Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,715 reviews matching the search
Great Company with exceptions
Mac Genius (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 11, 2017
Great Company to work with the exception of a terrible HR department Company Wide, they do not listen if you have a problem and they do not seem to be interested in solving problems within the company.
Also over the last 10 years they are less and less accountable for the sub par customer service they are offering.
Pros
Great Pay and Job Security
Cons
If you have a problem it will go unheard and unresolved
I'm an oldhead though...
MAC SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
I worked at Apple retail in the halcyon days before the iPhone when the culture was very different. It's more production and metrics driven now, but back then it was pretty easygoing and all about the product and excellent customer service.
overly crowded break rooms
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 11, 2017
the pay is not good. they lay off people, even if they know some employees are students and change their schedules and sometimes the computer doesn't register them but they been approved manually so they automatically get a tardy everytime they come later than usual. I was one of those students. Sometime when work is really slow and there are no phones for 6 hours, they would have you sit in your chair for those long hours and not talking to anyone, not even the person next to you. It kind of felt like jail to be honest.
Pros
easy work
Cons
they want you to sit down and dont take to anyone
Excellent Place to begin your Career
Creative FR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNApril 11, 2017
In all my years of employment this is by far the most rewarding and fulfilling place to work. The workplace culture is like no other. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and even though this is the busiest place I have ever worked at, you feel great at the end of the day knowing you have enriched people's lives in so many ways. I have worked here part time for over 5 years even though I have had several full-time jobs in the same time frame. Working here is THAT awesome!
Nice place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2017
You learn a lot of skills that are transferrable to other fields. Great coworkers. Very good to have Apple on your resume when applying for jobs in the future- a very respected company.
Fun place but a job not a career
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 10, 2017
I enjoy the customer and my coworkers and some of the management but the potential for growth and advancement is limited due to retail culture. Not a career focused environment were people would plan to stay and grow for years to come unless you completely conform and hope the right people like you but its still only going to be a $45 to $50K level job even if you worked overtime and met all expectations. Management is very much in place to keep people inline and pump the workers up they have to real power to pay people what they are really worth.
benefits
Cons
inconsistent schedules
You learn a lot
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAApril 10, 2017
As a specialist, it was your responsibility to be aware of how to adequately operate devices and programs. You learn a lot and there is definite opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work with great co-workers
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2017
The Apple Store is an amazing place to work, with better benefits than I've ever heard of. 401K, Life Insurance, Stock Purchase Program, insane discounts on products (not just Apple), and amazing insurance.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, pay is very competitive, and work is enjoyable
Cons
Angry customers. Lots of them.
Fantastic Place to work
[Sales] Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 10, 2017
They care about there employees more than any place I've ever worked. They show it not only through benefits packages but through a genuine desire to make every day better for employees.
Pros
More than I can list
Cons
Strong demand than most for Part-time hours
A high pace agile environment
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 9, 2017
Learned working hard with hardworking people here at Apple. A fast pace agile environment always kept anyone on toes.
Best new technologies being used and exposed for one's career development. Best place for learning tech.
Pros
Apples
Cons
Short breaks, too much of work load.

Want to know more about Apple?

Ask a question
Excellent place to work for that cares for employees.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2017
Every manager I had was excellent and the company truly tries to hire the right people. Apple takes care of their employees down to the retail level very well. Loved worked for them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Not competitive
MH3 (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2017
Doesn't matter how hard you work or how fast you are. you will be treated as another employee. so no competition. be on time, don't take personal devices to workplace or on the second time of bringing in personal devices (smartphone, headphones, etc...) you are done.
The Ultimate Environment
Gilbert, Az Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 7, 2017
Apple has been a pivotal experience in my work history. It's not any ordinary work environment. It's a culture and a family.

What I loved most about working with Apple was that there was a naturally high expectation of excellence. What complimented this the most was the extremely collaborative atmosphere.

Not a day went by where you couldn't ask for help, solve a tricky situation, and express your creativity in order to provide the best possible customer experience.

The corporation has an amazing structure of character development through the means of constructive feedback. Allowing you to always leave your shift a better and more knowledgeable person.

Working with Apple has truly been a highlight!
Pros
character development
Strict, stressful, disconnected
Mac+ AHA Chat Advisor (Current Employee) –  AHAApril 6, 2017
When joining the Apple team you are no longer a person, you become a number.

There is no set schedules, Schedules are changed every quarter for no reason. You bid on shifts you want and hope that someone else doesn't get it over you.

You will be moved around, a lot. On average an employee who has worked for apple for 1 year will have had 3 or 4 different managers.

No home life anymore. You can expect to never get off on time.

Management is so overworked that they don't have time to deal with any issues that may be going on with you.

Upper management doesn't listen. They implement insane policies, tell us that they want our feedback, and then ignore or chastise anyone that disagrees with them.

They have no problem insulting employees.

More concerned about fluff than results. Meaning you will be praised if you let the customer know that you are going to try to fix their issue and don't fix it, but, if you do fix the issue without telling the customer that you planned on fixing their issue you will be chastised.
Pros
Good discount once every 3 years
Cons
Management, Upper Management, Expectations unreasonable.
Good Pay and Good Perks
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  at homeApril 6, 2017
Tough Job as helping very technical issue for international customers who all have different service options.
Also keeping the customers account secure can lead to trouble when customer is locked out.
Pros
high pay good benefits
Cons
shift rotation only every 3 months
I Love This Place
At-Home AppleCare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seeattle, WAApril 5, 2017
Apple has the best company in theworld to work for. The interview process was fun and interesting and the training was fun as well. They have plenty benefits for their employees. Very low stress and very fun!
Its okay at times
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2017
I've been working there for the past 8 months. The environment is friendly but at times it can be very frustrating to the point were you dont want to work anymore. They are constantly changing the way that we are suppose to work and then we get in trouble for it.
Great place to grow as an employee
Team Manager Apprentice (Former Employee) –  at homeApril 4, 2017
It's all about a can do attitude. When going through training they really push a "you're part of something bigger than yourself" vision. Once you drink the "apple juice" as we call it, you're hooked. It's easy to loose your work/life balance when you're working from home, when you're in a store or on-campus it's a little bit easier to leave work at work.
Pros
Great, 401k matching options and stock options
Cons
Unless you're in corporate, you have to work weekends, no matter what.
Wonderful team environment.
Lead Genius (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
Offers opportunity for growth and development. Fosters learning. Wonderful team environment of like-minded individuals. Encourages movement and provides advancement.
My favorite job
Sales Specialist - Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2017
Apple was by far the most fun I had ever had at a job. Yes, it is a trail store but the people and leadership team made it so much worth while to work there. The culture there is more like a family and that family really cares about you. Leadership and teammates consistently go out of shier way to help you personally or professionally.
One of the bet benefits packages I have ever seen. The company will keep food and drinks coming in on big days or just because.
Pros
Best Benefits, Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay, Hardly any Downtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3