Apple
1,503 reviews

Apple United States Employee Reviews

Apple retail provides many unique challenges for those passionate about the brand
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Century City, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the scheduling is random
My current employer is Apple and my role is Family Room Specialist. I work in tandem with the Genius Bar to troubleshoot iOS devices, (iPhones, IPads, IPods, Apple TV's and the forthcoming Apple Watch). The Job is constantly changing due to the ever-evolving technology. My goal is always to provide the best solution in the fastest way possible that leaves the customer happy with their experience at the store.

I've learned so much. I've learned how these devices work, both software and hardware. I've learned that you always want to explain things as simply as possible. Also, sometimes you need to find a new way of explaining a concept because not everybody learns the in the same way.

I think the company is well managed. There's a reason why we're the no. 1 company in the world.

I love my co-workers. We're a very diverse group of people, all with unique passions and gifts. I've made friends with quite a few of my colleagues and we all make an effort to support each other outside of work.

The hardest part of the job is the scheduling. We don't work regularly scheduled shifts. We may work a morning shift one day, an afternoon shift the following day and a closing shift the day after that. Because of the way our schedules are made, it makes it very difficult to have a routine outside of work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the customer and making sure they leave happy and satisfied with the service that I have provided.
Low pay, fast paced, great benefits, high product knowledge, high stress job
Specialist (Current Employee), CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great healthcare, discounts with cell and network providers
Cons: extremely low pay, offers lateral mobility, all workers compensated same despite education level
A successful IT company needs to evolve quickly and respond to customer and employee feedback and this is exactly what Apple has succeeded in doing. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with high customer expectations with low pay. Changes are frequent and with little time to read and update, emails are overwhelming. Expectations for retail employees are equal to corporate, however with retail employees serving customers throughout the day the expectations are not equitable. All employees no matter what education level or age are all treated the same. This model creates equity as well as a lack of respect for experienced workers with years of life experience. Healthcare benefits are excellent as well as discounts from network providers. Feedback needs more training and is a crucial part of the work culture. Customer feedback is at times not related to job performance but extraneous circumstances, yet critical to upward mobility. Recognition given to workers on number basis only.
Amazing company, innovative products and generous benefits
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2015
Apple is an innovative company that truly cares about every employee. I have been impressed by the level of employee development and opportunity for advancement. I've got amazing coworkers and caring managers.

I've learned to be a better critical thinker and have improved upon my ability to lead groups as well as coach individuals.
Super productive and an incredible experience.
BACK OF HOUSE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
My job has influenced my career choice and as I pursue a degree in Communications, I have been fortunate to work with a myriad of colleagues and customers. My key achievements this past year include getting to know the operations of Back of House and how it works. Apple has helped me become more mature and responsible. It has helped me pave the way to success and be more successful. I am honored to work for a company that teaches me to be more professional and self-efficient. I have gained so much knowledge and I am always eager to increase my knowledge while continuing my career here at Apple.
Stressfull work environment, but helping people is the best reward.
iOS senior technical advisor (Former Employee), Boulder Co.March 17, 2015
Typical day includes taking calls for your entire shift. You can make it hard or easy on yourself, depending on how you can talk to people. The best part is when you do get that chance to make someone's day and solve their problems. The ability to help someone understand their products better and giving them the control over that is such a great reward.
Productive workplace with truly engaging and committed employees
Service Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: benefits for part-timers
A typical day at 5th Avenue Apple is exciting, engaging, genuine and fast-paced. I learned that learning on the job with the help of co-workers is the key. I learned that working for the company is not about selling products but rather about learning from the visitors to the store. Listening to them, hearing their stories, learning about their lives and helping them enrich certain aspects with Apple technology. Management was truly wonderful, the best I've experienced in my working years. I never felt lost or confused because everywhere I turned, I saw a smiling manager ready to help at a moment's notice. My co-workers were energetic, heartfelt and genuinely happy to be at work. We all fed off of each other's energy and the energy of the bustling store to create a truly magnetic work atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was communicating effectively with visitors to the store who spoke not a word of English. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out, no matter how much time it required, and seeing them leave so thankful with a smiling face. There's nothing more satisfying than having customers ask for your business card because they only want to work with you when they return to the store.
Fun place to work at, you always lear something new.
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 16, 2015
This is a really great company to work for, despite some people giving it a bad rap. I have been there for about 4 years now and I love my job. I feel like I'm getting paid for my favorite hobby.
Fast-paced customer service, excellent management, and a great work environment.
Certified Mobile Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I deliver 20-28 daily appointments providing hardware and software support across multiple devices. This role has taught me how to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
A very motivating and great workplace
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMarch 16, 2015
At Apple, you not only get to work with the best technology in the world, but you also get to work with the best people. There is always ongoing training about new product releases and constant development within the company!
It's Apple. What can I say?
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no work/life balance
There's nowhere else like it, and everyone knows it. That's a good and a bad thing. Management quality varies widely throughout different parts of the company.
Great place to work.
At-Home-Advisor CPU / iOS T1 (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, awesome management.
Cons: challenging metrics and customer calls.
Apple is great, a chance you should not pass up. The training they give you is great and their relaxed nature makes working for them easy. You may have a challenge dealing with customers depending on your patience level. For the most part, things are good. The company is great.
A place that values you as an individual
Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: positive environment, great hourly rate.
Cons: working part-time.
Rare is the opportunity that allows you to bring your knowledge to the table and express yourself-within reason. I spend most of my time talking about the products and helping people with issues. These are things that I would usually do if I am in a store as a customer. I like that this company encourages you to be personal with your customer. Every supervisor is always helpful and considerate. Great part-time job.
Fantastic
Senior Recruiter for Apple Retail Corporate (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work and many opportunities to advance your career. If you have a chance to work in this role, GO FOR IT! Great colleagues and a fantastic work culture.
The Best of Retail
Sales/Service Specialist (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 11, 2015
Working for Apple is never boring. You're always working towards the next big thing, regardless of where your job sits in the corporate hierarchy. The opportunities for personal development are intermittent - they're often the first thing to be removed in busy times - but those that exist are better than any other company I've heard of. The people are simply amazing. Everyone you encounter will be kind, friendly, and interested in you and your work - because the company encourages people to build strong cross-functional relationships. It's simply a culture of community-building.
This job was fun, but advancement is difficult.
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 8, 2015
Apple is a great company to work for, but advancement is hard and the hours are hard, it is retail afterall. I enjoyed the times when I taught and also my times working at the Genius Bar helping those who had technical problems. I am a problem solver.
Best Retail job you can have
Genius (Current Employee), Plano, TexasMarch 8, 2015
Yes it's retail but it's miles different than any other retail job i've had. Leaders care about you as a person and also your development. You work for a company that has pretty much infinite resources as its disposal
Enterprise Server Support
Enterprise IT Support (Current Employee), Austin TexasMarch 6, 2015
Technical server support for Enterprise customer.
Enterprise support team has more than 10000 members provide high quality of technical/customer support.
Good, but.......
Mac Expert (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2015
There are some things that are great like benefits, being able to work from home, but the advancement opportunities I was promised upon being hired are non existent.
Apple Inc
Support Technician - customer service (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 5, 2015
Simply one of the best technology companies in the World!
Tech giant, with devices all other the world is both exciting and thrilling to be apart of such a wonderful company.
Great products not great place for employees
Fraud Analyst and Customer Service (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free coffee and team building events
Cons: short breaks and lunch
If you don't work like your addicted to the computer and don't make your numbers....your job is on the line. As a parent, I can't live like that. I want to go to a job and do whatever I need to as best as I can and not be held down my a magical number that is hard to obtain.

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries