applebees Employee Reviews

Having efficient with strong interpersonal and coaching skills prior work in busy hotel and Casual-dining restaurants. Organized and independent worke
commis chef/linecook (Current Employee) –  uaeAugust 28, 2015
 Organizing shift in the section with regard to mis-en-place production and its service.
 Give tasks to all line cooks, hot and cold prep and check that they are carried out in the correct manner based on our standard operational procedure.
 Write food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of our General Manager in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section to supply all needed for the whole shift.
 Receiving deliveries and check the quantity and quality of items.
 Maintain good colleague’s relations and providing motivational feedback to keep going.
 Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
Pros
free meal
Cons
healthcare
Fun place
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work. Customers were great and employees were fun. I enjoyed working each day in a fast paced work place. I still have friends that work there.
Fun, Outgoing place to work.
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 25, 2015
The job worked pretty good around my schedule. Overall the job was for a younger crowed, it was fun but chaotic. I liked the job, but their management team was lazy and unprofessional.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
working for only tips.
interesting
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Jackson,MichiganAugust 25, 2015
fast paced,fun entertaining..besides changing management 3 times in 2 years.The management made everyday stressful.But in all I enjoyed working there.
Alright place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  columbus, gaAugust 24, 2015
Working at applebees is alright. The applebees I worked at would always run out of clean cups and ramekins. People always called in and showed up late. The managers were good, but sometimes they acted like they didnt care. The guests that come to this applebees do not bother tipping as there is a lot of cheap items on the menu.
Was a productive workplace to work in with great music and great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 22, 2015
I was more often than not the opener for the servers....I learned much from my time at applebees including amazing people skills. Enjoyed my coworkers got along with everyone from cooks, servers and management.....The hardest part of the job was when the rare occassion i got overwhelmed with over the maxinum number of tables which is 5 sometimes i would end up with 10+ tables
Pros
half off employee meals
Cons
no healthcare no benefits no direct deposit
work
line cook (Current Employee) –  clioAugust 16, 2015
Its a place to work and their is no complaints here with me. it cool place to be. face pace what i like not to much down time while a work
Good Company
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAAugust 13, 2015
Very tough company to work for but enjoyed my time there. Applebee's holds management and hourly employees to a very high standard.
Pros
good hours and benefits
Overall...a good position
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Clemmons, NCAugust 13, 2015
Overall...this is a good company. The late night hours and consecutive days were truly a terrible downfall. The upper level management were not on the same page. It's very hard for people who sit in an office to be able to direct others that are actually in the field without ever have set foot in the field.
Good day at Applebees
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSAugust 10, 2015
Walking into Applebees as an employee is a job in itself. You come straight in and get to work. Just like any other job your managers and co-workers are to your liking depending on their personalities. It is a good experience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
work space
very challanging very fun never know what to expect
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Arvada co 80002August 10, 2015
I love the food they serve and the environment is very friendly its a good job with some good opportunities. Its very fast paced and hot work standing in the heat all day over a hot stove.
Pros
Free lunches are a plus
Cons
rarely get hours cant pay your bills all the time
Met great people.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 9, 2015
Most enjoyable part about working for Applebees were the people I had the privledge of working with. Learned how to work in a fast paced environment effectively.
The job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 8, 2015
The typical work day involed me coming in, clocking in and going to the front door to great people and seat them as well. My co-workers were very nice and very helpful. The management was very resourceful and helping as well. The hardest part of the job was friday and saturday nights when it would get busy and there would be a waiting list of people to seat. But we always had it under control. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the different kinds of people you got to meet and interact with.
Hard job
Prep cook, Fry Line, Flat Gril and salads (Former Employee) –  destinAugust 8, 2015
Hard job.
Summer weekend, very busy and I worked By mylsef in prep food.
Very crazy kitchen
Allways we work with a short employee and keep hard schedule .
Pros
sorry....
Cons
shorts breaks
fun place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIAugust 8, 2015
more fun happened then work and they laid me off without notice after 2 and a half months. they knew what they were doing when it came down to it
Pros
free meal
Cons
no breaks
reaaly fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  covington vaAugust 7, 2015
family oriented
i learned how to make drinks
prep
i was able to be promoted very quickly
i got along with mostly everyone
id work there again in different location
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
AGM (Current Employee) –  ARLINGTON TXAugust 4, 2015
JSUT TO KEEP EMPLOYEES MOTAVATED, WHEN ITS SLOW YOU HAVE TO STILL HAVE TO ENJOY WHAT YOU DO, AS IF IT WAS A BUSY DAY, BECAUSE IF YOU TREAT PEOPLE NICE THEY WILL LEAVE YOU A BIGGER TIP, IF YOU TREAT THEM WRONG THEY WILL LEAVE YOU WITH NOTHING. SO OVERALL ALSO HAVE A SMILE AND BE NICE TO THE GUEST NO MATTER WHAT.
Pros
ON VETERANS DAY WE FEED ALL THE VETERANS FREE
WHAT I LEARNED
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLAugust 4, 2015
I LEARNED HOW TO MULTI TASK AT A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. I LOVED CLOSING AT 2 AM. WITH ONLY ONE OTHER PERSON. IT GAVE US JOB SECURITY BECAUSE WE WERE ABLE TO HANDEL THE WORK LOAD
Pros
GREAT MANAGERS
Cons
LOW PAY
Fun place to work at
Server/Hostess/carside/food exp and trainer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJuly 31, 2015
Everyone that worked at Applebee's were really close and like family. There was a morning shift crew and night shift crew. When we had busy days like Valentines day, Veterans Day, Mother's and Father's Day we would get a Lunch in the next day to show appreciation. We also had Holiday Company Parties every year.
Pros
Holiday Parties
Cons
No breaks
A very detail oriented company
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 30, 2015
Working for Applebee's was a great experience, they were willing to teach new things with no hesitation,ex. i went from being a dishwasher to doing inventory and shift leading in a short amount of time. The management staff was amazing and all very helpful.
Pros
great learning expreince
Cons
N/A