Applied Imagination Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, warm and welcoming environment
Counseling Intern / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Every day is different, so always have to be ready for change due to the nature of the work
Learning how to work not only with the patient but the dynamics of the family and be respectful and understanding of their views and beliefs.
Co-workers are all very supportive and encouraging, always willing to help
Hardest part is the death of the patient and the effects it has on the family as well as the team that works with them.
The best part is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and helping them
Pros
work environment
Cons
mental anguish / grief
Nice place to work
Medicaid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2015
Very Nice place to work people very nice there and very helpful.

I love helping my coworkers and my patients. I learned the Medicaid system and meet a lot of nursing and doctors
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
traffic
It was great to work with so many up beat people in such an emotional draining job.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Filed paper work, reorganized supplies, sent out mailers to patient families and provided support to the patient secretaries.The hardest part of the job was during the filing of patient folders, I would run across one with a picture of the patient and then a face is put to a name. Many times the patient would have passed away by then.
so-so
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 27, 2014
As a runner you are on call & as such you may be VERY busy one night & not at all the next. Since the triage RN has been eliminated the RN runners must now take incoming calls as well as make visits. The runners are under-staffed in my opinion. COverage provided to 5 counties so a lot of time is spent driving. Mostly inner city visits. Must be comfortable with ANY kind of visit from symptoms, to psych-social, to deaths.
Pros
on call
Cons
bad neighborhoods
Vitas is a very good place to work with a flexible schedule and friendly environment. There is room for advancement anf job security. I worked PT at
Triage Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
I was a Triage nurse for the Telecare call centet which is a 24 hour hotline for patients and family on the hospice program. I love the supportive role and found it very rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micromanagement
Respect
Administrative Clerk/ PCS (Former Employee) –  Maitland FlDecember 19, 2014
I felt a lot of respect going out towards the patients and family members. I was honored to work for this company because of that.
I would recommend patients and family to go to this company for the proper help.

My most enjoyable part of this job was to get phone calls from family members thanking me for all the time I gave to there family weather it was just an ear to talk to or getting something done.
productive,independence, cutural diversed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Hardest part of the job was embracing many of the clients being ill, yet they managed to muster up jovial disposition which exhibited, the simple aspects in life are what matter most. Attending work daily promoted self determination, self awareness towards imparting empathy, attentiveness, initiative which allowed my assignments to be enjoyed resulting in knowledge, all customers require varied services of support with cultural diversity as well as client interest to be considered in order to create a positive support to be rendered . co workers as well as superiors were leaders, implementing continuing education, as well as, ceremonial recognitions.
Pros
team work, paid tiem off, execellent benefits, room or advancement
Cons
distance driving, however clients served made the distance worthwhile
Vitas cares about money
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2014
no advancement, work hard for nothing, if your are not a favorite, or you complain,, watch out, they will find a way to force you out. No raises, pay freeze, unless you are a favorite, then you get a raise. They say, admit everyone you can, find a reason, No o.t. allowed for Case Managers, Management will lie to your face, no honesty. I worked hard for Vitas for nothing. Telecare is a joke, pt and families wait on hold for over 20-30 min, the list of issues goes on, Oh yea, the worse health insurance ever, might as well not have any, or get it on your own. Every year gets worse and worse.
Pros
pto
Cons
treat employees poorly, dishonest, poor pay, no raises for years
Productive fast paced
Hospice Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2014
I admitted patients to the hospice programs and making sure they met the medicare gudelines for admission. I enjoyed this job very much. Long hours and trying to balance work and life became an issue. I loved being able to help the patients by starting the plan of care and getting everything in place so that the case manager could manage thier care.
Pros
working in hospice environment
Fast-paced learning environment.
Admissions Coordinator/Telecare CSR (Former Employee) –  Lombard IlOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at Vitas in one word is challenging. Daily tasks include gathering patient data, inputting information in patient's charts. Dealing with patients families and various clergy in over 15 different states. The hardest part of the job is telling a family member that their loved one has been referred to Hospice. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting families through the Hospice process.
Pros
benefits/401k
Cons
heavy workload not enough time in a day!
Not a bad place to work
RN Case Manager, Triage, and Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job is speaking with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide assistance to our patients and caregivers.
Pros
close to home, short commute
Cons
evening hours
registered nurse
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  smithville, MissouriJune 20, 2015
this job was not a good fit. was not happy with this position. union member. I disliked driving long days and not getting paid for overtime
Supportive Work Environment
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 18, 2014
A typical day could be a combination of traveling to different facilities to visit patients and their families, attending funerals/visitations, going to Care Conference meetings, or attending CPE cohort meetings. Management with VITAS and through CPE were consistently supportive and helpful. Co-workers were positive and created opportunities for me to participate in activities to gain more experience in different areas around the office.

This internship taught me Story Theology and process learning.
Pros
ice cream truck would come in the summer
Cons
phoning in our time sheet
Helping People
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day ay my job is never boring. I've learned how to master my multitasking skills, as well as customer service. Management is supportive and will provide help and guidance when asked. My co-workers are great. We all work as a team and help each other when needed. Being a team player and offering help when able is the foundation of building a great department.

I work in Hospice care. Its hard not to get attached to families and clients that are under our care and service. Speaking to families who have lost loved ones, is the hardest part of this job. On the brighter side, it's a remarkable feeling knowing that people who choose to live out the rest of their lives at home with their loved ones, are able to do so with the help of Hospice care. I find great reward hearing how families are grateful for the support they are offered before, during, and after Hospice care.

Healthcare is my passion, helping people is what I love doing.
Very heart warming, a place where compassion and empathy are truly thier greatest asset.
Continuous Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2014
Almost every shift was different beginning with the patient and the care that was needed.
I learned that death can be beautiful.
I know that every person there loved what they do.
The hardest part was to put my own feelings regarding death and dying on hold and do the best for the patient.
It gives me a good feeling to know that I was there when their family or loved ones could not be.
Pros
working per diem, i was able to schedule my availablity.
Cons
working per diem, their were times when i wanted to work, but didn't get called.
A learning experience.
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
This job give me great learning skills in hospice care. I worked my own hours and played my day. I had a great team to work with.
Pros
WORK HOURS
Cons
NO ADVANCEMENT
Work that matters, but is not recognized
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 19, 2014
I enjoy the work that I do at Vitas, providing support and assistance to families caring for loved ones at the end of life. The work is rewarding and not too challenging. My co-workers are phenomenal, always helping each other and very kind individuals. The issue with the company is the management and compensation. The company has been in a pay freeze for the past 2 years, and they do not offer company bonuses. The management acts like they care, but they do not address employee concerns.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
compensation and management
A great start
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 13, 2015
Taco Bell was my First job at the age of 18 it was very exciting to be a shift manager running and operating the store and staff. Taco Bell helped develop great Leadership skills in me!
Caring for Hospice patients
CNA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2014
Typical Night at Work: Different day to day
What I learned: How to do post mortem care
Management: I had a great team manager
Hardest Part of the Job: The emotions of family members
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Getting to know the patient & their story.
Pros
seeing that the patient is comforted before their passing.
Cons
when patient census drops i am cancelled
Flexible Work schedule
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMay 22, 2014
Sometimes I made my own hours in the beginning and the patient load isn't always too bad. It was a great experience learning about the ins and outs of hospice and the process. It was great meeting different families and cultures and touching their lives in a good way. The hardest part would be getting attached to a patient who would pass away and sometimes I would get patients that would require a lot of labor. The most enjoyable part would be making the patients and their families smile because of the care they received.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
employees are not always looked out for