Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,533 reviews matching the search
Fun learning environment where co-workers share similar passions
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Great place to learn about how to use technology in work, personal, and passion settings. Definitely values their culture and beliefs in customer service.
Benefits
Cons
Wage
Great Job!
Expert (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Amazing culture. A lot of opportunities for development. I really enjoy working here. I have been fortunate to be apart of many management experiences.
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Development
Cons
Retail hours
Its customers are top notch and the products are awesome
Senior Advisor - Professional Applications Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2016
I haven't worked at Apple for almost 10 years for no reason. I love Apples products and its customer are second to none. The dedication that people have to Apples products is legendary and supporting these people has always been a supreme joy. The management style at Apple is its worst problem. The culture of threatening its employees and providing zero encouragement and guidance and support in areas that truly matter is saddening. The company is such a huge monster and has the potential to be even bigger and better if only it would treat its employees with more respect and treat them as humans, not just numbers. The managers are expected to deliver coaching opportunities in every meeting, never being given an opportunity to simply praise a employee and nothing else. I have seen so many times when managers are on completely opposite ends of communication and ideas for managing and the confusion this causes with the employees is frightening. The company itself is a good company that offered good compensation and benefits, however the management styles that encourage and expect threatening and intimidation as a way to motivate employees is misguided and wrong on all levels. In my time here I have had so many excellent experiences with coworkers and customers, that is the only reason I have stayed for so long. The hardest part of the job is knowing every meeting I will be told "you did great! but..."
Pros
Good compensation, good benefits
Cons
Management uses threats and intimidation to try to motivate
Stress, revolving managers, no room for growth
Senior Software Advisor/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Nice perks, okay pay, new manger every six weeks ( bad business management ) Apple care
Cool peers for the most part, Hipsters seem to move up the ladder fairly quick. I'm not one to wear yellow bifocals.
if you like people yelling at you all day for stuff you're not responsible for and no one will ever take ownership of, this is the place for you. I've never seen people act so rude as I have taking thousands of calls as a senior advisor. People can be very nasty ( that's the worst part of the job).
I learned a great deal of patients during my almost decade of working for Apple.
and that it simply is a dog eat dog corporate world for sure.
Pros
nice perks
Cons
over worked 10 hr days, you werk every holiday except for thanksgiving
Fun place to work, Full time is tough
Technical Expert (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 4, 2017
I love my peers and my job. I truly enjoy going to work everyday.

The only pretty significant downside to Apple is it can take years to get full time. I know people who have been ready for a position for 3-5 years, waiting for it just to open. Their is a ton of talent that leaves apple because they need full time.

For me being a student, its a great job. Part time is fine, pay is way better than any other retail enviroment, and it looks snazzy on a resume.

If you're looking for this to be a career, id be somewhat skeptical, getting 40 hours a week is not easy.
fun environment and understanding team
AppleCare Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Apple Care you learn a lot about the device you own. The hardest part about the job was the surveys. Sometimes customer will rate the company as a whole and not yourself even if you provided radical customer service experience. This taught me to understand the call patterns and how I should start off my calls.
The verbiage on the calls was very relaxed. We did not want the customer to think we were trying to hard to sound customer service friendly. I enjoyed how management coach us every single days and asked us about somewhat personal questions to get to know us. Apple is user friendly and a people friendly job.
Pros
Additional break
Cons
Surveys affected your pros even if your call was exceptional
Great place to work at
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Amazing place to work at, good benefits, talented peers, many development opportunities. The culture is amazing, it is consistent throughout the whole company.
Great corporate culture
Agreement Admin At-Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Apple was a rewarding company to work for. The hours were difficult and they were inflexible in scheduling. I enjoyed learning about the needs of various customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours, scheduling and lack of advancement opportunities
Great Company w/ Great Benefits
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 25, 2016
At this time Apple is still one of the world's leading companies. Working there, you really do feel the global impact the company has because customers and employees come from every background imaginable. The benefits are great, even for part time employees. However, progression in the company is nearly impossible. There is a lot of favoritism by management and it is difficult to be noticed.
Amazing Experience
At Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 26, 2016
Worked in a highly engaged, valued customer service position. Enjoyed learning about Apple Technology and programs and worked with like-minded individuals.
Management was varied but driven and provided good support on job roles and information.
The co-worker environment was minimal since the position was work from home, and allowed personal relationships to build when wanted.
The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. If the option was or is available to me I would absolutely work for them again.
The most enjoyable part was the problem solving. Being able to resolve and determine technical issues.
Benefits
Cons
Irregular scheduling
Great
Mac+ Chat Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Apple is an excellent place to work. From enticing benefits to a refreshing corporate culture, Apple strives hard every day to bring above and beyond technical support to those customers who need it.
Fun place to work, plenty of self development opportunities
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Company definitely holds up to is standards, assisting customers that are just as passionate about Apple as you are makes your time at an Apple Store worth while.
Pros
Benefits even for part timers
Cons
Working Retail hours (work/Life Balance)
Good Benefits / excellent talent
Store Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
It's a great place for benefits and you'll work with so much talent. The company pushes career employees but for most people, they reach a ceiling within a few years. If you aren't top of the class, you'll be working retail for years.
Stressful
Genius (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 20, 2017
The typical day for this company at a retail level was stressful. Easy to get burnt out after many years. Retail does not have a lot of room for movement, very competitive.
Pros
Great company, discounts
Cons
stress, poor work/life balance
Great company, if you're NOT a contractor
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 8, 2016
Overall, I enjoy working for the company, and my manager and group are great. However, as a contractor, I have no paid holidays, no PTO, and only 3 sick days for the entire year, and that was not the case when I had started. This particularly becomes a problem in calendar Q4 when Tim is generous to the employees w/ holidays, but I have no way to compensate for the lack of pay during Thanksgiving week and the Christmas-New Years shut down. The other issue is the 15-18 month limit on contractors, so if you aren't converted after that, you have to leave for a few months before you can come back, which is not practical. Lastly, as a contractor, I feel like a second class citizen in the company -- there are many moments when it becomes painfully obvious you are not a regular employee.

Aside from those sticking points, I think the company culture is great, the regular employees seem to have great benefits, and it is genuinely a diverse workplace -- at least in my building, I have bumped into all sorts of nationalities, ethnicities, religions, orientations, persons with disabilities, etc...

My advice: If you can get a regular full-time position at Apple, do it! However, if it's a contractor position, move on and find something else.
Pros
great company and culture
Cons
bad situation for contractors
Not your normal retail job.
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Very team orientated would start the day with the group of people who just came in. Give us a break-down of how the day has been and what goals sales should achieve. Separately the technical team would speak as well about repairs and how busy the queue was for the day. We would get our device and go help customers and try to achieve success for their issue while holding onto a time constraint. Being able to juggle 6 people, some with complications that take longer than 15 minutes, helped me able to multitask very much.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Extremely self-absorbed, favoritism based on who's friendly with manager versus talent.
Great culture and ethics, could do better with scheduling and promotions
Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2016
Apple is a great company for bringing people together. We were a team of 300, and for the most part we were all into having big group events and hanging out together after work. Coming to work was a positive experience every day, and you learn a little bit about your job every day. Even at 2 years in the same job position, things change constantly and I am never bored.

Pay could be better, and I wish that promotions were more frequent. Apple brings in new people constantly, and sometimes a transfer will come in.
Pros
Environment, friends.
Cons
Bad customers, pay after taxes
Fun and challenging atmosphere were customers are first
Family Room Specialist (FRS) (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day in the Family room is very hectic and busy all day. You learn to deal with many personality types and how to jungle numerous customers at once. I learned how to empathize with people and help them restore their faith in Apple. Most of your co works are great fun and you learn many great life lessons. The hardest part is keeping up with the demand while still making each customer feel like they have your undivided attention.
Pros
Company discounts, advancement opportunities
Cons
It is still retail, not a really flexible schedule.
Very challenging environment. Great place to learn and develop as a person and manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 7, 2017
I learned more at this job than any other job on my resume. I learned almost daily how to become a better manager to all levels at Apple. The teams are very bright, intuitive and driven. You have to be highly adaptable and humble. Each one of us was hired for very specific skills, talents and character we brought to better Apple. You may have been "the best" in your previous company in certain areas/competancies..but suddenly you enter Apple and they challenge you in ways that you realize you have a lot to work on. It is a community/team where everyone inspires one another to do more..become better at their job...think differently. It is extremely diverse which creates so many opinions and questions - a reflection of what the world in a way is. I highly recommend Apple to anyone ready for the challenge.
Pros
Work life balance and constant learning, Store Leader was very supportive
Cons
Store was experiencing major changes in all roles across the board.
Always focused on your development and how to make things better
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 19, 2016
Love working at Apple. Great culture, benefits, and flexibility. You are always working with a team of people, both peers and leaders, that care about your development (i.e. advancement) in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3