Applewood Centers Employee Reviews

Good place
Bi-Lingual Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2017
Good place to work as social work in Cleveland, Ohio. Good environment, good people to work with. Supervisor are people who like to help you and flexible
amazing co-workers, competative pay
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2017
I developed positive relationships with coworkers who were friendly and supportive.
Through positive team approach, it was possible to build relationships with clients and their family at home, school, and in the community/including court.
Management supported positive physical safety of staff.
It was so rewarding to positively make a difference in families' lives.
Pros
generous vacation time, flexable schedules, health benefits, mileage reimbursement
Cons
Paper work, burn out, high-stress situations at times
Place for professional growth
Intern (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJune 17, 2016
A lot of training and stuff for professional growth. Good for people pusuing LISW. Also easy to get supervision hours. But because of thee payment, you can notice people come and go a lot.
Pros
good agency culture, good management, a lot of training and professional growth
Cons
a lot of driving for school-based, not so attractive payment regarding the work
Absolutely Avoid!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2015
I was let go after a month or so with no warning, they just handed me a box at the end of the day! They have TERRIBLE supervisor feedback. They promised I'd get a detailed letter with why I was let go, and I have yet to see it. They refuse to answer any questions, and they do not seem to know what they want in an employee. Beware!
Social work Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lorain County OhioMay 7, 2015
Exposed to multiple therapies including School Based, Intensive Home Based, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Parent Management Training. Conducted mental health assessments, developed treatment plans and participated in intake procedures.
Enjoyed working with co workers.
Clerical Staff/Records (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 21, 2015
I would do filing, prepare paperwork and copies of medical charts for patient as instructed by doctors. Pull charts for next day appointments. answer phones. Do postage for mail and relieved front desk for breaks and lunches.
Pros
Stable employment for a agency doing good work in the community.
Cons
Pay was on the low end, raises were very low.
fun work place and great co workers
Treatment Specialist, Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 23, 2014
decent clientele. good co workers. terrible pay. costly benefits. shift work. management is very knowledgeable about clients we serve. hardest part is managing the floor on a day with short amount of staff
Pros
free meals
Cons
terrible pay
Nice place to work
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2014
Coming in contact with all types of Illnesses, the staff was okay and the hardest part about the job was coming in contact with anything when first meeting that person.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The envirnoment
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2014
I have to say that it's a ok place to work. My co worker are great people to work with. the leadership do care about the clients.
keep you on your toes
cottage worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioFebruary 3, 2014
keep you on your toes at work, no one day is never the same. Team work is the key to be successful in this field. Good leadership too.
Fun
Residential Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2012
A typical work day for Applewood would consist having a lot of interaction with kids from different backgrounds. You could be doing anything from playing cards, playing catch, going to groups, and or going to school with them, while teaching them important and meaningful life lessons in the process. While working here, you can expect to have co-workers that that are patient, kind, and there for the best interests of the kids.From the time I was there this program seemed to be growing for the better every day. For me the most enjoyable part of the job was making an impact on a young kids life.
Pros
being able to work with kids one on one