applebees

applebees Employer Reviews

easy job
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: there is always contests every month. sum prizes are $200
great place to work at and make great money!
you will love it!!!!
Working with customers and communicating with new people every day i loved
Server (Current Employee), Liberty MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals on the clock
Cons: not very good benefits as a server
The management can be much better, but my co workers are awesome! Hardest part of the job is people leaving unhappy. A typical day at work is always about making the customer satisfied. I have learned from serving that a lot of things aren't always perfect and not every person is going to leave satisfied. The most enjoyable part is the work environment and putting smiles on families faces.
productive and fun
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the staff, the customers and the people you meet, and the food is wonderful.
Cons: poor discounts on food and poor benefits. late nights and long shifts
A typical day is always fun and full of surprises. You never know who you're going to meet. There is always a new face to invite back and a conversation to be made. I have met a lot of people in the past 7 years with this company and made a lot of life long friends. I have met all different types of people and families that come back because they always have a wonderful dining experience. I have learned many things from management and have had great mentors myself along the way. The hardest part of my job is when I have a unpleased customer, however there is a solution to every problem. I enjoy a good challenge and I like to keep a positive atmosphere around me. I have had a all around good experience with this job and company.
Demanding
Line Cook (Former Employee), jacksonvilleJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch. good people
Cons: cant take food come
Workload is demanding. Often short staff, but the management team specifically the General Manager is really nice. Good person to work for
waiter
Trainer and Head Server (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: working in food and bev
waited tables.. liked co-works.. hardest part of the job was dealing with some customer's..
Fun place to work
Expo (Former Employee), Eureka CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals while youre on shift
Cons: the pay is not alot
Its a good part time job If you're going to school. Most of the people I worked with were fun and easy to be around. Most employees seemed to like the management, including myself.
Hard fast paced stressful work environment
Neighborhood Expert (Current Employee), Tooele, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: cash everyday
Cons: environment, stress, no benifits
I loved working but it wasn't consistent money or hours. Sometimes the coworkers get frustrated and fight. Working in a restaurant is very different than any other job.
Applebees
Server (Former Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day would consist of constant customer service with a great attitude. I have learned a lot from this job, and by that, I have came out of my comfort zone and I quit being so shy all the time. The hardest part of that job was when I first started working there in that fast of paced environment, after I got the gist of it I immediately started getting better at it. So I would have to say I am a fast learner and a very hard worker.
enjoyed the pace and people
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: people/ employees
Cons: no breaks
Walking in with good attitude. clean and prompt ready to go. working with others being a communicator and sticking with what i was taught. Makes me know my job and for the others to rely on me to get it done or the food out is what my responsibility and pic. perfect.watching videos can help but it is more than that for me is to work with hands on. telling me sure can work but showing me is where i Excel. Management is where i feel that it is sometimes good to keep your mouth shut as for the underdog. management is where people with issues wouldc want to speak with. Applebees i didnt feel like the experience that was given to our store manager took on the responsibilty as serious as they should have. Hardest work was after i was off walking in the cold.. After dish pit. The people and employees is what made my job fun. i very much enjoyed the Back Of the house..l
relaxation
Host (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the day is when we are laughing and joking together at the end of the shift.
fun environment
Waitress (Former Employee), Hastings, MNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: half off food
Cons: horrible managers
i loved my job until we got a new head manager, everything went down hill, couldn't have fun ( theres always time to have fun and mean business too ) had regulars that came in, made great money, good food, always drama, never hired responsible people
Fun place to work while keeping it professional
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), manchester nhJanuary 11, 2015
Very good company to work for. Learned how to deal with different types of people. Typical day at work would be either serving on the floor or bartending on top of helping my co workers.
fun environment to work around
Bartender (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: money towards you meals
Cons: short breaks
Ive progressed from serving to bartending in a short period of time. i deal with many customers on a daily basis. At the bar you directly work with someone and it can be difficult to keep up with each others pace of work. The hardest part of the job is time management, to really have to have a good sense of awareness.
cook
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Beckley, WVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good peple to work for
Cons: not enough pay
great place to work and eat come in and made sure everthing was ready for the day prep clean
Very open minded staff and mangement excellent training.
Regional Trainer (Former Employee), Signal Hill CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great management, thourough training.
Cons: scarce breaks long hours.
I held my job with Applebees for nine years. I began in the dishroom and quickly advanced within the compnay. Hardwork and good work ethic are not unnoticed. You are graded on everything from appearance to speed to plate presentation. Despite all the areas you are graded in you can still advance all you have to do is be dedicated
Fun and exciting workplace
Middle Cook (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJanuary 9, 2015
people were great and the food was awesome!! Would work here again in a heartbeat
needs help
Line Cook/Prep; hostess; and cleaner (Former Employee), Hastings, MIJanuary 6, 2015
they have some people that are good about the boss are not very good at what there doing they relive on two people there a lot and when they get people that are doing good they can't keep them do to the fact they tell them that they have no hours for them and they work some people over a lot and they don't deserver it at all they have people working there that worked there longer then me and did know as much as I did they would come to me for help. I did understand that put when you start working with them you can see why they have people doing half there job. They have one good manager and its not the mean manager he just runs around looking like he's doing something but going out side for a smoke after15 min is not really doing something. The one that is good that he job is the one that we stop you and help you lean something new and show you the right way to do something just to make sure that the job is done right and I wish that he was the big boss that place would be so much batter off.
It was just a great place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 3, 2015
The people that work there were great and the money was pretty good also
Underpaid
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 10$ in free food
Cons: underpaid, under valued, under appreciated for performance.
Everyday was repetitive, easy work for me, i like staying busy, most of the time my main priorities were cooking food, and second priority being prepping food, third priority being cleaning. After a year here i was the most efficient employee on the line, but treated and paid like a slacker, or a new person. This job was not hard for me at all.
Entergetic atmospher
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Applebee's provides a great experience for learning how to interact with other people of different cultures. Weather you are hosting, serving, bartending or working in the back you get a full taste of learning. There is always opportunity to cross train and management works well with scheduling needs, especially for college students.

1 2 3 4 5