Applebee's Employee Reviews

Found 6,019 reviews matching the search
interesting to say the least
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 21, 2017
Clean store, management needs improvement on backing up their staff. Staff is amazing and not nearly recognized for their efforts in customer service.
terrible place to work
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIApril 21, 2017
Greenville Applebees is a terrible place to work, being that the Managers have favorites who can get away with anything and if you are not one of them and you make a mistake you will be fired on the spot and it is highly stressful because that. you work long hours and you are never guaranteed to get a break even if you work 13 hours straight.
I like it
Server (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 20, 2017
It's was very hard at first but very easy to get the hang of ...It's pretty awesome being able to interact with all the customers that comes in ... But can get a little over whelmed on an occasion r the weekend.. but it's manageable
Very great Teamwork !
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYApril 20, 2017
Felt very comfortable from my first day of training and everyday so forthcoming. I'm a very fast leaner so training seemed to b very easy for me and if I did need help other co workers were definitely willing to help. Got to step up and learn a new position as a server to help me make more money as well
Enjoyable environment and a motivating management!
Server (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 20, 2017
Working for Applebee's was one of my favorite jobs! The management is phenomenal and the customers are very sweet. The staff is amazingly friendly and they work hard! Xoxo Rayna
Great advancement opportunities
Key Holder, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 20, 2017
Started at 16 as a hostess and worked for the company for 5 years! Moved up to a server, bartender, and eventually a key holder. This company was initially what made me choose to pursue a degree a hospitality.
Fun workplace
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2017
Managers were awesome, pay sucked. Expect to work weekends obviously since it is a restaurant. Weeknights expect next to nothing during the slow months. Typical waitress salary.
Its not to bad ..
Server (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIApril 20, 2017
Schedules can be flexible and money is good . But so much drama from other servers ...some are down right nasty and treat new employees horrible and management allows it because they are party buddies .
Cons
Nasty staff
Fun, I just didn't like serving, wasn't a fit for me.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXApril 20, 2017
I would take orders, deliver drinks and food to all kinds of customers. I did not enjoy this job, that is why I was only there for 6 months. Overall, I enjoyed the company, not the job itself.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Bad paY
A Strong Brand
Host (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 19, 2017
Everything varied - some days you loved your job, other days you couldn't wait to clock out. Hosting did provide me with an opportunity to learn people skills, so I can't complain, as it's served me well in life.
Managment needs to communicate better and help employees
Expo (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 19, 2017
I had a good experience there overall but, half of the managers did not help when they needed to, lots of drama and picking favorites. would not work there again if certain managers were still there.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good people, moderately busy
Cons
Drama, lazy managers, no communication
Co-workers don't know how to work as a team but there's good food and service.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NE2April 19, 2017
It's a great place to work if you're in high school or just getting out of high school. But when you have to pay rent and have a baby to take care of, you won't make enough or get enough hours.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
No teamwork.
Subway review
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking in and waiting for guests to arrive. I was a hostess so i had to sit the customers and inform them of specials, drinks and certain foods that were combined with an offer. If we had a giveaways to raffles i would ask customers to willingly participate. I learned how seating arrangements work for the customers. The management is excellent, and motivating. The workplace culture is supporting and ensuring. The hardest part of the job would be seating. it can get very hectic at Applebee's and you have to keep the guests and waiters/waitresses in mind and not to double seat them and make their job more stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job is of course the people. You get to learn peoples faces who come in everyday and a certain time. Also, the managers, who push you to succeed and praise you when you are doing exceptional.
Pros
discounts, people, management
Cons
healthcare.
Nice people but unreliable
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 19, 2017
The management was incompetent at times, along with 90% of the workers. The people were nice, most of the time. They were friendly to almost all customers. I feel as if i was the only to actually take my work seriously. People were constantly late, even management.
Super fun place to work
Lead Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48601April 19, 2017
Made life long friends that I worked with and waited on. Advanced rather quickly from a server, to being a server trainer, and then a bartender. Great place to work for quick cash.
Well balanced and fast paced environment
Broil Cook (Current Employee) –  Pekin, IL 61554April 19, 2017
I am the regular broil grill closer, which includes cooking short order food orders, daily prep work, breaking down and sanitizing of my station, and washing dishes. It is a very demanding job, but the friendly environment makes up for the daily stress.
Pros
Entertaining work environment
Cons
Heathcare, late nights
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIApril 19, 2017
I lived working here. It was delightful it was flexible, management cared and work with its crew to make for a overall easy place to work and easy to advance
My husband and father had just passed away and I was looking for any kind of work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 19, 2017
I never had any restaurant experience. I was not making enough money. There were not enough hours for the restaurant manager to give me. I was only working 15 to 20 hours per week.
They completely suck
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 19, 2017
The managers are horrible. They don't work with you. Hours are very low. They don't have no benefits at all, and if they do the benefits are expensive
Fun and Active Work Environment
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAApril 18, 2017
Applebee's is the place to work if you enjoy team work, food, and sports together. This restaurant is one of the best sports themed restaurants to work in. Its very productive and fast paced (particularly during busy hours or important games) It is very fun and very interactive, whether you work there or are a guest there.
Pros
Free Lunches, discounts
Cons
encounter disruptive guests at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applebee's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9