Apple

Apple Employer Reviews

Great Place to work!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 24, 2014
Had a lot of fun interacting with customers on a daily basis about their needs with technology. Explaining how a particular product works, and how it can help them were common. Troubleshooting was an essential piece of how to help the customer in from of you. The traffic was immense, but fun. A great time!
productive very good work culture
Lead Sales, and Customer service (Current Employee), new york, nyFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: partial pay for public transportation, good benefits good staff
Cons: attendance policy, micromanaging
enriching customer lives, multitasking many tasks at once, effectively resolving customer issues
Poor managing sours what should be a great job
Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits for part-timers, great and interesting coworkers, great products, generous breaks
Cons: high school politics, unsympathetic sick/attendance policy, little to no vacation time
Apple Retail has a credo the whole company is supposed to go by, which can basically be summed to "our people are our first priority." For HR and management (at my specific location), however, policy is their first priority. The tension this creates causes perpetual anxiety to myself and coworkers who do value Apple's ideal culture of personal growth – more... and development. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an unsympathetic leadership who will appeal to "the needs of the business" whenever an employee has a conflict.

On the bright side, Apple makes great products and sharing the experience of delight when a customer makes their first purchase is the most enjoyable part of the job. Even part-time employees great health benefits, among other things such as transportation and discounts.

If you're going to work in retail Apple is the best you can do. Just be wary of the kind of people who are attracted to management positions in such outlets. – less
Handle 3D models for clean up and QA
3D QA and Touch Up Worker (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great culture, people.
Cons: contract, no advancement.
This was a dependable, contract position that allowed gain of production experience within a fast working environment with hard deadlines. Handled 3D models for clean up and performed QA on final work. Assessed standards and quality for improvement both in final product and efficiency of the production.
Wonderful Job
Tier I iTunes Tech Support Team Lead (Former Employee), AddisonFebruary 20, 2014
iTunes Tech Support! Site closed. For help with questions about iTunes installation, importing, library management, syncing and other topics, contact iTunes support. iTunes Player support is free during your Apple hardware product's complimentary support period or with an AppleCare Protection Plan. Contact options vary based on your issue and hardware – more... product eligibility. Depending on your hardware product's coverage, you may need to pay for support. – less
was a contractor
Accountant (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Was a contractor
Supervisor was very good and encouraging
Also the management was good
Productive Fun place to work
Expert / Business (Current Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 19, 2014
Great place,
always something different. co-workers are great people.

Theres always someone new to interact with.
Fun Wrokplace
iChat Technical Support (Team Lead) (Former Employee), addison, txFebruary 19, 2014
Receive and respond to emails from iTunes Store customer's who experience trouble with their iTunes Account, purchases, billing, gift cards, /certificates and downloads.
Research and troubleshoot the problem to resolve and then provide the customer with necessary information.
Handle follow-up emails and provide helpful articles that relate to the issue – more... in question, providing the best customer service.
Assist team members with their escalated emails as well as coaching the techs to fit the customer's needs.
Instant communication online (iChat) with customers that have questions and concerns about their iTunes Account, billing, downloads and connection problems. – less
Fast paced exciting environment
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAFebruary 16, 2014
I loved my time working for Apple, it was enjoyable and fast paced which I loved. I constantly learned something new and was part of a very innovative team, I learned priceless skills while there.
Fun environment
Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2014
-Follows steps of customer service to provide the consumer with a complete solution
-Uses Leadership Team and store resources to strive for results and achieve goals
-Completes feedback loop by communicating and listening actively throughout the feedback process
-Maintains approachability by being present, observing/evaluating, and sharing personal – more... experiences
-Conducts Workshops to enlighten customers on how to use products and services – less
Progressive and innovative company with excellent food choices
Senior Global Supply Base Manager (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Apple is a very progressive company which empowers its employees to drive for new innovations and perfection in the tasks that they support. Work/life balance is difficult for most employes to achieve. Has a great cafeteria which supports vegans and vegetarians as well as multi-cultural requirements.
Fun, Exciting, High Paced
Family Room Specialist (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: store meetings, nice break system
Days go by fast with the amount of traffic we see. Customer service is a strong suit of the company and I have learned how to truly perfect the art of customer service and the customer experience. Management is quick to listen and help with any situation as well as the workers you work with side by side. Great team effort always.
Great chance to learn about new products and work with great people.
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: not much internal growth.
One of the best learning opportunities of my life. I love everything about training/coaching and being able to bring out the best in others. This was a great place to do that. Having such great products made it easy to build one of a kind customer relationships.
Organic, welcoming, fun, challenging
Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: nice benefits, friendly staff
Working for Apple is a wonderful experience. The people on my team are very knowledgable and kind, I never felt like I didn't have the support I needed, even on days when the store was completely packed.
The techniques, from upper management down to entry level, are fantastically efficient and effective. It is very inspiring to experience a workplace – more... with such cunning and harmonious ways of doing business, especially when you are fully equipped to help dozens of people a day solve a staggering variety of issues.
The most difficult part of this occupation is when you are approached with an unknown problem. We don't accept failure and are absolutely determined to find a solution, but if we do not have the resources to find said solution, we connect the customer to outside resources who can.
The part I love most about working at Apple is seeing someone who walked in feeling badly about their interaction with Apple products, and completely changing their perception through providing what we call "a world class experience" and watching them walk out with a smile on their face. – less
Productive and Fun
Apple Campus Rep. (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Working at Apple was one of the best experiences in my entire career. I learned so much from so many people and that I am entirely grateful for. A typical day at work was relaxed and was a joy to go. It never felt like work for me. I learned how to be a leader among small groups along with large ones. A long with that I was able to learn a bit about – more... marketing specifics. The hardest part though about the job was reaching customers that didn't understand how to use our products at first but that in itself was a joy as well. – less
Love the people I worked with
Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers, management, culture
Cons: standing, retail, low pay
Apple is an awesome place to work because of the people you meet and interact with on a daily basis. There is never a dull moment, and the management is very helpful and encouraging in self development. The pay could be better.
A dynamic and exciting opportunity
Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: benefits and perks
The Flagship store for Apple Retail provided me with an incredible wealth of knowledge and constant learning opportunities. I encountered customers and coworkers from many different walks of life and all corners of the globe, which helped me to hone both my communication and teamwork skills. There is no such thing as a typical day at Apple. It is a – more... constantly changing, always innovating, truly dynamic workplace and I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of their team for these past few years. – less
apple
Lead Mac Genius (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: get to work with likeminded individuals
Cons: poor pay, poor hours
very poor compensation, very demanding hours. Management had expectations that were completely unreasonable. They timecard system works against itself, turnover is way to high and could be circumvented if management treated employes like adults and not high school students.
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: amazing company
Cons: retail hours are eh, but if thats the worst of it who cares
What an unbelievable company. I guess when you're tied with Exxon as the most profitable company in the world you can pull out all the stops.... and $350 BILLION a year pulls out a lot of stops. The employees are treated like royalty by the company, everything happens FAST. no typical red tape and bureaucracy... I worked at a brand new store and we – more... did the grand opening, but like a week before they realized all 150 employees' business cards were misprinted.... they had 1000 cards for EACH of us fixed in 2 days before we opened. thats rare. we would have employee meetings that would be fake, we would show up to find out that they rented out the local laser tag place for 2 hours for us as a surprise. Im reapplying now to work for them again. – less
Not bad
Lead Software/Solution Architect and Developer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: tons of work
Good. A lot of good work.
Learning, smart people.
Great Managers
Great co-workers
Great Team
Typical day - Busy

About Apple

Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices – Read more