Apple Employee Reviews

stressful job and ever unhappy management
Tech Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2017
My job involved working with offshore and also leading the team. The team had only contractors that didn't know basic difference between Map and List. They came to me with problems involving performance and many others. Dev work needs a lot of intellectual power but my manger hired sub par contractors from Wipro and Infosys. They needed lots and lots of guidance throughout their task. This left me stressful and manager never was supportive. He always said that was my job. I eventually left and am very happy about my decision.
Great WW Vision, Challenging Regional Churn
Global Supply Chain Manager/Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
The people are brilliant, and the culture is very relationship focused. Longterm employee development is completely absent. Leadership is as it is at other companies. Some leaders are incredible and inspiring. Others it's not clear how they were selected. Leadership supports leadership. Individual contributors are isolated. Pay is slightly behind competitive. The paid time off is not competitive at all.
Pros
Gym onsite, Wellness Center onsite, Great People
Cons
No plan for advancement.
Apple Is A Pretty Cool Place
iOS & Mac Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 12, 2017
If you like to work in a cubicle on the phones all day, this job is for you. I didnt mind it. Managers dont hover over your shoulder constantly. You can pretty much chill at apple (not slack) and it makes the job a heck of a lot eaasier to do. Just work hard and enjoy yourself.
Pros
incredibly chill, its a fun environment
Cons
Mentors are jerks, pay is low
Being apart of the big picture.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 12, 2017
Let me start with saying that I don't believe that I am not a proper judge of character in this matter. The job itself overall was a bad fit for my personality type. I find that I like to be more active in movement. As well as, face to face interactions. However, Apple as a company was awesome to work for. I did learn a lot and felt it allowed me to grow professionally.
Pros
Free lunch, Many different shifts to choose from, and discounts on Apple products.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, low pay, unrealistic stats
It's nice, but there are some issues.
iOS/Mac Technical support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 12, 2017
What originally seemed like a positive upbeat culture that was entirely customer focused soon turned into something else. We began getting pushed to focus more on how fast we could go through cases instead of taking our time to make sure a customer is 100% satisfied. The metrics you are graded by are arbitrary, and seemingly had no bearing on advancement at all. For example if you have a 100% customer satisfaction rating, but say your average call handle time isn't exactly what they want, then they kind of shrug off advancement talk and reiterate a focus on your metrics.

It got old doing the same thing for four years, being VERY good at it and never getting any opportunities that I felt like I had at least earned a chance to prove myself for.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, silly metrics that they grade you by
The Vision Behind Apple
Campus Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Apple has taught me many key strategies that I use in my personal life in order to effectively communicate and teach technology to people. It has also been an amazing journey throughout the years of working there. It has built my patience tolerance level.
Great company, easy work
APPLECARE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  At homeDecember 11, 2017
Work is a little mindless and hours are strict but they are always asking you to sign up for more hours. There isn't a whole lot of room for special family circumstances.
Great Company With Poor Management
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 10, 2017
Apple is a tricky company to review. They offer extremely generous benefits and compensation packages, however, their management style is lacking. I experienced multiple managers at Apple that were poorly trained, and poorly educated in the technical area I worked in. My team was tasked with fairly intricate technical operations.. There were multiple occasions where the "new" guy on the team knew more than the tenured manager. Sad. Ultimately left the company due to this frustrating trend. Promotions went to the employees that "looked" the part. Not the ones that knew the part. Tattoos and piercings? You're good enough to be CEO here. Dress professionally and know the industry? They'll refer you to Microsoft. You aren't welcome at Apple.
Pros
Benefits, Meaningful work, co-workers, work environment.
Cons
policies are too strict, managers would be better suited cleaning the building rather than running it.
flexibility
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 10, 2017
Apple has been a great company to grow with. I have been able to transfer and experience working in different states. They provide amazing benefits which are hard to obtain from many companies. Each store creates a family environment to work in.
Cons
merit increase are too low.
Fun Productive
Tier 1 Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 9, 2017
a fast passed environment Tier 1 Tech support was my position , a friendly environment however, very loud and hard to focus at times one of my favorite jobs
Apple
Worldwide Accessibility Senior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2017
You start out great, move departments and it takes a turn. Company is not what it used to be. They truly dont care as much for there employees like they used to. Benefits are decent.
Best job I've had
Creative (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 8, 2017
Loved working at this place so much! Wish I never left. Exciting and full of opportunity. Always learned something while there. Met some great people and enjoyed my time there immensely.
Pros
Almost everything.
Cons
Some customers could be difficult.
Great retail expierence but its retail!
Full time Specialist (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYDecember 8, 2017
Loved the people loved the job just wanted more and needs better pay. Had a great time there but i didnt want to be in retail anymore. Managers were great this was also during the time of Steve Jobs.
great culture and friendly staff and easing going environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 8, 2017
fun and great place to work in with lots of friendly people. great pay and stress free environment. You have the ability to be completely yourself and shape your own success. you are given the appropriate tools to succeed and you can use and successfully achieve your goals in you're own personalized way.
Fast paced - innovative environment & work with highly skilled professionals
Sr. Manager, Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 7, 2017
When asked, "How is it working at Apple?", I usually respond, "Intense". It's a fast paced & innovative environment, and you work with creative and highly skilled colleagues. There are no slackers at Apple - one would not last. You must be willing to be innovative and independent because as a new employee there are no organization charts, nor written processes. They feel that would stiffen creativity and Apple wants to see how you handle your job function and what you come up with. It's an exciting place to work, but not for everyone. You have to be willing to think out of the box and respond/react quickly and timely. The downside is many can burn out as the pace often cannot be sustained indefinitely.
Pros
Bonuses, RSUs, Benefits: Wellness Center, Gyms, Cafeterias, Events, Work with highly motivated people
Cons
Fatigue, Long Days, Overwork, Work-Life Balance
Great company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 7, 2017
Never a dull moment. The best part of the job and the most challenging are the same. You will have to navigate your job with minimal information and the change direction at the drop of a hat.
fast pace
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 7, 2017
fast pace, hard to please, no matter what you do it's never enough, moving up in the company is not a difficult task if you are a quick learner. No good benefits.
very clean, educated and nice place
Clean room Technician/ Operator Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 7, 2017
Co worker very friendly and we have team work,sometime we have time, to get together, evethough we were busy, i had al lot fun working there, i wish i can go back there.
Pros
every 2 weeks we have free lunch
Cons
shorts & fun break
Great Place
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 7, 2017
Meeting new people, learning new things, interacting with technology were a few of the things I enjoy while working for this company. If only they paid more.
apple
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILDecember 7, 2017
Apple is a great place to work even if you know nothing about computers, Apple's training was first class.
Staying with Apple and growing with the company is always there
Pros
working with some great people
Cons
can be stressful on the holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2