Appleby Systems, Inc.

Appleby Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do NOT take this job if you need money only if you have money...
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  York,PAJuly 22, 2015
First week 250 dollars paid for training, which is mediocre and first day spent getting you to sign no compete clauses and various other "employment papers" protecting the Company

NO money is paid if do not make the sale, The companies appointment setters lure in people with promise of one call away from winning the home makeover. You will drive very long hours and work a 10 2 and 7 o clock appointment usually 5 days a week and 10 and 2 on saturdays each appointment being up to two hours away and some strange houses you will be entering. 10 percent commission if dont give it all away to make sale and I think was 50 bucks gas money if made the sale only pre taxes.

A very good job for people with money already!! the product is very Nice IMHO and Personally if had the extra money I think appleby windows are worth the extra costs,very high quality made in the USA.

If your just trying your hand at sales or need a job with steady paychecks from the start go for a traditional job and forget about this one. Tons of gear you need to be hauling to and from car into and out of houses. Bad in the summertime.... average appt 3 hrs

The PILE of non essential protect the company paperwork given the first day can take over 12 hours straight if were to read it all but they RUSH you to complete it and not read it. MINIMAL competent training for the final sale paperwork and kind of just let you to your own devices when they release you to customers homes.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
LOST MONEY with investment in business attire fuel and mileage
Great Work Enviorment
Designer Metal Roof Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall PAMay 29, 2015
Appleby Systems is an excellent company in all aspects. The Metal roofing product we offer is far superior in quality and price to anything on the market today.
Typical work day can be long but also very rewarding. Driving will be required but again the rewards are high. Hours vary depending on your schedule and availability.
Training is conducted both on and off site with all expenses paid for by the company.
Management is result driven with main focus on customer satisfaction. There are weekly meetings to help keep everyone focused on their own personal goals.
This is a great place to work!!!!
Great People and Great Products
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York Pa.May 26, 2015
I have worked in all aspects of this company, started out as an installer then became a service tech., worked in marketing,sales and finally management. All products are top of the line and customer service is central to the culture. Many employees have the products in their homes and I do as well. Lots of room for growth.
Pros
Good pay and benifits with opportunity for advancenment.
Cons
Can get crazy busy!
Call Center Representative
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 20, 2014
I have worked at Appleby Systems as a Call Center Representative for nearly 10 years now. This position has provided me and my family with a great income, but like anything in life...you get out what you put into it. Calling is not for everyone but those who are good at it can make a good living with hard work and yes, some long hours. The company offers great deals to homeowners and offers pricing good for a full year so when they are ready to do their project, at least they have a cost in mind. When we explain that to homeowners, they get excited & that makes me happy! There aren't alot of places nowadays you can get something for free, so they appreciate the free estimate. It's also great to hear after they have had the product installed, how much they love it. We are a close-knit bunch and work together really well.
Telemarketing, we all hate it
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  YorkOctober 1, 2014
As an appointment setter you call people who filled out cards for free windows. Most times they aren't even interested in new windows or any type of remodeling. If you don't set a certain amount of appointments you are left go. Not to mention if there aren't enough "new cards" to call, you are calling people who filled out info from YEARS ago.
Pros
you get to sit down
Cons
telemarketing
Great company and management team!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 13, 2014
Solid leads provided, great commission structure, and a fun place to work! The perfect job for a professional sales person.
Pros
excellent leads provided!
Cons
none!
Enjoy a cozy 6 day a week 9am-9pm or later job.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 26, 2014
You know those cards that people sign up for to get a 'free this worth this much' that is what Appleby calls their customer. You drive to their house, they only really wrote for a spot at a free window package, you cut them a high price (15% above the actual cost) then low ball them down to the real price (getting rid of the 15% for no reason mark up) and tell them this offer is only good tonight.

That is the Appleby way. As a sales representative you will have to wake up around 8am to check your emails to see what time your first lead it (usually at 10-10:30am) and find out how long it will take you to get to that place (no more than 1 1/2 hours tops.) Then you drive to that person's house, give them the window demo and try to push a sale.

The job is purely commission you get 10% commission if you make a sale, just don't have someone else recover your sale or you don't get squat.

If you think you can make sales out of that and are willing to put in a 6 day 10-14 hour work day week, this job is perfect for you.

The product itself is great. The company, a little vague, more about a sale than the care of the customer. And are always out to make the extra buck if they can.
Pros
commission is 10%, pay is every week
Cons
long work weeks. you drive a lot. customers usually just wanted the free window package not you.

Comment – February 7, 2014

We regret that your experience with Appleby was not a better one and hope that you'll find another opportunity that you find more appealing. Being a Sales Representative for Appleby is certainly a challenging position and we would not want to represent otherwise, however; successful Sales Representatives at Appleby can and do earn significantly more money than most other jobs in the US economy today. If it was easy and anyone could do it, the rewards would be far less. The average Sales Representative at Appleby runs 7 to 10 appointments per week. While there may be some long days, there are certainly some short ones as well. It is clearly an exaggeration to say that our Reps put in 6 10-14 hour days each week. Like any other high-paying job, it sometimes takes extra time and effort in the beginning in order to reap rewards later but things generally get easier with experience. Furthermore, the practice of quoting a list price and then offering discounts is hardly unique to Appleby Systems. Practically every retail business in the world does the same thing. It is almost a necessity for a company if they want to remain competitive in today's marketplace. Appleby has been in business for over 37 years and is proud of its reputation. We regret that your experience with us was not better but we respectfully disagree with some of what you've said. We have many satisfied employees making a good living doing this job and we are happy to be able to offer this opportunity to others.

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  YorkFebruary 21, 2013
I have been with Appleby for 6yrs now and I have to say its the best place I've ever worked. Great products and even better pay all behind a company that cares about its employess. What else can you want.
Pros
great pay
Great place to work...
Corporate Administration (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 13, 2013
Next month will be my 15th year employment anniversary with Appleby Systems and I can honestly say that I love my job! My days are busy and require lots of multi-tasking, which makes the days go by quickly. Our Admin team works great together to get our customer's financing approved and their projects completed in a timely manner. I would recommend Appleby to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
job security, great co-workers
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 9, 2013
Many employees have been with the company over 15 years or more. Tough for any private company to stay in business for a few years today, Appleby has been in business since 1977.
Pros
steady income, chance for advancement
Cons
cold weather in the winter.
very fun,family oriented atmosphere
confirmation supervisior (Current Employee) –  york pennsylvaniaFebruary 6, 2013
i been at appleby systems 9 years.its kind of like my second family.
i love the people and friends i work with.i believe in the company and products we sale.
Pros
love the benefits and expierence i get on a daily basis.
Cons
long work week away from my family.
Great place to work Make your own Pay
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  York, PennsyvaniaFebruary 5, 2013
Appleby has a great work environment with contest, positive re-enforcement, and constant training they provide you with the tools you need to succeed. The hardest part of the Job in our call center is dealing with rejection on a daily basis. Some of the most enjoyable parts is the people you work with, and being able to talk to different people every day.
Pros
family like enviorment, make the money you earn
Cons
long hours, not a great balance work/home
A Great Place to Work
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 5, 2013
I have been with Appleby Systems for 6 years now and would highly recommend the company. Having been in the Home Improvement industry for more than 15 years, I have worked for many companies, most of which are no longer in business or barely keeping their doors open. What my prior companies lacked where management, decision making, training, systematic approaches and customer service were concerned, Appleby has mastered. The security of a 36 year history coupled with the friendly atmosphere of being family owned and operated provides a sense of satisfaction, motivation and pride. More so than any company I have worked for, Appleby deeply cares about their customers and goes above an beyond to make sure their experience is a great one from start to finish and beyond. I am not only an employee, but also a customer and I cannot say enough about the superior quality and energy efficiency of the Appleby Window. Since I had them installed 2 years ago, we have increased the value and comfort of our home and saved substancially on our energy bills each month.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, advancement opportunities, great products & people
Cons
long hours but the harder you work, the more money you make
Operations (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 4, 2013
I've been employed by Appleby Systems for almost 7 years and am very satisfied with the company's treatment of employees. It is a family owned business that's been around for a long time and the owner takes great pride in the business. There is a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. I also like the fact that most employees are compensated based on their performance so you can make significant income if you're willing to put in the effort.

There's no question that the Home Improvement business has been a challenging business to be in over the last few years but the fact that Appleby has continued to do well in these difficult years says a lot about the company. I look forward to making even more money as the economy rebounds and Appleby benefits from its leading role in the industry.
Pros
stable company, good customer service, performance based compensation, full benefits, great products.
Company based on lies. Would not recommend to my worst enemy
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  York PaJanuary 25, 2013
This company is based on lies. Rather it be their product, their service, or their pay, it is all lies. You will spend countless hours driving at your own expense. You are to try and hard ball prospective customers who just met you into buying way over-priced products costing 3-40 thousand and they must make a decision now or you lose the sale. Sale is then turned over to a recovery man who low balls your ridiculous price with the information you have gathered and he gets the sale. All part of their scam. Marketing will send you on bogus leads hours away only to find no one home or customer just lost job etc All at your expense.
Pros
2 leads a day usually
Cons
long drives. huge gas expense. unqualified deceptive tactics leads. unsatisfied customers.