Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 5,681 reviews matching the search
fun fast paced enviroment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 23, 2017
when working with the right team the day flys by and you have a blast while also putting a smile on your customer's face. customers became family to each of us.
Applebee's
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 23, 2017
I worked for Applebee's for over five years. I worked at two different locations in two different state. My first location in Aurora, CO was a fast pace and fun environment. I enjoyed working at that store very much. My second location in Greenwood, IN was difficult to work for. Bad management and low working employees. Overall did enjoy working for them, but sadly was forced to leave the company after having bad experience.
Huge change from other location
Server (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDMarch 23, 2017
Great place to start out for college students. Laid back company, good job to start out waiting tables, fun work environment. I enjoy the customers and food is good.
Pros
Tips, break when you want, discounts on food
Cons
Minimum wage is 3.35, no pay check only tips, poor management, inconsistent tips
Neighborhood bar and grill
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 22, 2017
I learned how to serve and bartend at Applebees so most days were a learning experience! Management was very organized and staffed very well, kept a great team! It was a fairly fast paced restaurant. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system (before that I hadn't worked on a computer at a restaurant). Most enjoyable was the coworkers and the team atmosphere.
Pros
Great training program (especially for beginner servers)
The Place In General
Server (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 22, 2017
The business itself is very cliquey. If you're not friends with the management before you apply, you won't last. Very difficult place to work for, has a lot of drama.
Face Pace Always Working With A Smile
Host/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 22, 2017
Applebee's will always be one of my favorite places I worked. I loved everyone I worked with, there was absolutely zero drama. We were like a family, everyone respected each other.
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMarch 22, 2017
I really enjoy working for Applebees. Love the management team, love the staff. Opening shifts and closing shifts are enjoyable as well. Lots of interaction with guests. Mid shift however is not enjoyable. Hard work, on feet all day with little movement. Tough on the feet, back and neck. There are growth opportunities.
Pros
bonuses, meals, great environment
Cons
short breaks, on feet most of the day
Productive and a friendly environment to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at Applebee's is usually pretty easy going. I loved meeting new people that would enter the restaurant. I learned about the processes that go into making the food for the consumers. The management that I worked for were very friendly and personable employers. They knew how to run a business and be the leaders of my coworkers. The culture of the workplace varied, there were high school students, moms, and college students working. There weren't many hard parts during my work days at Applebee's, I suppose if a customer wasn't happy with the food or service we couldn't approach the person about the problem, we had to have a manager do that. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends in the workplace and also seeing the "regulars" as well as meeting new people come in and out of the restaurant.
Pros
Free Samples of the New menu foods
Productive workplace
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Applebee's and would not mind being employed through the company again. All of my managers would say that I was hard working and could easily balance my guests and sidework.
Pros
Inviting environment, left with great tips, met awesome new people
Cons
Very short breaks, no opportunity for me to advance
productive and a fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 21, 2017
I have been a cook for the last 20 years i am very passionate and good at what i . I have worked at R.P.I. college, where i was involved in many catering events and plated dinner's, i have also worked at Applebee's and Ruby Tuesdays.
awful work environment, poor management
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2017
Don't work for Applebee's. Ever. Don't eat there, either. My experience was not a good one. Management was unprofessional, work environment was hostile, upkeep was nonexistant.
Pros
Cons
everything
disgusting work environment
Server / Neighborhood Expert (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 21, 2017
I was thankful to have a job but I disliked working here very much. Place was always disgusting. No one ever cleaned up after themselves. Always left a mess for another coworker to clean up
ok place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  McComb, MSMarch 21, 2017
not enough hours given to employees there, not satisfied w scheduling changes, no benefits at for family man need job w benefits for family. not enough pay
My second home and family.
Server (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 21, 2017
Fun atmosphere and loved working there. The guests were fun to take care of and the teamwork was phenomenal. Best job and coworkers I could've asked for.
Pros
Half priced meals, free meal tickets
Cons
Late hours
Fun place with constant flow of people.
Applebee's Host (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2017
Hosting at Applebee's was fun for me for a time. I started working there after i had just turned 17, my junior year of high school. It was my first real job and i took it serious every day. Everyday was the same, in terms of the job, customer comes in, you seat them, clean their table when they're done. However the real catch in working with a restaurant, is the customers always a new face and a new strory.
Extremely Fun Work Place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 21, 2017
This is probably my favorite job I've had up to this point. The management staff was amazing they worked with you and always stood by their employees for everything. Everybody worked together as a team everyone helps each other out especially if an emergency came up or just to help out regardless of the situation. The job was rewarding and fun place to work for.
Pros
Flexible with Work
Cons
Short breaks
Standard Front of the House Job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 21, 2017
My work at Applebee's consisted of taking customers to there tables and getting their orders. It taught me to multitask and allowed me to train my memory.
See you tomorrow!
Server (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAMarch 21, 2017
The company wants to instill the "see you tomorrow" attitude within all guest relations to see the customer again soon. Applebee's allows workers and diners to become regular aquaintances.
Pros
half-off food
Cons
tip pooling, short breaks, rush hours
work for morbidly obese buffoons
cook (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJMarch 21, 2017
I have never encountered so many 400+ pound managers in a single location. rather than managing staff and expediting, they spent the whole day eating.
Pros
kitchen culture
Cons
ugly waitresses, waiters don't make salads or deserts, filthy building
Fun workplace with a lot of amazing people
Broil Cook (Current Employee) –  New Hudson, MIMarch 21, 2017
Love the cooking, and the food there is amazing and looks really great. It's a really clean and organized place. Love the people I work with and how good they are with vacations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9