Apple

Apple Employer Reviews

a pay check
Operations (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 1, 2014
Pros: a consistent paycheck
Cons: slave wages and sweatshop environment
All inbound and outbound logistics

retail store, good work in a sweatshop environment
Great place to work at
Mac Specialist/office assistant (Former Employee), Pasdena, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: culture and company
Cons: micro management was too common
As soon as you walk into the door you have to be ready to work. Learning how the retail culture functions and how to manage people was definitely a plus. Management was very helpful and very supportive. Part of the reason why many of us worked there was because of such a diverse group to work with. One of the hardest things to adjust to was the loud – more... noise all the time. My most enjoyable moments were when I sold a computer to a first time Mac owner. – less
Great place to be!
Retail Finance Lease Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 29, 2014
Apple is a wonderful company to work for. The atmosphere is positive and upbeat. They promote from within. They encourage a home/work balance.
One of a kind culture with one of a kind people.
Expert (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great people that became life long friends, good pay, loved the culture of apple
Cons: overly repetitive, ambiguity at points.
Typical day at work: Clock in with fellow staff and participate in a daily informative meeting called the "download". After hearing about goals and new store initiaitives, we would hit the floor and immediately start selling all day. Along with selling, we would inform and educate other users of Apple products about how to best use their devices that – more... best fits their lives and intrests.

What I learned: I learned how to be patient and ask the right questions at the right time. Another trait that was strengthened was the ability to listen and listen well. Really finding out what the client needed and why they needed that was the most successfull thing I learned while at Apple. I learned how to work as a team to achieve lofty sales goals within the team of Experts. I also learned how to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life. From teenages to the edlerly, I can do it all.

Management: The management team at Apple is extensive and diverse. I found that there were some managers that made things happen and others that did not. I hung on to the ones that made things happen. Management was very clear on how to attain various goals that the employee wanted to attain.

Hardest part of the job: Feeling taken advantage of on a daily basis by clients who took no initiave whatsoever to take time and learn their new products before entering the store.

Most enjoybale part: Interacting face to face with hundreds of people day in and day out. With that, entering transactions that turned into transformations were a key area that I easily fell in love with. – less
Good Job.
Certified Small Device Technician (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 29, 2014
Good job but management needs to recognize their best people instead of the people who regurgitate corporate sayings and words.
Fun place to work and learn
Genius (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: free learning material, great benefits, good environment
Cons: very political
Apple is a great place to work for those looking to advance with a fast growing company. Even if you do not wish to move up with the company, you will gain so much knowledge, not only about the product but at a personal level too.
Nice place too work.
Rework Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: computers in break room was fun.
Cons: not enough lockers.
• Performed visual, mechanical inspections and function tests, such as audio, video, powering on/off, burn in including multi-tasking running various software applications etc, manually and using automatic test equipment
• Testing, troubleshooting, and repairing the iPads II, III, IV, iPad Mini and iMac computers down to board and modular level.
• Collected – more... technical data from the above incoming systems for Access solution to problems using Apple
• Computer Mac OS X and Windows base operating systems. – less
Stressful working from home and scheduling is horrible.
AppleCare At Home Advisor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, free apple branded products from employee enrichment (hats, coats, shirts, etc.), 25% discount on products and $250-$500 credit every 3 years to be used on apple hardware
Cons: work schedule, holidays are horrible and extremely busy, rude customers
Worked as an At Home Advisor in their CPU department for six months and then moved to WMM (Wireless Multimedia).

New schedules come out every 3-4 months and are based on your metrics including customer reviews, average call time, time between calls, etc. I always had great reviews except when calls would be transferred to me from other departments. – more... When customers are juggled around they don't forget it, even if you resolve their issues and they are satisfied with you they tend to leave you a bad review but complain about the other people that assisted them during the call. This WILL impact your work schedule and reviews by management. Other advisors find a way to upset the customers and then it falls on you to take the blame and hit on the review when the call is dropped in your lap through a blind transfer.

Your work hours can be any day of the week and between any of their business hours. This makes it extremely hard to plan things in your life. During the holidays and during new product releases you can forget about having a life. They require you to work mandatory overtime, period. Sometimes, like when they release new products and there isn't a fixed release date, they'll just spring mandatory overtime on you and may require you to work on your off days with no notice.

For me it was hard working from home due to having my children in the next room but not being able to interact with them and pretty much feeling isolated in my own home. It was also stressful not having physical interactions with people, customers and or coworkers.

There is nothing worse than having to tell a customer with a 4 year old macbook that you have to charge them $20 to help them reset their password that they've forgotten for some reason. Usually due to the fact that they've had auto login turned on and then some how turned it off by mistake. Or when Apple releases an update that causes their system to have kernel panics and not boot up. – less
Intelligent coworkers and competitive compensation
Back of House Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 26, 2014
Pros: part-time 401k, employee stock purchase plan
Cons: holiday season blackouts, mercurial schedule
For a part-time job, I was able to sustain myself while going to graduate school full-time, living comfortably in the city.
Great!
Retail Specialist (Former Employee), Germantown, TNMay 26, 2014
Apple treats everyone equally. There are several areas for advancement within the retail division and even the corporate areas.
The work place.
CSR REP (Former Employee), Southfield , mIMay 25, 2014
Apple was something that I was very excited to work at. The .environment was proven to be very unprofessional.
Amazing workplace
Part Time Specialist/Mentor (Current Employee), MAMay 22, 2014
Great place to work, with opportunities for advancement
I don't feel comfortable writing more in this review, as Apple is a pretty private company that doesn't share a lot of internal information and I respect the company's privacy.
Very Productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 21, 2014
Good learning experience, always busy and learning something new everyday
You can't help but love this job
Specialist (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: community, coworkers, management, benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons: advancement, going part-time to full-time
Despite the many various reviews from outsiders, this place really does believe in its product. The work they put into making the experience a pleasurable one for the customer is outstanding. The person that is responsible for the hiring criteria is a genius and it definitely encourages some unique and beautiful people to work alongside. It's an open, – more... trusting, and loving environment that truly encourages you to do your best at any & all times. They encourage you to have a life outside of work so as to come to work fulfilled and ready to enjoy another day, which helps out more than you can imagine. There is LOADS of training that you can take at any time, the benefits are great for anyone that enjoys Apple products, fitness, technology, uses public trans...the list goes on.

Because many people are trying to do the same thing you may be trying to do with advancement, it makes it a wee-bit harder to rise amongst the ranks. But persistence makes it possible. I've watched a few friends even make it to "Genius" from having never had technical training beforehand.

If I could've made it to full-time in a much more timely manner, I'd have never left this company. – less
Sales and a Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: incentives, discount on apple products
A typical day at Apple starts by talking to Apple customers about their Apple Products such as: iPhone, iPad, iMac.
My job was to direct these calls to the appropriate department and to also offer Applecare extended warranties which is a one time pay that covers the product 2-3 years. The Apple call center can be described as a very friendly, supportive – more... and productive environment. Management is always there to lend support and advice. One of the most enjoyable part of the job is helping frustrating customers. I was able to help with their problems and by the end of the call they are no longer upset. – less
It's retail
Specialist (Current Employee), Ardmore, PaMay 20, 2014
While you may be working for one of the world's leading technology firms, understand that from the perspective of your customers and your managers you are a retail employee.
good college job, not so much for grads
Specialist, Retail (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Apple when I first started nearly 3 years ago but since then the management has become sucker by the day. They micromanage and treat the sales team like children.
Coworkers are cool tho. Learned a lot from the training and from my peers. Not suitable job if you are a grad and need to make a decent living. Really good college – more... job. – less
Best Company So Far
Specialist (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMay 14, 2014
Phenomenal!! Everything that you would want in a company is covered!
Love working with the company
customer service representive (Former Employee), HoustonMay 14, 2014
Pros: love the training and the help from the other co workers
Cons: performance based on surveys only
I loved working or Apple the only thing that made me not give it 4 stars is the fact that they based your performance on surveys from customers that may not be returned.
Great
Business Team (Current Employee), Huntington NYMay 12, 2014
Apple has always been a great place to work. The best part about Apple would have to be the people.

About Apple

Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices – Read more