Apple
1,107 reviews

Apple Employer Reviews

Great company
Customer Service Specialist /iOS Technical Support (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 21, 2014
Worked there for about a year, management could use some work.
Wonderful place to work
SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 21, 2014
I absolutely loved working at Apple. One of the biggest perks is they give you the opportunity to try many different facets of the retail world very quickly. I was part of 5 different teams in the 3 and a half years I worked there, and it was simply because I asked.

Management can be hit or miss. I had some incredible managers, who were always out – more... to help their employees learn and improve, They also paired new employees with different more experienced associates to help see the different hats worn by different people.

Advancement is possible, however more often than not you would see people promoted because of favoritism, over more experience or longer tenure. That was also the down of some of the management staff. They picked their favorites and it was very hard to get in to their good graces otherwise. I have been told however that this is particular to the market I worked in, so it may be different outside of the chicagoland area.

Overall I would recommend working at apple if you are ever offered the chance. There is so much you can learn and so many different paths to take. – less
Nothing to add.
Mac Genius (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 20, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive growing company
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), cupertino, ca.June 19, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: parking
Great experience.
friendly environment
Meeting new people
gaining new experience
Strict With No Room For Advancement
Test Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: the only positive side was having weekends off and meeting new people.
Cons: can't talk much. no phones metal detectors. 30 min.lunch. hard to find parking. manditory ot
I had to commute to work, and carpool with a group of 5 other employees. All of us agreed that this job was just a stepping stone in order to find us a better opportunity. My shift was swing shift. I chose that shift because of the higher pay, but I would have preferred working mornings. Swing shift in any job I don't suggest doing unless you're single – more... with no kids and a girlfriend/wife. This was a contract job, where you were promised to have work for 1 year. Every 3 months if you were good with attendance and work, they would extend you. After 6 months passed from the time your contract ended for 1 year. You were allowed to come back, but I was extended twice, then while working my 2nd extension was laid off along with several other hundred employees. Was called back a few weeks later to come back, but they wanted me to work mornings and my 1 year wouldn't have started over. It would have carried on. I've learned a lot of things being there, only learning during our break times and lunch times because that's when we can talk, but a lot of employees talked to me about life in general and how they went from having a career to getting laid off and ending up in this job. The only enjoyable part was getting off work and meeting your co-workers. Management was not existent, they were more like security to you. – less
The Apple magic happens behind the scenes too!
Business Acquisitions / Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: working at the most admired brand.
Cons: opportunity to grow is a little slow but can happen if you work very hard at your development.
You will come to work everyday and meet some of the smartest people in the tech industry. They are not only helpful but are passionate about the products we make. Leadership is very solid and have great interest in the development of their people.
Hyper-Result Oriented
Head of Employee Systems (Former Employee), Cupertino,CAJune 17, 2014
Driving results are the highest priority. Culture is also important too.
Fun place to work, meeting a variety of different people
Certified Apple Teacher/Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
As a Creative a typical day of work is one where we teach customers as part of the One to One network how to use their compeers or software. In my case, I deal with not only basic Mac teaching and training but in Pro Software such as Final Cut Pro (v7 and X) and Aperture. We are taught to be patient and nurturing with the clients, since many are learning – more... the software or hardware for the very first time.

Coworkers are very supportive of one another in the One to One section and will seek out answers to questions for each other and give support as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients that you work with on an ongoing basis have that 'a-ha' moment, when all they have been trough comes together.

The hardest part, really, is when we cannot answer a question, or there is a technical glitch with a computer and we need to get them a genius appointment. We truly want them to have a great customer experience. – less
Family
Specialist (Current Employee), Danbury, CTJune 13, 2014
Apple is like a family, depending on location, and management team
Bright, uplifting, challenging
Project Manager - Operations Improvement Program (Current Employee), SunnyvaleJune 13, 2014
Great team, pushing to improve product, exceed customer expectations and redefine user experience.
Great job for a college student
Campus Representative (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: free computer, lots of room to do your own thing
Cons: not a lot of direction
I was the campus rep for a year at my university. If you do your job well, you get to keep your Apple-supplied computer, and they let you use an iPad throughout the year. It was pretty chill, my boss was great, and it paid a nice $10 an hour for not a lot of work.
The most fun in my life
Apple Certified Mac Technician (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 11, 2014
Working in Apple Retail is a double edged sword. You get to work with the coolest technology and the coolest people you will ever meet. However there is the downside of management.

The management in Apple Retail was initially top notch. The managers were not your orthodox retail managers, and understood what made Apple unique. Since the managers were – more... not the normal big-box variety they learned they could move on to bigger and better things. Eventually more typical retail manager would replace them and become more obsessive of their numbers and now to make Apple Retail like Toys-R-Us, Target, or Walmart.

Don't get me wrong I loved my time at Apple, and would love to go back and work as an engineer. However the retail management left a lot to be desired. – less
Great place overall, killer work pace
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2014
- Lots of new work
- Requires long hours to truly excel
- Great food and freebies
- No work/life balance
Awsome place to work
Technical Support / Sales (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 10, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: non
Completed Apple Technical Support Training Class Top of Class. Responsible for Technical Support of Apple Products providing assistance to consumers who are eligible for phone support. Sales
Exciting retail environment with room for growth and learning
Specialist, Creative, Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, Tx - WillowbrookJune 9, 2014
Apple is a great company to work for. They truly seek to take care of their employees and show them the path to achieve what they want from their position.

A typical day at work includes chatting with friendly customers about their prospective purchase, teaching them about Apple technology in one-on-ones or in a workshop setting, and generally seeking – more... to keep the store atmosphere fun and functional.

The management at Apple is stellar because the interview process is unique, personally tailored, and designed so that both parties learn as much about each other as possible. As a potential employee, you quickly feel comfortable that the store leaders are truly interested in making you a part of the team.

The hardest part of the job would have to be the high-volume product launches, however while they can be stressful, they are also very exciting and they give you an opportunity to get to know the most hardcore Apple customers out there.

Overall, Apple is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great retail experience. – less
Great Benefits
Apple Specialist (Current Employee), KentuckyJune 9, 2014
Pros: spring board
Cons: high stress
great place to work, high stress you are expected to see a large number of customers per day and are often working with 2 to 3 customers at a time. It is a great place to learn a skill you can take with you anywhere and aply.
Great and fun environment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJune 9, 2014
Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Work quickly and efficiently in a fast pace environment.
A lot of work...
FAMILY ROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), CAJune 9, 2014
Fun experience and would definitely recommend for college students looking to make some pretty good money while in school. Hard to advance.
Fast paced challenging environment.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 6, 2014
• Inspected items for any type of physical damage, checked if items were counterfeit.
• Entered serial numbers, part numbers, and product descriptions into database.
• Handled products with extreme caution, and repackaged them accordingly.
• Communicated with management, as procedures changed constantly.
• Adapted quickly to new policies.
BEST COMPANY EVER
Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJune 5, 2014
Pros: people! customers and coworkers, best people ever. awesome company perks and benefits
Cons: part time, growth is based on revenue
I was with Apple a little over a year as a part time specialist. The culture and enthusiasm are genuine and refreshing. It is an ever changing and fast paced environment.

About Apple

Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices – Read more