Apple Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,059 reviews matching the search
productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 1, 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various advertising campaigns. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as upgrades and new lines. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials.
Apple Daily
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33161May 1, 2016
- admin work, planning and organizing
- on the sales floor managing the team, coaching, managing the customer experience, driving sales, managing process, and innovating for 3 hours.
- 15 min break
- back on the sales floor managing the team, coaching, managing customers experience, driving sales and managing process, innovating for another hour
- 1 hour lunch
- back on the sales floor managing the team, customer experience, driving sales and managing process, innovating.
- Admin hour to wrap up documenting coaching conversations and planning.
Once a quarter managers are entirely off the floor to meet with the employees Managers are responsibly for training, coaching and devising strategic development plan.
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
each minute of your day is scheduled out for you. no flexibility whatsoever
Wonderful company to work for.
AppleCare At Home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 13, 2016
My typical day at work was started after my morning routine. I worked from home in my own office, and simply talked to customers through a headset. My preferred shifts were 4 10 hr shifts, so I could enjoy 3 days off. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the best part. I worked from home. Eventually I missed the interpersonal day to day that many work environments have.
Waste of time, only decent if you're in college
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJMarch 30, 2016
The pay is atrocious, management at retail stores is beyond incompetent. They are always trying to cut corns of being cheap by not having enough people working, giving people minimal hours, using money to have meets at cheap venues and using the food money during holidays to get discounted garbage from a restaurant in the mall.

Also no room for growth and HR doesn't assist you whatsoever. Cultish atmosphere.
Workplace which nurtures personal and professional growth
Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 27, 2016
Every shift I am given at least 15 minutes of personal development time to check work email, Apple employee discount store, write in work journal about goals and experiences, etc. Then we have a group meeting on what's going on in the store before we head out to help customers.
Once on the floor it's our job to go through the que and help people find what product is best for them based on what we learn about each individual.
Apple is great at hiring because co-workers are great and so is management.
The hardest part of the job is the hours ranging from 8 am to 10 pm but this is expected of retail.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and growing. It's a challenging environment but I'm glad for the challenge in product knowledge and skills in my job because I can see myself growing as an employee and as a person.
I hate retail
Genius (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 13, 2016
The job was fun when you were actually getting to do the job you are supposed to do. If you were a full time employee or one of the leaders of the store, you could be expected to do many different things, which you have to do to be promoted, but very often the work you do and the effort you put in to your job goes unrewarded. In my experience a carrot was dangled in front of my face for to long so eventually I left.
Great Opportunity
WUR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves diagnosing in coming Macbooks, repairing them and sending them off to the test line/department; once it finishes test, it ships off to the customer. I repair at least 20 to 40 units per day. Best part about the work is the feeling you get once all the pieces to the puzzle fit together.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
short breaks
AT Home Advisor
At Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  @homeJuly 8, 2016
I loved the job but missed the one on one connection with people. I learned many things about Mac, iTunes, and all facets of IOS, the mobile side of Apple. The hardest part of the job was telling someone all their data was deleted (contacts) because it was never backed up to anything or The Cloud.
Pros
Pay, location
Cons
Advancement, managerial staff
Hard Job but worthy rewards
At home advisor, remote phone support (Former Employee) –  My homeApril 20, 2016
This company actually cares about its employees and gives ample resources to help you.
This job had more training then any position i had ever worked for.
But the compensation and PTO right off the bat was perfect for the position.
The job required alot but the compensation of paid sick and PTO plus a high wage made this a good position.
Amazing
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 30, 2016
I had the honor of working for such a progressive company in beautiful Honolulu and it was the best experience of my professional career thus far. The people, the customer, the atmosphere, pretty remarkable. Apple truly takes amazing care of its family and it was pretty cool experience. When I had to relocate and leave them I literally cried because I didn't want to leave such an amazing company.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
Nothing at all =)
Basically a Call Center in your room.
AT-HOME APPLECARE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 14, 2016
If you can handle working in a call canter, and then doing so from your home, there isn't a better company to do it for. How much you enjoy the job does depend on your manager though, if he's relaxed its great, if he's a micro manager it's terrible.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working from home, means not seeing actual people
Fast paced company
Mac + T1 / iOS Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 9, 2016
Apple is a great place to work. Lots of new things to learn and lots of possibilities to move forward. Each day is a challenge never knowing who is on the other line needing assistance. It makes me feel great when I can solve a customer's issue and hear the smile on their face over the phone.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
lots of customers needing help
Amazing Products not Amazing Management
Account Executive - Education (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
Apple products are amazing and will continue to be reliable and cutting edge for the foreseeable future. Middle Management is more concerned with posturing and protecting themselves rather than promoting an environment where people are developed and promoted.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Leadership is poor at best
Life time opportunity
Legal Assistant/ Office manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 8, 2016
Working for Apple Inc. was amazing. Being able to work for a well-known company such as Apple was extremely rewarding. The company treats their employees with value and appreciation, I was proud to tell people what I did for a living and where it was at.
Pros
great healthcare, casual work environment, allows use of creativity, great management and fellow employees
The company's culture does not speak to it's mission statement
Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 22, 2016
Great part time job for those who have not entered into the work force however the culture and climate is not conducive to those that value structure.
Pros
Free software, some discounts on product
Cons
limited pool of internal hiring for management positions other that store leaders
Great company but low raises
Home Based Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 6, 2016
Apple was great to work for, don't get me wrong but they were stingy when it came to raises and there was not a lot of chances for a home based agent to move up. Probably because well, you are home based and many of the job openings are not. The benefits are excellent; if I remember it correctly you had health benefits on day one (no waiting period.) which of course if very rare. Another very silly and vain perk was just the fact that you are working for Apple! When people would ask who you worked for and I would say Apple you could see the admiration on their faces (and working from home for them just added to their jealousy!) All in all it was an awesome experience and one that I really wouldn't hesitate to recommend to someone else.
Pros
Hey this is APPLE!, great starting pay, great benefits
Cons
low raises, too many shift bids, if you are home based not much chance to move up
A Nice Company to Work, Still A Mega Corp
AppleCare At-Home Senior Advisor Mac+ (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2016
Working for Apple provided a lot of great benefits like phenomenal health insurance and a great on-site environment, however once you become familiar with the company's business structure it has all of the same problems as any other huge multinational company.

While growth has created a lot of opportunities for advancement, due to a lot of outside recruiting in order to keep up with that growth, it has also diluted the company culture that was such a big part of Apple during Steve's reign as CEO.
It was good while it lasted
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2016
The title says it all. I worked in Best Buy as a sales rep for apple. I worked for apple and not best buy. I loved it. The Job was pretty much just talking to people all day about what works for them and how we could make that happen. Unfortunately, when my seasonal contract was up they didn't offer me a job (one wasn't available).
Stable basic ordinary work environment
Genius Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 23, 2016
It isn't bad nor good. The job experience is just par. It can be stressful at times but mostly pretty calm. Customer interactions can be annoying but if your coworkers are good then it is manageable. It is a dangerous job in the sense that it is easy to fall into the complacency trap. It feels like a great culture but you can easily forget to keep developing and striving for greatness.
great work place
Tier 1 IOS Advisor (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJApril 19, 2016
Great company, with great benefits, paid training work from home availability.

work day is very busy have the to choose from 4x10 or x8 schedules for months

you learn a lot on a daily basis

Ideal for ppl with older children not smaller kids

there is no hard part to the job you get training
Pros
Great people
Cons
meet metrics, schedule changes every three months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3