AppleOne

AppleOne Employee Reviews

SC office a good place to work for.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 30, 2012
I worked for Appleone in Columbia, SC and had a good experience and worked with great people. They actually cared about you and worked to find you stuff. After taking a position that went permanent and I was there 4 yrs and 9 mths and was laid off due to the recession.
I have moved to Atlanta, GA and sign up with the Appleone there and have never heard a thing from them and after reading some reviews for these folks in Atlanta I am beginning to realize may not. They say they have jobs but no one gets placed so that is false adverstising in my eyes.
How is it that Appleone has a good office in SC but the one in GA doesn't do anything?
Pros
great co-workers, good job assignments in sc.
Cons
no response to phone calls and emails in ga.
The Fallacy of Temp Agaencies
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 24, 2015
- temp agencies are more concerned with their profit
- no loyalty to worker, just to the employer
- there is no guarantee you will get hired, even if you work work and have good ethics
- they lie to you because they themselves are sales people without integrity
- you can continue to work on assignment and never be hired and the only way you can get out is by quitting
- they will not help you find another assignment till you finish you current even if your current assignment is creating uncomfortable work environment
- at the end of the day you work hard so they get paid
- there is no concern for the employee only their clients
Pros
you do get paid
Cons
no benefits, no PTO, no guarantee for permanent positions
Very Supportive
Temp (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaJune 24, 2014
A typical work day was 8am to 5pm. Assisting customers with their Meci-Cal needs, such as changing their primary care physician to more complex jobs as reviewing referrals which were rejected. Sadly there was in most cases not much which could be done as Medi-Cal possibly did not cover the procedure, or there was something the Physician was not including.
The staff was awesome, TEAM is big with the assignment where I was and it made the most stressfull of jobs rewarding.
The hardest part of the job was relaying information which was not able to be done, however most rewarding to both the member, and myself, as the member was educated for future incidences.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
main base was a little far
Wish it was not seasonal
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachJune 22, 2014
This is a recruitment company and they had me working for a non profit organization as a Receptionist. I liked working for this place because it was fulfilling at the time.It was nice because I learned how a non profit organization works, and what it takes to get grants for the organization. It's a team effort and a lot of social work.They had events and my job as a Receptionist was to make sure I kept appointments on track, made documents and banners as instructed.Of course filing and getting minutes of meeting ready.I made sure to send out letters to donators and members of the organizations.I can't name which organization it was here but it was a nice experience.
Pros
satisfying work
Temporary staffing agency that does not keep up with their workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 9, 2013
I was called in to be a temporary worker at a class action lawsuit firm. My representative said she would have little trouble finding me steady work. After my assignment was over at the legal call center; it was like I dropped off the face of the earth. My employment representative quit and no one told me. I figured it out when the emails I sent her were forwarded to someone else. I have sent my resume to my new representative multiple times for job consideration and never got a reply. I have a Master's degree and they cannot find me steady work. Very frustrating!
Cons
unreliable schedule, termination of assignment on a moments notice
Great assignment and opportunity, with an outstanding company
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2012
This was a short term assignment, designed to set up operations and refine some of their standard operating procedures. The staff treated me like any other employee, and it was a great environment, and an even better organization. The CEO was my direct supervisor, and empowered me to make the decisions necessary to improve some of their problem areas. The hardest part of the position was the duration of the assignment, and the time limitations that were in place. Another great organization with a well developed management staff.
Pros
empowered to do what was necessary to improve operations.
Cons
short duration of assignment
Good job placement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2014
I was assigned to Valencia College Bookstore on the east side of town. I arrived at 7:00 a.m. to begin work along with other team members. We are assigned areas and begin to greet customers upon arrival, assist them with their selections, and cash them out with a greeting on departure. After all the customers have vacated the store we restock shelves,clean up, go on breaks, and sometimes I would help out with shipping and receiving. There is nothing hard about this job because everyone gets along with each other and enjoy helping one another. The managers are so kind and helpful. My most enjoyable moment is being apart of a team that involves everyone without any attitudes.
Pros
great pay
not one single interview
registered job seeker (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 9, 2012
I went to Apple One because they placed me 7 years ago into a temp-to-hire position that did turn into me being hired; stayed there 6 years but got laid off last year.

This time round, they haven't even obtained one interview for me and it's been a year. I am disgusted with them since I have more than 20 years experience. I even registered with their on-line status update. I have told them I will even take temp jobs but again haven't been sent to anything.

They told me to call about once a month. They rarely return my calls. I will admit I do badly on tests, and they require tests, but dang, I have 20+ years of experience in accounting, office manager, cashier!
Cons
lack of follow through
Great people, lots of drama.
AE (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 30, 2014
Lots of really great people to meet, lots to keep you busy, but you have to fight to survive---greatest competition is amongst your peers, sister branches, ancillary divisions (and not your actual industry competitors). This causes daily, weekly, consistent drama and dishonesty across business lines resulting in low employee morale and fear of losing your job for not meeting your sales numbers.

Best part of the job are the candidates you meet and the clients you develop lasting relationships with---that is, if you stick around long enough.
Pros
people, fast paced environment.
Cons
nepotism, poor managment, lack of ethics/dishonesty, high-turnover, no growth opportunities at branch-level.
Call Center REpresentative for Access Health Ct
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New York, NySeptember 24, 2014
Log onto the telephone, answer call, assist consumer whether it be to file an application, unlock an account or application status. While working with Access Health Ct, I learned the what the Affordable Care Act consist of, different health insurances that are offered and what is offered for Connecticut residents, Subsidies, the difference between an annual out of pocket max and Deductible. It was an okay working environment. The hardest part of the job was to complete service request, notes and appeals all while on the phone with the consumer. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people I met.
Cons
short breaks
Human Resources
human resources (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 17, 2015
Lacks integrity, follow up, and professionalism. When you call to inquire on your placement status, your met with disdain, rude, and irritated personal. Messages left are never returned, when asking for honest feedback, no response is rendered. Emails go unanswered, and no explanation is given. After several months of no placement, I'm only told, it's a tough job market. Yet, I never received calls for jobs. I even posted for jobs on their website, with no response. When inquiring why, I was informed that those jobs are outdated. Why would a placement agencies not up date it's available jobs? I see them change regularly.
Pros
Cons
Lacks professionalism, no follow up, rude
Fast Paced work enviornment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CaDecember 3, 2014
Working for T-systems through apple one was great. I would be in a fast paced environment which showed my multi-task skills. I would answer phones and at times I would be answering ranging from 100 to 106 calls per day. Although I would try and get my calls to be more than 106. In would answer emails during down time and process faxes that were sent to me by patients that had important documents to help with updating there accounts. My co workers were friendly and helpful and when they needed help they could count on me to help. I love to make a difference in someone's life and just knowing that I helped is the greatest reward in the world.
Wonderful guidance, great learning experience, multi-tasking to the max
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 14, 2012
My co-workers are excellent, management is always ready and willing to lend a hand and help you learn more, e-mails are never ending at hundreds a day, phone calls are never ending at dozens of tiny fires to put out, late days are normal, 8 hour days are rare, and the most enjoyable part of the job is about 5 minutes long, when you complete an implementation and get to cross it off your list.

Then right back to the grind stone! :)
Pros
flexible schedule, excellent management, very thorough training
Cons
no room for advancement, constant talk about people leaving company, no real job security
I would recommend Appleone they are very professional and really care about their clients.
Administrative Aid (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 23, 2014
Every assignment I got was great. I learned how to take inventory which I didn't know before. I worked for a great company. My co-workers where very professional and very nice. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience and meeting new people. They left me with very little supervision and I was able to accomplish a lot on my own. That to me was very satisfying.
Pros
i learned a lot and met new and interesting people.
Cons
the assignment was too short. i wish the job lasted a lot longer, but unfortunately it was temporary.
good company low pay and not completely honest about position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 18, 2016
get in early to start your computer so when its time to sign on you dont be late. i have learned some thing about claims of benefits that i have not had to know about since i have previously been on group plans. management is nice because they should be but they dont play fair. co-workers are great and the hardest part of the job is trying to stick the the set times they give you for breaks since its hard to get off the phone. the most enjoyable part of the job was when we had housrs before our start time to take overtime.
Pros
good company
Cons
break and lunch is so late the cafeteria is closed.
Productive Company In Seeking Jobs for Employees
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 11, 2013
I like Appleone Employment Agency because they had always tested me on my skills, and sent me out on various work assignments. At some of my work assignments I got a chance to utilize my skills and knowledge, and had an opportunity to learn more skills. Some of the supervisors and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part during some of my work assignments were multi-tasking, especially if I had a deadline to meet, but I took it as a challenge, and the most enjoyable part of the job is when the company treat everybody to lunch.....
Pros
free lunch, especially near the holidays
Cons
short lunch breaks, and no benefits
Productive Experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2014
Although I was contracted through an employment agency, it was a very great experience and productive. Everyday was productive and the most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with clients and partners. My co workers were great to work with and management was very motivating. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the quality of each contract and making sure everything was fully accurate.

I learned my time management a little more and to become more effective in my work ethics to continue to gain experience and recognition from upper management.
Pros
perks, discounts, overtime
Cons
short lunch breaks, pay rate
Good Communication and Support on the Job
Customer Service- Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 22, 2014
AppleOne has provided a variety of assignments in the time I have worked with them. For the most part the companies I have worked for are safe, have courteous employees and customers and generally have work which is challenging.

I enjoy customer interaction and feeling that my contributions help the company and the customer.

It can be a challenge being a contract employee if you do not receive adequate training or the support of the companies management and your co-workers. I have been very fortunate and have enjoyed the work I have performed for the companies AppleOne have placed me in.
Able to be productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Greeted patients, made sure demographics was updated, verified insurance. Pulled medical records if needed, collected co pays, performed drug testing and physicals, worked with the Doctors in surgery department if needed. Spoke to patient about result of test that was performed.
Being in Nursing is not an easy job but it is very rewarding, to also take one day at time. I worked with and had fun with my coworkers we made the atmosphere warm and inviting. The hardest part of the job not being able to help every one but knowing you did all you could. The must enjoyable being able to do it all over again
Pros
fun great people to work with
Temporary Project Administrative Assistant
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 15, 2015
AppleOne placed me with a wonderful client. I was given clear instruction, adequate supervision, and room for autonomy in how I carried out my tasks.

Management at the client where I was placed were kind, respectful, and professional. I was saddened when my temporary assignment ended.

Co-workers were most helpful and pleasant to work with. I felt very comfortable with the staff.

Overall I had a very positive experience with AppleOne and would recommend them to others.
Pros
Autonomy and freedom to accomplish my tasks in the way I felt best.
Cons
Insufficient amount of work to keep me busy.