Apple

Apple Employer Reviews

apple
Lead Mac Genius (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: get to work with likeminded individuals
Cons: poor pay, poor hours
very poor compensation, very demanding hours. Management had expectations that were completely unreasonable. They timecard system works against itself, turnover is way to high and could be circumvented if management treated employes like adults and not high school students.
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: amazing company
Cons: retail hours are eh, but if thats the worst of it who cares
What an unbelievable company. I guess when you're tied with Exxon as the most profitable company in the world you can pull out all the stops.... and $350 BILLION a year pulls out a lot of stops. The employees are treated like royalty by the company, everything happens FAST. no typical red tape and bureaucracy... I worked at a brand new store and we – more... did the grand opening, but like a week before they realized all 150 employees' business cards were misprinted.... they had 1000 cards for EACH of us fixed in 2 days before we opened. thats rare. we would have employee meetings that would be fake, we would show up to find out that they rented out the local laser tag place for 2 hours for us as a surprise. Im reapplying now to work for them again. – less
Not bad
Lead Software/Solution Architect and Developer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: tons of work
Good. A lot of good work.
Learning, smart people.
Great Managers
Great co-workers
Great Team
Typical day - Busy
Lead Tech at TheMacExperience
APP, ACSP, ACMT, MIB and IOS technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2014
November 2012 I was appointed my current position as Lead Technician. Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.7/10.8. August 2011-The Greenwood MacExperiece become APSP. We become the only organization with two APSP stores in our region. This was accomplished primarily by myself as previous tech’s didn't reach this service level. During this – more... time, I was the only technician present at our location. Apple Certified Retina Display Technician. Apple Certified iPhone Technician. GSX Administrator. Proficient in API PIMS inventory and service level application. Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT). Apple Product Professional (APP). Sales Professional Recognition (SPR). Mac Integration Basics 10.7 (MIB). Lead Specialist. – less
It is an a good place to work at with positive minded people.
Apple Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, and 2 15min breaks, fun working environment, lots of knowledge based resource to back us up when solving issues.
It is an a good place to work at with positive minded people.
My coworkers are great people and we get along like if we're a big family. The hardest part of my job is to diagnose very complex issues with the software, but we have a big repertoire of resources and knowledge base articles to troubleshoot every problem, plus we have our supervisors/senior – more... advisors, and even computer engineers to solve a problem if it seems almost unsolvable.

We get three breaks and we have two cafeterias in the building. We are surrounded by restaurants and lots of businesses. With 1 hour lunch break we get to eat and do other things comfortably before we get back to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help people. Sometimes I get to save those pictures of someone that lost a family member and they thought those pictures and videos were lost together. I've taken care of very frustrated people and after talking to me they're so thankful and happy because I solved their problem.

I get people back to work, back to teach, back to do their college duties, and back to do the things they enjoy doing with their devices as quick as possible by solving their issues in a timely manner. – less
Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2014
As a specialist I use my ability of multi-tasking by doing either multiple transactions at a time or having multiple interactions while still making sure all customers are getting the correct experience in the store. My solutions for Macs and iOS devices have continuously met store requirements. I strive to not only learn the specifications of our Apple – more... products but to learn more about our essentials and accessories so that the complete solution is met every time, no matter which device is purchased. I’ve taken part in the Mentor, Loyalty, Business, and Visual team and have learned several different aspects of what it takes for the entire store to operate instead of just one specific area – less
My exp at Apple
Product/Project Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Apple is one of the best companies to work for. Gained Management as well as Technical skills at Apple. The best part of the part was learning cutting edge technologies. Hardest part of the job was offshore calls everyday in the night.
a great atmosphere of creativity
Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: get to teach new people things i've learned
Cons: short breaks
it was a great working experience, lots of fun & ne people every day
Great Culture
BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: weekend shifts.
The personal development at Apple is fantastic. I've grown so much in the past year. The pay is great and the people I work with are smart and team players. Great culture and great company.
Great People
Preservation & Operation Specialist/Store Mentor (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: low wages
Apple has managed to put together an ingenious matrix for hiring in its retail environment. I have had the privilege to work with some great people. I truly believe a happy workplace starts with happy people. I'm not sure what the protocol exactly is, but it is a beautiful thing. Having co-workers that are reliable, thoughtful and caring is something – more... that astonishes me daily. – less
Better than Retail
Genius (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: retail
Apple is a great place to work. Every day there are challenges to cope with that makes me stronger. I have learned how to tell customers bad news and good news. I have also learned how to work better with a team and to rely on others to get the job done correctly. During a typical day i see around 15 different customer with issues to their devices. – more... I have to figure what is causing the issue and try to fix it in a timely fashion. When there is a cause for a bigger issue or just a Major Customer service issue the management is there to help backup or help come up with a a creative solution. Apple is a fun place to work, – less
Material Handler/Trainer (Former Employee), 3011 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758January 31, 2014
Pros: work hours were excellent!
Cons: no advancement opportunity!
A typical day at work was start training new and existing employees for the department I was working for.
Ensure everyone had the necessary equipment to start their job without any complications.
I learned how to manage a team who was culturally and age diverse.
I learned how to communicate effectively with all management and team members.
The hardest – more... part of the job was trying to please everyone from team members to management knowing that I had no opportunity for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with such cultural diverse team. – less
Productive workplace!
At Home Advisor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: cool gear, game prizes, benefits, 401k
Cons: slightly lonely at home
The typical day for an At Home Advisor is waking up, going downstairs, cutting on the computer and signing in for work. I learned a great deal of patience as troubleshooting Apple products over the phone is not the easiest of tasks when dealing with customers who just want their product to work.

I had stellar managers who were very helpful and really – more... cared about my development as an AHA. We often would video chat and if I had a problem or a question they were only one call away. They work in teams, and all the team managers cared just as much as my personal ones did.

The hardest part of the job was telling a customer that they did not have coverage on the product they were calling about, and that ultimately, unless they paid a fee, I was not permitted to help them.

However, the most enjoyable part of the job was the community communication as there were often games, e-letters, and development opportunities sent out in which we had opportunities to win prizes and talk to higher management about moving to different positions in the company. – less
Productive and Family Atmosphere
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2014
I have worked many years in retail but I can truly say that this is the first company that I have truly felt totally welcomed and excepted with open arms. The work atmosphere is always up beat and friendly, and we all work as a team for a common goal.
great
Computer repair Technician (Current Employee), houstonJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great work but not meeting my salary.Looking for benefits then a average salary.
Very fun and innovative
Specialist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 30, 2014
It's an experience that you would have to participate in to fully understand.
Productive and fun workplace with snacks, and computers to check emails, or what not.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Excellent
Business Development Sales Manager/Trainer (Former Employee), Cupertino CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: i can't think of anything
Excellent place to work would work there again. Great benefits great pay and great culture
Unstable environment
Contract Customer Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 28, 2014
Work was contracted through Xerox. Job was unstable due to conflicts of interest between the companies in what is expected. Each company has their own legitimate and justifiable reasons from their perspective. They just don't blend well but have been working towards a decent middle ground.
DAY CARE HELP
DAY CARE (Current Employee), HARVEY ILJanuary 27, 2014
I HELP WITH DAY CARE SOMETIME. IM STILL IN SCHOOL . I LEARNED YOU NEED TO BE HELPFUL IM MANY WAYS.

About Apple

Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices – Read more