Apple Employee Reviews

Good Place
Mobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2017
Apple is a great company to work for. There hiring process is difficult, but worth the time. Their benefits are killer. Can't beat them. Would recommend to anyone.
Great and Fun!
POI Data Analyst (Portuguese/Spanish) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2017
As a contractor with Apple Inc., I was provided with on-the-job training. The recruiters were supportive, as well as managers. Loved working with co-workers.
good experience. fast paste good breaks good parking
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2017
horrible work experience. treated like dogs on a leash mostly because of lack of communication. hard to advance in opportunities. clean environment. good parking.
Pros
good food in lunch rooms
Cons
pay is bad and opportunity
Fun place
Tech Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 24, 2017
It was a fun atmosphere to work in. We stayed busy which made the work day go by quickly. I enjoyed the management as well as the management. I will love to go back and work for this company if given the opportunity.
Challenging but rewarding
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2017
This was a great opportunity to learn and push myself in a supportive environment. My supervisor seemed to care about my progress and provided opportunities to learn more.
Best Job Ever
Mac + AHA Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 23, 2017
This job, if taken seriously, was the best job I have ever had. The discounts were awesome, my co-workers were equally as awesome. My manager took the time to know what my goals were and gave opportunities for those goals to grow.

Awesome job.
Temp employees be warned...
Techn (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 23, 2017
If you are getting hired as a temp, please be aware that you probably won't get hired. 120 people started working and only 3 got hired permanent. It doesn't matter how hard you work... you prob won't get it.

Now if you're okay with wasting a year of your life here then you can expect a friendly environment with not too much drama or politics, as a temp basically your manager is always talking about you behind your back to the temp agency, but besides the managers... the employees are nice and everyone is friendly.

Also apple will give their employees the world, while the temps have to pick up all the slack and get nothing.

Expect the take back to back calls because it's always busy and they basically make you works crazy long hours and micro manage every aspect of your stats. Basically being a temp here is a joke. Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Free lunches: free snacks, friendly statf
Cons
Micro managing, temp employees are not cared about
Fast Paced and Stressful at times
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 23, 2017
Must be willing to constantly be ready to learn and work with customers that feel more entitled then they should be. Very fast paced and can be stressful at times with customer request and product knowledge. Must have strong verbal communication skills to succeed at the job. Team atmosphere with great employees and managers.
Exciting products, but they suck everything out of you.
Lead iPod Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 22, 2017
You have no life outside of work. Work is mundane and all it takes is one mistake for you to get into the dungeon. You will never get out of it. It's mostly CYA mindset.
Pros
Great produts
Cons
Poor management, long long working hours
A place where everyone can be who they are
Operations Expert (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 22, 2017
As a full-timer, I receive excellent benefits, and have had many opportunities to advance in my career with this company. They hire great people who are often talented in other ways (musicians, artists) and the workplace culture really focuses on instilling the concept of feedback. We are expected to be honest about our experience, and often its communicated right to our store leader (top of the ladder). This is an ever-changing job with new technology and hardware rolling out all the time, and flexibility, teamwork, and communication follow-through make it enjoyable for a retail position. Drawbacks include 9 hour workdays (1 hour lunch), alternating hours (8-5pm and 12-9pm in the same week), and sometimes the concept of feedback gets lost between intention and follow-through.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, paid sick time for part-timers, 401K and stock options for all employees
Cons
Long days (9 hours), alternating shifts, occasional overnight shifts
great company culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 22, 2017
always felt supported by my leadership team and had a great deal of faith in their ability to lead. lack of resources is rarely an issue. and it is usually easy to find an answer to a question.
Pros
great culture, brilliant teammates
Cons
Be prepared to take back to back calls all day.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 22, 2017
The work flow at AppleCare was simple, the structure was well laid out; however the training was terrible and pretty much set you up for failure. I was willing to do the work until I had an issue with leadership. You will be micromanaged. Overall, it was a pretty decent job, but paid at half the market value for similar work.
Pros
Free equipment, work from home
Cons
micromanagement, poor training, you have to like Apple Products.
Extremely fun and great place to work
Genius (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 21, 2017
From their training to the real work done on a day to day basis in the store there was never a time the experience was a boring one. They encourage us to have fun assisting and educating our customers. It is not a competitive environment but instead an environment that encourages team efforts and friendships with both fellow employers and customers from all different places in the world.
Pros
Fun and educating
Cons
no cons
College job
Adecco Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 20, 2017
I worked as a barista. I attended and served apple employees espresso. A customer service based job. Much Starbucks , same functions and roles. Professional environment.
Na
Business Analyst (WW Agreement Operations) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2017
I would much rather not saying anything specific. That is a conversation that should be held one on one, in a private type situation. 17 more letters.
Contract Production Designer
PRODUCTION DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 19, 2017
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such a high-esteemed company, but I can't deny that I've been left out of all the perks that full time employees have access to. Things like access to the gym, company events, working from home, having security clearance to work in the same building as their own team...I can honestly say contracting with Apple can feel demoralizing at times, if for no other reason than the color coated grey badge you get on your first day. The grey badge means you're a contractor.

It's also a very hush-hush environment. You do not ask others what they're working on, nor do you speak about what you're working on. Corporate espionage is Apple's number one concern. So it's the cubicle life, (the ones with the tallest walls) for most employees. Making friends here is rough, staying healthy (for those commuting to and from San Francisco down to Cupertino,) is also a struggle.

And forget about getting full time status. That's a very rare occassion.
Pros
You're working for Apple.
Cons
You pay for lunch, isolated work environment, no collaboration, ego
Contractor work at Apple
Maps QA Test Engineer Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 19, 2017
Working at Apple as a contractor is somewhat stressful. Managers tend to assign projects that are a little ambiguous. The instructions for these are very open. For the most part, new contractors will start with nothing and have to learn the infrastructure of how the system works. There is no pay for holidays off. The possibility of being converted to full time is very slim and many do not make it after their contract is up. Once a contract is up there is a three month break period before you can apply for another contracting position.
Pros
reasonable lunches
Cons
mandatory breaks for contract position
It'll put hair on your chest
HR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 19, 2017
You'll do your best work or you'll die trying. If you can withstand the pressure, the professionalism you hone is unparalleled. Management is tough but smart, office politics will brutalize you, but if you want to see and learn real talent, it's there.
Pros
It's extremely challenging
Cons
It's extremely challenging
decent company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
Apple is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time working there. It was always busy which in return made time go by faster. There were constant change in the leadership at this location but when they were their management was good.
Well, I worked for Apple...
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 18, 2017
The coolest thing about working for Apple was simply that... working for Apple. It's a retail job, nothing more. The Apple culture and the amazing folks that brings into your store is what keeps you working there. Unfortunately, I had a few managers that were seriously lacking, so I left after only a year... but the company as a whole is amazing. I have several life long friends because of my time with Apple and know a few people that even headed to Cupertino to work for corporate. It was a really cool year.
Pros
it's Apple
Cons
it's Apple

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2