Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,520 reviews matching the search
great place to work
At home advisor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 3, 2017
i love this job same thing day in and day out Job Work/Life Balance
Apple’s mobile products, the iPhone and iPad, account for about three-quarters of its revenue. The iPad line has been expanded to include the iPad Pro, which features a bigger screen and a more powerful processes
No work/life balance
WAH (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 14, 2016
It's a good place to work for as far as pay and benefits however, They are not very accommodating with work/life/family balance. There should be no reason to be open on major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas especially if the stores are closed. Those times should be for family time. If people buy these products for their families they should have it set up BEFORE the holiday and ready to use! Corporate greed has taken over with little to no compassion for family/life outside of work. They feel you should ALWAYS be available for the hours they operate and not everyone's life is the same........need more balance for sure and less greed.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No family/life/work balance or compassion for family time....corporate greed
Great Benefits, Poor Management
Genius Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2016
I loved working for this company when I first started, and felt that I have so many opportunities to learn something new. The novelty of the company wore off, the management team is incapable of keeping a sufficient work flow. The company is becoming increasingly more corporate and does not hold the same values. The benefits are what keep me there, I feel every position, aside from mangement, are under paid.
Benefits
Exceptional Company, Great People, Rewarding Experience
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
I always loved walking into work because I knew I was there to do something that mattered. Apple taught me new ways to look at the relationship between a customer and a product. The ways in which I learned to communicate with people and act as a professional are lessons I will not soon forget.
The benefits for working at a company like Apple are hard to find anywhere else. From the Employee Stock purchase program to the ability to access some of the best software on the market for little to no charge, Apple takes care of their employees.
Like a second home
Mac Certified Technician - Genius (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2016
Jobs at Apple Inc. are highly sought after positions, and for good reason. High paced and always changing. This job keeps you on your toes. You constantly have to learn. Interact with people and deal with ambiguity. I love the people I work with. I get first access to the latest technology and get to solve complex issue.
Pros
Great culture. Talented coworkers and management. great health benefits.
Cons
Retail salary.
Diverse and welcoming
Product Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2017
Apple is a very inclusive and forward thinking company that cares about their customers and their employees. It's fun and fast-paced, and if you know how to talk to people it will be easy most days. There's a good deal of development with managers and it feels personalized. Benefits are amazing and upward mobility always feels like an option if that's what you want/you're ready for it.
Pros
Amazing break room/ team building
Cons
Some times stressful and mixed signals from multiple managers
Great structured Company
Technical Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 21, 2016
Typical day of my work is to schedule multiple interview while also monitoring day to day schedules (up to 4 - 5 a day). I also send out offer letters and on-board new candidates. I learned how to juggle all these things at once and how to handle work/life balance. Working at Apple as taught me how to use Mac software as well. Management is great! They always made sure to communicate and never point a finger. Just get the problem fixed if it ever raised. My workers are really dependable. Everyone wanted to help and so did I. Hardest part of my could be the last min updates to interview schedules but that was usually day to day so it did not become a problem. The most enjoyable part if when I get to on-board new candidates that I scheduled. It can be so rewarding to know that all your hard work was a life changing to someone.
Pros
Great Culture, great pay
Cons
headcount is very slow process
Busy environment with lots to do
Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Typical day at work involved clocking and then immediately going to the sales floor to conduct sales and trouble shooting of various apple products. Management was alright, however compensation could have been better. The best part of the job was working many hours even though I was part time. The worst part was only on the days when new products were released and the store would get extremely busy.
Would recommend
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Working at Apple has grown me significantly as an individual. The compensation is excellent, and the company intentionality and culture is wonderful. My role was rather stressful due to the amount and nature of negativity I had to with all day every day. However, I love that it was never boring and worked with a magnificent team.
Pros
good pay, easy to get time off, helpful systems in place
Cons
life work balance
Best company you'll ever work for!
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 17, 2016
I loved my time at Apple. I loved the people I worked with and the culture around it. No matter where you are in the company, you feel like you are part of the company. Something that is unusual for most companies when discussing how each part operates between retail, corporate, etc.
Pros
A lot of great benefits, pay is better than most, and very understanding environment.
Cons
Company will take political stances you may or may not agree with.
Great benefits
Genius (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 15, 2016
Apple as a company is a great company to work for. They train and give competitive wages. The benefits are a real positive that the company offers.
A typical day at work can be very stressful and physically demanding.
I learned teamwork, technical skills and staff development. Co-workers were my favorite part of the job, however management left a little to be desired. The hardest part of the Job is the customers that demanded more than what we can give. The most enjoyable would be the repairing computers.
Pros
Benefits, Stock options, discounts
Cons
Work-life balance, management
Enjoyable environment with competitive advancement
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2017
It is an enjoyable company to work for, but the salary is not competitive. Job advancement, however, is very competitive.
Pros
great people, wonderfully designed environment, convenient access to various medical personnel
Cons
salary is lower per position, advancement is difficult
Phenomenal culture and innovation
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 31, 2017
As an "At Home Advisor" there aren't many advancement opportunities. If you're wanting to work from home, Apple is definitely the best company to be a part of.
Pros
Excellent benefits package, including employee pricing and stock options
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities as a work from home advisor
Great work environment.
Senior Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Lovely benefits through third parties, generous discounts and mandatory advancement. At-Home Advisors can have trouble with work/life balance as your office is in home. For a young guy like me, my office is my room. All in one, lol. But amazing employer.
Apple is a great Company
Mac Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Have to love this company. It is a test of your intelligence, Technical aptitude and definitely people skills. If your looking for a feel good job that tests your limits this is the place. The people that you work with are great! They will become your second family. Benefits are second to none. And corporate knows exactly what they are doing and always have something in place to transition into whatever it is they are doing.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance is a little off
Productive career
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 3, 2016
Had fun working for Apple, my position was home based and I just do not think working at home is best for me. I love to get out and meet people, however, the training received is very beneficial for other call center and technical careers.
Pros
Flex-time, benefits, Apple discounts
Cons
Sitting down working on a desktop, very stressful, and employees receives D-sats when customer do not like their Apple products.
Looks good on your resume
SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER IOS AND MAC (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2016
If you want to stay in IT , Apple looks amazing on your resume .... the incessant customer calls will drive you insane as they expect you to only be on the phone 7 minutes per call and most issues go well beyond 7 minutes ... Don't expect much help from your manager in the way of suggestions they only push you to senior members of the teams that can meet the goal and tell you to mimic what they are doing .... other than the pay and benefits being pretty good the rest of the job leaves a lot to be desired
Pros
work from home
Cons
no work life balance
Excellent company with great benefits
Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 28, 2017
If you find the right role this is a company you will work for diligently, for the rest of your life. Benefits are A+ and if you find the right role from the start you can usually find a way to move into better roles down the line.
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Difficult to advance from the low level.
positive benefits but no flexibility
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  At homeJanuary 22, 2017
Working at apple was a pleasure to me but the inflexibility caused issues balancing work and personal life. While the benefits provided were above and beyond the possessive culture made me uncomfortable.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
possessive culture and no schedule flexibility
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work. Good work/life balance. Store politics play into promotions as with any job which is unfortunate. Great team with which to work. Thorough training process.
Pros
part-time benefits
Cons
store politics in promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3