Apple
1,583 reviews

Apple Employee Reviews

You can learn a lot from working here
Red Zone specialist (Current Employee), New York NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: excellent communication development
Cons: very hard to progress without making the right people happy. See office politics.
I believe the emphasis on customer service and learning effective communication and self improvement is worth the price of admission. The fact that the management has seldom gone through the same training that the staff has is a point of contention. This fact will not bother you until you have been with the company long enough to see it though so do still apply. It can be mentally taxing most days as it is a retail position.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: close to home, good management, great team members, benefits
Cons: stuck with schedule for one month
learned great customer service skills from apple and how to deal with very irate customers and how to turn a bad situation into a positive situation
Amazing workplace, a company I can believe in, and teams I can work with.
Genius (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
Work as Genius is work in a fast paced constantly changing environment. We repair relationships with customers and the brand we don't just fix their devices. The work is rewarding and the pay is very competitive for the retail sector.
Great Benefits and CS Training
Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Living Wage, Benefits, CS training
Cons: STRICT attendance policy, no Language training, Sales metrics weighed heavily against other areas of performance
Overall, Apple can be a great place to transition from survival jobs into a professional career. It is certainly comfortable, but if you stay too long, you can burn out easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, they tend to hire well balanced, creative employees with strong work ethics. The hardest part, specifically at the Fifth Avenue store, is giving non-english speaking customers the same great service - as their training does not prepare you for on-the-fly translations. A typical day for a sales specialist is 8 hours on your feet expending all the social energy you have to be as outgoing and friendly as possible. Management wants to keep you on track to make their daily revenue goals, but is always on the employees side in difficult CS scenarios. Promotions are super competitive, and there is quite a bit of hiring from outside the company.
an awesome job for students
Apple care technical advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 10, 2015
-take calls from all over country and Canada
-Troubleshoot customer's technical issues
-team's performance is being monitored by a team manager
People were very rude at job events
TECHNICIAN Apple Service Provider (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 10, 2015
Pros: nice stores
Cons: Arrogant associates, condescending attitudes towards customers
People were very rude at job events. Arrogant people. Employees insulting job applicants at recruiting events.

Repaired Apple products at Apple Service Provider. Company didn't provide any pay which was illegal. Worked at service provider for 9 months without pay 50 hours a week.
Semi-productive place with many stations to learn
Warehouse Floor Worker (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAApril 9, 2015
Most days were filled with constant work. I worked on disassembling and assembling various parts on all iPhone 5 models. Later, I learned how to properly test all functions on the new iPhone 6 models and got qualified in performing those tests. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable for me. With six disassembly stations and seventeen assembly stations, it was difficult to not only learn the standard operating procedure for each independent station, but it was also an engaging challenge to be able to remember the procedures one by one and tie it into the next corresponding station.
Great benefits, that's about all.
Apple Advisor (Former Employee), Milton, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits, co-worker support
Cons: Managerial organization
In chat, it is and always was constantly much busier than in the phone support queues, with the added struggle of assisting multiple customers at once while having to adhere to awful chat guidelines that take the conversation out of the support.
Different and Fun!
Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 9, 2015
Apple is fun and a learning experience. The culture there is so different from any other job I'v ever had. Everyone is willing to help. The customer journey is always most important.
A learning Lesson
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, GAApril 8, 2015
It was a a great place to work. I learned a lot about working independently and with a team. The management was of great support and knowledge.
poor management structure
Manager, Conference & Event Services (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: poor transportation
Cons: free transportation
Management:
- Does not handle conflict properly.
- Does not support their direct reports.
- Does not keep close communication with their direct reports.

Deal with several difficult, demanding people (most employees have a pre-madonna attitude)
Great coworkers and management staff.
iOS Tier 2 advisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: great people, great environment, great lunchroom, great benefits
Cons: no real cons. The job just was not the right fit for me.
Apple was a great place to work overall in terms of the people and the environment. Every person was quite easy to get along with and relate with. Every day the job consisted of assisting customers over the phone to get their iPads, iPods, or iPhones working to their satisfaction. This, to me personally, was the hardest part of the job as being on the phone for 8+ hours a day really tended to wear me down. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was simply being able to surround myself with great people that were friendly and incredibly helpful when assistance was needed.

I learned a great deal from my experience at Apple about how to better empathize and align with the customers I was dealing with day in and day out. As a tier 2 advisor I also learned a good amount about proper time management as I would not only take calls, but also perform callbacks when necessary and have discussions with the engineering department as well as some others to get the needed resolutions.
Energetic and fun atmosphere
Help desk, Technical support representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Big cafetera
Cons: Location near various eatery
Very energetic work environment, Great business to work for. Leader and management employee friendly. Great pay and benefits package. Location access very good. Promote from within.
Fun, Supportive, Development focused environment.
Specialist (Current Employee), new York, nYApril 8, 2015
Great coworkers, lots of education and development, supportive managers. Easy to stay busy all the time. Great benefits.
apple was a challenging position that kept me on my toes
Trouble Shooter (Former Employee), 9950 Mayland DriveApril 7, 2015
Pros: lots of free things
Cons: Updating to new ios versions every other day, while you just learned the version before last, it is time to learn a new version, and it still does not stop there.
Extremely high volume call center

I learned the metric system, and how to boost my incentives for bonus money.

Co-workers were bubbly, and personable. Like a family setting.

The hardest part of my job was learning new articles that presented itself on an hourly basis, being that apple is constantly updating to the next ios version, while still operating the inbound calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the entertainment and games our job presented everyday. It was always something different to look forward to.
Very productive workplace that was casual!
Customer Service/Logistics (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Steady work hours, reasonable lunch times, casual environment
I loved working at Apple. It was a casual environment that had room for advancement. I enjoyed all the individuals I worked with.
Apple is a great company to work for
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pay, ability to move up, innovation is sought after
Cons: Senior advisors need more moral boosters, because the job can be very burdening
The best benefits you have ever seen.
Great ability to move within the company once you are hired.
Couldn't recommend Apple more.
I tell all my friends and family to apply
Great to learn from very smart and genuine people.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Culver CityApril 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, high profile company.
Cons: Understaffed, not much time for lunch.
Come ready to hit the ground running, as it is typically busy from emails the night before and continuing emails throughout the day. All in the midst of weekly meetings. Management catches up on a higher level on how projects are doing and address where there is attention needed. Work with coworkers to ensure the information on projects are spread throughout cross functional teams. Despite the rush and constant running around, once a product is put out in the market it is extremely highly rewarding.
All deadline driven
Product Change/Configuration Management (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Great Products...
Cons: No life....
Learned a lot of critical system process, mainly procedure writing and meeting deadlines.

• Product Change and Configuration Management with ten years experience in software & hardware portables and hand held devices.
• Emphases on problem identification, engineering changes, documentation, process improvement and facilitating CCB Change Control Board meetings.
• Wrote and maintained procedures that defined the training processes for engineering and CM including pre-audits, warranties, templates and various other continuous improvement initiatives.
• Troubleshot root cause analysis, administered corrective action and documented processes by way of approved desktop procedures. Created and performed postmortems / lessons learned for product groups at the end of each release cycle.
Apple Summary
Specialist/Sales (Former Employee), Vestavia, ALApril 5, 2015
Pros: Awesome atmosphere and great people to work with
Cons: long hours on your feet and no advancement
I enjoyes working for Apple, they have a laid back atmosphere and open to all their employees learning something new everyday. however the store I worked in had 100+ employees, therefore slim to none chance for advancement. which is why I left apple

About Apple

Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing – Read more

Apple Salaries