Applied Imagination Employee Reviews

A professional organization that has as its mission to have families and patients first, to take care of each other, and to always do your best.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Ability to continue to learn new things about health care. A One health care provided by top notch staff. Always feel like you are improving the quality of life for your terminal patients.

As an employee, you experience autonomy in planning your schedule every day.

You are always part of an interdisciplinary team.
Pros
you contribute to an atmosphere of professionalism.
Cons
you must take on on-call 2 nights every month and that can cause stress.
Challenging and rewarding job.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 20, 2015
The work is challenging and rewarding. I enjoy the families and co-workers very much. I feel that I have gained valuable experience with VITAS.
Not a bad place to work
RN Case Manager, Triage, and Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job is speaking with angry customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide assistance to our patients and caregivers.
Pros
close to home, short commute
Cons
evening hours
Cares not only about the patient but their employees
Licensed Vocational Nurse/Continuous Care (Former Employee) –  Encino, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2015
Continuous care nurse for this company, day starts 4pm-12 midnight.

I learned everything I knew about hospice with this company. They had a great management team, well organized and the co-workers were simple amazing. Hardest part of my job was to watch the dying patient and see the pain the families were going through. I enjoyed taking care of the dying families and the support I got not only from management but also my co-worker.
Disorganized, poorly managed, dishonest representation to employees and clients
RN Case Manager-FT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2015
From the onset, I realized the position was misrepresented in regards to workload, support, and travel radius. Very little training given to manage patient needs to include port access and maintenance, wound care, and system drains. Additional records given without instructions for use or documentation. Limited coverage of patient care for ill or vacationing employees. Patients usually thankful for care, education, and supplies.
Great place to work and fun people to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJFebruary 24, 2015
This is a great place to work the administrative and employees are great with their clients and well trained. My experience as an employee was great if I hadn't had to move to Vermont I would still be working for them. Please move the business to Vermont so I can go back to work foryou.
Pros
great place to work and great benefits
Cons
traveling could be more clumped together so there is less wear and tear on your vehicl
Hospice Aide
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2015
 Assist with recording patient vitals and all fluid intake and output. Colostomy and Foley Catheter care
• Deliver appropriate skin, hair, oral, foot and nail care as directed by Nurse Manager. Provide bed bath, shower or tub bath as appropriate
• Ambulation care and body alignment positioning. Aid with range of motion exercises
Pros
being a part of a delicate situation and doing all i an do to make it easier.
Cons
cleaning the patient after death
Patience
STATE TESTED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHFebruary 2, 2015
What I learned from this position is patience. Caring for terminally ill people was a very difficult job and required empathy, compassion and patience.
Productive, warm and welcoming environment
Counseling Intern / Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Every day is different, so always have to be ready for change due to the nature of the work
Learning how to work not only with the patient but the dynamics of the family and be respectful and understanding of their views and beliefs.
Co-workers are all very supportive and encouraging, always willing to help
Hardest part is the death of the patient and the effects it has on the family as well as the team that works with them.
The best part is knowing I am making a difference in someone's life and helping them
Pros
work environment
Cons
mental anguish / grief
Interesting patient mix /good RN staffHigh standards
Team Physician (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 25, 2015
High standards for patient care, good RN staff, interesting patient mix. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
interesting patient mix
Vitas is a very good place to work with a flexible schedule and friendly environment. There is room for advancement anf job security. I worked PT at
Triage Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
I was a Triage nurse for the Telecare call centet which is a 24 hour hotline for patients and family on the hospice program. I love the supportive role and found it very rewarding.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
micromanagement
Helping People
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day ay my job is never boring. I've learned how to master my multitasking skills, as well as customer service. Management is supportive and will provide help and guidance when asked. My co-workers are great. We all work as a team and help each other when needed. Being a team player and offering help when able is the foundation of building a great department.

I work in Hospice care. Its hard not to get attached to families and clients that are under our care and service. Speaking to families who have lost loved ones, is the hardest part of this job. On the brighter side, it's a remarkable feeling knowing that people who choose to live out the rest of their lives at home with their loved ones, are able to do so with the help of Hospice care. I find great reward hearing how families are grateful for the support they are offered before, during, and after Hospice care.

Healthcare is my passion, helping people is what I love doing.
It was great to work with so many up beat people in such an emotional draining job.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Filed paper work, reorganized supplies, sent out mailers to patient families and provided support to the patient secretaries.The hardest part of the job was during the filing of patient folders, I would run across one with a picture of the patient and then a face is put to a name. Many times the patient would have passed away by then.
productive,independence, cutural diversed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Hardest part of the job was embracing many of the clients being ill, yet they managed to muster up jovial disposition which exhibited, the simple aspects in life are what matter most. Attending work daily promoted self determination, self awareness towards imparting empathy, attentiveness, initiative which allowed my assignments to be enjoyed resulting in knowledge, all customers require varied services of support with cultural diversity as well as client interest to be considered in order to create a positive support to be rendered . co workers as well as superiors were leaders, implementing continuing education, as well as, ceremonial recognitions.
Pros
team work, paid tiem off, execellent benefits, room or advancement
Cons
distance driving, however clients served made the distance worthwhile
so-so
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 27, 2014
As a runner you are on call & as such you may be VERY busy one night & not at all the next. Since the triage RN has been eliminated the RN runners must now take incoming calls as well as make visits. The runners are under-staffed in my opinion. COverage provided to 5 counties so a lot of time is spent driving. Mostly inner city visits. Must be comfortable with ANY kind of visit from symptoms, to psych-social, to deaths.
Pros
on call
Cons
bad neighborhoods
Respect
Administrative Clerk/ PCS (Former Employee) –  Maitland FlDecember 19, 2014
I felt a lot of respect going out towards the patients and family members. I was honored to work for this company because of that.
I would recommend patients and family to go to this company for the proper help.

My most enjoyable part of this job was to get phone calls from family members thanking me for all the time I gave to there family weather it was just an ear to talk to or getting something done.
Vitas provided wonderful services to its patients
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 8, 2014
Vitas provides wonderful care to its patients and families of patients. It can be a challenging job emotionally but at the end of the day I always took pride in what I did. Vitas also took care of its employees and we received decent benefits.
I throughly enjoyed employment with Vitas
LPN (Former Employee) –  Portage, INDecember 3, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Vitas Inovative Hospice, The team of coworkers as well as management was hard working and devoted to providing the best patient care possible.Our patients were always top priority.
Gotta love the mission and people!
Hospice Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
Excellent all-around especially if you're a nurse
Great management and company culture
Pros
colleagues, flexibility
Cons
advancement in marketing is limited
Family
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Covina, CANovember 25, 2014
Facility staff was once very united and like a family. With changes came more responsibilities but not more pay.