Are you looking for a career that fully utilizes your expertise in technology and combines it with your ability to provide the best infrastructure possible for clients?
Applied Data Consultants, Inc. (ADC) is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our diverse software engineering team in Eau Claire, Wis. We work with clients in nearly every state in the nation and provinces in Canada in providing web solutions to meet their needs.
ADC is an application development and geographic information systems (GIS) firm with 40 employees and offices in five states throughout the nation. We offer a flexible work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from our team members.
We don’t expect proficiency on all of these tools immediately, but we are looking for someone with the aptitude and interest to master any technology that meets the needs of the problem:
- Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Windows (Server 2003, Server 2008)
- Server Hardware
- Java (JVM, Stripes, JSP, Android)
- Apache, Tomcat, Node
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS)
- Proactively monitors and troubleshoots infrastructure issues and application performance
- Is “on-call” to respond to and resolve service disruptions
- Documents system design and procedures
- Designs, tests and implements disaster recovery plans
- Engages in long-term technical planning and influences the direction of ADC’s technical infrastructure
- Build and scale ADC’s infrastructure to meet growing demand
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (e.g. puppet, chef)
- Experience with a modern web or MVC framework
- Experience with version control, ideally git
- Experience with database administration (PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
If interested in this exciting and challenging postion send your resume along with a cover letter and a list of references.