1,654 reviews

Apple Employee Reviews

Apple Genius
Genius (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Vertical Mobility
I believe that being an Apple Genius is a great part time job and even full time job. Every day is challenging and fast paced. When you look at a store and see how crowded it is and the appreciation from customers, it definitely gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

The group of people you work with are more like family. You have some of the greatest people working right next to you. You can always count on them to help you with a situation and they can always count on you.

Multitasking, time management, leadership are just some of the skills you will be able to learn while working as a Genius.
Fast paced and challenging
Project Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Perks
Cons: Management
Since I was in a Global role this required early morning and late evenings. Typically lots of meetings and conference calls to gather user requirements and intense sprints to meet deliverables. In my case my manager was under qualified but the co-workers and rest of management team were excellent.
Fast-paced and intense work place
Consulting Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing food
Cons: Over-zealous people
Every day you work with amazingly intelligent people. The hardest part of the job was seeing contract manufacturers that are treated poorly just because Apple can.
best job i had
Consultant (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Cool technology
Cons: Always didn't get breaks
The people I worked with were amazing, and I always felt like something I did meant something to someone. All in all it was a good job
Awesome Company
Support Level II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 1, 2015
I worked from home. Typical workday was waking up. Logging onto my work station and answering calls. Totally awesome manager who give very positive feedback. Awesome perks.
Not your typical job
Nanny (Current Employee), Media, PAJune 1, 2015
My typical day of work is not your ordinary day. Everyday is different when you are a nanny, watching small children. I love children and have been working with them for the last 10 years. I want a job where I can advance and use my brain.
Amazing company to work for
Business Expert (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: Pay can be low at first
Drive sales, outstanding customer service, fun place to work and develop your skills. Customer interactions were very good /
Awesome fast paced technology company.
iOS Senior Advisor Tier 2/ISS (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 29, 2015
Apple has a great work environment with a diverse culture and attitude. The campus is very advanced and nice making for great work atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 29, 2015
Easily the best retail job had. Sales expertise required, but social skills and intelligent conversation are the true weapons of this work environment.
Fun,productive workplace
Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2015
I work with an amazing group of people. I enjoy communicating with customers & helping them find solutions. Management is okay.
Challenging atmosphere with lots of great technology, but limited room to grow
Specialist (Current Employee), Los Gatos CAMay 29, 2015
Apple retail is like no other store. People not only come to the store to buy things, but to return again and again to learn.
Many personal and professional competencies will be learned and challenged while on the sales floor. Multitasking, composure, business acumen, and interpersonal skills are a must have.
PEOPLE LEADER (Former Employee), Germantown, TNMay 28, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Work life balance...late night shifts
Exceptional leadership at the helm.
Excellent training & development provided.
Rewarding to create environment that is bigger & better than all of us.
Enormous satisfaction to be able to serve others to mentor to succeed.
Great benefits and you work your tail off
Sr. Stock Plan Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great comp and benefits
Cons: 60 hour workweeks
Working for Apple, you will be very well compensated and you'll earn every cent of it. The 40 hour work week does not exist there.
Productive and fun worklace
Material Handler (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 27, 2015
I learned alot about IPhones that I did not know before I started the job. My coworkers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job were the hours. It was kind of hard leaving at 6am and going to sleep at that time.
Apple Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 26, 2015
Great experience thus far, i have no complaints it's been an awesome opportunity for growth and development, the work environment is suitable and welcoming, co workers are a pleasure to be around, management is always willing to hear feedback from the rest of it's team, i wouldn't say there is a hard part of the job but like any work place it has its disappointments, the most enjoyable part is being able to be apart of the team.
Fun place to work but not a place where you can grow outside of the retail realm.
Support Lead On The Floor (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMay 26, 2015
Apple is an amazing company but the management does not give you the tools to help you grow as a worker. The apple culture is not shown in this particular store.
Great company depending on store.
Specialist (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Compensation, discounts, culture
Cons: management
Working for Apple is an extremely great opportunity. You gain experience that you will not be able to gain elsewhere. The company itself offers great benefits and compensation. Sadly the work schedule can be a bit of a drag but the perks make up for it.

The experience is also depended on what store you work for. The specific store I worked at was great in the beginning until they made changes to the upper management. This caused things to go from awesome to plain horrible. The once coveted job at the Apple store turned into a job in which was dreaded. Not all management drank the juice as some would say. There were still some great managers that tried to keep the place running as smooth as possible regardless of how bad things were at the top.

All in all, it was a great experience working at Apple. You learn outstanding customer service skills as well great team building experience. I would definitely encourage people to look into careers at Apple whether it be retail or corporate. Just keep away from the store at Manhattan Village if you wish to continue to love the brand.
Great Company with great benefits.
AppleCare College Advisor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Work from home.
Cons: N/A
I would do technical troubleshooting for iPhones, iPads, iPods and iTunes. I decided if the issue was software or hardware oriented. I decided if device needed to be replaced or if the customer needed to be further educated on the product.
great job; poor pay
Genius (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 25, 2015
There is a great work environment. The compensation is extremely low. The environment is very stressful. The staff is great.
Great work environment
Apple server tech (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMay 23, 2015
Great people to work for, very knowledgeable and informing about day to day duties. Many of my supervisors were there for my hands on training and were attentive and responsive to any kind of questions i had about installing servers and resolving issues.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries