Appleton Employee Reviews

Stressful not worth the time or day
Instructional Aide for special Education (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
One of the most unorganized places I have ever worked at. Management sucks. The pay is not worth what they ask of you to do. Depending on the type f teacher you have you most likely will be doing the teachers work as well.
Pros
the kids
Cons
everything else
Millennial, fast paced, forward-thinking, gig economy
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REP (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2017
Appleton is a place perfect for the new age millennial, both is corporate and as an employee. Personable, great location, and an opportunity to possibly move up quickly and learn different skills that can be used to move forward.
Exciting and very informative
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 11, 2017
The excitement comes from working with students on a daily basis. The informative aspects comes from learning what the students endure everyday. It is hard to understand the students and the teachers if you have not experienced what they have. Being consistent with my requirements of the students and my willingness to learn from the teachers and students, has been an asset to me as a substitute teacher.
Pros
Learning new things and new people
Cons
Knowing it is temporary.
Most teacher in Montgomery, AL is a joy to work with and will help you if needed
Substitute Teacher 6-12 (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 19, 2017
I have worked for Appleton almost 2 years. I love my job as a substitute teacher. Some of the children are great to work with. The pay is awful, $35 for a half day, $70 a full 7 hrs day, unless you are a long term substitute, then it is $120 a day. I have a BS and a MS degree and $70 a day is a slap in the face!! I am getting my teacher license because $70 a day is awful for anyone trying to make a living. I will need 3 jobs at this rate. They offer insurance but at $70 a day you can't afford the insurance. 401k is self pay only
Pros
Weekly pay. Most middle school have long breaks, plenty of help from other teachers
Cons
Low wages, conflicted scheduling, no retirement, 401k self pay only
nice place to work and employee involvement
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton, OHJune 15, 2016
Decent place to work and employee involvement. The hourly and some supervisor positions are swingshift. The pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
swingshift
Enjoyable and good co-workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 10, 2016
Productive and fun co-workers
Iam learned handling machines and keeping good shape on them.
I like the use of chairs at the work place
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
short breaks and wait for maintenance of machines
Productive fun place
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 22, 2016
Great upbeat company with a interesting culture. It is full of young employees seeking careers. It is growing company that has the power to expand across the world.
Great Job
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 21, 2015
This is a great job for someone who is in school and like working with kids. The hours are great and you are off during the holidays and summer.
Nothing special...
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 10, 2015
Somewhat bureaucratic and tends to rely on policies and procedures and does not encourage creativity and risk taking. Varies from division to division and some are much better than others.
Great Company
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2015
Great company to work for. All of the employees are nice and very professional. The company really cares about their employees.
Productive and Fun to work with the kids
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 17, 2014
Appleton After School Labs is a wonderful job for a college student looking to make extra income while still being able to go to class. Its an hand-on experience with working with and being able to teach kids from middle school to elementary. The S.T.E.A.M. curriculum that Appleton provides challenges you and the kids.
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Health Care, Job Security
Great Job
Systems Technicians (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2014
This company is a great place to work, Very professional. Day one since I have been working with Appleton I have had no complaints. Any issue that any employee has is always resolved with out any complaints.
A great company in it's prime.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  MillAugust 14, 2013
This WAS a great company to work for in it's prime but is no longer since the MASS layoff in June 2012. Appleton said they could purchase paper cheaper than producing it, sorry but I didn't by it ! So they decided to permanently lay off 330 workers and harshly impact the live of many suppliers and contractors. It all comes down to CORPORATE GREED !
Pros
None at this time.
Cons
How long will they be in business?
Business Support Services, Training, Consultancy and Financial Advisory Services.
Setting goals, Office running and Administration (Current Employee) –  LagosApril 12, 2013
Supervise and oversee and proper coordination of business operational procedures. I have learned how to be more patient with clients and ensure members of staff better project a professional image of the company and her product and services.

Very challenging part of the job includes developing other businesses to add to current operational procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is having complimentary feedback from clients
Shut down and outsourced work to Canada
Color Technician (Former Employee) –  West Carrolton OhioAugust 29, 2012
productive company, but it shut down the paper producing machines where I worked.We had good management but they also lost their jobs.Had great people to work with.
Cons
swing shift and running 365 days a tear.
It was a good place to work. Before cuts.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OHAugust 1, 2012
Appleton was a good place to work. They downsized and and closed powerhouse. I learned how to become a good Stationary Engineer.
I enjoyed the people i worked with and got along with management.
The hardest part of my job was not let the coal Boilers smoke and have opacity issues.What I like best was the people I worked with
and I made good friends.
Pros
good salary and close to home.
Cons
swing shifts.