Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,533 reviews matching the search
Wonderful company, but limited opportunities for advancement.
Full Time Specialst/Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2016
Working for Apple was one of my best job experiences. The only downside was that once I was determined to be a "rock star" in sales, it was almost impossible for me to move into a different position within the store. I was only able to recieve my technician liscense after having surgery, and not being able to be on the sales floor, which allowed me time to study and pass the test. Even then, I was only allowed behind the genuis bar when they were shorthanded.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Limited oppurtunities for advancement within the company.
Awesome coworkers!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 7, 2016
Apple is an amazing place to work, at first. You get excited because you're working for one of the biggest, most recognizable companies in the world, but it slowly changes. Managers become condescending, it gets tiring to see people working towards promotions while they hire externally, customers are crazy. After awhile it genuinely takes a toll on your mental and physical health. Don't forget, it is retail. Hours are long and inconvenient, and then HR has certain rules about availability and store demand that MUST be met (occasionally they bend them for individuals). Pay is decent but in order to see any type of improvement you have to be around for awhile (I once met a guy, it took him 7 years to become a genius and finally make more than $20/hr). One thing that doesn't change, regardless of the location are your colleagues. Apple has perfected the group of people they hire and you always have this mini family.
Pros
lots of free food, gym reimbursement, paid holidays (full-time), cheap health benefits
Cons
no clear-cut path to promotions, pay could be better
Great Place to Work
At Home Advisor Senior Advisor iOS (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2017
Apple is a great place to work and try to keep things fun. Apple teaches you amazing skills and concepts, and training is always available when needed. Apple taught we how to handle very heated customers. The culture doesn't exclude anyone in the workplace making you fell comfortable. The benefits are some of the best in the world. Apple hasn't been offering as much room to move up in the chain of command and that is one downside as they have been hiring externally.
Good
Technology Lead/Architect (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 22, 2016
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Good Compensation/Benefits
Good Job Security/Advancement
Good Management
Good Job Culture

Overall Good experience at Apple.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
This is a great place to work! The team culture is awesome and great and the benefits are off the chart! The option to work from home and the company advancement are great!
Pros
During the Holidays, the extra days that are given, along with the pay at this time.
Cons
Sometimes the hours are not that great
Productive and fun work environment with opportunities to advance and further education with assistance.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2016
Overall Apple is a good company to work for. The environment is relaxed and fun, there's plenty of parties and events to attend and the benefits are amazing. But there's no specific processes set in place to help you when you're providing service to a customer. Everything changes constantly which makes the job a little unstable sometimes. The management is nice but there's a strong sense of favoritism.
Great work environment.
Senior Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Lovely benefits through third parties, generous discounts and mandatory advancement. At-Home Advisors can have trouble with work/life balance as your office is in home. For a young guy like me, my office is my room. All in one, lol. But amazing employer.
Allows for personal/work growth and development
Product Zone Specialist/Genius Bar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 11, 2017
Each day was filled with new experiences that helped build ones character and ability to adjust to an ever changing environment.
Co-workers are among some of the smartest and most creative people who are always pushing one another to improve day in and day out.
Pros
Always making sure all breaks are taken plus fexible schedules. Also amazing benifits.
Cons
Lack of management to seek amd understand but rare
Great place to find a niche, but big culture shifts.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2016
I've had a great time at Apple, I started as a lowly phone agent in 2007, but in 9 years have increased my salary by 4 times and am doing jobs I never thought in 2007 I'd be doing now. Management is great, (keep in mind there are 10k people in this campus, and I've mainly worked in the operations side of things without a degree) albeit times the culture seems to be shifting from the bottom up worship of the past to a top-down middle manager methodology.
Pros
Crazy amenities, upward mobility, stability, work-life balance
Cons
Occasional demanding schedules, Thousands of people as competition for growth within
Big promises; worked from home
Mac + and iOS Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJanuary 9, 2017
Answered phones for iOS and Mac+ troubleshooting.

I learned in depth how to trouble shoot Mac computers and also iOS devices.

Management was just as new as I was so that made it hard some days when I needed a question answered.

Great atmosphere and lots of incentives to keep working.

Loved the group that I was able to be apart of. Still talk to this group today.
Pros
paid healthcare benefits, incentives and bonuses, great pay, work from home
Cons
Stress of the call center type job

Want to know more about Apple?

Ask a question
It's Apple
Operations Expert (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 10, 2016
Apple will give you skills that will come in handy for future positions; i.e. customer service, time management, and organization. That being said it is retail and there isn't much room to grow.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Limited opportunities to advance career
Great Benefits, Poor Management
Genius Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2016
I loved working for this company when I first started, and felt that I have so many opportunities to learn something new. The novelty of the company wore off, the management team is incapable of keeping a sufficient work flow. The company is becoming increasingly more corporate and does not hold the same values. The benefits are what keep me there, I feel every position, aside from mangement, are under paid.
Benefits
Fun place to work
Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work and awesome compensation for the age I was when I started. However advancement was long process and included minuscule pay increases. Management was awesome and friendly as well as most of the team I worked with.
work-life-balance as a part-time position
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 18, 2017
What can i say....Great place to work, part time position. great benefits, schedule to work 4-5 days and you know when you working for 3 week in advance. Very hard to getting a position, not easy. great co-workers. hard to get off on weekend. fun, work as big family. good for college student to grow and learn so much, great training.
Pros
benefits are great, 3 week schedule set, fun, no presser
Cons
not many hours sometime or no commission or no bonus except for management
Everything was amazing
Back of House Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work, management really cares about their employees and do what they can to make sure needs are met.

Great health benefits and room for advancement
Pros
guaranteed hours, healthcare, great workplace
Cons
nothing really negative
Fun place to work
Expert (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 17, 2016
It's a fun place to work. Very progressive and inclusive culture. Top notch benefits. Have met some great people. Processes are always changing. Would like to see more stability on schedule.
Pros
Benefits. Progressive and inclusive. Meet some great people
Cons
Advancement. Retail hours/alternating schedule.
Lots of Great Benefits - Best Call Center to work in
CPU T2 Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2016
Best call center helpdesk to work in hands down - training is extensive, couching and follow-up is constant, only hurdle is politics with management that will affect promotions and new positions.
Pros
On-site cafe, gym, doctors, etc. benefits are very good
Cons
Politics is very much a thing in Management despite laid back CA culture
positive benefits but no flexibility
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  At homeJanuary 22, 2017
Working at apple was a pleasure to me but the inflexibility caused issues balancing work and personal life. While the benefits provided were above and beyond the possessive culture made me uncomfortable.
Pros
benefits and training
Cons
possessive culture and no schedule flexibility
Best company you'll ever work for!
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 17, 2016
I loved my time at Apple. I loved the people I worked with and the culture around it. No matter where you are in the company, you feel like you are part of the company. Something that is unusual for most companies when discussing how each part operates between retail, corporate, etc.
Pros
A lot of great benefits, pay is better than most, and very understanding environment.
Cons
Company will take political stances you may or may not agree with.
Excellent company with great benefits
Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 28, 2017
If you find the right role this is a company you will work for diligently, for the rest of your life. Benefits are A+ and if you find the right role from the start you can usually find a way to move into better roles down the line.
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Difficult to advance from the low level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3