Apple Employee Reviews

Found 2,518 reviews matching the search
The place you hate to love
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 10, 2017
I love working there but development and advancement is near impossible in a smaller location. Hire in at part time but will schedule full time hours if THEY need it but impossible to get if you want.
Pros
no pressure sales, team and employee focused
Cons
struggle for hours, no commission
Amazing Opportunity
GIS data analyst/ technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2017
This company is a melting pot of personality and innovation. Every day I had new projects to work on which made me feel valued as an employee and that i was gaining much needed experience in a short period of time.
Pros
solid experience
Cons
The non disclosure agreement and contract
Fun and diverse enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 19, 2016
Working at the Apple warehouse through a temp agency happened to be very fun despite the late hours. My hours were from 7 in the evening to somewhere around 3-4 in the morning. The company was EXTREMELY diverse which were one of the things i most liked while working there. The management were fair. They obviously followed the rules a great deal given the fact we were dealing with actual customer phones. I had a wonderful time working there. I only left because of the complications i was having with my pregnancy at the time.
Pros
Diverse enviornment
Cons
hours
Amazing company
Creaitve (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Company is absolutely amazing to work for, the skills that you develop as you are here, the people you meet. You meet so many different people every day and you really feel like you are enriching their lives. The hardest part of the job is probably when a customer loses important data like pictures of a loved one who passed away and you have to break the news.
Pros
work life balance, discounts, people i.e. customers and coworkers, training
Cons
sometimes it takes a while to advance
Thinking different in the workplace
APPLECARE INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Working for Apple requires me to be ready for change at any minute. Looking around corners and dealing with ambiguity are core values in my role. My co-workers are the most supportive and intelligent individuals I have ever worked with. We constantly push one another to think outside the box, and create innovative learning systems.

While I don't think this is a hard thing about the job, I would say that when in development, there is zero work-life balance. But dealing with tight deadlines is part of the job.
Great Company w/ Great Benefits
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 25, 2016
At this time Apple is still one of the world's leading companies. Working there, you really do feel the global impact the company has because customers and employees come from every background imaginable. The benefits are great, even for part time employees. However, progression in the company is nearly impossible. There is a lot of favoritism by management and it is difficult to be noticed.
Apple is a great Company
Mac Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 15, 2016
Have to love this company. It is a test of your intelligence, Technical aptitude and definitely people skills. If your looking for a feel good job that tests your limits this is the place. The people that you work with are great! They will become your second family. Benefits are second to none. And corporate knows exactly what they are doing and always have something in place to transition into whatever it is they are doing.
Pros
People
Cons
Work life balance is a little off
Apple Culture
Apple Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Demonstrated extensive knowledge in the products and services offered by Apple to provide the consumer with a complete solution which boosted overall store customer service goals.

Acted as a member of the setup team to develop customer relationships with the Apple culture.

Enriched lives by not just focusing on getting the highest sale but rather listening to the customer and their specific needs.

Frequently took on roles outside my job description when needed to help the overall business.

Inspired a whole new generation of Apple customers with training and support services.
Great culture, Fun place to work, Little room for growth.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 12, 2016
I had a good experience with Apple retail as a whole, but due to the lack of ability for advancement and full-time positions, I was unable to stay with the company. Benefits were good, stock purchase program was helpful, but the required hours of availability for even part-time employees was too much to handle for such a part-time commitment. Management made goals and criticisms clear, both constructive and non. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with team members and knowing you have resources on the floor to help you with any given situation if you need more information about a product or service offered by Apple. I would recommend if you are looking for a part-time job, but not as a full-time career as the available positions are few and far between.
Pros
Benefits, Stock plan, Discounts, Occasional free meals.
Cons
Breaks are monitored closely, shifts are sporadically scheduled.
Great place
Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJanuary 5, 2017
a good mall job but annoying during holiday season or before a new product launch and holidays and launches they always supply catered food for employees. Discount is decent and only once a few months you can swap shifts as long as it's covered
Pros
Being at the mall
Cons
Being at the mall
Great way to practice customer service
Apple Specialist, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 6, 2016
I received world-class, customer-service skills training while working with Apple, and became the top-selling employee. I conducted Beginner’s workshops for new and current Apple product owners seeking training to maximize their Apple experience.
Great work environment.
Senior Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Lovely benefits through third parties, generous discounts and mandatory advancement. At-Home Advisors can have trouble with work/life balance as your office is in home. For a young guy like me, my office is my room. All in one, lol. But amazing employer.
Ok for a start
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 29, 2016
job is ok for a start, long hours and not a lot of personal time but the pay is decent I suppose and you get used to it , it does get easy. However with policy changes and constant team switching its impossible almost to build a rapport with anyone or move up in mangement
Very nice campus
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Service area is very stressful and schedules will hinder your work life balance. Overall the campus is very nice, however compensation remains on the lower end of the scale in many roles. Great benefits and growth has appeared to slow down.
Great corporate culture
Agreement Admin At-Home Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Apple was a rewarding company to work for. The hours were difficult and they were inflexible in scheduling. I enjoyed learning about the needs of various customers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours, scheduling and lack of advancement opportunities
Wonderful place to work back then.
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont,Ca/Sacramento,CaDecember 31, 2016
This was the best job ever! Fantastic benefits wonderful mgrs to work with and work for!!!! All kinds of perks always! Fun parties! Great communication meetings with all sites! I loved this job!
Pros
Lots of free stuff
Cons
They had to downsize higher pd assoc had to go!
Fast paced and always learning more
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 11, 2016
I loved that Apple is always looking to better things. The environment is very fast paced and there is always new things to learn. One of the words that gets thrown around the most at Apple is ambiguity, for we are always kept on our toes both with our co-woerks, new processes and our customers. I loved that fact that there is no judgment on anyone and everyone is welcome.
Fun place to work!
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 23, 2016
Advancement is difficult but if you are persistent you can excel. There is a great discount for employee's and it's a super fun place to work! Very friendly staff and the management is extremely receptive to feedback as long as you are. Keep in mind though, you are getting paid to smile.
Great fun learning, and productive enviroment
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJanuary 2, 2017
Very great training program. I was also trained on how to troubleshoot Windows platform software, which was awesome, being that Windows software utilized Apple itunes software.
Pros
Great work inviroment
Cons
that I out grew the position
Great place to work and learn
Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Every day was different working at this Apple Store, and as a Concierge I was one of the busiest people in the store, making sure appointments ran on time and our guests were happy and taken care of by the Specialists (sales persons).
I learned many things in this role including how to manage people, maintain schedulings, answering phones, and developed my multitasking skills. I learned new things all the time and was always excited to go in to work- even when i had to be there at 6:30 am.
During my time at Apple, I was selected to be temporarily assigned to a different store in order to train their new concierge staff. At 19 I took this as a great honor as well as its recognition that I was doing my job well and my managers (as well as the district managers knew this).
Pros
Hard to define, I worked with great people who taught me so much, and coached me through any difficulties I ran into, and soon became one of the top Concierge in the Bay Area.
Cons
I had to leave to work on college.