Applebee's Employee Reviews

Poor workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day included seating guests, bussing tables and anything else you were asked to do. I didn't really learn much from Applebees. There was not a most enjoyable part of the job.
Learned to manage time
Seasonal Hostess (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 23, 2018
A restaurant setting is fast pace and I learned that quickly. Twenty people can be waiting to be sitted and majority of your section is full. I had to work an method with my coworkers and assisting customers to their sits without overbearing things. Making sure everyone was taken care of by handing out menu, serving drinks, and keeping the areas clean.
Pros
Everyone working together.
Cons
There is none.
Good job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIFebruary 23, 2018
A typical work day was busy. I learned to be organized and clean. I thought the management was great. It was the messing around when people need to be working, That when we were slow I could take a quick break.
Productive workplace with tons of opportunities to move up.
Server (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 23, 2018
It is nice to work they have a friendly staff and many friendly faces. There are challenging times with a full restaurant but it teaches you time management.
Love the regulars and the customers. Managment at my location was bad.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Good place to work and make fast cash. You make the money that you put in honestly. The food is good. You can normally have a flexible schedule. It all comes down to who is running the location and whether they are a good leader/Manager because it makes all the difference of the work environment.
Pros
New friends good money
Cons
Hard work fast paced
Good Job overall
HOST/EXPO (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHFebruary 23, 2018
No complaints here, i enjoyed working in a restaurant and would go back to it any day of the week. It definitely isn't for everyone but restaurants were easy going for me.
Fun place to work at with high turnover
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2018
Applebee's is a fun place to work at if you enjoy making friends and having many types of people to keep you entertained at work. I made decent money while working there most of the time. They do perform favoritism though. They also have an extremely high turn over rate not only with hourly employees but management also.
Pros
Fun environment, good food.
Cons
High turnover rate, plays favorites.
Great place to learn new skills.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 23, 2018
At Applebee's I would have to help other cooks out when needed, prepare and cook the food for the customers, and clean the whole back room whenever I had time to spare. I learned a lot here such as how to cook, change the oil for a fryer, how to prepare food for the next shift, and how to work very fast.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
When you have to run all three parts of the line.
Too much going on
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2018
Applebee’s was a great starting job as a college student. Easy money and I was able to get the hours and time off when need be. However, management went down hill. None of the managers were consistent and in my eyes not all of them were the absolute best fit for the position. Lack of communication and authority.
Food was good
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHFebruary 22, 2018
I cooked food daily and still ate their food because it was good and I liked creating my own recipes to take home. Hopefully this is close to enough characters to move on...yup
Good company
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Good company to work for with decent pay. As a manager it can be tough sometimes but that comes with the industry and especially when it's one of the top 2 grossing restaurants in Georgia
Pros
Busy
Cons
Compensation
Management needs work
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2018
Some truly difficult people to work with in terms of management. Worked 12+ your shifts as a waiter, Never got a break. Not the most sanitary eatery. Nice workers.
Pros
A lot of food
workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2018
work place environment was ok just the customers also wanted to try to get free food any kind of way and the manager got mad about that and also told employees they wasn't going to make it there long.
Pros
Cons
hard work minamal pay
Working hard at a fast pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Typically spend about 50-55 hours a week working on various projects sent down from higher level. In the mean time, working the kitchen while taking care of your guests out front at the same time. Have to be able to be in multiple spots at the same time.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Lots of work to receive Pros
Promotion
SERVICE/BAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILFebruary 22, 2018
I greatly enjoyed working for this company. I had worked there for approximately 10 years and worked my way up through the ranks from Server, Bartender, Expert, to management. I miss everyone I used to work with.
fun at first but get stressful as you move on
Dishwasher/Line Cook/prep/janitoral (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYFebruary 22, 2018
most times you never know what your day is doing to consist of learned how to make everything they have on the menu, management worked with some of the best some of which made my job fun some made it really stressful, doing everything alone even on a busy night and day, the most enjoyable part of working for the company was i made friends with most of my coworkers and we came out like a family
Pros
had some fun employees to work with
Cons
too stressful, broken promisses, not garenteed raises
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my experience at Applebees. My team was fair and hardworking. The work was stressful at times but easily completed through a unified team effort
fast work pace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCFebruary 21, 2018
It's a fine place to work, although not my favorite. The managers play favorites a lot, but as a server, you can make more than you would at an hourly entry-level job. It just comes with a lot more stress.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Applebee's was a fun, casual place to work. I really enjoyed working in the bar and lounge. I enjoyed the best coworkers anyone could ask for. There is learned to love being a server.
Great for high school students
Lead server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Great money for someone in high school. Depending on the location, it can be pretty great money. In west Memphis, AR, I was making about $130 a night.. at the janaf location in Norfolk, VA, I was walking out with about $50-$60. At the kempsville location in VA Beach, it's easy to walk out with over $100.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K