Apple
1,445 reviews

Apple Employer Reviews

good place to work
Project/Events Coordinator, PMO (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Great opportunity to work with different Project managers and cross functional teams with in finance and operational excellence. fun environment with great people.
Family
Family Room Specialist (Current Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: fun, education, high energy
A typical day at work would be to clock in have our meeting before the shift starts, afterwards, go to the floor and start assisting customers, swapping customers phones, performing restores and hardware repair, intaking data migrations also. I learned how to perform data migrations and troubleshoot IOS device. Management is always helpful and available. The co workers are also always very helpful and will answer any question with precision. The hardest about the job is assisting customers within the timely manner in which we have to be done within 15 minutes of starting appointment. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping the customers and providing assisting for the things that frustrates them.
Great place to work if Steve is still the focus
Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great environment to work in while on the floor
Cons: politics and shortsightedness make the company week
I worked for the company for several years under several managers, the ones that came from Apple were some of the best I ever worked with, the ones that were hired outside the company, Gap specifically, were not good at all, the focus was no longer the customer but numbers. The management is now more focused on their own execration through the company, and no longer the customer, customs focus will drive sales.
The best place to be
Anonymous (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Apple is truly the best place to be. Great work-life balance, great management, and great culture. My experience at Apple in one word: magical
Fun, Lots of learning
Sales (Former Employee), Temecula, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Great team work, awesome staff, Customer service is crazy but we always help them so they can leave happy. Inventory is always on point and everyone will acknowledge your hard work to make you feel like you actually accomplish something.
you work with people of many talents
Apple Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay is pretty high without having a degree of some sort
Cons: retail schedule
great for college kids looking to survive and make easy money. Hard place to enter unless your referred. The people you work with are pretty down to earth and friendly. But the retail environment gets old very quick.
Fun environment that needs a little more guidance
Tier 1 IOS/ OS X Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: the way we are scored.
I have a fun day at work filled with lots of laughs mainly with the customers.
I learn from management that using the correct tools and positioning can result in a lot of revenue.
I have a great team of co-workers that all help when trying to solve an issue. We are very competitive against the other teams which allow us to challenge our skills.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are irate.
The most enjoyable part about working is resolving the issue and going beyond the customers expectations. Also teaching the customer about their product is really fun too.
Great experience
Specialist (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Assesses customer needs and provide them with the appropriate products, as well as retail promotions and warranties/after-service care.
Troubleshoot any technical issues had by customers on all Apple products.
Educate customers on the use of various Apple products in free classes and tutoring sessions.
Join for the perks, stay for the people
Family Room Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers, discounts, benefits
Cons: its retail
Working at Apple is a great experience. Whatever the role you take, you will enjoy the people you work with because Apple hires good people. The days are long but the move quickly depending on the store. Product launches are a blast for the insanity. If you like helping people, take the job.
Everyday motivated at Work
FIELD SALES MANAGER - France (Former Employee), PARISFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: autonomy et self-confidence
Cons: not in apple
Manage my team on the right way
Achieve my target
Understand my market & competitors
Drive that matter, Focus & Simplify & Fight for Excellence
Manage the Apple's ambiguity !
The great balance between field an analysis
working from home
customer service (Former Employee), Conyers, GAFebruary 21, 2015
worked from home on the apple connect project for kelly services. apple is great but kelly services not so much but overall a positive experience.
Apple Life
Expert/Market Core Facilitator/Market Trainer (Former Employee), Boca Raton FlFebruary 18, 2015
Culture is great. Pay is pretty low. The opportunity to advance is great. Co workers are a true team. You need a lot of energy to work there.
Exciting and constantly changing
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, fun environment if you can handle being very busy, will learn a lot
Cons: too much to do with 40 hour/week limitations, pay could be be better, retail/inconsistent schedule
At Apple no day will ever be the same. It is a dynamic, constantly changing and evolving environment with extremely high expectations for the employees and the quality of the support and solutions we provide to our customers. After 8.5 years with Apple I still learn something new every day. We spend a lot of time selecting the best people, and when you have talented and highky skilled employees in a very competitive environment it can be a challenge to keep them motivated when opportunities for advancement within retail are limited. I learned so much at my time with Apple from dealing with difficult customer and employee situations, to Root Cause Analysis and identifying ways to improve the business, to implementing changes that fundamentally change the way we conduct our day to day business. The management team is strong but they are stretched very thin and are not able to spend as much individual time with employees as they would like. The team overall is hardworking and talented and the most difficult part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customer requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all have the ability to impact the lives of customers each and every day, and can help them improve their lives with technology - whether it be communicating with a loved one far away, managing your business with Apple solutions, or using our products to express your creativity.
Fun inspiring place to work; great benefits
Expert (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working with creative, intelligent, driven people everyday
Cons: apple is still the biggest business there is and some policies reflect that
Working for Apple was an amazing life changing experience. The knowledge you gain can never be lost and can be translated to all facets of life. I became a better professional and human being while working for Apple. Every day at Apple is a new journey, no two days were the same and things could change in an instant whether its a new product announcement or changes in policy and guidance. As an expert and specialist I could be talking to a customer one minute about how Apple products can enrich their life and troubleshooting hardware and software for a customer or employee the next minute. I was also a leader on our merchandising team that took care of all the product int eh store including but not limited to setup, imaging, cabling, and software updates. The benefits that Apple provides are incredible and unlike anything I have ever heard or experienced before. Not just traditional benefits like health and retirement but lots of added benefits and discounts.
Advisor
At Home Advisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2015
• Multitasked across systems and applications, analyzed and resolved a variety of complex technical issues
• Prioritized and managed time, because we work independently from home, displaying discipline and ability to work remotely with coworkers and management
• Provided technical assistance to iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac users

• Responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems
• Responsible for not only assisting both Tier I and Tier II personnel, but researched and developed solutions to new or unknown issues.
• Responsible for designing and developing one or more courses of action, evaluated each of the courses in a test case environment, and implemented the best solution to the problem
A culture that thrives on change despite ambiguity
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, scheduling, people, culture
I have learned a diverse set of competencies working at Apple in the past two and a half years. Since technology is always changing I am constantly dealing with ambiguity both customer facing and internally. What I've learned is how to reconstruct and improve my approach to customers and peers.
It is exciting to be able to watch people discover products through conversation and hands on knowledge. But it can be difficult to deal with the issues that arise when technology does not work. At Apple compassion is not just a thought, it is a practice. And, while some days are more difficult than others, I am always attempting to provide a better customer experience through meaningful interactions.
Apple is a place that allows you to realize what you are capable of and encourages your ideas and opinions. Through feedback and open communication with peers it is much easier to have a fun and developmental work space. I have fun every day because the people are what keep my work interesting.
easy going.
Global Datacenter Operation Support Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: individually mastered team members.
Cons: some time hard to communicate among other distant team members
Very challenging task can be in your plate any times and you have to come up with solution with in dead line. Lots project keeps you busy and constant change in work environment make worth while to go to work.
Excellent peers, excellent benefits, difficult schedule
Service Specialist (Current Employee), New EnglandFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers
Cons: schedule, management, pay
Most Apple Retail employees will agree that the best part of the job is the excellent people that they work with on a daily basis. But as it turns out, the management is not nearly as competent. If Apple retail promoted from within, not only would management be substantially improved, but employee retention would be greatly increased.

The inexpensive health benefits that Apple offers, as well as generous 401(k) matching and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, make it stand out among other retail employers.

Apple's insistence on employees having an open schedule makes it difficult, as there is no consistency in schedule which makes having a social life difficult.
Pros and cons to working here
AppleCare at Home Advisor (Former Employee), Ellington, CTFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits, strong culture
Cons: shift bids, rotating schedules, mandatory overtime
Great company to work for. Job security is there if you can handle how they handle scheduling, the mandatory 8-10 hours of overtime during product release times, the extremely high levels of stress, and changing your team leader every few months (I had 11 TMs in just under 3 years). If you're looking for a static schedule of Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, keep looking. The schedules are bid on every six months, meaning your schedule WILL change every six months, and you may at some point be asked to move to a graveyard schedule time.
Depends on what you're looking for
unknown (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2015
I think it depends on your goals, values and intelligence to determine whether or not you'd like working here. Theres a lot of compromise when it comes to their ethical standards, they talk big, but the general culture there is like their products…really expensive and don't actually add much value to the world. They pay well if you're in it for the money, but also load on the work and really take advantage of the employees if they're able to.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries