Position Title: Restaurant Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant employees, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
- Restaurant Guests
- Area Team
- Senior Management
- Operations Management
- Unit Managers
- Hourly Employees
Measurements of Success:
- Front of the house (FOH) is fully staffed to par.
- All FOH employees are validated in appropriate positions.
- Gallup scores are increased.
- Overtime costs minimized by accurately projecting daily labor goals.
- Profits optimized by monitoring actual costs against ideal costs.
- Information is relayed to appropriate individuals in an accurate and timely manner.
- Increased retention of all FOH hourly employees.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage all areas of operations for a specific department within the FOH including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
- Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of FOH staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that the FOH is staffed for all shifts.
- Use the Selection process to interview all FOH hourly employees, ensuring employees hired meet Company standards.
- Staff, train and develop FOH hourly employees through orientations, ongoing feedback, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
- Perform liquor, wine and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
- Prepare end of shift reports including Daily Labor Control, Daily Food Control and Daily Sales.
- Directly supervise 20–30 FOH employees, and 2-5 trainers per shift.
- When acting as manager on duty, oversee restaurant operation with annual sales of $2 - 6+ million.
Indeed - 22 months ago