Apple

2K reviews

Apple Employee Reviews

Found 1,753 reviews matching the search
good people but too much kool aid drinking
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
the only way to move up is if you basically tell them that you're canceling everything out of your life and committing to just Apple.
Job briefieng
Tier 2 tech support (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Fixing technical issues for Apple customers making them smile and ensuring that we at Apple had their backs and that we do back our products.
Pros
love fixing customers days
Cons
no health benifits
Awesome place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
You won't find a better place to work! Incredible benefits, incredible culture! So different from anywhere you've ever worked - and it's not for everybody... but such an enriching experience if you find that it's a place where you fit.
Pros
Outstanding benefits, great people, great culture
Cons
Can be hectic, long work days, a lot of ambiguity in what you do, you have to be VERY humble!
work work work work
Test Automation Architect (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 24, 2016
work work work work
learn a lot . good co-workers.
too much micro managing by the management.
enjoyable part are the friends who are very nice and cheerfull.
too political and weak managers
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cupertino CAJanuary 23, 2016
tough culture with little opportunities. Tend to promote people who are good at a single thing. No support from HR in fact, you should avid HR if possible
Pros
amazing products
Cons
very weak management and very bad HR department
Retail Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 23, 2016
Apple is a phenomenal company to work for. They take great care of their employees and offer great compensation. They provide all necessary training to do the job successfully. Their health benefits are fantastic and they also offer commuter benefits. For the most part, the management is made up of a great team wanting to make sure people who want to succeed and move up have the chance. There are different areas where people can work in, both tech support and sales, but at the end it is all about the customer experience.
Pros
Great compensation, upward movement.
Whoooooooo
Cool New Products
Great Employees
Mostly Great Customers
Really Good Training
Great company to be a part of depending on which department you work for.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
Overall, working for Apple finally enabled me to use all of my skills for a company that I believed in and supported as customer. The position was remote and afforded me the ability to work from the comforts of my own home. The technology was superior to other remote positions I've held in that you were able to still feel very much connected where working remotely 100% can lean towards a sense of isolation.

The hugest down side for me was the inability to achieve any hope of work life balance working on the graveyard shift. Certain mandatory meetings are held during hours when someone who is on an opposite schedule should be sleeping. Moreover, with the lack of sleep being a huge factor in performance, hard to keep up with volatile changes in team dynamics while being expected to perform with consistency.

I would recommend that anyone work for Apple, and despite my personal experience, I still feel they are a great company to work for. I recommend that anyone with small children or a family life never work for the graveyard team. It will chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Awesome environment, people, compensation, benefits
Cons
work-life balance, stability
Fun place to work !!
Setup Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2016
In a typical day at apple i help customers set up and get familiar with there new devices. I teach them how to use there devices and get the most out of them.
Pros
Fun work environment
Fair
Genius (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Culture is great, compensation is sub par however. Advancement is really how far you are willing to go. Overall not a bad place if you want to make a career in retail.
Challenging place that pushes you to become a better individual
iOS and Mobile Device Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to discover your true talents. Great room for growth.
Events are fun and its very easy to develop a sense of family with co-workers
Great company
Corporate Executive Relations (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Apple is a great company to work at. The diverse nature of the work and the support system they offer customers is number 1 in the industry and they strive to maintain that with each and every interaction.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low pay for the work expected.
Highly political place with no job security
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 18, 2016
- Toughest part of the role is to navigate through various teams/processes to get smallest thing done
- Lack of open communication and centralized document location
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
No work life balance
Excellent culture team spirit
Architect - Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My time at Apple was great. The company fosters learning, teamwork, and has excellent internal communications, rare in today's company's. You are consistently challenged, deadlines are met, and self-inspired learning are the tough parts. The good parts are the company values talent, is innovative, offers a fair salary and benefits, and has areas to grow your career.
Pros
Good Benefits, Stable Company, Values Talent
Great People Limited Advancement
Mac Genius Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 18, 2016
Apple has a great company culture and provides lots of opportunities to learn but the retail environment can be incredibly stressful and the schedule really strains your work/life balance. As the company has grown so have the politics and bureaucracy, which makes it hard to get promoted and establish a clear path for growth above the lower level roles.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, discounts and benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment, inconsistent schedule
great place
Sr. Technician Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to work at. The people are great and the culture is very laid back. fast growth and development. A chance to be you.
Fun Work & Encouraging Work Environment
Family Room Specialist (technician) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed my time at Apple thus far and continue to look forward to the many more things I will learn and all the laughter I will share with my coworkers.

This is a work environment that will lift you up and encourage you when you are doing great and not so well. These employees come around you for support and assistance in any and every way because they want to see you succeed.

You work hard here at Apple while helping and assisting customers from sales to repairing devices. Customers are mostly appreciative of your assistance because it an an opportunity to talk with them and engage with them on a more personal level. It is at this level that one is able to offer the best solutions for the customer because it is no longer an interaction but a relationship that has been established.

Apple is great.
fun for volunteer
Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Volunteering at Northeast Methodist Hospital through a high school program called Clinical Rotation, it taught me a lot and brought to my attention this is what I wanted to do as a career. I was able to take people’s blood, help with PT sessions, monitor heart rates, and discover the different facilities the hospital had to offer, as well as communicating with patients and helping them with their most urgent needs.
Pros
hours volunteer
Cons
free
Fantastic company and amazing co-workers
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Working for Apple was the best working experience I could have asked for. Our morning shift was always well prepared for the day, and subsequent shifts were very informed as to the goals and tasks for each day. I learned how to connect with people while also learning about how they use our products and what their needs and desires from our products were. Management was always attentive and helpful to whatever your needs were. Your co-workers are some of the hardest working people you'll meet. The hardest part of the job was getting the hard-nosed customers who did not want to abide by the process with which we did things. The best part of the job was seeing people excited over their new piece of technology and getting to learn it and have it become part of their lives.
Pros
great work environment, friendly staff, great products
Cons
sometimes long hours, unfriendly customers
Great Place to Develop Your Skills
Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Apple was a terrific place to work, though upper management had very little concern for work-life balance (thus burnout was frequent). Benefits were above average, people were outstanding to work with. Surprisingly, Apple has never really embraced the concept of working remotely (at least not for non-engineering types), preferring its employees to be on location (even during holiday work periods). Compensation-wise, Apple was about average (actually lower than Dell), but their reputation is such that people WANT to work there.
Pros
Good benefits, great people and smart management
Cons
Little work-life balance and average compensation

4.2