here
Red Zone specialist (Current Employee), New York NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: excellent communication development
Cons: very hard to progress without making the right people happy. See office politics.
I believe the emphasis on customer service and learning effective communication and self improvement is worth the price of admission. The fact that the management has seldom gone through the same training that the staff has is a point of contention. This fact will not bother you until you have been with the company long enough to see it though so do still apply. It can be mentally taxing most days as it is a retail position.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: close to home, good management, great team members, benefits
Cons: stuck with schedule for one month
learned great customer service skills from apple and how to deal with very irate customers and how to turn a bad situation into a positive situation
Amazing workplace, a company I can believe in, and teams I can work with.
Genius (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
Work as Genius is work in a fast paced constantly changing environment. We repair relationships with customers and the brand we don't just fix their devices. The work is rewarding and the pay is very competitive for the retail sector.
Great Benefits and CS Training
Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Living Wage, Benefits, CS training
Cons: STRICT attendance policy, no Language training, Sales metrics weighed heavily against other areas of performance
Overall, Apple can be a great place to transition from survival jobs into a professional career. It is certainly comfortable, but if you stay too long, you can burn out easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, they tend to hire well balanced, creative employees with strong work ethics. The hardest part, specifically at the Fifth Avenue store, is giving non-english speaking customers the same great service - as their training does not prepare you for on-the-fly translations. A typical day for a sales specialist is 8 hours on your feet expending all the social energy you have to be as outgoing and friendly as possible. Management wants to keep you on track to make their daily revenue goals, but is always on the employees side in difficult CS scenarios. Promotions are super competitive, and there is quite a bit of hiring from outside the company.
an awesome job for students
Apple care technical advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 10, 2015
-take calls from all over country and Canada
-Troubleshoot customer's technical issues
-team's performance is being monitored by a team manager

1 2 3 4 5

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries