Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 6,887 reviews matching the search
It was and is a fun and motivative environment to work in
Applebee's Server (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2017
I love the people so friendly all smiles i also like meeting new faces and hearing new names lol yes just communicating with the people is overwhelming sometimes not in a bad way but a good one also the cooks are great and very patient i just love the environment
Pros
Learning new languages also new things and meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes it does get up tempo and, sometimes tempers do flare, however its what comes after all of that.you also, might have your days where someone had a bad day before work .
Great Job
General Manager/ Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 22, 2017
Started as a line cook and worked my way to Director of Operations. It thought me many things about the restaurant business as well as about myself personally.
clean store
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
Was one of my first jobs serving and host so i was a rookie .made my mistakes learned from them.trained myself basically but was a good experience most of all .maybe worked at applebees 3 times since then
Employees were amazing, company fails at training and support of management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 21, 2017
Training program would work if followed. They will promote, but not given the tools necessary to be successful. Pay scale is not sufficient for what the job demands. Fails to balance quality of life between work and home. Not all company rules are applied to every situtations, it is applied to various individuals as they deem fit. You are exspected to make labor goals by whatever means necessary, you are never truely able to manage due to working hourly positions on a daily basis.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Managers are not given proper training or support from upper management.
Its a good work envierment
To go / carside (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2017
Easy work good employees
Fast paste good money good food good vibes you meet new people all the time we work as a team we are a team

Team work makes the Dream work
Pros
Discounted food
great work experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJuly 21, 2017
really enjoyed the company and team I worked with. everyone worked well with one another, helped maintain a positive and clean work environment. great company
Pros
schedule
Cons
location
Roaches
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSJuly 21, 2017
This place was roach infested. The managers showed favortism. I never got a money making section. They kept me in slow sections. They wouldnt enforce side work to certain people
Ok place
Server (Former Employee) –  Euatis, FloridaJuly 21, 2017
Management is not very friendly. Couldn't get paycheck for 3 pay periods. Corporate could never answer any questions. Training was rushed. Bartenders were few and had too many responsibilities which in turn the servers suffered in tips BC of long wait times on drinks. Not a fun atmosphere. GM was not friendly.
Money Money Money
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2017
Applebees serving or bartending makes good money
its fast paced and gets very heavy in volume every day of the week
management usually isn't the best but they will work with you if you work hard for them
Pros
money!
Hard work is oftern overlooked
Hostess/greeter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 21, 2017
The management has been completely replaced since I last worked there. However my time there was not so great. Very unprofessional management did not care about their employees, had their favorites they would let get away with anything.
Great starting job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 20, 2017
A great starting job for anyone wanting to be a server. Managing staff while I was there was good. Discount was alright, biggest issue was overscheduling
Pros
Good sized sections, can be very fast paced
Cons
can be very slow in the summer
Bad with training
Host (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 20, 2017
I felt like they made me a failure by working there and going through training I felt like it didn't match me at all and they made me feel bad for failing training.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJuly 20, 2017
Very productive environment. Very past pace work place. Can be stressful due to the laziness presented. I loved working here. It was my home for 4 years, nearly. I enjoyed the friendship that were made and the relationship made with clients.
Stressful and quick paced
Host (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 20, 2017
Applebee's has poor management and they are always understaffed. So in turn they are never prepared, you don't get to have a life they will keep there from open to close even if you are sick throwing up in the bathroom.
Pros
I got a employee discount on food
Cons
Place was never prepared
N/a
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 20, 2017
No structure in management and favoritism. Loved my customers though. It would be a great first job for someone in high school. Restaurant was very clean.
Fun atmosphere but typical corporate chain.
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 19, 2017
The atmosphere in the FOH is great, and its a fun place to work. As in most corporate chains, its all about the numbers and hitting goals. Overall a B+ place to work.
waitress
Host/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJuly 19, 2017
Served guests food and drinks,very fast paced environment. I love to multitask so very enjoyable to please guest great food and drink. had to prep food and expedite, used computers to enter orders had to work as a team to succeed.
Pros
tips
Cons
short hour, inconsistent shifts
Vary understand
Server/Bartender server (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 19, 2017
Need more hours need more people good management good people for the most part clean place can be fast past but has it slow moments over all good place to work for your first job and more
Pros
Felxiable
Cons
More hours
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJuly 19, 2017
I was able to work through an easier time of school and was allowed to take the time off needed for my personal wedding and when I knew that I needed to focus more at school management was sad to see me go, but they were extremely understanding and supportive.
Uneven-paced work with easily stressed coworkers and customers
Carside to go (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 19, 2017
Not for the shy, those with anxiety or depression, or with high blood pressure. Hours changed frequently and randomly, shifts varied by week, and managers were often unaware of actions taken by each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9