1,351 reviews

Apple Employer Reviews

Outstanding experience with customers, co workers and technology.
Specialist (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Working at Apple is more than just a job. Its a learning experience that I'm grateful to be a part.
Lax culture with some issues
SPECIALIST PART-TIME (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: advancement, poor management.
Very open and lax job culture. However very hard to maintain a proper work life balance, as well as move up in the company. Advancement is more so a popularity contest, and raises are minimal at best.
Convenient Place, Lonely at Times
iOS Senior Advisor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, fun people.
Cons: low work-life balance, no social aspect when working from home. monotony.
Keeping it short, this is a great company to work for, but it will take precedence over many things in your life. If you like people and socializing, this is not the place for you (at least the at-home positions).
lot of diversity
Computer Tech (Former Employee), Elk Grove CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: you get the opportunity to learn new technologies
Cons: no chance for advancement
A high rate of turn overs with contracts lasting one year, the over time was the hardest just because it was the swing shift.Over all a decent place to work
<3 
Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Passionately engages customers by showcasing how products can enrich their lives.
Builds relationships and establishes bonds with every interaction by providing multiple solutions.
Strives to inspire colleagues/peers to create, learn, share and question; encourages open dialogue.
Consistently seeks opportunities to assist every department in the Apple store in an effort to better ones knowledge base and personal development.
Involved with multiple aspects of the business including, but not limited to, Sales, Workshops and Visual merchandising.
Red Zone Sales Specialist (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great reputation and great products
Cons: scheduling and pay
I worked as a Red Zone Specialist where we sold Apple products to walk in customers. I also helped customers who had technical issues with their device.
Apple: An Exciting and Rewarding Place to Work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: a dynamic, exciting workplace with great team-oriented cooperation/development
Cons: challenging retail-oriented schedule
Apple provides a very exciting, fast-paced work environment with an excellent team-oriented dynamic that is focused on personal/professional growth. While this is an extremely demanding job on all fronts, Management is very supportive and understanding.

A typical work day is generally very intense, with a non-stop sense of busyness to accommodate the high level of traffic that salespeople are expected to interact with. I particularly enjoy this, as the entire sales process is very engaging and customer-needs-focused.

While unlike any type of retail store, the job does require employees to be extremely flexible and adapt to changing store needs and scheduling.

I have learned a great amount in the three years I have been with Apple - especially in regard to successful sales interactions, of which I am one of the top-performing salespeople in my class in terms of sales report standings. Developing a comprehensive solution to meet the needs of our customers is an exceptionally satisfying and fulfilling part of the job.
Fun and Challenging
Specialist/Repair (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: tech lovers paradise
Cons: retail hours
Apple is a great company to work for. The culture created at the store level is one that is supportive and challenging. The management understands the demands placed on the workers so there is always someone in your corner.
Business Specialist (Current Employee), South Coast PlazaJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day would be just apple customers get the best customer experience you could provide. The management really prided our store on customer service and listening to what the customers wanted. I would say the Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my customer happy with their purchase.
Inspirational Place to work, but functionally flawed
BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no vertical growth
I can say enough about how much inspiration is around Apple. Everything we do is for the customer and that I can appreciate. However Apple is better for coming on the end of your career when you have 10 to 15 years of work experience. But if you have matured within the company than you might feel left out when it comes to vertical growth opportunities. It is easier to move up in the company coming externally then it is internally.
Fun workplace
Serving as Lead DBA (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Productive and Fun workplace
Good management
Good work life balance
Multiple opportunities
Good workplace
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TexasJanuary 9, 2015
My co-workers make a fun working environment. days are very fulfilling and exciting. management is great. hardest part is stayin awake sometimes as it is a night shift
A fun, exciting, and forever changing work environment!
PRODUCT / BOH SPECIALIST / VISUAL MERCH/ MENTOR (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: face-paced, room to grow, best products on earth, amazing culture
Cons: compensation and benefits
I loved working with Apple! Every day was something different in the retail store -- that made it fun and never routine! I learned tons of information about Apple and how they choose to operate -- from launch tactics, to BOH strategies, to visual merchandising, and customer relations. Apple is the best of the best and it was an honor to give them 4 years of my services. The most enjoyable part of the retail store is the Product Launches!!!
Great people, great work.
3D Artist (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: cafeterias are great.
Cons: too many cooks in the kitchen.
A typical day for me was waiting for the storm to hit. Creative direction changed many times a day for many days at a time, and the 3D rendering artists at the end of the chain would get the go ahead to start work with very little time to create high quality 3D renders. The payoff is seeing your hard work everywhere. Management is top-notch, and everyone puts in the long hours needed to create the content to Apple standards. The creative talent there is the best in the business, and everyone I worked with was really enjoyable to be around. You can't ask for more in your co-workers. My favorite part of contracting there was learning from the super talented artists that surrounded me.
Endless Learning Opportunities and Development for the Ambitious
Trainer (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2015
Very busy. Must possess patience, positive attitude and the ability to empathize with customers. There are endless growth opportunities for employees who are ambitious and don't get discouraged easily.
Fast Paced
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: employee recognition and contest.
I worked with their summer program for 2 months. Training is intense but you leave feeling equipped to do the job. But with any over the phone customer support job they can't prepare you for everything. Calls vary day to day, minute to minute. Very rewarding job.
Developed and implemented regional strategies by each channel for Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador
Account Executive (Current Employee), CALIJanuary 6, 2015
Implementation of The vision Care institute project as a core strategy to increase Professionals
knowledge that lead us to increase Sell-out in North cone countries over 20% during 2009- 2010.
• Sales Growth in Colombia 2009 Vs 2008 18%, being the 3rd fastest growing country in the world
• Sales Growth in Venezuela 2009 Vs 2008 52%, being the fastest growing country in the world
• Increased participation of focus products from 2% to 10% on key accounts through the deployment of
the Campaign "Give your glasses a day off" in Malls and Retailers.
• New products Mix over 50% in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru
• New products Mix in Venezuela from 18% to 30% at the end of 2009
• Encore award, for the participation in TVCI project, first institute in Latin America
Great pay
At Home Chat Advisor (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Work was easy, pay was great. Job security is not the best. Enjoyed the work from home position. Apple sends you the equipment needed to do the job
Politcal Savvy a Must
Business Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: politics make it a bad place to work.
You must have political savvy if you want to move up in the organization, you are not judged or evaluated by results you are ranked on how well you conform to the companies hierarchy and culture.

You can excel in your goal attainment but the leadership doesn't like you socially, you career path is limited.

They offer great benefits and work life balance, and people are friendly.

Best part of the Job was introducing customers to new technology.

Learned that business is political and nice guys truly do finish last at let at Apple. If this is how business is done then I'll remain on a path that allows me to treat people with dignity and respect and let's me sleep at night.
Fast-paced and rewarding experience with life lessons
Mobile Technician (Current Employee), Rockaway, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great people, outstanding company, excellent benefits.
Cons: pay could be higher, especially given the amount of yelling and screaming and abuse that customers throw at us.
There's no such thing as a typical day at this job. Everything in constantly in flux, what with new products announced fairly regularly, to customers walking through our door with their own unique set of issues to be resolved. The people who work here are the absolute best at what they do. They are all passionate and motivated, and their only goal is to provide an excellent customer experience and show the customers what they can do with our technology in their lives.

Management is engaged with employees for the most part, there are times where an associate needs a manager and there are none to be found. Management is committed to employee development, and is interested in learning about us even when we are not at the office.

One of the tougher parts of the job is just keeping pace with the amount of people walking through our doors on a daily basis. We are expected to be able to help every customer in a timely manner, regardless of circumstances. The reason this is challenging is due to the fact that we oftentimes do not have the manpower to handle the amount of traffic we see come in.

The most enjoyable part of this job is by far the people you work with. These are some of the most passionate and dedicated individuals a person will ever work with. Couple that with the fact that they are all extremely nice, talented people and you've got yourself a winning team.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more