Applebee's Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,685 reviews matching the search
it was a job great for in between.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 29, 2016
A typical day would start with everyone doing shift change which anyone who has to do a shift change in a restaurant knows it can be diffcult. when I first get to work i need to check the first bartender out, followed by label checks, and cuting the furit i need for the shift,while tacking care of guest and helping everyone else get set up for their shift. I learned how to mange my time between task and help other do their job. The best part of the job were the connections i made and the people i meant.
Pros
i cant say i had really any pros
Cons
no benfits, no ful time, no promotion
Fun Job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 29, 2016
Fun Job. Very good staff. Schedule Flexibility. Free lunch for workers (up to $8) a day. Cool Coworkers. ALOT of room for growth within the company.
Fun and lively work place
Sever (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 28, 2016
I would sever customers, clean up after them after they were finished eating, and keep my work station neat and clean. I would also have to help others with their work, put food orders together, and clean the food and drink stations if they needed it.
Had a lot of people of my age workimg with me so it was fun.
Server (Current Employee) –  Palmhurst, TXAugust 27, 2016
I was trained to greet the guest with respect. Always for help if it was needed. My managers were always attempting toward the staff. Most of the whole day was to ask for the order, put thru the computer, and then take the plates to the guest. The most complicating thing was the cleaning at night.
Pros
Free food Meeting new people
Cons
You will get out late
fun people
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 26, 2016
ever changing enviroment, possibilities for advancement, pay is good, hour can be long but time goes by fast, must be able to handle stress
pros
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2016
applebees is a wonderful place to work.co workers in albuquerque are a lot nicer I would go back to applebees for I did have a good expierence management is very helpfulin what you do and in customer service
If you are willing to do the work, you'll receive the benefits.
Server/ Daytime Bartender (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 25, 2016
I did enjoy my time at Applebee's. My coworkers were great, and we became like family. I learned very quickly, "you will get what you put in" as with most jobs. If you aren't self motivated to work, you will see the effects of that. If you work hard, and stay busy, you will enjoy your shift!! The hardest part of the job was during slower business, I was alone a lot, and had to give less than ideal service as I was needed multiple areas at once. The best part were my coworkers. I really learned to love them.
Pros
1/2 off meals during shift.
Cons
Minimal break times.
Not very busy. A pretty quiet work environment.
Cook/Dishwasher/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10607August 25, 2016
The Applebee's where I was employed wasn't busy at all during the weekdays. Not many people came there. However, on the weekends, the restaurant was packed with people. People were mostly at the bar, and watching sports on our TV's. I also maintained good relationships with my co-workers.
Pros
I was given free food at lunch and after my shift. I had good relationships with mt co-workers.
Cons
Not really busy, unless it was the weekend. Not enough hours being that it wasn't busy, also not enough pay.
Great place to work-if you had the right mind set
Server (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 25, 2016
Typically I would come to work, and have my first table within a few minutes, and stay busy until I left. I learned that I need to work on my ability to balance life outside of work with my attitude and requirements on the job.
I enjoy working with my co-workers and management and when we are not busy we clean i stay busy i like my job
back of the house trainer (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVAugust 25, 2016
I usually come in to work put on my proper attire clean my station stock my station. I learn how to keep calm under pressure keep my station clean have my food come out in a timely manner hot and ready for the customer to eat and presentable to the eye. I get along with my coworkers I encourage them to do their best if they need help I try to be there to help them why do my best all I ask is my fellow co-worker does his best with me nothing more nothing less training someone during peak hours and keeping calm so they stay calm and work on what they need to work on and the paperwork onset training. My favorite part of the day is when I have a compliment come back from the front of the house is saying that my steak went out perfectly that's the best burger I've ever had or my manager comes up to me and tells me I'm doing a great job keep it up I want my trainees tell me they appreciate how great of a trainer I am it just makes my day
Pros
Able to confide in my management
Cons
Not allowed to have drinks on line even if we are busy for hours
Fun staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 24, 2016
Coworkers were all great and made going into work a fun experience. It was a easy job and worked my way up to serving within a few months of starting as a carside to go expert and host. Pay was good for a server at a chain restaurant.
enjoyable
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 24, 2016
like working here cuse everybody got alone with everbody.management was at its best.my co-workers were alright at times.it was nice to work there for my second job.
Just No
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 24, 2016
Management was not good at all. Waitresses didnt do their job, so i had to pick up their slack without getting paid to do so.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks, Rude
Fast Workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 23, 2016
A typical day included running around and constantly doing things. The managers always stayed in the office and never really helped us out when we needed it.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short or no breaks, pay
Nice casual environment
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 22, 2016
Overall easy going environment. Half off apps were popular. Night time was a little stressful because of it. Enjoyed interacting with guest. Company going through growing pains.
Pros
Half off apps
Cons
Overall professionalism
Flexible, yet Fulfilling
Host (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 22, 2016
Working at Applebee's Bar & Grill has allowed me to emphasise my social skills, along with providing assistance to the disabled and impaired. Doing so has shown me my true self when it comes to problems and solutions.

Working with the staff allows me to cooperate and assist them as necessary, along with interacting with customers. Management can be rough, but for the most part, everything runs smoothly, as we keep in touch through text or by phone, rather than relying on a certain system or app. Never has there been a problem with other staves or managers.

The only difficult task about the job is to fully organise and manage time and number of customers, based on the business in the back versus the compactivity of the front of the restaurant. However, even that was not too difficult.

The most enjoyable, which was mentioned before, consists of assisting those in need, providing some small background entertainment, and even getting to interact with some of the customers. This has played a large role in my experience working at Applebee's.
Pros
Heavy Interactions, Flexible Hours
Cons
Unpredictable Off-Time
it was fun and i had a great experience
Busser (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 22, 2016
I only worked there for a few hours, my softball team was doing a fundraiser and Applebee's was hosting. All I did was clean off tables and give people drinks. I did not have a bad experience there
Pros
job experience
Cons
i tripped on the stairs
Best people, not so great workplace
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 22, 2016
I would have to say in the 5 years I work for Applebee's I met some of the hardest working and geniuene people. Unfortunately, it was a hard place to work. There was no balance between work and family. It would plug 60+ hours out of you, leaving no room for anything but work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
People are treated poorly
Applebees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAAugust 22, 2016
Great establishment to work at , great people , great environment. They have great food, amazing drinks and desert. I truly enjoyed working at Applebee's.
Pros
tips, working hard, free lunches, and dinner
Cons
short breaks, rush hours.
Fast paced environment
Line cook, prep, trainer (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 22, 2016
Overall the hours are there. But employees quit left and right which made it hard for the people!e that did want to stay. Manage t overall was pretty good and the food is good. Only change I would say is pick and choose the employees a little better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9