Appleby Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Corporate Administrator/Finance Deptartment (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for Appleby Systems, Inc for 26 years now. This job has allowed me to use all of the many skills I acquired before starting, as part of the Corporate Administration Team. I enjoy working with every department within the company. Many of the employees have longevity of 10+ years some even 30+ years. As a company we are a family and together help one another outside of the work place. We have a company picnic in the summer and company Christmas party every year to get together as a work place family.
Pros
Monthly Bonus, Medical, Dental, Eye and Life Insurance. Vacation & PTO Days
Cons
None that I can think of
You will get out what you put in
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
Appleby is an established company with well defined policies and procedures. Management is very supportive and will work incredibly hard to help employees succeed as long as the employee is willing to make the effort and follow direction. There is also a dedicated commitment to satisfying customers from the owner of the company down. The home improvement industry can be challenging at times. Meeting every customer's expectation is hard. I've seen management go way out of their way to satisfy customers who were not completely satisfied at first. Working for a company that stands behind its products and rewards hard work and initiative is a good thing in this day and age.
Pros
Great earnings potiential, good management support, fun work environment
Cons
Hard work at times but that is to be expected
Best Job I Ever Had
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for Appleby Systems now for about 3 years and it is the best job that I have ever had.
I know everyday that I come in that I have something to do and my job matters.
The culture is great! Not like big corporations where your work is never appreciated. Appleby lets you know when you have done a good job!
Current Employee
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2017
I have been working at Appleby Systems now for about 6 months and i can honestly say that they have gone above and beyond for me. Also it has provided a work environment that allows me to provide and great home life for me and my family. This company cares about their employees more than enough to make you a successful salesman and better person very close knit group of people at Appleby Systems!
Misleading, high turnover, rigged for salesman who have been with company longest
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 8, 2017
Subpar training, arrogant Trainer... work hard but don't get paid full pay checks. Most sales leads are bogus. One call close if you do not close first appointment they will send out The same two guys to cut your price and you see no commission... Company is rigged for the gentleman that I've been there the longest. Grotesque language from upper management and trainer during training .
Pros
Cons
Very misleading company
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 15, 2017
This is a very demanding n particular job
Required setting leads n making the daily quota.
Very stressful n crazy job. Not for me but I made the best of it
Great company to work with
Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, PAMay 17, 2017
Ive been with Appleby for a little over a year. This is a very goal oriented company that is expanding daily. Great place to work with a lot of stability.
Work hard, Get Paid
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 4, 2017
Very fun environment to work in. Every day is different and if you work hard and follow the systematic sales steps, you will make money, discipline is a must. The benefits are great and the staff is like family
Pros
Benefits, No ceiling on how much you can make
Appleby Systems
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 29, 2017
The company has talented management and seems to be headed in a positive direction. Everyone is expected to contribute, and you will not last if you do not pull your weight. You will be recognized and rewarded for good work.
No set hours, poor training
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 10, 2017
They did not train well at all. The hours vary only work if there was a sales call might not work for a few days. Management does not stand behind employees.

Want to know more about Appleby Systems, Inc.?

Ask a question
Worst Experience Ever
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2017
I thought sales was tough but door to door. Wow! What a bad experience. They sell you on how you can make money and show you checks from people that made 200k in a year. They sell the job and do not deliver at all.
Pros
Cons
read Review
Great Company & Great Opportunity
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Appleby Systems Inc, offers a great pay structure for all of the different positions they offer.

What A typical day looks like? Depends on the position you have with the company. I find that the hours are flexible and accommodating, for most of the positions offered. But always keep in mind that working crazy hours can be very rewarding/

The management team is always willing to go the extra mile to help coach and develop the sales, outside events, and telemarketing departments.

The best part of Appleby Systems Inc. besides the income, is the staff. Everyone is fun, energetic, and looking to succeed.

I enjoy working for a company with a great reputation, an amazing staff, and the income it provides for my family.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Can get very busy!
Do NOT take this job if you need money only if you have money...
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  York,PAJuly 22, 2015
First week 250 dollars paid for training, which is mediocre and first day spent getting you to sign no compete clauses and various other "employment papers" protecting the Company

NO money is paid if do not make the sale, The companies appointment setters lure in people with promise of one call away from winning the home makeover. You will drive very long hours and work a 10 2 and 7 o clock appointment usually 5 days a week and 10 and 2 on saturdays each appointment being up to two hours away and some strange houses you will be entering. 10 percent commission if dont give it all away to make sale and I think was 50 bucks gas money if made the sale only pre taxes.

A very good job for people with money already!! the product is very Nice IMHO and Personally if had the extra money I think appleby windows are worth the extra costs,very high quality made in the USA.

If your just trying your hand at sales or need a job with steady paychecks from the start go for a traditional job and forget about this one. Tons of gear you need to be hauling to and from car into and out of houses. Bad in the summertime.... average appt 3 hrs

The PILE of non essential protect the company paperwork given the first day can take over 12 hours straight if were to read it all but they RUSH you to complete it and not read it. MINIMAL competent training for the final sale paperwork and kind of just let you to your own devices when they release you to customers homes.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
LOST MONEY with investment in business attire fuel and mileage
Great Work Enviorment
Designer Metal Roof Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall PAMay 29, 2015
Appleby Systems is an excellent company in all aspects. The Metal roofing product we offer is far superior in quality and price to anything on the market today.
Typical work day can be long but also very rewarding. Driving will be required but again the rewards are high. Hours vary depending on your schedule and availability.
Training is conducted both on and off site with all expenses paid for by the company.
Management is result driven with main focus on customer satisfaction. There are weekly meetings to help keep everyone focused on their own personal goals.
This is a great place to work!!!!
Great People and Great Products
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York Pa.May 26, 2015
I have worked in all aspects of this company, started out as an installer then became a service tech., worked in marketing,sales and finally management. All products are top of the line and customer service is central to the culture. Many employees have the products in their homes and I do as well. Lots of room for growth.
Pros
Good pay and benifits with opportunity for advancenment.
Cons
Can get crazy busy!
Call Center Representative
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 20, 2014
I have worked at Appleby Systems as a Call Center Representative for nearly 10 years now. This position has provided me and my family with a great income, but like anything in life...you get out what you put into it. Calling is not for everyone but those who are good at it can make a good living with hard work and yes, some long hours. The company offers great deals to homeowners and offers pricing good for a full year so when they are ready to do their project, at least they have a cost in mind. When we explain that to homeowners, they get excited & that makes me happy! There aren't alot of places nowadays you can get something for free, so they appreciate the free estimate. It's also great to hear after they have had the product installed, how much they love it. We are a close-knit bunch and work together really well.
Telemarketing, we all hate it
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  YorkOctober 1, 2014
As an appointment setter you call people who filled out cards for free windows. Most times they aren't even interested in new windows or any type of remodeling. If you don't set a certain amount of appointments you are left go. Not to mention if there aren't enough "new cards" to call, you are calling people who filled out info from YEARS ago.
Pros
you get to sit down
Cons
telemarketing
Great company and management team!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 13, 2014
Solid leads provided, great commission structure, and a fun place to work! The perfect job for a professional sales person.
Pros
Excellent leads provided!
Cons
None!
Enjoy a cozy 6 day a week 9am-9pm or later job.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 26, 2014
You know those cards that people sign up for to get a 'free this worth this much' that is what Appleby calls their customer. You drive to their house, they only really wrote for a spot at a free window package, you cut them a high price (15% above the actual cost) then low ball them down to the real price (getting rid of the 15% for no reason mark up) and tell them this offer is only good tonight.

That is the Appleby way. As a sales representative you will have to wake up around 8am to check your emails to see what time your first lead it (usually at 10-10:30am) and find out how long it will take you to get to that place (no more than 1 1/2 hours tops.) Then you drive to that person's house, give them the window demo and try to push a sale.

The job is purely commission you get 10% commission if you make a sale, just don't have someone else recover your sale or you don't get squat.

If you think you can make sales out of that and are willing to put in a 6 day 10-14 hour work day week, this job is perfect for you.

The product itself is great. The company, a little vague, more about a sale than the care of the customer. And are always out to make the extra buck if they can.
Pros
Commission is 10%, Pay is every week
Cons
LONG work weeks. You drive a lot. Customers usually just wanted the free window package not you.
Official response from Appleby Systems, Inc.
February 7, 2014

We regret that your experience with Appleby was not a better one and hope that you'll find another opportunity that you find more appealing. Being a Sales Representative for Appleby is certainly a challenging position and we would not want to represent otherwise, however; successful Sales Representatives at Appleby can and do earn significantly more money than most other jobs in the US economy today. If it was easy and anyone could do it, the rewards would be far less.

The average Sales Representative at Appleby runs 7 to 10 appointments per week. While there may be some long days, there are certainly some short ones as well. It is clearly an exaggeration to say that our Reps put in 6 10-14 hour days each week. Like any other high-paying job, it sometimes takes extra time and effort in the beginning in order to reap rewards later but things generally get easier with experience.

Furthermore, the practice of quoting a list price and then offering discounts is hardly unique to Appleby Systems. Practically every retail business in the world does the same thing. It is almost a necessity for a company if they want to remain competitive in today's marketplace.

Appleby has been in business for over 37 years and is proud of its reputation. We regret that your experience with us was not better but we respectfully disagree with some of what you've said. We have many satisfied employees making a good living doing this job and we are happy to be able to offer this opportunity to others.

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  YorkFebruary 21, 2013
I have been with Appleby for 6yrs now and I have to say its the best place I've ever worked. Great products and even better pay all behind a company that cares about its employess. What else can you want.
Pros
great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Appleby Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Appleby Systems, Inc. Reviews by Location