Apple
1,409 reviews

Apple Employer Reviews

Advisor
At Home Advisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2015
• Multitasked across systems and applications, analyzed and resolved a variety of complex technical issues
• Prioritized and managed time, because we work independently from home, displaying discipline and ability to work remotely with coworkers and management
• Provided technical assistance to iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac users

• Responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems
• Responsible for not only assisting both Tier I and Tier II personnel, but researched and developed solutions to new or unknown issues.
• Responsible for designing and developing one or more courses of action, evaluated each of the courses in a test case environment, and implemented the best solution to the problem
A culture that thrives on change despite ambiguity
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, scheduling, people, culture
I have learned a diverse set of competencies working at Apple in the past two and a half years. Since technology is always changing I am constantly dealing with ambiguity both customer facing and internally. What I've learned is how to reconstruct and improve my approach to customers and peers.
It is exciting to be able to watch people discover products through conversation and hands on knowledge. But it can be difficult to deal with the issues that arise when technology does not work. At Apple compassion is not just a thought, it is a practice. And, while some days are more difficult than others, I am always attempting to provide a better customer experience through meaningful interactions.
Apple is a place that allows you to realize what you are capable of and encourages your ideas and opinions. Through feedback and open communication with peers it is much easier to have a fun and developmental work space. I have fun every day because the people are what keep my work interesting.
easy going.
Global Datacenter Operation Support Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: individually mastered team members.
Cons: some time hard to communicate among other distant team members
Very challenging task can be in your plate any times and you have to come up with solution with in dead line. Lots project keeps you busy and constant change in work environment make worth while to go to work.
Excellent peers, excellent benefits, difficult schedule
Service Specialist (Current Employee), New EnglandFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers
Cons: schedule, management, pay
Most Apple Retail employees will agree that the best part of the job is the excellent people that they work with on a daily basis. But as it turns out, the management is not nearly as competent. If Apple retail promoted from within, not only would management be substantially improved, but employee retention would be greatly increased.

The inexpensive health benefits that Apple offers, as well as generous 401(k) matching and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, make it stand out among other retail employers.

Apple's insistence on employees having an open schedule makes it difficult, as there is no consistency in schedule which makes having a social life difficult.
Pros and cons to working here
AppleCare at Home Advisor (Former Employee), Ellington, CTFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, strong culture
Cons: shift bids, rotating schedules, mandatory overtime
Great company to work for. Job security is there if you can handle how they handle scheduling, the mandatory 8-10 hours of overtime during product release times, the extremely high levels of stress, and changing your team leader every few months (I had 11 TMs in just under 3 years). If you're looking for a static schedule of Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, keep looking. The schedules are bid on every six months, meaning your schedule WILL change every six months, and you may at some point be asked to move to a graveyard schedule time.
Depends on what you're looking for
unknown (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2015
I think it depends on your goals, values and intelligence to determine whether or not you'd like working here. Theres a lot of compromise when it comes to their ethical standards, they talk big, but the general culture there is like their products…really expensive and don't actually add much value to the world. They pay well if you're in it for the money, but also load on the work and really take advantage of the employees if they're able to.
Great
Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Great place to work. Amazing atmosphere. Great people and company to work for. Proud to work here. Learn knew skills everyday.
Great company to work for
Advisor Mac OS Team - Corporate (Current Employee), ArizonaFebruary 12, 2015
Apple is a dynamic company with much room for advancement and growth. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities to think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions.
Fun place to work
Specialist (Current Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: health incentives and contests.
Cons: not much room for advancement to leadership.
Apple hires very smart and outgoing people so its always a pleasure to meet others that work for the company. Great place for team building.Sometimes long hours during launches and meeting. Dealing with customers can be extremely tiring. You leave work mentally and physically exhausted but its rewarding to help others.
Fun place to work
Specialist (Current Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: health incentives and contests.
Cons: not much room for advancement to leadership.
This is an Amazing Place
specialist (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Apple, is an amazing place to work. It is filled with fun, loving people who honestly care about the customer and getting them the right product for their needs. Management cares about your health and well being.
Excellent work atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: get to be yourself while giving customers exceptional service
Cons: better compensation, opportunity for advancement was lacking at the time
Great company to work for. I would highly recommend working here to family or friends. amazing products demonstrated by enthusiastic and passionate employees.
Technical Lead in Java/J2EE
System Analyst II/Technical Lead (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good support from staff
Cons: nothing serious
1) Good Company to work with.

2) Provides good guidance to staff

3) Easily accessible higher management for communication.
Fantastic people to work with
Specialist (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COFebruary 9, 2015
Working at Apple, you're surrounded by people who enjoy being themselves and have no problem showing it. The company has contunied to set the bar for customer experience and innovative ideas.
No advancement opportunity
Family room specialist (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: tech discounts
Cons: phony butt kissing necessary for advancement
Unless you desire to grovel of kiss mgrs butt you may not end up doing what you do best. Had poorly qualified lead genius (got job cause no one else wanted it) who I treated in professional manner but would not kiss up or pretend he was competent or fair in his dealings with people so remained at lower level jobs when I had proven proficiency as an educator (23 years teaching experience ) and instead ran around trying to help customers with broken phones and iPads in 10 minute appt limits. Unhealthy stress levels as we booked more Genius Bar appts than we could truly attend to and 3-4 "managers" stood around looking like they were in charge wondering why your not running from person to person or if you took break at correct time. Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain BS Very hard to find a real person who would actually call out inequalities or point out the emperor w no clothes, should be honored to work for apple (or clapple as mngrs insisted on clapping butts off for reaching meaningless goal - so fake and if you don't love it or are not a robot you apparently need more kool aid). Loved the customers and helping them with ANY problem they may have (even if there wasn't an apple solution for it or it took longer than a 10 min appt).

Good entry level short term job to learn people and tech skills-don't stick around 5years hoping to be advanced to creative roll
Not the everyday job you would like to have
clamshell tech (Former Employee), elk grove, caFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: since it's through an temp agency -- no benefits of any kind that is worthwhile to have, no advancement, very low pay
since it's a warehouse environment it is: monotonous, unchallenging, building manager seems to want everything finished by yesterday. what i have learned: worked with new software pertaining to mac osx such as filemaker pro, some in-depth working of excel, and an understanding of mac osx.

the most enjoyable part of the job are my friends and co-workers. the professional relationship that is built and camaraderie is priceless.
Supportive growing environment for learning.
Specialist (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIFebruary 6, 2015
Constantly learning and being supported, working with customers to find perfect solution, management is always there for support, and coworkers are essential tools to do my job.
Great colleagues, great customers, terrible policies.
Creative (Current Employee), San DiegoFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the best people you'll ever work with.
Cons: restrictive availability requirements, terrible "uniform"
A typical day for a Creative entails delivering One to One sessions to customers who pay for the membership. Most of the customers I help are very nice and sincerely appreciate the time, attention and patience I bring to the session. The reactions of the customers are the best part of the job - the delight that they express is the most rewarding aspect. However, a small handful are mean, demanding, and/or psychotic. They can ruin your day/week.

In this role I learned new things every day; too many technical details to list. Mostly I learned that customer service done well is an art form and is highly valued by Apple and their customers. However, the hardest part of the job, in contrast, is that Apple does not seem to value a truly balanced work/life approach. Apple gives a lot of lip-service to their Credo and the role that their People play in that Credo, but it doesn't really play out that way.

In our store the management has enacted draconian availability requirements. For full time employees you are basically on call with no two days off in a row. Part timers usually work 30+ hours or more 5 days a week. It makes me very sad to see good friends that I have worked with for many years leave the company because of burnout and not enough rest time and vacations. Apple is losing some tremendous people due to this terrible set of policies.
Amazing place to work
Electronic Test Technician (Former Employee), Elk GroveFebruary 5, 2015
I have gained many new skills since working at Apple Inc. and met so many friendly people from all over the world. Great staff, I have no complaints, I would recommend anyone who wants to work at a great place to apply at Apple Inc.
It's Apple, it's on the cutting edge.
Linguistic Analyst (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great food, cutting edge technology
Cons: contract job, so it ended.
Working at Apple as a contractor was fun, I learned a lot. Most of which I cannot talk about. I met a lot of great people from many different backgrounds. I feel very cultured.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more