Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,531 reviews matching the search
Very fast paced environment with heavy customer focus and product knowledhe
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 3, 2016
Overall, working for the Apple Store is an amazing opportunity. Their entry level pay is higher than most places, and you get plenty of benefits, even if you're part time. You just need to be willing to handle an extremely fast paced environment with a constant flow of customer traffic. Your skills with customer focus, product knowledge, and learning on the fly play a huge part in being a specialist for Apple.
Most of the coworkers are friendly and willing to help, but unfortunately, the management uses personal favoritism in order to determine who gets to grow within the company.
Pros
Great benefits, high entry level pay, flexible
Cons
Poor management
ok
Data Center Break Fix Technician (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NCDecember 6, 2016
Data Center Break Fix Technician
Apple - Maiden, NC - June 2015 to November 2016
Work quickly to respond to incidents received by phone or ticket from 24x7 NOC
Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network failures in a highly advanced mission critical datacenter.
Test and repair server hardware electronic components
Isolate and resolve network connectivity issues in the data center fiber and copper infrastructure.
Exceptional Company, Great People, Rewarding Experience
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2016
I always loved walking into work because I knew I was there to do something that mattered. Apple taught me new ways to look at the relationship between a customer and a product. The ways in which I learned to communicate with people and act as a professional are lessons I will not soon forget.
The benefits for working at a company like Apple are hard to find anywhere else. From the Employee Stock purchase program to the ability to access some of the best software on the market for little to no charge, Apple takes care of their employees.
Wonderful company, but limited opportunities for advancement.
Full Time Specialst/Technician/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2016
Working for Apple was one of my best job experiences. The only downside was that once I was determined to be a "rock star" in sales, it was almost impossible for me to move into a different position within the store. I was only able to recieve my technician liscense after having surgery, and not being able to be on the sales floor, which allowed me time to study and pass the test. Even then, I was only allowed behind the genuis bar when they were shorthanded.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Limited oppurtunities for advancement within the company.
One of the Greatest Companies Around!
Business Expert & Business Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CANovember 22, 2016
I worked at Apple, Inc. for more than five years, in California, Oregon and Idaho as a Business Expert and Business Mentor. Business development, sales and employee trainings were my areas of responsibility. I built new and strengthened existing client relationships, strategized and implemented complete technology business solutions, coached and managed internal team members on all business processes, conducted client meetings
and instructed market-wide, internal business trainings.
Hard-working and passionate engineers that care about the work they do.
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 3, 2016
I had two internships at Apple, and the support from my manager and co-workers was outstanding. I learned something new each day and was able to have control of my own project and implement my own engineering design decisions to make a great impact. The compensation and benefits were generous, and the job occasionally required longer work hours.
Wonderful Place to work
AppleCare At-Home Advisor iOS/Mac (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 22, 2016
Apple is an awesome company but there is no advancement if you can only work part-time.

Chat position is global support.
Online training is tough but thorough and amazing.
Everyone is helpful.
You will not feel like you are working alone at any point.
Great Healthcare.
Pros
Advancement opportunities for Full Time
Cons
No Advancement for Part-Time only lateral moves
Best company you'll ever work for!
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 17, 2016
I loved my time at Apple. I loved the people I worked with and the culture around it. No matter where you are in the company, you feel like you are part of the company. Something that is unusual for most companies when discussing how each part operates between retail, corporate, etc.
Pros
A lot of great benefits, pay is better than most, and very understanding environment.
Cons
Company will take political stances you may or may not agree with.
Team Lead Sr. Data Center Break-Fix Tech (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 6, 2017
All the Mangers here are great and it's what made me stay for a lot longer than I would have. the workplace Culture is not bad. The only reason this is not my top position so far is that they don't let you use advanced methods to fix servers even though you have the skill set for it. Also Family life balance is not all that great at the Data center
great place to work
At home advisor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 3, 2017
i love this job same thing day in and day out Job Work/Life Balance
Apple’s mobile products, the iPhone and iPad, account for about three-quarters of its revenue. The iPad line has been expanded to include the iPad Pro, which features a bigger screen and a more powerful processes
Management is not always stable
GTS & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2016
(Contract position)
A typical day of work consists of 75% of the day spent at your cubical on a laptop with a large monitor, 12.5% of mandatory break time (two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break), and 12.5% of group discussions and team meetings. Management at times seems to lack interpersonal skills and asking questions is always a tricky situation to navigate. The team is encouraged to ask questions to maintain consistency on projects, but ask the wrong question and you risk being ridiculed by management. Team members are often compared to one another to create a competitive work environment. Favoritism by management is a large problem the team faces, and payment is not always on time or accurate.
GReat Career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Very predictable and typical days, answer calls.
Answer question for customer needing help with devices.
Help grow customer knowledge.
Sometimes there is high cal volume which makes the wait longer than expected and customer would need to be diffused after the long hold I say was the hardest in this role.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Needed more support
Terrible turn over rate, fun work enviroment, bad employee prep.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2016
I did not like the high chance of termination. The company had intelligent employees. The company doesn't prepare new hires with enough elbow room to advance. When systems would bind us, we were left to fend for ourselves.
Pros
oveetime availability, fun work enviroment
Cons
short breaks, rushed training
Great internal culture with opportunities for employees
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 27, 2016
The best part of working at Apple was helping customers who appreciated your knowledge and expertise. However, management and getting promoted could be very political. Employees were given opportunities to mentor continuing and incoming hires, as well as start programs that contribute to internal culture. While at Apple, I started Old Orchard Magazine, a publication designed to get all the store's news to the entire team, while including light-hearted, health-related content about flu shots and yoga poses.
Pros
Great product, good benefits
Cons
Politics, angry customers
Great company with lots of bright talented employees
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 26, 2016
Apple offers great products in the market place and employees work really hard to make the goals. There are many excellent managers, and co-workers, but the hierarchy is layered, and quite complex, and NOT the flat structured company as they pretend. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to work with some top-notch producers. The hardest part of my job was avoiding the political games.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Lack of true management
Productive career
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 3, 2016
Had fun working for Apple, my position was home based and I just do not think working at home is best for me. I love to get out and meet people, however, the training received is very beneficial for other call center and technical careers.
Pros
Flex-time, benefits, Apple discounts
Cons
Sitting down working on a desktop, very stressful, and employees receives D-sats when customer do not like their Apple products.
Phenomenal culture and innovation
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 31, 2017
As an "At Home Advisor" there aren't many advancement opportunities. If you're wanting to work from home, Apple is definitely the best company to be a part of.
Pros
Excellent benefits package, including employee pricing and stock options
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities as a work from home advisor
Handling Order
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA 95758November 21, 2016
I have learn a lot from Apple Inc. I was assign to more job than i was suppose to. I deal with phone calls and order materials just like being a receptionist. In Apple Inc. I work with a huge team members that everyday I have to check everyone's work make sure is neat and tidy before they get send out. If there a problem I mark it down on the system to forward it to my manager.
Fun and
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2016
Before the start of each shift, we were gathered up with an awesome pep talk and a quick update on expectations and any new news. It's a great way to start a shift!

We learn all about the Apple products and we learn about people skills.

Management is awesome. They are great leaders and very inspiring.

The work environment was always welcoming and the co-workers become family.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Serious environment
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 21, 2017
It is indeed one of the great companies in the Silicon Valley and it's going to be there for a while. The work-life balance is not that good and people are not technically sound (at least in the team where I worked). You are mostly all on your own to deliver and very little help is provided by your so-called mentors.